Type keyword(s) to search

The Princess Bride Mafia

• Start Topic

But it's always an easy joke to make.

I hope you're not calling me easy....

As with the ROUS's... everyone back away from TJ...

Maybe it was a lease, or she was upside down on the mortgage and sold it to get out from under it. Maybe she didn't pay her property taxes. Maybe farming was too much for a single girl with a broken heart. Maybe she wanted to leave the farm and escape the memories of true love. Maybe a huge conglomerate bought the property around hers and cut her off from water and the roads. Maybe a neighboring farm was jealous of her beauty and true love and filed a complaint with the EPA that her farming was endangering the habitat of the rare spotted shrew and she was forced to cease and desist all farming activities while an investigation took place, however the investigation took so long that she couldn't financially support herself. OR maybe the farm was hers provided she was making solid gains towards matrimony and when Westley left and died, she shut her self in and mourned so the executor of the will that gave her the farm decided she was in forfeiture of the farm. Maybe it was raided by trolls; mean ones not the good ones.

Kindly move here and be my new best friend, HM.  I want to call you three times a day so you can just say shit like this. 

• Love 2
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)
Maybe outdated gender roles dictated that he be the one providing for her, rather than being her employee, even if they had enough resources for the two of them.

I actually thought of that but I was typing the EPA complaint one and had forgotten it by the time I had finished though I had it worded differently.

And if gender roles were appropriate at the time would they be outdated?

Edited by Hanged Man
  • Love 1

Maybe it was a lease, or she was upside down on the mortgage and sold it to get out from under it. Maybe she didn't pay her property taxes. Maybe farming was too much for a single girl with a broken heart. Maybe she wanted to leave the farm and escape the memories of true love. Maybe a huge conglomerate bought the property around hers and cut her off from water and the roads. Maybe a neighboring farm was jealous of her beauty and true love and filed a complaint with the EPA that her farming was endangering the habitat of the rare spotted shrew and she was forced to cease and desist all farming activities while an investigation took place, however the investigation took so long that she couldn't financially support herself. OR maybe the farm was hers provided she was making solid gains towards matrimony and when Westley left and died, she shut her self in and mourned so the executor of the will that gave her the farm decided she was in forfeiture of the farm. Maybe it was raided by trolls; mean ones not the good ones.

First, this is totally why I love you. Second, there are good trolls?

Kindly move here and be my new best friend, HM.  I want to call you three times a day so you can just say shit like this. 

I've been saying this to him for years. Maybe you should both move here, and we can laugh about stuff like this over drinks.

• Love 2
Second, there are good trolls?

What? WHAT???

*sputters incoherently*

Yes there are good trolls, The box trolls, those trolls from Frozen... other trolls that are quietly living out their lives and are valued members of society.

Not Tom Bert and Bill of course, they were dicks, but there are good trolls

• Love 4

Night 1

The Storytelling Continues…

The boy gave his grandfather a grave look, “What is this? Are you trying to trick me? Where are the sports? Is this a kissing book?” KissingBook.gif
His grandfather raised a hand, “Wait, just wait”
“Well, when does it get good?” he asked skeptically.
“Keep your shirt on, let me read”. He quickly read, “Westley had no money for marriage, so he packed his few belongings and left the farm to seek his fortune across the sea. It was a very emotional time for Buttercup.
“I don't believe this!” the boy cringed.
His grandfather continued regardless, "Westley didn't reach his destination. His ship was attacked by the Dread Pirate Roberts, who never left captives alive. When Buttercup got the news that Westley was murdered,--"
“Murdered by pirates is good....” the boy said hopefully. He relaxed a little and lay back whilst his grandfather continued to read, becoming more engrossed as Prince Humperdinck’s dastardly plan was revealed along with the tale of how Buttercup was kidnapped.

The Royal Palace…30 years earlier.

