Type keyword(s) to search

Naked And Afraid - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 3/20/2023 at 2:15 PM, Cobb Salad said:

For the last half hour I had to mute the audio since I was tired of hearing her whining.  

You're stronger than I am.  I so much didn't care if she made it that I turned it off.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, AZChristian said:

You're stronger than I am.  I so much didn't care if she made it that I turned it off.

Yeah ive noticed that Ive been tuning out the last hour so far on all the new 2hr eps.  Did it with the 4 dudes and the eps before them.  I will say i am really  enjoying the Solo series.  I like how theyre doing it with them all around the world with the individuals all at once and not one ep  at a time.  I think Cheeny played a smart game, and Tessa or Tressa, played a stuuuuuuuupid game.  I think the macho was overruling anything else lol and they paid for it dearly.

• Like 1

@ForumLou it’s Terra and I agree that was a dumb decision.  I was thinking “just take it and pretend you didn’t” as in ignore it until it may be needed.  Other than that I’m enjoying watching the solo episodes much more than the regular Naked and Afraid.  Cheeny is a rock star but they left us thinking she’s going to tap next time because of the cold.  I really wonder about that since that’s how they ended the episode.  I’m rooting for Jamie to make the 21 days since he got a bad deal last time in the XL.  

Looking forward to seeing Shanika and James in their challenges.  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Cobb Salad said:

@ForumLou it’s Terra and I agree that was a dumb decision.  I was thinking “just take it and pretend you didn’t” as in ignore it until it may be needed.  Other than that I’m enjoying watching the solo episodes much more than the regular Naked and Afraid.  Cheeny is a rock star but they left us thinking she’s going to tap next time because of the cold.  I really wonder about that since that’s how they ended the episode.  I’m rooting for Jamie to make the 21 days since he got a bad deal last time in the XL.  

Looking forward to seeing Shanika and James in their challenges.  

Yep exactly!  Now they have to make the trek all the way back and try and find it. Biggest rookie mistake ever, even though is not quite a rookie.  Im rooting for Fernando too.  I bet this will be part of the next XL cast.  They needed some new blood.  I can def see Cheeny on an XL

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ForumLou said:

Yep exactly!  Now they have to make the trek all the way back and try and find it. Biggest rookie mistake ever, even though is not quite a rookie.  Im rooting for Fernando too.  I bet this will be part of the next XL cast.  They needed some new blood.  I can def see Cheeny on an XL

That would be great.  Dump Jeff and add Fernie.

• Like 1

Re: last night’s episode - at first I thought watching 2 hours with 3 people surviving was going to be better than last week, but after Dallas tapped 3 days in, it was painful to watch.  Sean seems like a really nice guy but I don’t think he was really made for this challenge, especially when the wild animal was showing interest in their shelter in the dark.  This type of stuff has happened other times in the show and while it’s happening you don’t know how it’s going to turn out but I wonder if he took that in to account before doing the show.  On the other hand Heather IMO started out ok then she starts belittling Sean for what he’s doing, as in only boiling water, etc.  Then she complains about the food he brought her.   I’m not sure if I’d be happy seeing her again … maybe they’d pair her with Trish the do nothing, then maybe I’d watch 😆

The solo episode was far more interesting to watch - I was pretty sure Cheeny wasn’t going to tap and I’m glad I was right.  All it took was some more work on her shelter.  We didn’t see Jamie or Fernando this time but we saw both James and Shanika for the first time and with both it seems like we got truncated versions of their challenges - I guess it was all “I can’t find food” type of stuff and no real drama because they were both saying how they haven’t eaten in days.  

• Like 1

Heather was pretty awful. As soon as she met her partners, she ignored Sean and glommed onto the muscle bound quitter. When he quit, she said ‘don’t leave me all alone’. She had a really high opinion of herself and felt she was doing everything, but she only brought in a couple of meals, lost all the hooks, and lost the fish Sean caught. Not a fan at all. How dare she belittle him for keeping  then in water, fire, and firewood? Not cool at all.

