Type keyword(s) to search

Futurama Mafia

• Start Topic

Is it time for sign ups for the next round? I think it is! (Not to derail discussion of the one night game, please also continue!)

I'd like to call a close to sign ups at noon eastern on Wednesday March 9. That way I can get PMs out and the first story up by Thursday. Unless y'all don't think that's enough time for everyone to get on the list. But we're such a responsive group foe the most part!

• Love 2
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it time for sign ups for the next round? I think it is! (Not to derail discussion of the one night game, please also continue!)

I'd like to call a close to sign ups at noon eastern on Wednesday March 9. That way I can get PMs out and the first story up by Thursday. Unless y'all don't think that's enough time for everyone to get on the list. But we're such a responsive group foe the most part!

1.  MarkHB

2.  CuriousParker

3.  Drogo (?)

1. MarkHB

CuriousParker

Drogo (?)

SilverStormm

Athena

MuuMuuChainsmoker

Jesse

Machiabelly

saoirse

SVNBob

Firearcher (per request of the fresh me-- I mean, new addition)

• Love 2

Drogo, if you want in I'll make sure there are spots for everyone. There's like a thousand characters in Futurama so I'll make it work!

Okay next signer-upper please remove the ? from me. ;)

• Love 1
  1. MarkHB
  2. CuriousParker
  3. Drogo
  4. SilverStormm
  5. Athena
  6. MuuMuuChainsmoker
  7. Jesse
  8. Machiabelly
  9. saoirse
  10. SVNBob
  11. Firearcher
  12. aquarian1
  13. Lady Calypso
  14. TJtrack99

And someone who can access the list of future games up top, you can add me and LC with Heroes Reborn/Daredevil/Jessica Jones/Charmed...

• Love 2

• MarkHB
  • CuriousParker
  • Drogo
  • SilverStormm
  • Athena
  • MuuMuuChainsmoker
  • Jesse
  • Machiabelly
  • saoirse
  • SVNBob
  • Firearcher
  • aquarian1
  • Lady Calypso
  • TJtrack99

And someone who can access the list of future games up top, you can add me and LC with Heroes Reborn/Daredevil/Jessica Jones/Charmed...

Oinky Boinky please 16?

16 it didn't quote the numbers on my phone

Arghhhhh

• Love 2

Including Oinky...

• MarkHB
  • CuriousParker
  • Drogo
  • SilverStormm
  • Athena
  • MuuMuuChainsmoker
  • Jesse
  • Machiabelly
  • saoirse
  • SVNBob
  • Firearcher
  • aquarian1
  • Lady Calypso
  • TJtrack99
  • Lisin
  • OinkyBoinky

Jinx!

• Love 2

A few more questions for everyone in regards to One Night games:

I'm still trying to tweak things to make it work best here.  So did the rule changes work well?  Specifically, the fixed time frame for discussion, voting allowed throughout, and a final window for voting without discussion.  Any ideas for improvements?

Are there any game rules that need further clarification for anyone?  Questions about how particular powers might interact?  I might have been a little oblique during the game, erring on the side of caution.  But I can be more open now.

Of all the roles we've seen so far, are there any you wouldn't want me to use in a future game? If so, why?

• Love 3

Bob, I enjoy the heck out of the game and think you're doing a great job with it.

I know bupkis about any of the listed shows, but I'll play.

In other news, and not to cast a pall on things... My mother and I came home after a day out and had to bury a cat. *sniff*

• Love 2

• MarkHB
  • CuriousParker
  • Drogo
  • SilverStormm
  • Athena
  • MuuMuuChainsmoker
  • Jesse
  • Machiabelly
  • saoirse
  • SVNBob
  • Firearcher
  • aquarian1
  • Lady Calypso
  • TJtrack99
  • Lisin
  • OinkyBoinky
  • Dougal

And caprice...that's a nightmare. So sorry.

• Love 3

A few more questions for everyone in regards to One Night games:

I'm still trying to tweak things to make it work best here.  So did the rule changes work well?  Specifically, the fixed time frame for discussion, voting allowed throughout, and a final window for voting without discussion.  Any ideas for improvements?

Are there any game rules that need further clarification for anyone?  Questions about how particular powers might interact?  I might have been a little oblique during the game, erring on the side of caution.  But I can be more open now.

Of all the roles we've seen so far, are there any you wouldn't want me to use in a future game? If so, why?

I really like the game, Bob, and I agree you've done an awesome job. 