The Queen had given birth to a new Crown Prince. As her newborn bundle was placed into her arms and she gazed lovingly down as her heart filled with…disappointment. Instead of seeing his mop of black hair, his chubby cheeks and podgy little fingers all she could see were his eyes. They were devoid of emotion, as dark as death, cold and empty like a starless night. She burst into tears, which alarmed the King who rushed to her side. “What is it, what’s wrong?” he asked, worried. She said nothing of it, he wouldn’t understand he will think me a silly, foolish woman, she thought. “I’m just so happy” she lied.
Years passed, as young Humperdinck grew into a strapping lad, full of energy and curiosity. As he reached puberty his true nature was plain for all to see; he’d become shrewd and cunning, he told lies and enjoyed spreading malicious rumours, relishing the misery they caused. He’d become thick as thieves with an older boy of noble blood, Tyrone Rugen who was known for his cruel and callous nature.
"We need the Miracle Man," the Queen whispered to the King one night. She’d expected him to protest, but was surprised when her husband merely nodded.
The official royal Miracle Man was summoned early next morn. (Miracle workers had until only recently been considered no better than conmen, but after one had performed an actual miracle witnessed by a large crowd – he’d transformed a frog into a man – they’d become fashionable, all the rage even; you were nobody without your own Miracle Man these days.) Miracle Max listened to their concerns, nodding sagely whilst they spoke. He told the royal couple that he and his witch would need to treat the boy back at their hut beyond the city's Great Square, promising to return him within the week.
10 days later the King was preparing to go fetch the lad himself, when Miracle Max and his witch trudged back to the castle with Humperdinck in tow. The boy's dark head was bowed in silence.
"Well? Did you… fix him?"
Valerie reached over and gripped the Max’s hand with quiet encouragement, "I did all I could think of," he whispered. "Hexes, spell work, charms and potions, all with ingredients of the highest quality, and incantations of the most superior origins. But…" He sighed deeply, "Your boy can't be fixed with any known miracle… He is, and always will be, a monster."
The King took the Queen’s arm, but she did not need his support; she would cry no more tears.
"Get out," she hissed. The elderly couple gaped; Valerie gathered enough courage to enquire tentatively, though not without a hint of anger, if Max was to be fired.
"No," the Queen replied coldly. "Not officially. It would reflect poorly on the kingdom if we were without a royal Miracle Man. But know this!" She pulled away from her husband and stood nose to nose with the white-haired man. "You have failed us in the worst way possible, Max. And the moment my husband finds a capable replacement, be it years or decades from now, there will be no place for you in Florin. Now leave us."
She turned and began to walk away, but stumbled inelegantly; the King’s firm grasp was the only thing that kept her from falling. But she paid him no heed, for then and there, her heart broke into a thousand tiny pieces.
Because at that very moment, her son—her one and only child—had looked at her with his empty ice-black eyes, and smirked.

At An Isolated Forest Dock…

“Why are we starting a war between Florin and Guilder?” Inigo asked Vizzini.
Fezzik interjected, “Who's Guilder?”
Vizzini sighed impatiently, “The country across the sea, the sworn enemy of Florin.” He explained as he attached a piece of fabric with Guilder’s colours to a horse’s saddle, then he slapped the horse’s rump. He continued to explain as he boarded the boat. “Once the horse reaches the castle, the fabric will make the Prince suspect the Guilderians have abducted his love. When he finds her body dead on the Guilder frontier, his suspicions will be totally confirmed.”
“You never said anything about killing anyone.” Fezzik grumbled.
“I've hired you to help me start a war. It's a prestigious line of work, with a long and glorious tradition.” Vizzini snapped.
"I just don't think it's right, killing an innocent girl.” Fezzik protested.
A look of complete consternation crossed Vizzini’s face, “Am I going mad, or did the word "THINK" escape your lips? YOU WERE NOT HIRED FOR YOUR BRAINS, YOU HIPPOPOTAMIC LAND MASS!” he yelled.
“I agree with Fezzik.” Inigo added.
Rounding on him Vizzini spat, “OH! The SOT has spoken! What happens to her is not truly your concern. I will kill her! And remember this, NEVER forget this: when I found you, you were so slobbering drunk, YOU COULDN'T BUY BRANDY!”
He turned his ire back to the giant, “AND YOU! Friendless, brainless, helpless, hopeless!

DO YOU WANT ME TO SEND YOU BACK TO WHERE YOU WERE? UNEMPLOYED? IN GREENLAND?70145-princess-bride-unemployed-in-G-Qk4
Neither replied, they merely shrugged sheepishly as Vizzini, having vented his spleen, strutted away.
Looking at his friend, Inigo offered, “Vizzini, he can... fuss.”
Fezzik instantly replied, “Fuss, fuss... I think he like to scream... at us.”
“Probably he means no... harm.”
“He's really very short on... charm!”
“Ah, You have a great gift for rhyme.” Inigo told his gigantic friend.
Enjoying the camaraderie Fezzik continued, “Yes, yes, some of the time.”
Vizzini, whose patience had long since evaporated with this game, yelled, “Enough of that!”
Ignoring captain grumpy Inigo asked, “Fezzik, are there rocks ahead?”
Fezzik responded, “If there are, we'll all be dead!”
A voice came from behind them, “No more rhymes now, I mean it!”
Fezzik unable to resist one final rhyme retorted, “Anybody want a peanut?”

