Type keyword(s) to search

Futurama Mafia

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, BizBuzz said:

Well for the record Drogo, I thought you were quite the smart butt as Glory ... so it's all about perspective eh?

That's what I said. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Drogo said:

That's what I said. 

I don't think cheeky means smart butt ... so I guess that is a matter of perspective too.  Then I will say it plainly ... when you were playing Glory I had to ask the Mods if I was reading the thread correctly because I thought you were being a little too vicious.  I was starting to hurt for the players.  Again ... it is all a matter of perspective.

@egavasc ... the game was great.  I know that SS and I, since we have modded games would spend more than a few minutes trying to figure out which power was bringing back people.  And yes, @SilverStormm kept telling us villains that @aquarian1 came back "different" ... unfortunately we didn't get to it early enough.

And this is for you A1 ... 

50995605.jpg

Just so you know ... we tried to broker a deal with you to let you live ... you reneged on the deal ... just sayin' ...

::giggle::

• Love 2

Congrats  @Aquarian1 

Great game @egavasc      I loved the whole thing.

@Silverstorm I was the voice of reason saying you were one of us.

I am SO in for the next one...someone add me. I will probably get the Kayley Cuoco sister that everyone hated.

• Love 2

Since the game is over ... I have a question about game play ...

When I started playing Mafia, it was kind of clear that the only time the dead could talk was during night.  They could "float in" and "float out" during the day, but the rule was absolutely NO game talk if you floated in or out (which would include posting pictures and videos).

Even if the dead could talk at night, again, there was absolutely no game talk allowed at night.

Has that changed?

9 minutes ago, BizBuzz said:

Since the game is over ... I have a question about game play ...

When I started playing Mafia, it was kind of clear that the only time the dead could talk was during night.  They could "float in" and "float out" during the day, but the rule was absolutely NO game talk if you floated in or out (which would include posting pictures and videos).

Even if the dead could talk at night, again, there was absolutely no game talk allowed at night.

Has that changed?

It really shouldn't have changed. I think people have been feeling a little more comfortable and stretching their limbs a bit when they are dead. It's really not a good thing to be doing (and as a game mod who a) has a day job where she can't check in on the game often and b) has no forum moderator abilities the dead people talking made my life very difficult at times.).  

We really need to return to the dead not talking during the day and no one talking game talk at night. I think part of the problem with this game especially was that it went on for so long and people really wanted to talk about what was going on, especially in the middle there when no end seemed to be in sight. But where you can punish living players with the threat of a mod-kill, it's hard to punish the already dead for breaking the rules. Not sure how to properly enforce. 

14 hours ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

Congratulations, a1! Well played. :)

I know I should be bitter that I was taken out like that, but hey, I'm just surprised I lasted this far into the game. :)

This leads me into another question. I tried to make sure in the stories that Mom was not associated with the Villains as I figured what was the point of giving someone the ability to appear as a hero if they were clearly a villain in the story. This is more of a mod question, but how much should the stories reflect the action? I definitely didn't have everything reflect completely what happened either in Day or Night, usually for story purposes. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, egavasc said:

It really shouldn't have changed. I think people have been feeling a little more comfortable and stretching their limbs a bit when they are dead. It's really not a good thing to be doing (and as a game mod who a) has a day job where she can't check in on the game often and b) has no forum moderator abilities the dead people talking made my life very difficult at times.).  

We really need to return to the dead not talking during the day and no one talking game talk at night. I think part of the problem with this game especially was that it went on for so long and people really wanted to talk about what was going on, especially in the middle there when no end seemed to be in sight. But where you can punish living players with the threat of a mod-kill, it's hard to punish the already dead for breaking the rules. Not sure how to properly enforce. 

There are ways to enforce it but I would hope that a sufficiently stern reminder will prevent it from happening in future games. If not and it becomes an ongoing issue we can revisit it. YMMV.

10 minutes ago, egavasc said:

This leads me into another question. I tried to make sure in the stories that Mom was not associated with the Villains as I figured what was the point of giving someone the ability to appear as a hero if they were clearly a villain in the story. This is more of a mod question, but how much should the stories reflect the action? I definitely didn't have everything reflect completely what happened either in Day or Night, usually for story purposes. 

I have the stories reflect the Night actions and by whom; to the point for example where whichever villain submits the kill order, it's their character who kills the target, but that's just me again YMMV. I think a lot of this is down to individual game mods preferences.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, caprice said:

Thanks for the encouragement as I was trying to figure out just who Fry should be. :D

Guys, I've given up on awards (not because y'all don't deserve them. You very very much deserve them, but because I am so tired. So so tired). But if I was giving awards, caprice would get the award for being the most dedicated to character (even when no one else seemed to notice or appreciate). She was willing to potentially look like a complete idiot in order to commit to her character and I don't know if anyone other than me noticed. It was awesome. 

My only other award that I had come up with is for @CuriousParker who wins the Zapp Brannigan Award for Excellence at Zapp Branniganing. Protecting oneself when in doubt or when it seems like you might be in danger is very Zapp Brannigan. 

And that's where I ran out of what little cleverness I have. So assume that I gave you a delightful award everyone else who played. Because I wish I did. Brain hurts. 

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, egavasc said:

Not sure how to properly enforce. 

Well ... that actually brings up another point.  There are a lot of PTV Mods that play ... however, the Fun & Games section is headed by only ONE Mod at that is @MarkHB ... I would think the way to enforce it would be to let Mark know when something seems out of line.

I know I for one absolutely refuse to edit/mod anything in this Fun & Games forum ... when I am in Mafia, I am purely a player, and not a Mod ... so if I had an issue I would #1 first tell the mod of the game about it, and #2 tell the mod of the forum.  Both the Mod of this last game and the Mod of this forum know I did just that when things started to get a little heated.

Something I would imagine needs to be made clear?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, BizBuzz said:

Well ... that actually brings up another point.  There are a lot of PTV Mods that play ... however, the Fun & Games section is headed by only ONE Mod at that is @MarkHB ... I would think the way to enforce it would be to let Mark know when something seems out of line.

I'm fine with this, and I hope all game mods feel free to let me know if things need handling.  I believe strongly that the individual game mods should have the final say over their own games, so absent a specific request from them I try to limit any moderation of this thread to actual violations of site rules.  I did wind up getting rid of several posts in the middle of the game where things were getting testy with no game content.

And when you see me use the fancy orange highlighting you know I'm serious!

• Love 7
13 hours ago, MarkHB said:

Well, yeah, it was you :).  We even had a "do we need to frag Silver" thread going for a while, until someone pointed out that one of the key pieces of "evidence" (your starting the DL on me when I was unprotected) was actually @MuuMuuChainsmoker's idea.

Does this look like NEVER SPEAKING OF IT AGAIN?!!  :p

@SilverStormm, the only reason I was suspicious was because it would have been very in character for the show for Bender and Flexo to team up and play for themselves.  

The game had been going so long and my paranoia had gotten so ramped up that I started to wonder why you were trying to direct us away from killing the Professor.   As it turned out, it was because you had better instincts than the rest of us!

Anyway, we briefly discussed it but it quickly became obvious that it was way off base.  Now I'm super embarrassed. ?

• Love 2

Yes, Spruce would have killed either you or I that night, next day deadlock vote, kill the last of us. 

Thank you for being such a great partner Jesse.  I <3 Jesse. 

I know I was very vocal that first day and asking for protection but a DL was rolling on Jesse, I always get killed the first night and AFIK we were the only two investigators. I only ask for protection when I think the game needs it. And thank you all for the protection given. 

• Love 1