Voting allowed throughout seems like a good plan, especially since we totally disregarded the vote-to-vote thing in the first round.  :)

The fixed time limit is great, I enjoyed that in the Xena game also.  I guess my only wishlist item would be that instead of having a last-minute voting period with no discussion where people switch votes, to instead have a specified end-time (and maybe a 2-hour warning?) and whatever the votes are at that time is what the votes are.  A little frustrating to watch the votes get switched and not being able to say "But you're probably voting for the Tanner!" for the 43rd time. ;)

RE: specific powers - I was reading on a Werewolf site that if the Hunter is voted out, they take the person they voted for out with them. That's fun.  

p.s.  caprice - I'm so sorry.  I hope something great happens to you today.

• Love 3

Bob I like the game very much. Like the voting throughout and the discussion and negotiations it promotes.

Can Drogo please play if he wants to? We will miss him too much.

Caprice I am so very sorry about your cat.

My boy Hitchins worries me every time I go away. Very upsetting.

• Love 4

I'm pretty sure caprice said she wanted to play.

Yep.

Bob, I enjoy the heck out of the game and think you're doing a great job with it.

I know bupkis about any of the listed shows, but I'll play.

I'll add her to the list. Also, very sorry for your kitty.

1. MarkHB
  2. CuriousParker
  3. Drogo
  4. SilverStormm
  5. Athena
  6. MuuMuuChainsmoker
  7. Jesse
  8. Machiabelly
  9. saoirse
  10. SVNBob
  11. Firearcher
  12. aquarian1
  13. Lady Calypso
  14. TJtrack99
  15. Lisin
  16. OinkyBoinky
  17. Dougal
  18. The Crazed Spruce
  19. caprice
  • Love 3

The fixed time limit is great, I enjoyed that in the Xena game also.  I guess my only wishlist item would be that instead of having a last-minute voting period with no discussion where people switch votes, to instead have a specified end-time (and maybe a 2-hour warning?) and whatever the votes are at that time is what the votes are.  A little frustrating to watch the votes get switched and not being able to say "But you're probably voting for the Tanner!" for the 43rd time. ;)

You would feel differently if/when you are the Tanner ;)

• Love 2

1.     MarkHB

CuriousParker

Drogo

SilverStormm

Athena

MuuMuuChainsmoker

Jesse

Machiabelly

saoirse

SVNBob

Firearcher

aquarian1

Lady Calypso

TJtrack99

Lisin

OinkyBoinky

Dougal

The Crazed Spruce

caprice

HangedMan

• Love 1
  •     MarkHB
  •     CuriousParker
  •     Drogo
  •     SilverStormm
  •     Athena
  •     MuuMuuChainsmoker
  •     Jesse
  •     Machiabelly
  •     saoirse
  •     SVNBob
  •     Firearcher
  •     aquarian1
  •     Lady Calypso
  •     TJtrack99
  •     Lisin
  •     OinkyBoinky
  •     Dougal
  •     The Crazed Spruce
  •     caprice
  •     HangedMan
  •     BizBuzz

Sorry to hear about your furbaby caprice, ugh.

• Love 1

Holy hell, it's a Lisin tribute account.

Welcome aboard, Ser Onion Knight

HAAAAAA!!! I WAS JUST GOING TO SAY THAT! Sorry for shouting! Welcome Onion Knight! (FYI We played a GoT game a while back and I was... well... you... hence the joke going on here.) 

Also? Holy shit y'all, I just went to find my (ahem) epic death rant from that game and that was almost a YEAR ago! I can't believe it! 

• Love 4

Thanks, everyone, for the condolences. She was actually my mother's cat (I'm visiting for a week), but I'm the one who found her 13 years ago at my sister's house when she was just an abandoned kitten. I'd have taken her in if I could have, but she's been well-loved by all the family (except by my BIL, but that's a separate issue...).

Mom and I buried her last night, then today planted some sweet primroses above her. Boy kitty has been very sad.

• Love 3

1.       MarkHB
2.       CuriousParker
3.       Drogo
4.       SilverStormm
5.       Athena
6.       MuuMuuChainsmoker
7.       Jesse
8.       Machiabelly
9.       saoirse
10.     SVNBob
11.     Firearcher
12.     aquarian1
13.     Lady Calypso
14.     TJtrack99
15.     Lisin
16.     OinkyBoinky
17.     Dougal
18.     The Crazed Spruce
19.     caprice
20.     HangedMan
21.     BizBuzz
22.     The Onion Knight

23.     Deadpool

Hi All.

Long time lurker, decided to join and sign up to Mafia as I noticed a couple of other newbies had joined.

• Love 7