Type keyword(s) to search

Futurama Mafia

• Start Topic

Day 11
           “Good news everyone!” The Professor said, as was his habit to start any meeting good news or bad.
          “Professor, could we have a delivery down to the sewer? I haven’t seen my parents since I came back and it would be really nice to get to see them. I think they still think I’m dead.” Leela asked nervously.
          Suddenly there was a large clang. Everyone ran to where it seemed like the noise came from. Seeing the pink goo on the floor, they realized the Rebirth Machine was at it again.
          “Whaaaaaa? I didn’t even set this into action.” The Professor was puzzled. He really didn’t remember setting up the machine. Perhaps it was just his senility finally getting to him. Perhaps he had actually found someone to bring back. Perhaps it was just his senility getting to him.
          The crew investigated what came out of the machine. Out of the pink goo, a robot body arose.
          “Professor?” Fry asked. “Your machine can bring back...robots?”
          “Well yes. Technically, the Rebirth Machine can bring back anything that lives. And robots are technically living things even if they are constructed mainly out of metals like iron or titanium.”
          “Hey! I’m 40% titanium!” Said Bender, barely paying attention to the conversation. He mostly listened for keywords where he could chime in.
         “Oh Bender, be quiet. That doesn’t matter right now.” The Professor gently rebuked. “But he is right. Anyone could have tossed some titanium into the machine and a robot could be reformed.”
          “Bite my shiny metal ass! I don’t even care who this weird hunk of junk is. Imma drink some more over here.”
          “Oooooohhhhh yeeeaaaahh. This body feels reeealll goood.” Officer URL drawled, enjoying his return to form. “You got any extra beers for me?”
          “Hell yeah Officer! Say, while I have you, I have these minor warrants I’m hoping maybe you can do something about? Just some, you know, light B+E? Not a big deal. I’m just looking for some quid pro quo.” Bender attempted to deal with the newly alive officer.

Sometime later, in the sewers below New New York the Planet Express crew was searching for Leela’s parents. Even the Professor came along, assuming (incorrectly) that nothing dangerous could happen in the sewers. The mutants were a peaceful people and there was little to fear.
          “Leela, Leela is that you? No, no it couldn’t possibly be, my Leela is dead,” Turanga Munda said. Leela’s mother was devastated by the sight of what she believed to be some strange apparition of her daughter.
          “No! Mom, it’s me! I’m alive! It’s so good to see you!” Leela said as she rushed to hug her mother, who welcomed her daughter with open arms.
“MORRIS! Morris honey get out here! It’s Leela! She’s back!” Munda called out excitedly to her husband.
           “What, honey? No dear, Leela is dead, don’t you remember? We went to her funera….wait, Leela! LEELA! Oh honey, you’re alive! You’re alive!” Her father said, so incredibly ecstatic that his only child had been returned to him.
          In the chaos of the happy family reunion, no one noticed that a dark shadowy something came out of nowhere and pushed the Professor into the sludge of the sewers. The Professor immediately began to mutate, as would be expected. The sewer sludge was the cause of most mutations.
          “Help! Help!” The Professor’s muffled voice cried. He kept falling below the drink as his arms became tentacles and he no longer knew how to handle his rapidly changing body. On top of all that, the elderly man had never learned to swim.”
          “Professor! I’ll save you!” Fry yelled foolishly, about to dive into the disgusting waste of New New York.
          “No Fry! You can’t!” Leela cried out, concerned for his safety. “If you try to rescue him, you’ll also turn into a mutant!”
         “Oh.” Fry said, backing away from the river of sludge. “I’m sorry Professor!”
        The Professor struggled in the waters, doing what he could to kick his way to the surface and try to stay alive. Eventually (about thirty seconds later) he gave in to the waters, his changing body gaining more and more mass dragging him down to the depths. The Professor was no more.

In Robot Hell, the Robot Devil was enjoying a relaxing evening of watching television after a long hard day of torturing robots. It was the simple pleasures. Suddenly a new robot ghost appeared in front of him (they always showed up right in front of him at the most inopportune times. He really needed to appoint another demon to be the official Welcomer to Hell).
         “Oh hell. It’s you? What did I do to deserve this?” The Robot Devil bemoaned. His least favorite robot actor, Calculon, was the newest arrival to Robot Hell.
         “You? I was just about to win the greatest acting award of my career! I had just performed the death scene of Romeo and Juliet at the World Acting Championship. Instead of a poison, I drank food coloring in order to have the most effective performance possible (For the uninformed among you, food coloring is poisoning to robots). As I collapsed on stage, I could hear the roars of the applause, see the crowds start to stand in a unanimous standing ovation. They liked me! They really liked me! And I was to be crowned with my rightful position as World’s Greatest Actor. Then I showed up here, before I could relish all of my proper glory.”
          “Of course. Of course you’re here now. Well, I’ll give you the tour. Oh wait! I don’t have to! I can just send you away to be tortured instead of having you torture me endlessly with your terrible monologuing. Now leave me alone to watch good TV.”
         With a poof, the acting robot disappeared. With a sigh, the Robot Devil sat back into his comfy chair and turned his television back to Father Ted. He didn’t know what it was about watching shows about the clergy. They always managed to make him laugh.

