Type keyword(s) to search

The Princess Bride Mafia

• Start Topic

Drogo: - the rage – hera = Athena

I'm going to address this because Hera was not really a mother to Athena. Athena was born fully formed from Zeus's head. She was more or less raised by her own mother Metis in Zeus's head after he consumed her. He did so after he heard the prophecy that Metis would have a son who who overtake him. The only link between Hera and Athena is that they are Greek gods. They never interacted in any of the major stories.

Drogo:  To gain – To ga – Toga – Greek fashion = Athena

This is just silly word association. Drogo, buddy, I really like you and once this over, you'll be sorry again if you get me DLed since I did you a solid. You better send me flowers after this.

Oinky Boinky, you owe me a bottle of single malt or fine bourbon if you do get me DLed.

I am not going to vote for myself and I remember last time how people should have listened to CP so I will place my faith in her. Sorry, TMunz.

2 to DL Athena (Drogo,Oinky Boinky), 8 to RSVP "Yes" to the Toga Party

4 to DL TMunz (CuriousParker, Jesse, stacey, Athena), 6 to put their hands in their air like they just don't care.

1 to DL TJTrack99 (TMunz), 9 to hand out iocane powder.

• Love 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

No guys, don't do this again. You killed me first last time and I was a hero (though being quiet) and you're going to do it again now that I'm trying to help and find clues. 

Bob: Rum – pirates – Tmunz’s captain hat avatar - TMunz

It's an airline pilot's hat. 

I am not going to vote for myself and I remember last time how people should have listened to CP so I will place my faith in her. Sorry, TMunz.

Well, this time you place your faith wrongly.

How am I being shady? I alluded to the number nine the first time I brought up the Captain Grumpy clue. This time I'm just putting putting  my foot where my mouth is.

Edited by TMunz
  • Love 1

To add to possible language clues...

'the teller had no time to help the young woman and left in quick succession'

(a singular noun leaving in a plural fashion)

'upcoming weeks of sitting still'

(she is waiting but no one said she would be waiting in immobility and also she moved enough to attract a new lover)

'younger than she but still so naive and stubborn with it'

(with it is wrong)

got it got it got it

The clue is 'still'

can we add that to Rum and BRANDY and make something of it?

(used full editor and couldn't get the stills in bold)

'younger than she but still so naive and stubborn with it'

'still' is redundant

'upcoming weeks of sitting still'

'still' is redundant

This was how I explained what I found.

I pointed out all of the awkward language in that one section.

It led me to the word still plus it seemed we had some other alcohol related clues.

I've also just realized that 'quick succession' could refer to shots

I thought I had made it pretty clear that I thought Mark was a stretch for that clue and asked for other opinions.

• Love 1

Oinky Boinky, you owe me a bottle of single malt or fine bourbon if you do get me DLed.

Yes on the single malt, not a whole bottle but I will let you sample a variety.

I found your argument compelling. I'm switching my vote

1 to DL Athena (Drogo), 9 to RSVP "Yes" to the Toga Party

5 to DL TMunz (CuriousParker, Jesse, stacey, Athena,Oinky Boinky), 5 to not have to gift a whole bottle of single malt

1 to DL TJTrack99 (TMunz), 9 to hand out iocane powder.

• Love 1

Athena, I just said I could be on board with the TMunz DL and you bring this up?  Stop that!   

The only link between Hera and Athena is that they are Greek gods. They never interacted in any of the major stories.

Not exactly.  Hera was the wife of Athena's father.  And the Judgement of Paris is a pretty major story in Greek mythology, eventually leading to the Trojan War.  The three goddesses who entered the contest were the winner, Aphrodite- and the two losers: Hera and Athena.  ;)

Yes on the single malt, not a whole bottle but I will let you sample a variety.

Well, if your collection is as good as mine... :)

Athena, I just said I could be on board with the TMunz DL and you bring this up?  Stop that!   

