Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E40: Angel & Antonio

GaT

Original AIrdate 08/21/19

Laura joins Nev to help Angel find her online love, Antonio. He claims to live in Angel’s small town, yet is never able to meet her! It’s clear Antonio is keeping a major secret, but will the truth be more than Angel can handle.

I haven't gotten through the whole 2 hours yet.  They just met "Antonio"......all I have to say to it all is...tsk, tsk, tsk because I have no words.  None for Angel and none for "Antonio".  Maybe I will see the rest of it because they both must be scamming Nev and us.  

• Love 2

**Alert** The show is actually not 2 hours long.  They have tacked some other kind of show about finding out why someone ghosted you...something like that.  I am deleting the whole mess, not looking at another go round of foolishness.  

• Love 3
(edited)

Another extremely stupid girl. I really find it hard to feel sorry for people as stupid as Angel.

As lasandi has already told everyone, the 2nd hour is a show about being ghosted. I've got it on, so I guess I'm watching it.

Just finished watching Ghosted. Not interested.

Edited by GaT
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, GaT said:

Another extremely stupid girl. I really find it hard to feel sorry for people as stupid as Angel.

Single mother, no job, parents are dead.  She's not smart and she's very, very lonely.  We keep seeing that combination come up again and again.   She's pitiful and needs someone with some sense in her life to help her.

Antonio isn't smart either and he's a sociopath.   He knew Angel's situation and still took her last $10 from her.   Took what little she had over and over again, all the while playing on her loneliness, naivety, and lack of intelligence.  He's evil.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, lasandi said:

**Alert** The show is actually not 2 hours long.  They have tacked some other kind of show about finding out why someone ghosted you...something like that.  I am deleting the whole mess, not looking at another go round of foolishness.  

Just watched "Ghosted". Possibly the worst TV show ever made in the history of TV shows, and that's saying something.  I "ghosted" that show forever.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Gotta say, they saved the best for the season finale.  This is classic Catfish.  We got someone who absolutely isn't who they said they were, previously unknown to the victim(s), scamming multiple gullible catfishees.  Then the final catfish moment - the VIEWERS are catfished to think we are getting a two-hour episode only to find out we have been swindled into watching NOT-Catfish!  Bravo, Nev/MTV, Bravo!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I occasionally get friend requests on Facebook from very, VERY good looking men, or soldiers, or sometimes they're one and the same 🙂 I am older and have watched this show and know better - if I don't know you and we have no mutual friends and you have no history showing, you are instantly deleted - but if I was young and unsure and lonely and not so popular or pretty (as I was as a teen) - I can see how it could happen. It is flattering to think such a handsome guy wants to be friends, and even now I hate to delete the soldiers, even though I know they are fakes, lol. I have met a very good RL friend through FB - we had one mutual friend at the time, someone who is in a band and has many "friends" he does not really know - and my son has many, many virtual friends... I don't know. People do build real relationships through social media. I can see falling for it, at least at first, and after a while you're invested and sucked in and simply want to believe. Perhaps I am too trusting and naive.

That said, and I truly don't mean to be catty - it does astound me how these very average looking people believe that these real lookers are in love with them. I know there are such things as inner beauty, wit, charm, great personalities, etc but at that doesn't generally count for a whole lot, particularly at a younger age...

• Love 8
8 hours ago, scootypuffjr said:

That said, and I truly don't mean to be catty - it does astound me how these very average looking people believe that these real lookers are in love with them. I know there are such things as inner beauty, wit, charm, great personalities, etc but at that doesn't generally count for a whole lot, particularly at a younger age...

It's sad but true. You see these people & they're overweight & unattractive, & somehow they believe a really hot  "model" is interested in them. Then of course when they finally meet the "model" & find out that they are just as overweight & unattractive as they are, then suddenly they aren't in love anymore.  

• Love 8

BAHAHAAAAAAAA 😂😂

GIVE. ME. A. BREAK!! Ooh. She looked up the club's fb page, she's so smart! NOT! She didn't look thru his fb pics & find his insta. She accepted the bs. So dumb! Focus on raising your kid! Seems like some of last episode spilled into this one. Cheri... a "wife"... How the HELL did Kap NOT know his name?? GTFOH

• Love 1

Maxxxxxxx!!!! Please come back to Catfish!!!!! Please!!!!! 