Still Living Happily Ever After:

1. Oinky Boinky
2. Athena
3. Machiabelly
4. Lisin
5. The Crazed Spruce
6. stacey
7. Jesse
8. Drogo
9. Lady Calypso
10. TJtrack99
11. MarkHB
12. caprice
13. Hanged Man
14. SVNBob
15. Dougal
16. aquarian1
17. egavasc
18. CuriousParker
19. Tmunz

The Mostly ALL Dead:

There is one clue in the story.

You have 24hrs to get your night actions in. In the meantime, don’t get too drunk, you need your wits sharp!

N.B. All non-ptv related site links are clicked at your own risk.

• Love 1

What? WHAT???

*sputters incoherently*

Yes there are good trolls, The box trolls, those trolls from Frozen... other trolls that are quietly living out their lives and are valued members of society.

Not Tom Bert and Bill of course, they were dicks, but there are good trolls

I see. So, trolls have been largely maligned by the likes of the Brothers Grimm. Interesting.

• Love 1

I've been saying this to him for years. Maybe you should both move here, and we can laugh about stuff like this over drinks.

Well need to buy a farm and hang and chill and drink and say "As you wish"

• Love 2

I actually thought of that but I was typing the EPA complaint one and had forgotten it by the time I had finished though I had it worded differently.

And if gender roles were appropriate at the time would they be outdated?

I'd say they were never appropriate? Who cares where the money comes from? If the two of them can live on the farm together happily, why not?

• Love 1

Well need to buy a farm and hang and chill and drink and say "As you wish"

Don't I have to go off and find my fortune first?  I'm so unprepared.

I hope you're not calling me easy....

Never!

If Buttercup had a farm that she apparently lived on by herself, and she and Westley were clearly not starving, why did he need to go off on a sea voyage to find his fortune?  Does anyone know, because I sure as hell didn't.

I just figured, if they were going to get married, that weddings are expensive. Plus it's a True Love wedding rather than drunkenly eloping in Vegas, and those are even fancier.

• Love 2

Never!

I just figured, if they were going to get married, that weddings are expensive. Plus it's a True Love wedding rather than drunkenly eloping in Vegas, and those are even fancier.

Good!!

Well, even if they were eloping to Vegas, they're in Florin. They are going to need passports, maybe even travel visas, then all the necessary vaccinations. That's all before we get into they book passage on a ship, get Dread Pirate Roberts insurance (which will probably run a pretty penny), book passage on whatever mode of transport runs from the coast to Vegas and inns along the way.

• Love 3

Tons.  Here are a few:

original+trolls.jpg

Please stop posting pictures of naked trolls.  This is a family site and .... nevermind.  I can't keep a straight face.

Who cares where the money comes from? If the two of them can live on the farm together happily, why not?

Maybe Westley is ambitious, maybe Westley is all "My Buttercup is not going to want for anything, my Buttercup will have every luxury money can afford, when my Buttercup snaps her fingers, a dozen, no... a score of servants are going to leap to do her bidding. My Buttercup (has the sweeeetest smiiile) deserves the best there is for as long as she lives and I am going to go make the money to make that happen."

Maybe it's an ego thing, there is a lot of societal pressure on men to handle their business and to take care of their wimmin folk.

Please stop posting pictures of naked trolls.  This is a family site and .... nevermind.  I can't keep a straight face.

Those trolls are in great shape and their skin is flawless. 

They are in serious need of conditioner and have no genitalia. I have never understood why they smile like that....

• Love 1

Or maybe Buttercup needed more than Twu Wuv.   Maybe she demanded a large house and fancy horses with heated seats. 

And Westley was like "Why do you build me up, Buttercup baby, just to let me down and mess me around?" 

They are in serious need of conditioner and have no genitalia.

I'm going to assume this is a cheap shot at me... since in my first Mafia game I was a bald eunuch. 

• Love 3

I'm going to assume this is a cheap shot at me... since in my first Mafia game I was a bald eunuch. 

You were? Really? I suppose if I'd read the books, or watched the show, I'd know that.

• Love 2

If Buttercup had a farm that she apparently lived on by herself, and she and Westley were clearly not starving, why did he need to go off on a sea voyage to find his fortune?  Does anyone know, because I sure as hell didn't.