Not exactly.  Hera was the wife of Athena's father.  And the Judgement of Paris is a pretty major story in Greek mythology, eventually leading to the Trojan War.  The three goddesses who entered the contest were the winner, Aphrodite- and the two losers: Hera and Athena.  ;)

Ahh well. Then. I missed that, but your vote is still associated to me name, dear friend. Even more reason for me not to be associated with my jealous step-mother. But I'm not angry at her, my boy Odysseus won the war and got home in the end. ;)

• Love 2

*Was waiting for OB's move before I yanked my vote, since she was kind enough to believe in my reasoning.  Thank you, OB.

Disclaimer:  I reserve the right to bring up the toga and Hera clues again toMorrow if this goes poorly.  ;)

6 to DL TMunz (CuriousParker, Jesse, stacey, Athena, Oinky Boinky, Drogo), 4 to drink rum with lower-case "r"s only
1 to DL TJTrack99 (TMunz), 9 to hand out iocane powder

• Love 1

Not 100% convinced that this is a good idea.

7 to DL TMunz (CuriousParker, Jesse, stacey, Athena, Oinky Boinky, Drogo, Hanged Man), 3 needed whose ways aren't very sportsmanlike.

• Love 1

This is an important message to the town, the good people of the town.

Please whoever is our protector, I need you tonight.

Please don't let me die. Protect me and keep me safe. This is not a selfish request.

Not sure what else to say, I want to go to bed and day may end soon.

• Love 1

I hope y'all are right. The time is growing short and a vote needs to be reached if we're going to learn anything today.

7 to DL TMunz (CuriousParker, Jesse, stacey, Athena, Oinky Boinky, Drogo, egavasc), 3 to conceive the inconceivable

• Love 1

Let's give it a shot....

9 to DL TMunz (CuriousParker, Jesse, stacey, Athena, Oinky Boinky, Drogo, egavasc, Hanged Man, MarkHB), 1 to inconceive the conceivable and demonstrate the I before E except after C rule

• Love 2

Let's give it a shot....

9 to DL TMunz (CuriousParker, Jesse, stacey, Athena, Oinky Boinky, Drogo, egavasc, Hanged Man, MarkHB), 1 to inconceive the conceivable and demonstrate the I before E except after C rule

Man, this made me feel like I had made a grievous spelling error.

• Love 2

(As mentioned earlier, I've been in insane deadline mode, but that deadline was a few hours ago. I finally got around to rewatching the movie a few hours ago, and wow am I glad I did.)

I really don't buy the toga / Hera clues; seems completely like coincidence to me. Sorry, Drogo. That said, though Hera is more connected to Athena than Calypso, Calypso and Hera are cousins. Not that that means anything anyway.

I'm also wary about killing TMunz off so early again on what feels like something pretty sketchy. Rather than close it out just yet I'll come back tomorrow and look at everything more thoroughly with less sleep-deprived eyes.

• Love 1

I think the story about the Boo-er is a clue, but not the usual type.  I think it's a clue as to which side she is in the game.  If she is True Love's Champion, then she's probably a Hero.  But that's guesswork.

TMunz, I may have inadvertently put you in this position.  If I get what you're saying, and you're telling the truth, I think I know which Hero you are.  (Which makes 4 I think I know: Oinky, who has basically told us; Drogo, if I get his hints too; TMunz, and myself.)

While I'm not sure this is right, I feel it's the safer option right now, and is better for my interests.

2 to DL TJTrack99 (TMunz, SVNBob), 8 to hand out iocane powder.

Let it not be said that I went against the narrative.

• Love 1
(edited)

I hope y'all are right. 

Fun fact: They're not.

I'm also wary about killing TMunz off so early again on what feels like something pretty sketchy. Rather than close it out just yet I'll come back tomorrow and look at everything more thoroughly with less sleep-deprived eyes.

The whole thing is very sketchy. But I have to applaud CP on casting this egregious light on me.  

I'm a decent fellow,  I hate to die.

I hope with my death you use this opportunity to learn who the real villains are and avenge this unjustice.

Edited by TMunz
  • Love 1

Bob I trust you. Can you please firm up why TMunz is a good guy?