• Like 3
On 3/27/2023 at 9:00 AM, Cobb Salad said:

Re: last night’s episode - at first I thought watching 2 hours with 3 people surviving was going to be better than last week, but after Dallas tapped 3 days in, it was painful to watch.  Sean seems like a really nice guy but I don’t think he was really made for this challenge, especially when the wild animal was showing interest in their shelter in the dark.  This type of stuff has happened other times in the show and while it’s happening you don’t know how it’s going to turn out but I wonder if he took that in to account before doing the show.  On the other hand Heather IMO started out ok then she starts belittling Sean for what he’s doing, as in only boiling water, etc.  Then she complains about the food he brought her.   I’m not sure if I’d be happy seeing her again … maybe they’d pair her with Trish the do nothing, then maybe I’d watch 😆

The solo episode was far more interesting to watch - I was pretty sure Cheeny wasn’t going to tap and I’m glad I was right.  All it took was some more work on her shelter.  We didn’t see Jamie or Fernando this time but we saw both James and Shanika for the first time and with both it seems like we got truncated versions of their challenges - I guess it was all “I can’t find food” type of stuff and no real drama because they were both saying how they haven’t eaten in days.  

Ive been enjoying Shanika more now than originally.  I like her spirituality and i think that will pull her through.  Esp getting that big catfish

• Like 1
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Thoroughly enjoyed the episode with the two N&A medics.

I enjoyed it too.  It was nice to watch 2 people actually get along well for the 21 days.  They did catch a break by finding a good place to shelter without having to build much.  

• Like 1

Re: last night’s episode with Joe and Candice, thankfully it was only an hour.  Another over confident person who ended up quitting after a few days over pretty much nothing - hasn’t Candice ever seen the show?  Hunting takes patience.  Joe had to have been one of the nicest people I’ve ever seen on this show - how could he have made it almost the entire time without eating anything.  Interesting there wasn’t that last minute food find right before extraction.  I thought it was funny how he was yelling for Cheetos (or whatever) at the end - I was hoping that production had some food waiting for him after his ride back!

Cannot stand Omar- he lost me the second he woke Raven and whined to switch places with him because he was getting bitten by mosquitoes. I’m sure people will say that she was bossy and he’s a saint, but sorry- he would not let her finish a sentence from day one and he left her alone without a fire started or a machete. 

Neither one of them will win any awards for teamwork.  She just seemed to be really determined to have things her way and no other.  I don't blame her for not switching places, but it seemed like Omar's very existence was an affront to her.  

I'm amazed they both made it through, but I think it was because neither would tap out and allow the other to outlast them.  

Not a fun episode to watch, IMO.

• Like 2

I thought Raven was just an unreasonable motormouth. She would ask Omar a question and then keep talking. When he tried to answer her question she attacked him for interrupting her!  She gives us only children a bad name. 
I’m not saying Omar was right all the time either, but he did offer Raven food and started the way for them to make amends. It’s a good thing this was a two week challenge because I’m pretty sure one of them would have used the machete on the other and had them for dinner. 

• Like 2

They both annoyed the living snot out of me. She seemed like she was looking for a reason to be angry. At first, I agreed with her. He was not listening to her and he was talking over her. These are two hot button issues I have as well. But later, she also misinterpreted things he was saying and didn't try to listen to him explain himself. For his part? He was defensive and constantly talked over her. Then he lost me when he actually woke her up to whine about being bitten by mosquitos. I have to admit I zoned out most of the way through. 

• Like 1
On 3/20/2023 at 2:15 PM, Cobb Salad said:

Re: last night’s episode in the Kalahari Desert, boy was that woman annoying.  Her survival skills don’t include having ever killed anything so that put pressure on her partner.  There didn’t seem to be anywhere to fish since they were in the desert so who knows if she would have been ok fishing.  I didn’t like how wishy washy she was over tapping or not (well, if it rains I want to leave), while he was ready to leave it’s like a minute later she’s going to stay, but he’s still going to leave and she’s ticked off.  For the last half hour I had to mute the audio since I was tired of hearing her whining.  If Naked and Afraid Alone wasn’t on afterwards I would have changed the channel.  It’s a miracle she made it to day 21.  

AGREED!  So awful, that I let my husband change the channel to news the last 20 minutes.  What a pair of whiners!

• Like 1

Fan challenge was pretty easy for those guys.  Miley was super peppy and the guy was good (can't remember his name.  Began with a J maybe?)