To apologetically be THAT person, in the book Buttercup still lives with her parents and Westley is their hired hand. She's doing relatively okay as the daughter of a farmer who can afford additional help, but she had aspirations of marrying better than a mere hired hand. And of course dear Westley wants to give her the world because he is the best! But yeah, lives with parents not by herself. Again the book is really quite clever and totally worth a read!  </apologetic pedantic explanation> 

• Love 4

Sorry I haven't been posting the last few days.  I've been exhausted.  There was a huge youth soccer tournament here in town this past weekend, so from Thursday through Sunday, the hotel I work at was packed full, often three or four to a room, of young people who'd just hit the legal drinking age and were out of town unsupervised for the first time.  Yeah.  (At one point, at about 4 in the morning, they were all partying in one of the second-floor hallways.  I went up (on bad knees, mind you) and drove them out, stopped long enough to watch them all go back to their rooms, and in the minute it took me to go back to the front desk and check the security camera, they were all back in the hallway again.)

That kinda dovetailed Monday into a major international trade conference involving North Atlantic salmon stocks that our hotel is hosting.  They're a much better crowd than the soccer players, but the turnover left me with a metric ton of paperwork to pour through.

And even though I've only got one night off this week, and the conferenceers are here 'til at least Thursday, everything's basically settled down, so I should be able to make more of a presence here now.

• Love 5

Sorry I haven't been posting the last few days.  I've been exhausted.  There was a huge youth soccer tournament here in town this past weekend, so from Thursday through Sunday, the hotel I work at was packed full, often three or four to a room, of young people who'd just hit the legal drinking age and were out of town unsupervised for the first time.  Yeah.  (At one point, at about 4 in the morning, they were all partying in one of the second-floor hallways.  I went up (on bad knees, mind you) and drove them out, stopped long enough to watch them all go back to their rooms, and in the minute it took me to go back to the front desk and check the security camera, they were all back in the hallway again.)

Sounds like the last hotel I was in with 100 of my best friends. The manager was in the stairwell at 4 AM saying everyone get back to their rooms or he was calling police. We are old enough to be those boys parents and grandparents.

What city are you in? If you have ever had the Hash House Harriers in your hotel - you know us. There were 700 of us running around DC for that trip.

• Love 1

TPB Mafia Mod Announcement

We are granting a small extension because we know RL gets in the way sometimes but FYI officially night will end at 12:00 pm Central today (Thursday) ... if night actions are not received by then, we will begin work on the Day 2 story at that time and those who miss the deadline will miss their chance.

#yousnoozeyoulose

• Love 3

photo, thanks sweetie! You can join us for drinks instead of being the bartender if you want. We have the House Elves here for bar and cleaning duties. :)

Ooh, speaking of bartenders, I was at the local pub last night and had a yummy rum cocktail that a gal made up on the fly.

• Love 2

photo, thanks sweetie! You can join us for drinks instead of being the bartender if you want. We have the House Elves here for bar and cleaning duties. :)

Ooh, speaking of bartenders, I was at the local pub last night and had a yummy rum cocktail that a gal made up on the fly.

(FROWNS) - You should sign up for S.P.E.W.!

Yes, by long-standing tradition these are fully unionized House Elves with health benefits and paid vacation.

And, on the subject of misbehaving hotel guests, while I was a perfect angel at all times, I will admit to having been in attendance at the Boskone from Hell.

• Love 2

Day 2

Ship Ahoy?
Feeling smug with his own genius Vizzini sat congratulating himself on another plan going exactly as he’d…planned. His reverie was disturbed by Inigo who seemed restless; frequently turning his head to look behind them into the darkness.
“We'll reach the cliffs by dawn. Why are you doing that?” Vizzini asked perplexed.
“I’m making sure nobody's followed us.”
“That would be inconceivable.”
Witnessing this exchange Buttercup piped up, “Despite what you think, you will be caught. And when you are, the prince will see you all hanged.”
Vizzini mockingly retorted, “Of all the necks on this boat, Highness, the one you should be worrying about is your own.” “Stop doing that! We can all relax, it's almost over.” He snapped at Inigo who was looking back again.
“You are sure nobody's follow us?” Inigo asked.
“As I told you, it would be absolutely, totally, and in all other ways, inconceivable. No one in Guilder knows what we've done, and no one in Florin could've gotten here so fast.” He paused. “Out of curiosity, why do you ask?”
“Oh, it's nothing, suddenly, I just happen to look behind us and something is there.”
“What?” Vizzini rose to look for himself at this, “Probably some local fisherman out for a pleasure cruise at night... through eel infested waters.” he said, trying to convince himself.
Suddenly there was a big ‘SPLASH’, Buttercup had dived overboard, and had begun to swim away.
Vizzini panicked, “Wha-wh- Go in! Get after her!”
Inigo shrugged “I don't swim.”
“I only dog paddle.” said Fezzik.
Suddenly Fezzik pointed, as a loud wailing sound was heard.
Vizzini called to Buttercup, “Do you know what that sound is, Highness? Those are the shrieking eels. If you don't believe me, just wait! They always grow louder when they're about to feed on human flesh.” An eel swam by her. “If you swim back now, I promise, no harm will come to you. I doubt you'll get such an offer from the eels.” At that moment an eel began to charge at her.

