Type keyword(s) to search

Futurama Mafia

• Start Topic

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, is this going to be the longest game of Mafia ever??

I'm starting to think we should give up on the Biz DL. Of course, at the same time, I'm still thinking, "But this could be the time it works!!" but that is why I lose money in Las Vegas.  Despite what seemed to be a pretty clear clue, Crazed Spruce comes up hero in my investigations. So maybe go for Mark this time??

Maybe we should just have a locked separate topic to keep past game info in? And just current game and future game info in the pinned topic?

Good idea! It let me split the post out, but not edit it down.

In terms of the actual game (sorry about that interlude):

Building off what Bob said yesterDay and we didn't pay enough attention to, to recap:

• D4 we DL Biz, to no apparent effect
  • D5 we DL Mark, to no apparent effect
  • D6 we DL MMCS, succesfully
  • D7 we DL Biz, killing Agnew
  • D8 we DL Biz, to no apparent effect
So, it seems like this is the most likely situation:
  • D4 Biz is protected from our DL
  • D5 Mark is protected from our DL
  • D6 Biz is protected, letting us DL MMCS
  • D7 Mark is protected, letting us eat up Biz's apparent first life
  • D8 Biz is protected
In which case, probably Mark is protected and we should absolutely go for Biz toDay.

Cool! I'm guessing that the issue became the sheer number of links, so if going forward, it's just one game per post, that will make it more manageable.

Back to Game talk....

I'm lost, guys. I will probably join a Biz DL, but I'm feeling dejected, and kind of down in the dumps at the moment. /end Game Talk.

In terms of the actual game (sorry about that interlude):

Building off what Bob said yesterDay and we didn't pay enough attention to, to recap:

• D8 Biz is protected

In which case, probably Mark is protected and we should absolutely go for Biz toDay.

That is exactly what I meant, Dougal.  Which is why I would have preferred to go for Mark yesterDay.  And I agree that we should go for Biz toDay.  So count me in on that if the speed voting starts up again.

So, is this going to be the longest game of Mafia ever??

Here possibly.  However, over on the board that's hosting the Mafia Championship, they've got one that's going to be longer.  It was set up so that each Day/Night cycle lasts one real-world year.  And it only started in November, so they're just around halfway through Day 1.

However, over on the board that's hosting the Mafia Championship, they've got one that's going to be longer.  It was set up so that each Day/Night cycle lasts one real-world year.  And it only started in November, so they're just around halfway through Day 1.

wat.

Here's the thread. They don't even have stories to pore over for a year, and the only power is one investigator.

Maybe we should just have a locked separate topic to keep past game info in? And just current game and future game info in the pinned topic?

I'm thinking you should probably pin that thread, too, to keep it at the top of the forum.

• D8 Biz is protected
I concur wholeheartedly. There's no way in hell that she'd protected two nights in a row.

Here possibly.  However, over on the board that's hosting the Mafia Championship, they've got one that's going to be longer.  It was set up so that each Day/Night cycle lasts one real-world year.  And it only started in November, so they're just around halfway through Day 1.

Wow! That's bananas. But I actually meant in terms of number of Days/Nights, not time taken to play. 

I'm lost, guys. I will probably join a Biz DL, but I'm feeling dejected, and kind of down in the dumps at the moment. /end Game Talk.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Biz is resilient!

Wow! That's bananas. But I actually meant in terms of number of Days/Nights, not time taken to play. 

Like I said, this game has the potential to be our longest.  So far it's the second-longest.  The Whedonverse game still holds the record.  And for a similar reason (*looks from Biz to Drogo and back*).  

But this is the largest game in number of starting players: 23.  So it being a long game isn't too surprising to me.

Awwww ... the heroes are feeling bad ... do yourselves a favor, sacrifice yourselves for the greater good, come and join us on the dark side.  End the pain and misery once and for all.  It's fun on this side of the fence ... an undisclosed number of you already have ... 

Expect the unexpected.

Hmm, if any substance is given to what the disembodied one is saying, it might help to have a list of surviving characters.

At least it would help me, given that I don't actually watch the show and lost track of all the names long ago....

No, really, I do think it would be helpful to see who's here as a character and where they stand before this Day is finished.

Or at least where they might be standing. I know I'm still on the side of good.

Edited by caprice

No, really, I do think it would be helpful to see who's here as a character and where they stand before this Day is finished.

Or at least where they might be standing. I know I'm still on the side of good.

Still Smitty, still good. 

From the first Day, this is @The Onion Knight's list of possible characters. I've added in some we've since learned, but it's by no means been checked, so please feel free to edit/make notes next to folks.

The good guys are probably:

1. Phillip J. Fry

2. Bender

3. Leela - aquarian1/In Robot Hell

4. Zoidberg

5. Amy Wong

6. Professor Farnsworth

7. Kif

8. Hermes Conrad - Lisin/In Robot Hell

9. Hedonism Bot - Drogo/In Robot Hell

10. Scruffy - HangedMan/In Robot Hell

11. Officer Url - OinkyBoinky/In Robot Hell

12. Officer Smitty

13. Nibbler

The bad:

9. The Don Bot - MuuMuuChainsmoker/In Robot Hell

10. Robot Devil

11. Nixon

12. Emperor Lrr

13. Flexo

14. The Huge Brain - Deadpool/In Robot Hell

15. Agnew - NPC/In Robot Hell

16. Zap Brannigan

Please edit/add/tear apart as you see fit.