I'm unvoting until Bob speaks...

8 to DL TMunz (CuriousParker, Jesse, stacey, Athena, Drogo, egavasc, Hanged Man, MarkHB), 1 to inconceive the conceivable and demonstrate the I before E except after C rule

• Love 1

I gave that an hour...

Bob if you have something to say spit it out.

I may be involved in a situation up until noon (day close?)so I am putting my vote back.

• Love 1
(edited)

I am pulling my support for the DL

8 to DL TMunz (CuriousParker, Jesse, stacey, Athena, Oinky Boinky, Drogo, egavasc, MarkHB) 2 needed whose ways aren't very sportsmanlike

Edited by Hanged Man
  • Love 1
(edited)

I think I understand what you're saying, TMunz, but if you want to kill a Villain, look elsewhere. I think we both have bigger fish to fry. If you kill me I'll be blue :(

And didn't Drogo and caprice both debunk the grumpy -> Ninth Doctor connection? Staying on clues that aren't clues (as there will be none for me) is mighty suspicious, in my opinion.

ETA: Bob, knowing that I'm a Hero makes what you're saying sound REALLY suspicious.

Edited by TJtrack99
  • Love 1
(edited)

I think the story about the Boo-er is a clue, but not the usual type.  I think it's a clue as to which side she is in the game.  If she is True Love's Champion, then she's probably a Hero.  But that's guesswork.

TMunz, I may have inadvertently put you in this position.  If I get what you're saying, and you're telling the truth, I think I know which Hero you are.  (Which makes 4 I think I know: Oinky, who has basically told us; Drogo, if I get his hints too; TMunz, and myself.)

I agree that the Ancient Boo-er is a Hero, or at the very least neutral.  Anyone who risks execution to point out the merits of TruLuv is okay in my book.  

SVNBob your post made me go back and look for hints that have been given so far.  While I'm unsure who exactly you and TMunz are claiming (though TMunz did quote someone extraordinary)- I also think we can add Athena to this list who dropped a pretty big hint about her character's work history.  Regarding my own character, I'm very honest and very trustworthy.  I'll be a good friend til the very end.  

I don't mean to sound wishy-washy, but I was a hell of a lot more sure about things when I was the Spider or the Hellbitch.  ;) 

Now, as big as I am, I'm really nervous about hurting someone I'm aligned with. 

Looking at things from the POV of TMunz being the extraordinary character he quoted, it occurs to me that even though Captain Grumpy wasn't the actual Ninth Doctor, he came after the Eighth Doctor - which does technically make him the ninth incarnation in counting order.  Also, the nickname Captain Grumpy was given to him by the eleventh Doctor.  9 * 11 = 99

7 to DL TMunz (CuriousParker, Jesse, stacey, Athena, Oinky Boinky, egavasc, MarkHB), 3 to inconceive the conceivable and demonstrate the I before E except after C rule

3 to DL TJTrack99 (TMunz, SVNBob, Drogo), 7 to hand out iocane powder.

*Edited because I crossposted w/ HM.

Edited by Drogo

Because unless he's lying, I believe I know who TMunz is.   

And that's why I'm not voting for him. Because, he seems a decent fellow, and I hate to kill him.

Drogo, we're supposed to be friends too...*looks expectantly at him* So please don't kill me, wouldn't you?

• Love 1

Will anyone believe me if I say I am a very decisive person?

I am pretty sure I know exactly who 3 people are in this game and half way to knowing two others.

I have to vote with the ones I trust:

6 to DL TMunz (CuriousParker, Jesse, stacey, Athena, egavasc, MarkHB), 4 to inconceive the conceivable and demonstrate the I before E except after C rule

4 to DL TJTrack99 (TMunz, SVNBob, Drogo,Oinky Boinky,), 6 to dispute the claim that indecision is the hobgoblin of a weak mind

• Love 1

FML.  Okay so let me share this clue from D1, given in the same format as the Athena clues no one really liked... 

