Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: I'm a Little Muskrat on a Mission

• Start Topic

Airs August 6, 2019

The race leads to Saskatoon, where some teams find themselves stuck and others dance around the problem.

If this was intended as a redemption edit for Dave & Irina after last week's massacre, it didn't really work for me.  I can totally see why the other teams would go along with "let's all get along" when they're all travelling together as a tight group, but I would, I admit, be rolling my eyes a lot more than they did at the notion that they somehow needed to adjust their attitude to D&I. I wonder if any of the men in the group are actually physically intimidated by Dave given his build and martial arts background. To his credit, I haven't seen him try to use that.

Aarthy was on high whine mode, but I think we may be beginning to see some real Killer Fatigue across the board.  Anthony & James impress with their consistent good humour, which doesn't seem like a forced act like, say, "Team Fun" from the American version.

Any one of those tasks, except possibly the first-toss part of the lacrosse, would have likely defeated me or put me into an anxious spin, so I'm perfectly happy to sit back and watch (on the whole) competent and (on the whole) likeable people do them instead!

• Love 3

I wonder given the severe hearing impairment, why Trish and Amy would have chosen the dancing task. I may have missed a moment when the explained their decision vs. the maze? They are certainly born under a lucky star to be saved by a NEL twice.

I feel like 90% of the Dave and Irina problem is Irina. She's essentially useless and incredibly spoiled. And she believes she's god's gift.

Also I just love Anthony and James. I hope they're getting the winners edit.

Edited by zibnchy
  • Love 8

I'm torn between wanting Dave and Irina punted ASAP, or having them make it to the end, only to come in second. (I think to them, second would be an even worse fate than third.) The pouting at the final map would be epic.

If TARC maintains the same regulations as TAR US, then at some point Irina will need to step up and attempt tasks - Dave cannot do all the road blocks, for example. That, or they continue to take penalties...

• Love 3
20 hours ago, zibnchy said:

I feel like 90% of the Dave and Irina problem is Irina. She's essentially useless and incredibly spoiled. And she believes she's god's gift.

I would say at least 65% is Irina, but Dave isn't a saint either. He's gotten quite nasty, himself. He may be carrying the team, but he hasn't been nice to the other teams at all. He's the one who "cheated" last episode, not Irina. And I swear he's muttered stuff about the other teams under his breath a couple of times.

Anthony/James are fantastic. I love their little quips and I very much enjoy how great they are at the race. 

Ok, the maze task looked like something that I would both love and be frustrated at. I don't blame Aarthy for losing it a bit. Race Fatigue is a real thing and it was clear that this leg was not made for Aarthy with her already in a bad mood from Irina. I can excuse her losing it one time. She was whining, which isn't pleasant to hear, but not overly nasty. If it continues to happen, then I'm open to criticizing her, but not with this one leg. She pulled it together after the maze task, anyway.

Poor Moms. They got lucky with another NEL, but I wish they had chosen the maze task. That one is more of a luck thing with some strategy involved, but at least you can basically run through the maze and get out much faster than trying to memorize steps and a script. 

The lacrosse task was super simple, it seems. 

I'm still rooting for Sarah and Sam, but Anthony/James just replaced Aarthy/Thinesh in my number two spot.

Dave/Irina are just awful. They're not even fun villains to watch. They just piss me off. I got such a kick out of them falling behind, but they didn't fall behind enough.

• Love 4

I'm hoping for a James & Anthony win, They aced that entire leg, and they are very likable and self aware also.  I would like for Thinesh & Aarthy, James and Sarah to be in the final three also, tho I don't mind the other teams except for Irina and Dave, just overall nasty arrogant people, that I don't need to see on my tv. 

I would have paniked in that maze also, as I'm easily frustrated, plus she knew that all the other teams had left, and could likely imagine Irina gloating about them getting sent home.  

23 hours ago, zibnchy said:

They are charming, and James has such a cute face I smile every time I see it.

My favourite thing in this episode was the overhead view of the maze with the status of each team. It was fascinating to see the cameraman following the team from that perspective.

Regarding Dave and Irina, at least they seem to appreciate each other and treat each other well? I hated them slightly less this episode than last, partly because the preview frankly overhyped the team conflict. What they showed us this week was not quite as bad as I expected. But I still want them to finish no higher than 4th.

I didn't mind the lacrosse task, but they could have done more with it. If it had been placed before the detour, they could have set it up so that 2 teams had to work together to complete it. (But I am on record as liking the concept of the face off and I was always disappointed that the Intersection didn't survive in the US version.)

On 8/8/2019 at 7:40 AM, Lady Calypso said:

Anthony/James are fantastic. I love their little quips and I very much enjoy how great they are at the race. 

These 2 are my favorite team of all the Amazing Races, of all times. Hope they win, they deserve it. No fighting, no whining (I'm looking at you Aarthy) and they get along with everyone. I do love Aarthy and her fiance, who's name I can't remember and if Anthony/James don't win, I would be ok with Miss Aarthy and her partner to win.

• Love 2
On 8/7/2019 at 11:35 AM, RunningMarket said:

I wonder given the severe hearing impairment, why Trish and Amy would have chosen the dancing task. I may have missed a moment when the explained their decision vs. the maze? They are certainly born under a lucky star to be saved by a NEL twice.

Well, the Tims also got 2 NELs and then won the whole shebang, so anything's possible.

The maze definitely seemed to be faster, but at least all the square dancing people weren't sitting there the whole day with nothing to do.  Whenever there's a detour involving people that nobody does, I always feel bad for them.  They must be so excited to be on the show and prepare everything, and then nobody does it.

On 8/7/2019 at 12:43 PM, zibnchy said:

On 8/8/2019 at 9:40 AM, Lady Calypso said:

I would say at least 65% is Irina, but Dave isn't a saint either. He's gotten quite nasty, himself. He may be carrying the team, but he hasn't been nice to the other teams at all. He's the one who "cheated" last episode, not Irina. And I swear he's muttered stuff about the other teams under his breath a couple of times.

Yeah, I think that I'm leaning more to the 65% than the 90%, but I think we all agree that Irina is more insufferable than Dave.

On 8/7/2019 at 12:43 PM, zibnchy said:

On 8/8/2019 at 9:40 AM, Lady Calypso said:

I am really enjoying them too.  I hope they make final 3 and would be fine with them winning it all.

Edited by aemom
White space is your friend
On 8/7/2019 at 1:20 PM, RunningMarket said:

If TARC maintains the same regulations as TAR US, then at some point Irina will need to step up and attempt tasks - Dave cannot do all the road blocks, for example. That, or they continue to take penalties...

Then definitely follow the same regulations, however the problem with those two is that the roadblock penalties they've taken have been on tasks that Irina was meant to do. So I guess it's considered that she's accomplished them? But she definitely bails on doing everything lately.