(I think there was commentary on the list someone in the past 20 pages, but I just used the first post, so errors are mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.)

The list looks good...but if you are asking people to identify, then I have a long history of not letting the villains know who I am. I figure that if I freely claim a vanilla role, then don't claim the next game it is because I am hiding from them...and become a target.

The list looks good...but if you are asking people to identify, then I have a long history of not letting the villains know who I am. I figure that if I freely claim a vanilla role, then don't claim the next game it is because I am hiding from them...and become a target.

No, not asking anyone to identify, Machia -  I know full well who some players are, but left it to just who is on the In Robot Hell list when choosing who to identify. Just thought this might help, per caprice's request.

• Love 1

Night 9
           After his near brush with death, Professor Farnsworth knew something must be done. An astonishing number of people of people near him had died as of late. Even though very few had actually died and a few had managed to return, it was far too many deaths as far as he was concerned. And none of them could even be attributed to him! After all of those suicidal missions to the PTV galaxy. What a shame.
           Anyway. The Professor had come up with a great plan. Using what he called “The Farnsworth Effect” (a method of time travel that involved the Crystalline Opal that kept the heads in jars alive), the Professor and his crew would travel back to Nixon’s original time. First to the Head Museum!
           At the Head Museum, the Planet Express Crew gathered around the jar containing the head of former president John F. Kennedy. 
           “Now everyone, gather round close. Once I lick JFK’s head, a psychedelic bubble will appear and transport us back to the time of Kennedy. But only if you’re within the radius of the bubble. Closer. Closer!”
           “Professor, there are five of us. It’s not real hard to stand close to the head,” replied Bender.
           “Gentlemen, gentlemen. And of course, lovely lovely lady. Please ask not what your president can do for you, but what you can do for your president. And what you can do for your president is not lick my head!” Kennedy’s head said in his thick Boston accent. He squirmed, as much as a head in a jar could squirm, to avoid the pending tongue bath he knew was coming his way.
           “Too late! Professor get him!” Yelled Bender.
           The Professor sprinkled some extra crystalline opal powder into the jar and stuck out his tongue for a big lick.  A large bubble appeared, encompassing the Professor, Zoidberg, Bender, Amy, and Fry. The Planet Express crew vanished, leaving JFK’s jar to drop precariously to the ground. The crew arrived in DC (yeah I know, the technology is supposed to keep them in the same place but I don’t feel like trying to get them from New York to DC), decked out in couture from the late 1950s.
           “Oh my goodness! This dress! It’s so first season Mad Men!” Squeeled Amy in excitement. “I must look just like Joan.”
           “Eh, you’re more of a Peggy,” Bender snarked, leading Amy’s face to fall into a grumpy pout. “Now you’re even more of a Peggy.”
           “Quick! We have to find a newspaper so that we know when in time we arrived. Clearly we’re before the presidency, but when exactly will be important.”
           “Oooh! Here! Here’s a newspaper vending machine! But it needs a dime. Anyone got a dime?”
           “Fry, you buffoon, there’s a window so that you can see the newspaper. You don’t actually need to purchase a copy. Just read the date through the window,” the Professor shook his head, frustrated with his idiot great-uncle.
           “Oh yeah, right. The date is October 1st, 1960.”
           “Excellent, that puts us just after the first debate. Nixon is weakened! Now we just need to get him out of the office and somewhere alone. Then we can enact my great plan.” The Professor said with a conniving smile.

Sometime later, the Planet Express crew had lured current Vice President Nixon to the Great Falls of the Potomac through methods. Perhaps they had promised a large donation to his campaign, perhaps word of the strange lobster creature had drawn him out. Use your imagination! Regardless, the VP came alone to the Great Falls. A very risky move on his part.
           “So, what am I doing here?” Vice President Nixon asked.
           “You’re here so we can right a future wrong.” Professor Farnsworth said. “Bender, now!”
Bender grabbed Nixon before he could try to get away, bent him in half (as was his wont), and threw him into the Potomac. His body bounced over the falls, as his screams of agony could be heard for miles. There was no way he could have possibly survived the drop.
           “Zoidberg! Go fetch the body! We have to make sure he’s cremated and nothing of him survives. We can take no chances of his DNA being recovered.” The Professor ordered.
           “Oooh! In the river with all those lovely fishes to eat? Zoidberg will feast today!”
           “Quickly Zoidberg!”
           Saddened by his inability to gorge himself on all the free food the river had to offer, Zoidberg quickly dragged the lifeless form of Vice President Nixon out of the dregs. The crew quickly built up a fire and burnt the corpse until nothing was left. Just in time too, as the psychedelic bubble reappeared and transported them back to the future. A future where everything had changed.