OK...got that out of my system...sorry. It's just too painful to watch this show anymore especially when Nev is dying his hair a puke blonde shade and he brings his annoying wife along for the entire show and she also is using the same bottle blonde shade on her hair. Nev looked ridiculous.

It's hard for me to watch women like Angel believe all the crap some stranger says to her and then sends him money that she needs to support her child. Worse, she gives him her address! I just don't understand how people can be so careless and stupid. She's lucky this guy wasn't a psychopath.

The "Ghosting" show needs tweaking...actually, a lot of tweaking. The guy hosting it reminds me of Tyler from Teen Mom.

• Love 2
On 8/22/2019 at 10:08 AM, terrymct said:

He knew Angel's situation and still took her last $10 from her. 

On 8/24/2019 at 2:15 PM, kicksave said:

It's hard for me to watch women like Angel believe all the crap some stranger says to her and then sends him money that she needs to support her child. Worse, she gives him her address! I just don't understand how people can be so careless and stupid. She's lucky this guy wasn't a psychopath.

Truly. I just don't get it.  She said that she had given him literally her last $10, so, I guess we know the relative importance of her child! (The child will feel super great when they watch this sh*tshow and find that out.)  And why do these people think that the best and only place to meet this this guy-who-I-have-never-met-and-know-nothing-about-IRL, is my house, where he will have closed-door access to everything I own, to me and my body, and to my child and his/her body.

On 8/24/2019 at 7:24 AM, cooksdelight said:

This show truly exemplifies how shallow people are. It is definitely looks before and above anything else.

On 8/24/2019 at 2:10 AM, GaT said:

It's sad but true. You see these people & they're overweight & unattractive, & somehow they believe a really hot  "model" is interested in them. Then of course when they finally meet the "model" & find out that they are just as overweight & unattractive as they are, then suddenly they aren't in love anymore.  

One thing I missed (or maybe they did it and I just don't remember the result) was have the discussion about how much stuff they'd be OK with if the person was lying...what if it just wasn't their picture but everything else was true?  what if it's just that they don't really have a kid?  what if they don't live in Valdosta?  I like it when they go on record for that beforehand, so we can see how they throw that all out the window when the person doesn't look like the model they thought they had been talking with.

• Love 2

I missed most of this show but somehow saw the first (I think it was first) Ghosted show.  I knew how it was going to turn out like halfway through.  Either bad editing, bad story, bad acting?  Then the next Ghosted came up, some struggling comic in NYC.  Oh the girl was the love of his life, he'd do anything to get her back.  Except, no he didn't.  She may have been a little sensitive, but he seemed like a first class jerk.  I think he went on the show to get his 10 minutes of fame (not even 15 minutes, because the show stunk).  

Catfish is Masterpiece Theatre in comparison (low bar of comparison but Ghosted is way too cliché and formula driven).  

• Love 2
21 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

I missed most of this show but somehow saw the first (I think it was first) Ghosted show.  I knew how it was going to turn out like halfway through.  Either bad editing, bad story, bad acting?  Then the next Ghosted came up, some struggling comic in NYC.  Oh the girl was the love of his life, he'd do anything to get her back.  Except, no he didn't.  She may have been a little sensitive, but he seemed like a first class jerk.  I think he went on the show to get his 10 minutes of fame (not even 15 minutes, because the show stunk).  

Catfish is Masterpiece Theatre in comparison (low bar of comparison but Ghosted is way too cliché and formula driven).  

I came here searching to see if this show was being talked about here. I watched the first two and it's garbage. The comic was a wishy washy, weirdo that looks like David Berkowitz. Awful hair, weird personality. He gave me a stalker vibe. Good for Jordan to lose that creep. 

• Love 1
On 8/22/2019 at 10:08 AM, terrymct said:

Antonio isn't smart either and he's a sociopath.   He knew Angel's situation and still took her last $10 from her.   Took what little she had over and over again, all the while playing on her loneliness, naivety, and lack of intelligence.  He's evil.

Why does everything have to be a diagnosis?  Antonio probably saw it as easy money.  He probably tells himself that it's okay because it's not like he's stealing little old lady's pocketbooks.

I wonder if he still works in that club.