Type keyword(s) to search

Futurama Mafia

• Start Topic

I'm back, I'm back!

Excellent Bob.
Assuming we haven't already investigated that person.

I said at least once many days ago that if we did have a SK they weren't very good.

With two heroes dead last night they seem to finally be on the move.

And am not opposed to re-investigating someone, if we think recruitment is on the table.

• Love 1
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a terrible travel day today (way too little sleep, flights with middle seats with armrest-grabbing neighbors while I tried to squeeze my way onto my laptop to get some tight-deadline work done) – but it seems like it worked out, probably?

Not sure what to think about all this SK stuff, but really don't understand why OB would say she knows who the SK is but not reveal it – if they believe her, seems to have all the downsides of coming out with it with no upsides....

• Love 1

Dougal I did say I had to consult with my partner.  

Because Mark has threatened to have us removed two at a time, the information must be shared. 

SilverStormm has two faces and she is the only investigation where we did not receive an alliance to the heroes or the villains. 

The investigation did not say SK. It said neither alliance. 

She is our tempestuous, pewter fury. 

OB allow me to assist you, I am a villain (and proud!).

A villain, might I add, who you saved from a DL early in the game, and one who was on your 'solid' trusty trust list, so thanks for that. :D

That clue to me was so obvious the only thing missing was a neon flashing sign ;)

I'm revealing this now because it's quite obvious that I'll be targeted toMorrow and I want to be able to use this time to speak to the SK before Night falls:

Dear SK,

Regardless of what any hero says; let me tell you 100% that if you collude with us, we will not kill or reveal/DL you.

If you believe there are very few villains left... that's even more reason for needing our assistance to reduce the hero numbers, we need each other at the moment, so please ignore the feeble attempts of the scared heroes and do what you know makes most sense; form an alliance with us, the enemy of my enemy is my friend and all that etc.
Then it's simply down to who the heroes finish off first - you or us. Believe me when I say that we would rather you won than the heroes.
The heroes cannot and will not offer you any such solace; make no mistake they will DL you if they find you - it's the only way they can win.

Take out a CONFIRMED hero tonight, but know this, one protector remains in this game still and yes, we do know who you are too.

Finally, OB's post above this one, proves her threat to reveal you was false, as I knew it was. (Thanks OB for confirming that for the SK though, appreciate it).

Your allies,

The Villains.

• Love 1

Not bad Silver,  A slightly better deal than what Mark put out there, but still not a serious offer.  For the same reasons I said before.  You're not offering anything real.  You'll be silent no matter who the SK kills, Hero or Villain.

Odds are SK's gonna hit a Hero anyway.  Now even moreso since the hidden Villain outed herself.  Which means the rest of us are all confirmed Heroes.  So the SK will automatically fill their side of the "bargain."  Your silence is a given.

And if both Mark and Silver are dead come Day, who will be left on the Villain side to reveal the SK's identity?  Someone that'll lose the game either that Day or the next to the Heroes, if they even survive the intervening Night?  Again, I don't think so.

Based on their offers, there's only one way that the Villains could reveal the SK identity come tomorrow.  If there's only one Villain left when Day starts, and the SK doesn't kill anyone toNight.  Of course, this is all assuming that Mark and Silver actually do know who the SK is.

SK, again I counter.  Call Their Bluff!  Kill either Mark or Silver toNight, depending on the results of this DL.  At least one will be alive for you to target.

• Love 2

Not bad Silver,  A slightly better deal than what Mark put out there, but still not a serious offer.  For the same reasons I said before.  You're not offering anything real.  You'll be silent no matter who the SK kills, Hero or Villain.

Odds are SK's gonna hit a Hero anyway.  Now even moreso since the hidden Villain outed herself.  Which means the rest of us are all confirmed Heroes.  So the SK will automatically fill their side of the "bargain."  Your silence is a given.

And if both Mark and Silver are dead come Day, who will be left on the Villain side to reveal the SK's identity?  Someone that'll lose the game either that Day or the next to the Heroes, if they even survive the intervening Night?  Again, I don't think so.

Based on their offers, there's only one way that the Villains could reveal the SK identity come tomorrow.  If there's only one Villain left when Day starts, and the SK doesn't kill anyone toNight.  Of course, this is all assuming that Mark and Silver actually do know who the SK is.

SK, again I counter.  Call Their Bluff!  Kill either Mark or Silver toNight, depending on the results of this DL.  At least one will be alive for you to target.

Nice try Bob but in all honesty, I am DEADLY serious.

1. Yes, yes we do know
  2. Who says only us 2 are left, oh yes - the heroes who have been so spot on until now LOL.
  3. What if an investigator 'finds' the sk - all you're doing is ensuring that said investigator remains silent because you will automatically assume they are a villain? OB be careful if you find the SK you MUST be a villain!!

"The rest of us are all confirmed heroes" how naive, I happen to know not all heroes are, in fact, heroes ;) I am very self assured in that knowledge. 

