Type keyword(s) to search

The Princess Bride Mafia

• Start Topic

Wow - no way would I declare myself to be a 'very important' hero this early in the game. It puts a huge target on your back.

Maybe it's a bluff and he is a kamikaze character.

Or a doublebluff and he is counting on the villains being bluffed into thinking he is a kamikaze

Or maybe he is a villain and it doesn't matter what he says since the villains arent going to come after him

Or maybe it's the truth and he is just messing with everybody

• Love 2
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have to say, I hope the Grandfather and Grandson are NOT characters, as I don't want to think about what will happen to the story if one of them dies...

I had another thought (brace yourselves)

In games where there is a princess, a beloved princess (and who could be more beloved than our Buttercup?)if she is killed the town may be forced into mourning. Anywhere from 1 to 3 days with no town abilities.

Now as some of you want to cheerfully march to the end of a useless no lynch day think about the addition of days with no ability to DL.

I would like more discussion of SVNBob and his declaration of importance + dire warning.

That should be day 8 on his deathbed talk, not his first post, first day.

Inexperience or guile?

• Love 1

I had another thought (brace yourselves)

In games where there is a princess, a beloved princess (and who could be more beloved than our Buttercup?)if she is killed the town may be forced into mourning. Anywhere from 1 to 3 days with no town abilities.

Now as some of you want to cheerfully march to the end of a useless no lynch day think about the addition of days with no ability to DL.

I would like more discussion of SVNBob and his declaration of importance + dire warning.

That should be day 8 on his deathbed talk, not his first post, first day.

Inexperience or guile?

Or, knowing his RL schedule, he's taking advantage of what might be his only opportunity to come in and defend himself.

In reference to your other thought, it's an interesting idea, but I don't see "1 to 3 days of no town abilities" working here. If there were no option to lynch for a period of time, there would be no reason for discussion and the thread would dwindle to nothing but drinking and popping in to see what the villains did each night.

After re-reading the story, I still haven't seen anything, although I do like the facial gymnastics you pointed out before.

• Love 1

Yeah, same here. I think on the first day, it's always a bit tricky to find a good clue that you can go off of, because anything can be a clue. So nothing has really popped out, but I'll keep looking. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm not particularly attached to any of the clues that have come up, and since I'm an actual hero this game I'm less inclined to shoot blind.  

1 to No DL (Drogo), 9 to read bedtime stories to Fred Savage

Edited by Drogo

I don't see us making much headway, I haven't seen any respectable clues or heard any particularly swaying arguments.

2 to No DL (Drogo), (Hanged Man) 8 to ride off into the sunset happy and innocent

• Love 1

I'm not particularly attached to any of the clues that have come up, and since I'm an actual hero this game I'm less inclined to shoot blind. 

This is something from the last game that I wanted to address, which I can now that I'm not modding. Day 1 is actually statistically the least likely day you'd hit a Villain shooting blind, assuming the Villains would only Night attack Heroes and not other Villains (which...I feel comfortable assuming). And since I am in fact a Hero:

3 to No DL (Drogo, Hanged ManTJtrack99), 7 to use "a battle of wits" as an excuse to drink more wine

• Love 1

Adding Bob per his earlier post: 

4 to No DL (Drogo, Hanged Man, TJtrack99, SVNBob), 6 to use "a battle of wits" as an excuse to drink more wine

to break up the testosterone here

When creating that character list for TPB I was thinking the same thing.  Damn, I never realized it before but the movie's a total kielbasa party.  

• Love 1

When creating that character list for TPB I was thinking the same thing.  Damn, I never realized it before but the movie's a total kielbasa party.  

L O L!! You have NO idea how close I came to calling it that!

• Love 1

In reference to your other thought, it's an interesting idea, but I don't see "1 to 3 days of no town abilities" working here. If there were no option to lynch for a period of time, there would be no reason for discussion and the thread would dwindle to nothing but drinking and popping in to see what the villains did each night.

Sort of like day 1. Correct?

This is a thing, it is a possibility that it is in this game. It's seen as a penalty to not allow the town to vote - or as I said - what you all call day 1.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Beloved_Princess

• Love 1

Sort of like day 1. Correct?

This is a thing, it is a possibility that it is in this game. It's seen as a penalty to not allow the town to vote - or as I said - what you all call day 1.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Beloved_Princess

Interesting.  So if we DL the princess we lose our next Day and go straight to another Night.  Luckily this site says it's seldom used, so I hope it's not in play here.

Oinky I'd love to hear your thoughts on how toDay should go.  Seems like you're itching to not have a No-Lynch but Day ends tomorrow AM and only a quarter of us have voted.  

Anyone holding onto something good?  

Sort of like day 1. Correct?This is a thing, it is a possibility that it is in this game. It's seen as a penalty to not allow the town to vote - or as I said - what you all call day 1.http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Beloved_Princess

Except there actually was some discussion over the last 36 hours. Some of us are picking things up toDay, so no, Day One isn't a complete loss.