I did find it amusing that of the three times they showed him emptying the fish trap, the camera only focused on what came out when there was actually something in the trap, almost like they knew... 🙃

• Like 3
1 hour ago, madmax said:

Fan challenge was pretty easy for those guys.  Miley was super peppy and the guy was good (can't remember his name.  Began with a J maybe?)

I think his name was John.  Anyway, I liked the pairing and overall it was a good episode.  It seemed like they were both well prepared and enthusiastic about the challenge.  

• Like 4
(edited)

New season begins Sunday, February 18th at 8/7c

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2024/01/19/new-season-of-naked-and-afraid-premieres-sunday-february-18-at-8pm-et-pt-on-discovery-channel-839412/20240119discovery01/

Man-eating crocodiles, aggressive hippos and toxic frogs await a new group of survivalists when NAKED AND AFRAID debuts Sunday, February 18 at 8PM ET/PT on Discovery Channel. Throughout the series, the participants must overcome their personal struggles and face the raw brutality of nature without easy access to food, water or clothing.

In the premiere episode, a hunter and a farmer pool their knowledge as they attempt to survive 21 days in South Africa. But when the wildlife proves too stealthy to hunt, the survivalists take a life-threatening risk for food.

Later this season, two veteran fan-favorite survivalists return to mentor two newcomers in an all-women tribe's challenge in Colombia; a pair of Naked and Afraid critics use their armchair survival knowledge to attempt to make it through a 14-day fan challenge; and a survivalist must cope with menstruation in the middle of the African bush. Scarce food resources and mosquito-infested tropics are just the beginning of what lies ahead for these survivalists.

Edited by Aaron4102
  • Like 2

I enjoyed last night's new episode.  Cole and Shell were a great team who worked so well together. They both had great skill sets and the respect they showed for each other was refreshing.  I do think their ending PSRs should've been higher though. I'd be happy to see them on another challenge. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Same here. I enjoyed watching 2 competent people for 2 hours who seemed to get along well during the 21 days.   At the start when Shell said “I’m not looking to make Africa my bitch” I figured she was tough enough to make it through.  

The only thing that bothered me was Cole letting Shell eat both catfish - thinking about it later I guess he did it knowing his own limitations while trying to help someone who he practically just met and really didn’t know that well make it to the end.   Thankfully later he was able to score a big kill for the both of them.  

• Like 2
2 hours ago, suzeecat said:

Cole was an excellent hunter, and not even close to one "THIS IS WHAT I LIVE FOR"!  I'd have them back for an XL season. 

I would be very fine with not ever having to hear Jeff shout that phrase ever again.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Well, I missed the first new episode and kind of watched it afterwards. I just find myself being distracted easily while watching because the thrill is gone. N&A just doesn’t do it for me like it used to. Another show ruined by overzealous production’s interference which takes away from the naturally evolved “realism” these reality shows are supposed to be all about.

So, this Sunday I made sure to remember it was on.

Again I was distracted by little nothings (I read a lot while watching) and was not captivated by N&A’s offering this week either.

I was grossed out by the one Australian girls “free bleeding” and her getting so into it and non stop yap about it. How it was so spiritually connecting her to the earth and whatever she was yapping about on and on and on. 

The poor other girl with her (I dont even know their names because like I said, this show is not captivating me anymore) was subjected to her leaving her bodily fluids all over the area they shared and listening to her obsessively go on and on about her big spiritual breakthroughs just because she refused to use a tampon. 

It all again, seemed producer pushed. Clues were the big focus on it and having the 2 women and the 2 men start out in different areas because whats her face was having her period and they were going to make a big deal out of it and her big journey of spiritual epiphanies while soiling her team mates area with her blood all over the place. 

It was just downright gross and a bunch of new age claptrap in my opinion. The men would have been really grossed out and offended so they made sure she had moved on from her time of the month before uniting them. 

I just wanted to smack her smiling delusional airy fairy face while she talked endlessly to the poor camera men about her lack of personal hygiene and selfishness to the other womans preferences about their shared living space and what the other woman must have had to deal with playing hop scotch where ever she stepped, or sat. 

It completely tuned me out from watching with interest. 

Maybe I will watch it again with more concentration to keep focus on it and not my reading material, but I don’t know about that! 🙄🤢🤮

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

I was grossed out too @SassyCat .  With the number of women who have previously appeared on the show I can’t believe they’re having one talk about that time of the month only now.  I remember seeing something online a while back about what they do in these cases so I’m sure it’s happened before, they just didn’t talk about it during the show.