Still Alive and Well in New New York

• MarkHB
  • CuriousParker
  • SilverStormm
  • Machiabelly
  • saoirse
  • SVNBob
  • Lady Calypso
  • Dougal
  • The Crazed Spruce
  • caprice
  • Jesse
  • TJTrack99
  • aquarian1
  • OinkyBoinky

Now in Robot Hell

• HangedMan - Scruffy - Magistrate
    What else can be said, you are Scruffy. Planet Express’s janitor, most of the employees have no idea you exist. Regardless, you have a deep and abiding love for Planet Express (and your mop bucket). Where else could you do so little and get away with viewing so much Zero G Juggs? As such, during twilight you may protect someone from the results of a day lynch if you fear they have been wrongly accused.
  • Deadpool - Huge Brain - role blocker
    You are the Huge Brain of the Brainspawn, an alien race set out to understand the whole universe. Once your race has compiled all of the information on the universe, you will destroy it to ensure no future information can be created. Your race has the power to stupification fields, making everyone in the vicinity dumber. Your ability to block the Delta Brain Wave allows you to select one person per night and stop their abilities for the night.
  • Lisin - Hermes - Tracker
    You are Hermes Conrad, Grade 36 bureaucrat and proud of it. If there ever was a man born to file, stamp, and collate it would be you. Before becoming a bureaucrat professionally (let’s be real, you’ve always been a bureaucrat. You were requiring applications in triplicate to your tenth birthday party!), you were an Olympic limboer who was only bested by your fiercest rival Barbados Slim. Although you are anal only 78.36% of the time, each night you may fill out the proper forms to track the movements of one player.
  • Drogo - Hedonismbot - Jack-of-all-Trades
    You are Hedonismbot, a robot with with the concept of hedonism written right into your very code! As your sole purpose is to seek pleasure, you over indulge in just about everything - chocolate icing, sex orgies, opera, you name it. You are made of solid gold and have a robosexual relationship with your valet Djambi. You have the ability to indulge in powers, to once investigate, once protect, and once operate as a vigilante. How delightful!
  • MuuMuuChainsmoker - Donbot - Vanilla
    You are the Donbot, head of the Robot Mafia. You are from the planet Sicily 8 and are accompanied by your goons Clamps and Joey Mousepad who do your dirty work. You are out for revenge, seeking penance for the many crimes Bender has committed against you not limited to sleeping with your wife and your daughter! You have no additional powers in this game.
  • Spiro Agnew - NPC
  • BizBuzz - President Nixon - 2 kill
    You are President Nixon, President of Earth. The head of the 37th US President kept alive in a jar, you are carried around by the headless body of Vice President Spiro Agnew. You won the election for President of Earth by one vote and proceeded to enlist the people of Earth into pointless wars. Typically you can be found playing poker with the Robot Devil. Any attack against you will first kill the headless body of Agnew.
  • Athena - Zoidberg - Doctor (weak)
    You are Doctor John Zoidberg, alien from the planet Decapod 10. The only member of the original crew of Planet Express, you are the staff doctor. Your medical knowledge is suspect; for some reason they allow you to treat humans with absolutely no understanding of their anatomy. As such, you are incredibly poor and despised generally by the rest of the crew. Your skills may allow you to heal one person per night, provided the odds be in their favor. Heads, they’re safe. Tails, well, you snipped them in the wrong kerjigger.
  • The Onion Knight - Professor Farnsworth - 2 kill
    You are Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth! A misdirected genius, your inventions always take a odd bent. Like the Smell-O-Scope, because smelling space is clearly more useful than seeing it. Owner and CEO of Planet Express, you often send your crew on suicide missions due to your lack of a gooey moral center. That may also explain your collection of doomsday devices. Although you are practically decrepit, ancient, and falling apart, you are protected by the gargoyle Pazuzu who owes you a great debt. As such, it will take two attempts on your life for death to give you that sweet relief.
  • Firearcher - Calculon - vanilla
    You are Antonio Calculon, famous star of long running robot soap opera All My Circuits. You are known for your magnificent elocution and melodramatic nature on and off screen. While it’s rumored that you received your talents from the Robot Devil himself, you always seek to prove yourself. One day the Academy will recognize you for the talent you are. ONE DAY!