I'll change my vote if those I trust feel confident about this.  

“Rugen what if...” the fire swamp bubbled ominously close to them.

If these are the clues, then the lip curl is not a clue because there was only one clue in that story.  FYI, I myself brought up Lady Calypso's name in the facial gymnastics conversation, but only to see if that's where Oinky was going with it because she brought up the clue but was keeping her suspicions to herself (which helps no one, of course.)  Oinky said she wasn't talking about LC, so that conversation was over.

Drogo because I had a different take on the facial stuff doesn't mean I was right and you were wrong.

In fact I was wrong about Bob so you may want to look at this again 'cause you know lip calisthenics could be pointing at Lady Calypso

• Love 1

If TMunz is who she hints she is, clearly I cannot vote for her.

But if TJ is also who he hints he is, I cannot vote for him either.

Again, I'm not sure about this, but it's a better option than before.

6 to DL TMunz (CuriousParker, Jesse, stacey, Athena, egavasc, MarkHB), 4 to inconceive the conceivable and demonstrate the I before E except after C rule

3 to DL TJTrack99 (TMunz, Drogo,Oinky Boinky,), 7 to dispute the claim that indecision is the hobgoblin of a weak mind

1 to Jesse (SVNBob), 9 to drink from the bottle instead of either glass.

• Love 1

7 to DL TMunz (CuriousParker, Jesse, stacey, Athena, egavasc, MarkHB, Machiabelly), 3 to inconceive the conceivable and demonstrate the I before E except after C rule 4 to DL TJTrack99 (TMunz, SVNBob, Drogo,Oinky Boinky,), 6 to dispute the claim that indecision is the hobgoblin of a weak mind

This is gut voting. I think someone is misrepresenting and I hope I picked correctly.

• Love 1

But that's Jessie with an ie! (Speaking of which....) So maybe that's actually about Lady Calypso, formerly jessied112?

At this rate, we're never going to get anywhere.

• Love 1

As an observation, when I ran my game, every clue I dropped for Stacey used someone who spelled that name without an "r" (which was yet another thing she was pissed at me for); a lot of the time you work with what you have.

Having said that, I'll stay with the Athena DL for now... The clues are of equal strength to me so when we see what happens with one that'll give us an idea about the other.

• Love 1

to drink from the bottle instead of either glass.

Bob you are the Queen of Metaphors (which by all indications is far better than the Queen of Slime & Putrescence.)

It does feel at this point that the TJ/TMunz DLs have been compromised and both contain the powder.  Unlike a head-jiggling friend of mine, I have not spent the past few years building an immunity to it, so pass the bottle.  

2 to DL TJTrack99 (TMunz, Oinky Boinky), 8 to dispute the claim that indecision is the hobgoblin of a weak mind

2 to DL Jesse (SVNBob, Drogo), 8 to drink from the bottle instead of either glass

I think someone is misrepresenting and I hope I picked correctly.

I also hope I'm choosing wisely.  And it's possible someone is misrepresenting but hopefully those who have played the other games with me realize that I take great pride in representing accurately, no matter how good/evil my character is/was. :) 

*FWIW, this is going to be my last vote-change for toDay.  I'm exhausted from all this thinking.

Having said that, I'll stay with the Athena DL for now... The clues are of equal strength to me so when we see what happens with one that'll give us an idea about the other.

Psst Mark, you're on the TMunz DL.  The Athena DL has come and gone.  

While I think the clues are all possible I'm inclined to think the mods wouldn't clue to someone's old name just because we do have a few new players and that wouldn't really make sense... so because I have to do something:

2 to DL TJTrack99 (TMunz, Oinky Boinky), 8 to dispute the claim that indecision is the hobgoblin of a weak mind
3 to DL Jesse (SVNBob, Drogo, Lisin), 7 because I think he said "to blave"

• Love 1

OK, how about domino mask -> Carnival -> Calypso Carnival? NB, I'm not actually trying to put this on Lady Calypso, just demonstrating how possible clues might point in any number of directions. Also, I like free association (as seen last game...)