Back in New New York, the loss of Vice President Nixon had had a great effect upon the timeline. Many things had changed, although some things were very similar. For example, the President of Earth was still a former US President whose head was now in a jar. An evil maniacal head in a jar with a penchant for peanuts.

So that’s that! A death finally and a nasty infernal paradox. Will your lovely and charming narrator find away out of her time travel paradox? Will she even care about it tomorrow? What will Earth be like under the rule of an evil Jimmy Carter? Could anyone really be worse than Nixon? Find out next time on the further adventures of FUTURAMA!

Still Alive and Well in New New York

• MarkHB
  • CuriousParker
  • SilverStormm
  • Athena
  • Machiabelly
  • saoirse
  • SVNBob
  • Firearcher
  • Lady Calypso
  • Dougal
  • The Crazed Spruce
  • caprice
  • The Onion Knight
  • Jesse
  • TJTrack99

Now in Robot Hell

• HangedMan - Scruffy - Magistrate
    What else can be said, you are Scruffy. Planet Express’s janitor, most of the employees have no idea you exist. Regardless, you have a deep and abiding love for Planet Express (and your mop bucket). Where else could you do so little and get away with viewing so much Zero G Juggs? As such, during twilight you may protect someone from the results of a day lynch if you fear they have been wrongly accused.
  • Deadpool - Huge Brain - role blocker
    You are the Huge Brain of the Brainspawn, an alien race set out to understand the whole universe. Once your race has compiled all of the information on the universe, you will destroy it to ensure no future information can be created. Your race has the power to stupification fields, making everyone in the vicinity dumber. Your ability to block the Delta Brain Wave allows you to select one person per night and stop their abilities for the night.
  • Lisin - Hermes - Tracker
    You are Hermes Conrad, Grade 36 bureaucrat and proud of it. If there ever was a man born to file, stamp, and collate it would be you. Before becoming a bureaucrat professionally (let’s be real, you’ve always been a bureaucrat. You were requiring applications in triplicate to your tenth birthday party!), you were an Olympic limboer who was only bested by your fiercest rival Barbados Slim. Although you are anal only 78.36% of the time, each night you may fill out the proper forms to track the movements of one player.
  • Drogo - Hedonismbot - Jack-of-all-Trades
    You are Hedonismbot, a robot with with the concept of hedonism written right into your very code! As your sole purpose is to seek pleasure, you over indulge in just about everything - chocolate icing, sex orgies, opera, you name it. You are made of solid gold and have a robosexual relationship with your valet Djambi. You have the ability to indulge in powers, to once investigate, once protect, and once operate as a vigilante. How delightful!
  • MuuMuuChainsmoker - Donbot - Vanilla
    You are the Donbot, head of the Robot Mafia. You are from the planet Sicily 8 and are accompanied by your goons Clamps and Joey Mousepad who do your dirty work. You are out for revenge, seeking penance for the many crimes Bender has committed against you not limited to sleeping with your wife and your daughter! You have no additional powers in this game.
  • OinkyBoinky - Officer URL - investigator pair
    You are Officer URL, the robot half of the buddy cop pair of Smitty and URL (pronounced Earl). Programmed to be a cop, you have many features to employ in the capturing of bad guys such as a siren, a megaphone, and a violations printer. You often use excessive force, even in non-violent circumstances. Your baton looks not unlike a light saber, although is noticably duller. You may communicate with Officer Smitty outside the main game thread and together may select one person per night to investigate.
  • Spiro Agnew - NPC
  • aquarian1 - Leela - investigator
    You are Turanga Leela! Former cryogenic counselor turned space pilot, you were abandoned as a baby and believed that you were the last of your alien species. Although you’re actually a mutant whose parents are still alive and living in the sewers below New New York, your upbringing in the Orphanarium made you tough. Strong willed and confident, you are a fierce protector of all living things. Your only weakness is your insecurity about your single eye, something that shouldn’t be that unusual in a world populated by creatures like Zoidberg! You kept the chip scanner from your last job as a career counselor which allows you to see the true nature of each character. Each night you may discover the role of one player in the game.
  • BizBuzz - President Nixon - 2 kill
    You are President Nixon, President of Earth. The head of the 37th US President kept alive in a jar, you are carried around by the headless body of Vice President Spiro Agnew. You won the election for President of Earth by one vote and proceeded to enlist the people of Earth into pointless wars. Typically you can be found playing poker with the Robot Devil. Any attack against you will first kill the headless body of Agnew.

There are no clues in the story. Please submit night actions by 1:30pm EDT Thursday. Enjoy the bar! 

• Love 2

You could be describing my guy :-)

I might have been thinking of someone particular, although not YOUR guy, since, you know, we've never met. ;)

Ghosties, you know you don't have to leave, right? You can stay around at Night. :D

• Love 2

Hey folks! I'm working on the story, but I'm thinking that it won't go up until Monday. It could go up at the earliest sometime this evening, but there seems to be less activity on the weekends and I don't want to start a day if no one is going to be around.

• Love 2