There is one clue in the story. Please allow for 12 hours for discussion. Day will end at approx. 10:45 EDT Wednesday, or with a completed vote. 

• Love 1
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay, we got a Villain!

So many choices. Leela finally settled on Pewter Fury; She had always been fond of that tempestuous one from the X-Men.

Anyone else seeing what I'm seeing here? And there was a hint that there was a recruit, right?

Boo! We lost the Professor! But we got some back!

I'm on a third read, and totally confused, BTW.

Anyone else seeing what I'm seeing here? And there was a hint that there was a recruit, right?

Yeah, I see what you're driving at. But I wouldn't trust the hint about the recruit.  For a couple reasons.  Three, if you count what I think is the clue in this story.

However, I think we need to stick with what has worked so far.  If we're right about abilities, Mark's vulnerable now, and the other target would be protected.

Any Heroes left with any Vigilante or Night-Kill powers?  We're so close...

Bob that recruitment theory never sat well with me.

We investigated that same night and got hero. If you can tell me Egavasc would sequence night actions to be our investigation followed by recruitment followed by the second investigation (3 night moves in exactly that order) yah maybe. If Firearcher was meeting or following Mark at night maybe he also had one of the many investigative roles.

Or maybe he was just acting again.

Couldn't say that before being dead and all.

Assuming Calculon was indeed vanilla, he can't have initiated any actions.

By Occam's Razor, the simplest explanation is that the person that told us about recruitment was lying.

• Love 1

Srsly, wth, that clue cannot be a real clue because I am a hero through and through, look at my track record of voting and my gameplay so far - idk what else to say ^shrug^ but I agree we def should vote for Mark toDay.

All of the voting history has to be looked at with two things in mind:

1. Who voted DL when they knew protection was in play (same way MMCS did this)

B. Who got recruited

Assuming Calculon was indeed vanilla, he can't have initiated any actions.

By Occam's Razor, the simplest explanation is that the person that told us about recruitment was lying.

Or was given misinformation - because that's never happened before right?

ETA Ask yourself; what reason would I have to give out info so easily proved wrong? Literally 1 investigation and the information I was given is worthless. I would like to believe I'm not that daft and would be given more credit than that.

There are some very weird shenanigans going on in this game.

Edited by SilverStormm

Misinformation is a distinct possibility.  Technically, it's three possibilities, including what I've already stated.

So Firearcher could have been recruited and that information is being withheld until the game is over, similar to my true nature in the Xena game.  I do note that none of the dead show their alignment this time around.

Or deliberate misinformation was fed your way.  Look back at our very first game.  I used my power to frame a Hero that was already drawing some suspicion, and it helped get him DL'd.  Mark (who we're assuming is the protector) could have thrown protection on Firearcher randomly to make us suspicious.  But that would require the Villains suspecting there was someone with Tracker powers or something similar, and this happened well after Lisin's elimination.  So it does seem weaker.

So I don't deny the possibilities.  But there's one big reason I'm holding on to the conclusion I arrived at:

When I posted about the Razor and a possible liar, I didn't name any names or make any accusations.  Yet Silver jumps in immediately, with a very defensive response.  Again, I invite you to look at the very first game.  That seems a lot like a reaction I made, and I got DL'd for it.

Misinformation is a distinct possibility.  Technically, it's three possibilities, including what I've already stated.

So Firearcher could have been recruited and that information is being withheld until the game is over, similar to my true nature in the Xena game.  I do note that none of the dead show their alignment this time around.

Or deliberate misinformation was fed your way.  Look back at our very first game.  I used my power to frame a Hero that was already drawing some suspicion, and it helped get him DL'd.  Mark (who we're assuming is the protector) could have thrown protection on Firearcher randomly to make us suspicious.  But that would require the Villains suspecting there was someone with Tracker powers or something similar, and this happened well after Lisin's elimination.  So it does seem weaker.

So I don't deny the possibilities.  But there's one big reason I'm holding on to the conclusion I arrived at:

When I posted about the Razor and a possible liar, I didn't name any names or make any accusations.  Yet Silver jumps in immediately, with a very defensive response.  Again, I invite you to look at the very first game.  That seems a lot like a reaction I made, and I got DL'd for it.

Well, I would think the reason for that is obvious to anyone with any smarts; since I'm the one who's been made to look like a liar...? 

I'm damned if I do and I'm damned if I don't, it seems.

Srsly, I've tried my best to help us heroes win this game and I'm a little frustrated if I'm being totally honest. Do what you like, truth be told I'm kinda over it. ^shrug^

• Love 1

That said vanilla not villain.

Both professor and Calculon were heros

Vanilla doesn't always equal "hero."

(Bolded mine) This is what I'm thinking, too.

This is some very interesting conversation going on.