6024649b-0c86-478b-9a19-4a37aeb29de3.gif

Meanwhile, Back In The Boy's bedroom
“She doesn't get eaten by the eels at this time.”
“What?”
“The eel doesn't get her. I'm explaining to you because you look nervous.”
“I wasn't nervous,” replied the boy defensively.
His grandfather tilted his head in an ‘Oh really’ kinda way.
“Well, maybe I was a little bit concerned, but that's not the same thing.”
“Because we can stop now if you want.”
“No, you could read a little bit more, if you want.”
Just then mom opened the door and walked into the room, “Your father and I were thinking maybe it would do you good to go to camp, get some outdoor life and fresh air, what do you think?” she asked.
“No way! I hate outdoor stuff, I just want to stay here and play on my video games…please” he pleaded.
Mom stood considering him for a moment, unsure.
Sensing her indecision, the boy added, “I promise when I’m better I will spend an hour outside everyday”.
“Ok then, but I will make sure you keep that promise, otherwise we will have this talk again” she warned.
“I will” he smiled at her.

True Love’s Champion
Once, a long time ago, there was a young woman. A simple yet astounding beauty was hers; hair as soft as silk and eyes brighter than the full moon at night. She was well aware of her own beauty and often flaunted it around her small village, leaving the men to trail in her wake. Oh the men. To gain one was effortless, for her at least.
She knew she had better prospects ahead of her and knew she had to find where her future lay.
To do that, one might have to travel miles and miles until they found the place that felt right. However, the young woman didn’t want to do that. Instead, she decided to go to the nearest fortune teller, who lived in the next village.
Unfortunately for her, luck wasn’t on her side; for upon entering the village she discovered the teller was leaving and would be gone for a few weeks. The teller had no time to help the young woman, and left in quick succession.
Obviously, this left the young woman in something of a quandary. She didn’t want to return to her home village, but on the other hand, she didn’t want to leave this one until she’d had her fortune told. Undeterred, she decided to make a home there for the upcoming weeks of sitting still.
During the wait, she met a young man. Not much younger than she, a few months at most, yet he was still so naïve and stubborn with it. He wouldn’t wait on her hand and foot, and certainly didn’t fawn over her like other men did.
Of course, for this very reason, she decided she wanted him more than she ever had anyone else. During the weeks that followed she did everything possible to snare him, and they fell in love in the process.
The young woman had never felt happier than when she was by his side, even when men would look at her desirously. She paid no mind to them anymore, she had at last, found her true love.
By and by the teller returned and the young woman couldn’t help herself, she had to know for sure. The answer she got wasn’t the one she hoped for and she left the hut feeling anything but calm. Sloppy and shoddy fortunetelling that was, she thought to herself. I have to go to the Kingdom of Florin, and to find my place there means I have to leave Guilder.
She wouldn’t do it, it was as simple as that, but by the time she arrived home she knew she couldn’t ignore her destiny; she had no choice. Her love begged her not to leave, he was a soldier in the Guilderian army and could never move to Florin. He told her that if she left, he wouldn’t go on without her.
After much begging and crying, she left alone, bereft, and soon arrived in Florin, heartbroken. Immediately she felt it, she knew it. She’d made a mistake, she wasn’t destined to find true love ever again. Yet she knew the signs and knew how it felt. She was cursed to see it but never to have it. Her destiny now lay in helping another not to make the same mistake she had; if you find true love, never let it slip away. Decades passed and she grew old and haggard, she was the only woman who was both cursed and blessed by true love at the same time; girls would take their young gentlemen to see her, hoping she would confirm their love was true, for she would boo and hiss at them if they were false in their declarations. The locals sometimes referred to her as ‘True Love’s Champion’ but more often than not she was simply called the Ancient Boo-er.

