Type keyword(s) to search

The Princess Bride Mafia

• Start Topic

What does being RB'd mean?

Ah Roleblocked Got it.

As a Roleblocker, you must choose one player each Night to block from performing his or her night actions; you may not choose the same person on 2 consecutive nights.

Edited by Hanged Man
  • Love 3
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Realizing that I based almost my entire game off protecting SVNBob N1 and Fezzik saving Buttercup from the eel, but I didn't actually protect anyone because they didn't try to kill Buttercup N1.  Worked out anyway, but I'm a nimbus. 

I'm pretty sure we got zero of those clues, right?

• Love 1

We were jumping on every number imaginable thinking it was a Doctor Who reference, IIRC.  I can guarantee we didn't get the anagrams or the Lisinopril reference.

Any volunteers to run the next one?

• Love 2

I finally watched The Princess Bride last night.  Unfortunately, I kept getting interrupted so I saw it in pieces. It was... okay.  I don't know if it was because the game we just finished spoiled me on a couple of plot points (the Man in Black = Westley reveal and the succession of Dread Pirate Roberts in particular), or because I wasn't expecting the lines I have heard quoted so often to be delivered in such an understated way (I almost missed "I don't believe it means what you think it means"), or what.  I enjoyed it, but it's not like Holy Grail on my "I want to see it again and again" list.

• Love 1

I don't know.  The person who lent me the movie suggested it's because I don't have any nostalgia for it, not having seen it when I was younger.  I really enjoyed certain parts, like Billy Crystal and Carol Kane, or the sword fight between Westley and Inigo that went on ridiculously long. But it didn't bowl me over the way I expected to be by a movie that is so widely quoted.

• Love 4

I don't know.  The person who lent me the movie suggested it's because I don't have any nostalgia for it, not having seen it when I was younger.  I really enjoyed certain parts, like Billy Crystal and Carol Kane, or the sword fight between Westley and Inigo that went on ridiculously long. But it didn't bowl me over the way I expected to be by a movie that is so widely quoted.

I get it. I've seen other movies that people rave about and come away wondering, "Why?"

In a separate note, my favorite quote wasn't able to be used in this game.

• Love 3

What's your favorite quote?

Knowing what you know of me, I'm pretty sure you can guess it. ;)

It couldn't be used because Game Westley died before he could rescue Buttercup. Clearly, nobody here had any fun storming the castle!

• Love 2

HM:  "There's a shortage of perfect

I'm not going to finish the sentence, I know why you clicked here, get your mind out of the gutter- I'm a gentleman

in this world..."

Andddd with that quote, we have the one area where Westley and I disagree completely.  Old boy's still 'mostly dead' in the most important way. 

• Love 2