• Love 1

Bob you are the Queen of Metaphors (which by all indications is far better than the Queen of Slime & Putrescence.)

Psst Mark, you're on the TMunz DL. The Athena DL has come and gone.

First, I think Bob gets to be the King of Metaphors.

Second, this is what happens when one posts from his phone before coffee.

• Love 1

Psst Mark, you're on the TMunz DL.  The Athena DL has come and gone.

(funniest thing ever)

I'm just a girl who can't say no. I am so lucky in my life that I never met a guy who liked to rob banks.

And like Drogo, this is the last vote change.

1 to DL TJTrack99 (TMunz, ), 9 to do something inconceivable

4 to DL Jesse (SVNBob, Drogo, Lisin, Oinky Boinky), 6 to stop the merry-go-round and let me off

Remember please, please if day ends I need protection for tonight and you won't regret it.

I be good, I be good.

• Love 1

7 to DL TMunz (CuriousParker, Jesse, stacey, Athena, egavasc, MarkHB, Machiabelly), 4 to inconceive the conceivable and demonstrate the I before E except after C rule
1 to DL TJTrack99 (TMunz, ), 9 to do something inconceivable
4 to DL Jesse (SVNBob, Drogo, Lisin, Oinky Boinky), 6 to stop the merry-go-round and let me off

You wishy washy people

• Love 1
(edited)

Well I'm about to add to the confusion.

I know that both Silver & Biz a HUGE Dr. WHo fans; therefore the Captain Grumpy clue is a good choice.  

BUT according the to the DW wiki, Captain Grumpy is the War Doctor - NOT the 9th doctor and I think our mods would be most precise when it comes to DW.

I'm new to Who so I had to do some research and this is what I found out.  The War Doctor is also called "the Renegade" by Lady Priyan.  

Styx has a song called Renegade which says "Hangman is coming down from the gallows and I don't have very long."  

That points me toward Hanged Man.

I'd still like for our investigators to check out TMunz to see if she is for real with her claims.  

6 to DL TMunz (Jesse, stacey, Athena, egavasc, MarkHB, Machiabelly), 4 to inconceive the conceivable and demonstrate the I before E except after C rule
1 to DL TJTrack99 (TMunz), 9 to do something inconceivable

1 to DL Hanged Man (CuriousParker), 9 to wait and see.

Edited by Guest
Changed "to" to "for" and added a "to" too.

7 to DL TMunz (Jesse, stacey, Athena, egavasc, MarkHB, Machiabelly, aquarian1), 4 to inconceive the conceivable and demonstrate the I before E except after C rule
1 to DL TJTrack99 (TMunz), 9 to do something inconceivable
1 to DL Hanged Man (CuriousParker), 9 to wait and see.

(I think I did that right)

• Love 1

Mod Note:

FYI, as there are active lynches happening with at least 50% of the players voting, (and as it's the weekend, a 24hr) extension will be granted. If no lynch is reached by then, Night will fall.

• Love 1

I'm not entirely convinced about the so-called "clues" on any of them, but we need to vote out somebody, and if I only voted if I was absolutely positive, I wouldn't vote on anybody. So....

8 to DL TMunz (Jesse, stacey, Athena, egavasc, MarkHB, Machiabelly, aquarian1, Spruce), 2 to storm the castle

1 to DL TJTrack99 (TMunz), 9 to get involved in a land war in Asia

4 to DL Jesse (SVNBob, Drogo, Lisin, Oinky Boinky), 6 go up against a Sicilian when death is on the line

1 to DL Hanged Man (CuriousParker), 9 to glaive

• Love 1
At this rate, we're never going to get anywhere.

I disagree, this is incredibly informative. I know for a god given fact who two heroes are including myself. I know due to ham-handed hints who two other heroes are claiming to be and there are good hints for 2 more heroes, provided they are being truthful as well. That is 6 of 19 players I trust/sort of trust, which is a great place to start. Plus we are getting lots of dialogue where people are revealing their motives.

• Love 1