Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Is This the Man Who Made the Earth Tremble

• Start Topic

35 minutes ago, Aileen said:

Did not see that ending coming.

Seemed pretty obvious.  Scotty and Lucy kept calling each other by their names but they wouldn’t say the kids name.

Jesse like other McBride characters gaslights his minions to do his bidding.

Its probably not the first time in the Rodeo for the Gemstones siblings and breaking the law.  They don’t seem too shocked at looking at footage of those attempted murders — and they only turned out to be attempted murders because the blackmailers unexpectedly survived being run over repeatedly.

So Lucy destroyed the only copy?  Bet Gideon has a copy or knows how to get more incriminating material on his dad.

• Love 6

Ah, so they've already revealed who the blackmailer is and it looks like is Gideon, the son that Jesse has more or less disowned.  I actually didn't figure it out until around the fight scene, and did I remember them saying he was trying to be a stuntman.  Curious to see why he wants to bring Jesse down, although I'm sure he has plenty of good reasons for it.  Cool seeing Skyler Gisondo (Santa Clara Diet, Booksmart) again.

Like seeing more of Jesse's lackeys, even if they certainly aren't the brightest bulbs here.

Kind of surprised Eli/John Goodman is kind of taking a backseat for now, but I imagine he'll play a bigger part later on.

Jesse and Judy fighting over how much money they give back to the church and how much they keep for themselves, only for it to end with them just cutting out the church and splitting it between them, is certainly par for the course with them!  As it poor Kelvin not even being part of the discussion.

Can't wait for next week.  Vice Principals reunion!

• Love 7

I guess everyone who guessed that Gideon was behind the blackmail was right. It really didn't occur to me that it might be him when he took off his mask because I was just so delighted to see the kid from the Santa Clarita Diet in another show. 

• Love 6

Is it my imagination or is every lackey a person of color?

And they're shown as dim and easily bullied by Jesse.

Do these big televangelist outfits have a big diverse congregation?  I guess they will take grift money from anyone.

Edited by scrb

Really liking this show!

I loved Skylar Gisondo on Santa Clarita Diet (I’m still bitter that it’s canceled..). So I was happy to see him pop up on this show. I did guess that he was Gideon when they weren’t calling him by name. 

Does anyone know who played Lucy? I couldn’t find her character listed on IMDB.com.

10 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Really liking this show!

I loved Skylar Gisondo on Santa Clarita Diet (I’m still bitter that it’s canceled..). So I was happy to see him pop up on this show. I did guess that he was Gideon when they weren’t calling him by name. 

Does anyone know who played Lucy? I couldn’t find her character listed on IMDB.com.

He was also good in Vacation playing the older brother who gets constantly tortured by the younger brother. He is really good at comedy.

• Love 2
On 8/26/2019 at 9:09 AM, thuganomics85 said:

Curious to see why he wants to bring Jesse down, although I'm sure he has plenty of good reasons for it.  

I imagine it's for being a hypocritical, self-righteous bastard towards his family. Him ragging on his wife for being dishonest and talking to their kid while he's trying to avoid blackmail over footage of him snorting coke at a big tits/tiny weeners orgy and literally prepares to kill to hush it up doesn't seem out of the norm to me. The middlw son obviously has his number by now as well. I'm more curious about how Gideon got that recording. Someone present there must have sent it to him, but why? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 8/26/2019 at 2:25 AM, sheetmoss said:

Liked the sight gag of the testicle hanging out of Keefe's shorts while weight lifting in full view of Kelvin

The actor who plays this character played the Jack Black teacher character on the TV version of "School of Rock", so it's funny to see him in this decidedly non-Nickelodeon-esque role.

I noticed in the "on the upcoming season" commercial that his "School of Rock" costar Jade Pettyjohn is appearing in a future episode as well. 

Anthony Cavalero's character looks as if he's on the brink of a nervous breakdown. Which seems to be in line with what this show is offering.

Playing it back, I was listening to Eli, talking in his sermon, about how to deal with snakes from a biblical POV. Then, near the end, handling a rattler that got into his home. Seems to me a metaphor as to how he's going to deal with what he's got going in his own empire.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Edited by Victor the Crab
  • Love 1
On 8/26/2019 at 8:08 PM, Duke2801 said:

I just started watching this show today and as soon as I saw Lucy I knew she was someone but couldn't place it so I checked IMDb lol. She was played by Virginia Gardner, who I knew as Karolina in Runaways.

On 11/18/2021 at 6:25 PM, peachmangosteen said:

She was played by Virginia Gardner, who I knew as Karolina in Runaways.

Gardner was so good in the 2018 Halloween film. She had a delightful rapport with the kid she was babysitting, and obviously had a flair for comedy and an interesting voice, besides being beautiful. It's rare for someone to really "pop" in that kind of movie, where you get attached to the character. And she was playing one of the supporting young people (the girl having trouble closing the closet door in the trailer), so...you know. 

So I was happy to see her in Gemstones, albeit first masked, then covered in bandages. I wish she'd stuck around.

• Love 1