Why Oh Why, would the SK help the heroes at this point in the game, it'd be highly illogical, and I know for a fact that this player isn't stupid?? Helping the heroes would make the SK's job WAAAAAY harder if they don't reduce the hero numbers first, which in turn, helps us villains; quid pro quo.

Between us we can remove TWO heroes per Night from the game. Why would any SK with any intelligence pass up that chance and instead choose to leave themselves with having to kill the heroes 1 per Night?

So I appeal directly to the SK's logic, you know it makes sense to ally with us, it is in your own best interests. Whether we remain silent as to your identity is merely insurance there is always the other choice of killing you, SK. Neither of which will happen unless you go against us. But that is really only a secondary issue, the main one being, if you want to have any chance of winning, ally with us.

Our silence is in no way 'a given', we have the choice of revealing or simply Nightkilling them, should the SK go against us, they will die and you can take that to the bank.

I would much prefer not to have to do that because like I said before, if we can't win, we'd like the SK to win.

Silver, you're still not offering something tangible to the SK.  You're leaving a big bargaining chip off the table, and I think I know why,

SK, ask yourself this.  If they really want to work with you, why aren't the Villains offering to use their protection power on you?  Three offers in, and it hasn't come up once.  Simplest answer (remember Occam's Razor, Silver?  It cut you to the quick.) is that they can't.  It's about to be eliminated from the game with Mark.

ETA:

**DROPS MIC**

Edited by SVNBob
  • Love 1

^Pick's Mic Up^

Bob and your point is...??

I am offering the SK their life; imo that is pretty tangible.

The WHOLE point is that the sk is better served by helping us than by helping the heroes - which would actually hinder their chances of winning.

Nothing you say can change that irrefutable and logical fact. The rest is all waffle and rhubarb.

*^* NOW THAT'S HOW YOU: DROPS MIC AND LEAVES *^*

But you're not helping the SK, Silver...that's the ironic part.  Or titanium, or pewter...whichever silver-colored metal you want to use.

Think about it.  Up until about 2 hours ago, the investigations were going to be focused on Silver, to try to answer the questions raised by saorise, Oinky and me.  Which would have left the SK one more Night to skulk around, undetected.  But that's not going to happen now, is it?  All our investigators are free to look everywhere else for the SK, so they're very likely to be found toNight.

You want to work with the SK, but then turn up the heat on them?  Then saying work with us or we'll kill you?  That means you're offering "lose to the Heroes, or lose to the Villains".  Not an attractive offer.

I know the Heroes don't have anything to offer the SK, but all your offers are sad and desperate.  Signs of a sinking ship.

• Love 1

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

I see you posted Bob, but all I read is^

SK, you know my offer and how it benefits you (and us admittedly) to do as I suggest. I know you are a clever person, so I don't feel the need to keep harping on with the same thing. 

Let the heroes do that as they scramble to try and derail your thinking and the indisputable logic in what I have said.

I will point out this much; OB wouldn't have investigated me toNight anyway because as per her post of today; she's already done that so why would any other investigator bother LOL?

I'm bored with the back and forth now so I shall leave you to make the correct choice, I hope my faith in your intelligence is rewarded, for both our sakes.

• Love 1

SilverStormm is missing my point maybe deliberately that I am still convinced she is the SK based on having no allegiance on investigation.

You can ad homenum me all you want and tell others I was bluffing but bottom line I got what I wanted. Thank you.

Oh Em Gee, tell me I didn't confess for no good reason, say it isn't so?!?!

giphy.gif

Because I def wasn't front of the queue for a DL toMorrow at all until that happened, oh bother.

[wrings hands and wails] #sarcasmftw.

Sweetie, you got NOTHING that I didn't want you to have, just like you have this whole game, deal with it and move on.

Guys, the night story is coming. But a nap has to come first. Otherwise the story will be "Blah blah blazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzlakdjfaosijfpoaijdf" as I fall asleep on my keyboard. 

• Love 6

Being an authority on myself and whilst mingling with my comrades; I believe I know better what we are like. However, if it comforts you during the long, cold Night ahead to think otherwise, you go right ahead.

#forthenightisdarkandfullofterrors

• Love 1

This is a very picturesque thread. I am not even sure who half of the pictures are insulting. Please, from now on, be sure to tag them "Heroes be like" or "Villains be like" It is easier for old people like me to keep.

Old people be like...ummm how do I post one of them Jeffs? 

Young people be like...It's a GIF...GAWD!

• Love 3

This is a very picturesque thread. I am not even sure who half of the pictures are insulting.

Hopefully they're not insulting anybody. 

Drogo (hesitantly) be like: I know Brendon Villegas from (BB12 and 13) IRL.  (No I have not met Rachel.)

I'll save my comments about Rachel for night-time (but they aren't going to be bad).

Also, when I said "another great leader," the antecedent wasn't Rachel, it was Emperor Lrrr, RULER OF THE PLANET OMICRON PERSEI 8.

• Love 1