I'm sorry, if I'm told that, "Hey, y'all killed the Princess, so no Day actions for the next two Days," there's no reason to come to the thread at all.

• Love 1

6 to No DL (Drogo, Hanged Man, TJtrack99, SVNBob, caprice, Athena), 4 to siege the castle.

7 to NO DL (Drogo, Hanged Man, Tjtrack99, SVNBob, caprice, Athena, Machiabelly) 3 to form a brute squad.

By the way, as suspicous as claiming to be a major hero on day 1 is, it is equally as telling to me to say that if they live they must be a villain, as all they would have to do is kill someone else and cast suspision. 

• Love 1

You immediately go to another night when the beloved is killed.

How I like to see day one proceed is discussion of the story and clues.

Discussion with each other. Try to rattle someone and see what happens ie what SVNBob said was huge.

And while you are asking I like to see a DL at the end of day one. For those who want to give odds on a hero being DL'd we know the odds of no villain being killed are 100% with no DL.

Do you not agree when you are the villain you absolutely love the no DL day?

For day one non contributors are good for DL - they are not helping and the odds are the same re hero or no. Currently it is really easy to lay low in this game and get a by into the heart of the game.

And if you are not getting the clue on Day 1, pretty sure you are not getting the clue on Day 2 but that is the day you will choose to DL someone. I don't see the difference in Day 1 DL and Day 2 DL or it is miniscule.

I'm not going to argue this point anymore- the villains will be happy with a no DL.

I won't vote for it.

I am going to go back and read for clues. It would be nice to hear from anyone who hasn't posted yet.

• Love 1

And while you are asking I like to see a DL at the end of day one. For those who want to give odds on a hero being DL'd we know the odds of no villain being killed are 100% with no DL.

Do you not agree when you are the villain you absolutely love the no DL day?

(I think this Q is for me, right?)

When I was a Recruitable, I preferred a Day 1 DL because maybe we kill a villain, maybe a hero, whatever.  

When I was a Villain, I preferred a Day 1 DL, because I knew who my friends were, it was easy to join forces to encourage or direct suspicion at someone and YAY dead Hero.  

Now I feel differently.  I am protective over my allies, and really not willing to take a chance with their lives.  

Just want to say the following - Oinky was equally as aggressive about a D1-DL in the last game and she was a Hero (Buffy.)   So just want you to know I'm not casting any side-eye at you OB for trying for a DL, but I'm just not personally comfortable with it.  

• Love 1

By the way, as suspicous as claiming to be a major hero on day 1 is, it is equally as telling to me to say that if they live they must be a villain, as all they would have to do is kill someone else and cast suspision.

I meant of course announcing you have an important hero role is suicidal and the main way to be alive the next day is that your buddies don't NK you.
The NK are random and just hoping to make an important game changing hit.
Now if I was villainous it would also be an idea to save the NK and hope the town DLs him tomorrow because they believe his villainous buddies saved him.
  • Love 1

Have we had one of those with a four-word gap? I'm a little skeptical....

I don't see anything convincing, and I'm really pretty skeptical of the day-one random DL. I went for it last time because I was a villain and there was a good fake clue (sorry CP); as a hero, it really just doesn't make sense to me.

• Love 1

Have we had one of those with a four-word gap? I'm a little skeptical.

Me, too.  Trying to find word/letter clues isn't my thing, and I went through the story 3x with the player list in front of me... that was the closest I got.    

Don't want someone to get lynched because we're trying so hard to find a clue.  I'm not budging from No DL for toDay.

(edited)

However, a nasty little idea slowly began to take root in his wicked mind.

Well spotted, Drogo! I went back and looked at SS's clue style in the GoT round and they were anagram-type, but with the addition of Biz, the form could have changed slightly so as not to be predictable. I'm going for it.

7 to NO DL (Drogo, Hanged Man, Tjtrack99, SVNBob, caprice, Athena, Machiabelly) 3 to form a brute squad.

1 Lisin (TMunz) 9 to start a land war in Asia

Edited by TMunz
  • Love 1

Wow! I go away for a few hours and TMunz starts a DL against me based on a very tenuous non-clue! 3 letters separated by 4 words! Come on. I'm a hero folks! I was just re-reading and the phrase "So we take some common girl. No known face, no known name." popped out to me probably because of the prior Billy Idol discussion... either way I'm hesitant to point any fingers just yet so:

8 to NO DL (Drogo, Hanged Man, Tjtrack99, SVNBob, caprice, Athena, Machiabelly, Lisin) 2 to do as I wish.

• Love 1

I'm here, finally!  Forgive me, I have read but either missed or forgot.  Does no DL mean no Lynching?

ETA: Also having connectivity issues, so my posts are taking several minutes to go through, hope nothing new was posted while typing.