Still Living Happily Ever After:

1. Oinky Boinky
2. Athena
3. Machiabelly
4. Lisin
5. The Crazed Spruce
6. stacey
7. Jesse
8. Drogo
9. Lady Calypso
10. TJtrack99
11. MarkHB
12. caprice
13. Hanged Man
14. SVNBob
15. Dougal
16. aquarian1
17. egavasc
18. CuriousParker
19. Tmunz

The Mostly ALL Dead:

There is one clue in the story.

Night will fall at 4pm central on Saturday, however, if we have a tied lynch, we will grant an additional 24 hours.

• Love 1
(edited)

N1:      Looking at his friend, Inigo offered, “Vizzini, he can... fuss.”

Fezzik instantly replied, “Fuss, fuss... I think he like to scream... at us.”

“Probably he means no... harm.”

“He's really very short on... charm!”

“Ah, You have a great gift for rhyme.” Inigo told his gigantic friend.

Enjoying the camaraderie Fezzik continued, “Yes, yes, some of the time.”

Vizzini, whose patience had long since evaporated with this game, yelled, “Enough of that!”

Ignoring captain grumpy Inigo asked, “Fezzik, are there rocks ahead?”

Fezzik responded, “If there are, we'll all be dead!”

Something about "captain grumpy" is weird but I haven't been able to get anywhere definitive with it.  Google comes back with a decent lead - Allan Border - a former captain for many years of the Australian national cricket team, nicknamed AB and Captain Grumpy.  I just can't connect it to anyone, and I don't want to reach too far.   

N1:    Vizzini, whose patience had long since evaporated with this game, yelled, “Enough of that!”

D1:    She buried herself in her room; never eating, never sleeping, as her life slowly ebbed away

Bolded: two water-related words that have been used in context not related to actual water.  Could be pointing in the direction of someone with an aquatic name.  

ETA:  I don't really love either of these, but want to put it out there in case someone less brainless than me can pull something out of them.  I'm going to look for (evil) anagrams a little later after I've had a beer or two..  

Edited by Drogo

To add to possible language clues...

'the teller had no time to help the young woman and left in quick succession'

(a singular noun leaving in a plural fashion)

'upcoming weeks of sitting still'

(she is waiting but no one said she would be waiting in immobility and also she moved enough to attract a new lover)

'younger than she but still so naive and stubborn with it'

(with it is wrong)

got it got it got it

The clue is 'still'

can we add that to Rum and BRANDY and make something of it?

(used full editor and couldn't get the stills in bold)

'younger than she but still so naive and stubborn with it'

'still' is redundant

'upcoming weeks of sitting still'

'still' is redundant

• Love 1

'the teller had no time to help the young woman and left in quick succession'

(a singular noun leaving in a plural fashion)

♪REE-OO, REE-OO♪  Grammar police lights are flashin-- 

but Drogo didn't do so well in those classes so he's in no position criticize the Mods' verb selections. Sorry Oinky you're on your own with those.  ;) 

• Love 1
(edited)

Googling it myself, the first result is a quote from Doctor Who

CLARA: “But you’re number eleven, so -”
THE DOCTOR: “Are we forgetting Captain Grumpy? I didn’t call myself the Doctor during the Time War, but it was still a regeneration.”

Eleven is referring to the War Doctor who is the ninth regeneration of Doctor Who.

Edited by TMunz
  • Love 1

Never mind that nonsense I said before-  I'm less brainless than I gave myself credit for.  

I do believe we've got you, Lady Athena. ;) 

they’d become fashionable, all the rage even   (Hera= wife of Zeus/Athena's father)

Oh the men.

To gain one was effortless, for her at least.     (Toga= traditional Greek goddess fashion statement)

12375621641995079779warszawianka_Athena.                                 Toga-Party-Animal-House.jpg

1 to DL Athena (Drogo), 9 to RSVP "Yes" to the Toga Party

Not again. Drogo, I did you a favour last night and this is how you repay me?

I survived being fired. I'll live on. I'm a hero who can help. I'm a multi-talented and not valued. *sobs*

• Love 1

What would "still" even point to, though? "stationary" = stacey seems like (more than) a bit of a reach.  And if it's taken as an alcohol reference, who would that be?

The "Hera / toga" (isn't that a racetrack?) clues sound interesting,but I'll need to go back and dig through the other stories to see what else I can find.

• Love 2