• Love 1

Bob we noted and maybe wondered why alliances are not specified in the stories but you just have to trust me when I say investigations say specifically hero or villain except for the last one and pretty sure I understand why and it leads all the way back to the Janus reference.

Caprice story says vanilla. Investigation said hero same night he was 'recruited '

Ooh - good catch, OB.  I had investigated both The Onion Knight and FireArcher and they both said Hero at that time.  Granted, it doesn't line up with recruitment nights, I don't think.  

FYI - recruiting and serial killers are all new to me so I find this fascinating and scary at the same time.  I think I knew of the possibility of serial killers from your comments in previous games, or maybe this game, but not recruiting.  The more I learn about these mafia games, the more I like them.  It's all so crazy.

So, should we try Mark again?  Thinking he's another 2 kill or protection thing?

• Love 1

5 to DL MarkHB (Silver, CP, aquarian1, caprice[/b,Oinky Boinky ) 3 to send someone to egg white hell

I am advising not to be impressed that SS started this DL because reasons.

Edited by Oinky Boinky
  • Love 1

To the serial killer:

We, in Our infinite Grace and Imperial Majesty, know who you are and if you help us, you help yourself; there are too many heroes at the moment. You know it makes sense if you want any chance at all of winning. So if you take out a confirmed hero tonight, we'll take that as confirmation that you're on board. Otherwise you will be revealed to all on Day 12. We're happy to work with you and not sell you out, you know you wouldn't get the same offer from the heroes if they knew who you were.

I am advising not to be impressed that SS started this DL because reasons.

Fine then.

5 to DL MarkHB (CP, aquarian1, caprice, Oinky Boinky, saoirse ) 3 to jog on.

If you know who the SK is (if there even is one), WHY wouldn't you reveal that to the rest of the heroes ASAP??? Very odd...

Silver!  You put that vote back right this second!  :P

Everything I've done and I'm unappreciated CP; I know where I'm not wanted. So nuh uh.

^Flounces over to the sofa and puts feet up^

Edited by SilverStormm
Never miss the chance for a good flounce.
  • Love 1

As long as both Jesse and I are in this game there is no need just yet when the focus is to take down Mark.

Now with Mark threatening to invoke a two hero night kill in exchange for keeping the SK identity, I can threaten to make that plan not worth anything.

Does the SK want me to spill the beans and maybe flip this DL that way or go along with taking out Mark?

And I haven't had a chance to confer with my partner.

She is less head strong than I am.

And feigned indignation looks better as a reason to jump off the Mark DL than the appearance of collusion.

Ok then...

6 to DL MarkHB (CP, aquarian1, caprice, Oinky Boinky, saoirse, Bob ) 2 to get the numbers back in order.

Mark, your offer to the SK actually isn't an offer at all.  You're not going to reveal the SK's identity no matter what happens.  And I don't mean because you're not going to be around to do so.  I mean that any of the Villains still in play on D12 wouldn't reveal, no matter what happens N11.

Think about it.  You admitted that there's a glut of Heroes and currently only 3 that aren't.  So odds are, if the SK chooses to act tonight and isn't blocked somehow, they'll kill a Hero.  Which means you're not going to talk, just based on probability.

And assuming that we do eliminate Mark toDay, and the SK gets lucky and offs the other Villain toNight...who'd make the reveal?  A new Villain that'd just get DL'd soon after and give the win to the Heroes?  I don't think so.

SK, a counter-offer.  Call Their Bluff.  If Mark somehow survives toDay, kill him toNight.  My offer is just as good as Mark's.  Possibly even better, since I make no claim as to know who you are.

Not knowing how our Masonic investigators work, may I suggest that Jesse, Oinky, and aquarian all investigate the same person toNight?  With 3 investigators, one will definitively survive to reveal the information to the rest of us.

Edited by SVNBob
  • Love 1

Excellent Bob.

Assuming we haven't already investigated that person.

I said at least once many days ago that if we did have a SK they weren't very good.

With two heroes dead last night they seem to finally be on the move.

As long as both Jesse and I are in this game there is no need just yet when the focus is to take down Mark.

Now with Mark threatening to invoke a two hero night kill in exchange for keeping the SK identity, I can threaten to make that plan not worth anything.

Does the SK want me to spill the beans and maybe flip this DL that way or go along with taking out Mark?

And I haven't had a chance to confer with my partner.

She is less head strong than I am.

And feigned indignation looks better as a reason to jump off the Mark DL than the appearance of collusion.

So if you both die tonight, that would be very helpful to the heroes #sarcasmftw 

See what I mean about damned if I do, damned if I don't; starting the DL means nothing but 'feigned indignation' is an excuse LOL. OB you love having your cake and eating it don't you.

#whosaiditwasfeigned??

Maybe you ought to resurrect your trusty trust list?