• Love 1

Well, you guys know me and my preference for no lynching on the first day:

9 to NO DL (Drogo, Hanged Man, Tjtrack99, SVNBob, caprice, Athena, Machiabelly, Lisin, Lady Calypso) 1 being INCONCEIVABLE. 

(...I'm still learning the best lines to TPB. I'll get some better lines to end the lynches, I swear)

• Love 1

10 to NO DL (Drogo, Hanged Man, Tjtrack99, SVNBob, caprice, Athena, Machiabelly, Lisin, Lady Calypso, Aquarian1), 0 to do as we wish

1 Lisin (TMunz) 9 to start a land war in Asia

TPB Mafia Mod Announcement:

That's it!  Day 1 is done ... start drinking ... night will officially start when the story is up (please hold off on Night actions until night is official) ... night will start sometime on Wednesday, until then have fun!  

• Love 2

Nothing like a jello shot first thing in the morning! That sounds about right today...

I have to say, I am so impressed by all the mods in this game -- I could no more come up with all of these stories and write them so well!

• Love 1

Woot! Jell-O shots! Body shots!

Ooh, I'm mixing up some mudslides!

I feel like when the bartender says "As you wish" he's really saying he loves me. 

Pretty sure caprice is all lady ;)

Job interview today...please send me positive thoughts in 2 hours...

• Love 4
(edited)

Pretty sure caprice is all lady ;)

Job interview today...please send me positive thoughts in 2 hours...

Ooh, lots and LOTS of good thoughts heading your way, TJ. Knock their socks off!!

Thank you for the confirmation on my femininity. I'm pretty sure Drogo was talking about a metaphorical bartender. Since we've been PTV friends for a while, he's aware. ;)

I feel like when the bartender says "As you wish" he's really saying he loves me. 

Has Khaleesi started quoting the movie yet, or is one viewing too soon?

ETA: Nothing at all to do with the game. Athena, I want to commend you for the job you're doing over in the Outlander forums. I've not watched all of the finale, although I finished the book a few days before it aired. I don't want to get into that can of worms here except to say that, from what I've seen in the forums, it's not an easy job to keep people calm over there and your reminders have been excellent. I'm hoping to post soon.

Edited by caprice
  • Love 2

TJ, when they go for a handshake at the end of the interview:  turn the hand over and kiss it like a fine British gentleman.  This will ensure that they remember you.

***Don't really do it... it's one of the classic blunders! 

no_hand_kissing.png

I was indeed speaking of the metaphorical bartender we have every game.. by now I know better than to give caprice orders. 

The Khaleesi doesn't have a lot of TPB recall yet, but we've had a few MNIIMYKMFPTD's and the other day she did a Humperdink!Humperdink!Humperdink! out of nowhere.  Actually, she asked me a good question... If Buttercup had a farm that she apparently lived on by herself, and she and Westley were clearly not starving, why did he need to go off on a sea voyage to find his fortune?  Does anyone know, because I sure as hell didn't.

• Love 1

I was indeed speaking of the metaphorical bartender we have every game.. by now I know better than to give caprice orders. 

I figured. But it's always an easy joke to make. Plus, as stacey can attest to, there were some very...interesting anagrams you could do with "evil caprice"...

• Love 2
ETA: Nothing at all to do with the game. Athena, I want to commend you for the job you're doing over in the Outlander forums. I've not watched all of the finale, although I finished the book a few days before it aired. I don't want to get into that can of worms here except to say that, from what I've seen in the forums, it's not an easy job to keep people calm over there and your reminders have been excellent. I'm hoping to post soon.

Aww. Thank you! It really means a lot because it's been an intense couple weeks for the show. I'll be looking forward to your post. :)

Cheers, caprice!

I'll have a mint julep, bartender!

• Love 2

Actually, she asked me a good question... If Buttercup had a farm that she apparently lived on by herself, and she and Westley were clearly not starving, why did he need to go off on a sea voyage to find his fortune?  Does anyone know, because I sure as hell didn't.

Maybe it was a lease, or she was upside down on the mortgage and sold it to get out from under it. Maybe she didn't pay her property taxes. Maybe farming was too much for a single girl with a broken heart. Maybe she wanted to leave the farm and escape the memories of true love. Maybe a huge conglomerate bought the property around hers and cut her off from water and the roads. Maybe a neighboring farm was jealous of her beauty and true love and filed a complaint with the EPA that her farming was endangering the habitat of the rare spotted shrew and she was forced to cease and desist all farming activities while an investigation took place, however the investigation took so long that she couldn't financially support herself. OR maybe the farm was hers provided she was making solid gains towards matrimony and when Westley left and died, she shut her self in and mourned so the executor of the will that gave her the farm decided she was in forfeiture of the farm. Maybe it was raided by trolls; mean ones not the good ones.

• Love 3

Maybe outdated gender roles dictated that he be the one providing for her, rather than being her employee, even if they had enough resources for the two of them. 

• Love 3