I was paying attention most of the time although I fell asleep towards the end so I missed the extraction.  

A difference I’m seeing so far vs last season is they have some fairly competent people, no one has proclaimed how great they’re going to do then tap out 2 days later.  At least that one guy made it halfway before tapping. 

• Like 4

Another vote against the "free bleeder".  I was confused as she kept going back and forth between being "an empowered woman harnessing the power of the universe" to "I need to conserve my precious energy for this amazing thing my body is doing".  Get over yerself, sister! 

The bellowing of formidable, victorious hunters returned and I did a double take when the one guy tapped because of lack of sleep.  I know what lack of sleep does to me so I don't doubt he was feeling out of sorts. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, suzeecat said:

Another vote against the "free bleeder".  I was confused as she kept going back and forth between being "an empowered woman harnessing the power of the universe" to "I need to conserve my precious energy for this amazing thing my body is doing".  Get over yerself, sister! 

Can you imagine when she has to take a couple of days off work every month to conserve her precious energy?  Most companies would say, "You can now conserve your energy 365 days per year.  You're fired!"

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Free bleeding Britt turned me off as well.  And while I know that the menstrual cycle can affect women differently - I used to get horrifying cramps on day 2 - it seemed like she was bed ridden her entire period.  If I was Sara, I would have done more than make a funny face as Britt talked about how she was empowering herself by bleeding all over the place.

Speaking of Sara, why bring bow & arrow if you don't have the patience to sit in the blind and wait for the prey?  Multiple times she said or alluded to not realizing how much she'd have to wait.

The guys weren't bad; I get the lack of sleep thing and Viking guy wasn't bad. 

Looks like next week will be a good one.

• Like 2

Last night's episode was awesome.  They didn't get much food, but they worked at it.  Even seeing the vegetarian agree to partake of some meat because she knew she needed the protein was a welcome change from what we sometimes see.

Gabby and Ky are still strong women.  I was so impressed with Gabby at the end when she said, "I found out that I am patient, and I am kind."  Lots of self-realization with no ego . . . from any of them.

One of my favorite episodes of N&A.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Gabby and Ky are still strong women.  I was so impressed with Gabby at the end when she said, "I found out that I am patient, and I am kind."  Lots of self-realization with no ego . . . from any of them.

One of my favorite episodes of N&A.

I agree.  It was nice to see people we haven’t seen too much of either, plus they all got along well!   During the segment where they are all eating the armadillo I think I heard Ky say “it doesn’t taste like chicken” which I found funny, since whenever people eat something strange the comparison always seems to be that it tastes like chicken, 😆 

I also do not blame Elise (I think that was her name?) for being hesitant with eating the armadillo meat, I don’t think that’s on the list of meat that  lot of people would like to eat.  Too bad they couldn’t catch that snake, it might have been easier to deal with eating, who knows.  

• Like 3
(edited)

So it was on again tonight, right? I didn’t even tune in tonight to maybe listen to it in the background. Last time I watched-ish, was the last one I commented on. 

I noticed then that they were being given soft hay grass for bedding again, like I noticed it secretly supplied to the contestants during Last One Standing. Dan was strolling down the path chatting with someone else, a contestant .. l forget who now, carrying what looked like a chunk torn off a bale tucked under his arm. 

The bleeder was sitting on her soft hay playing with stray straws of it while she pretended she was in too delicate of a condition to help with the work that needed to be done. You can bet she didn’t go cut any grass down and dry it to golden color for the soft area it was spread out on for her to lounge on. 

They are making surviving cushier and cushier for the N&A’ers. Magically having animal “protein” appear in their traps, or deep sea fish flopping on the in shore sand of the beach. A huge beautiful trigger fish like that is never near the shores edge, much less still shining with dampness, inland, in the sun. The pig Bulent also caught finally didn’t look like it worked too hard to get out of that snare, which you know would have fought for its life, squealing up a storm. 

Now they don’t even have to cut their own grasses down for bedding. 

I am sure they are grateful and I sure would be too if it were me doing this survival stretch out there and I feel kind of bad begrudging this help to them. It’s just that it is really getting noticeably less real each season, which is why it was interesting in the first place.

Edited by SassyCat
  • Like 1

I would say that this episode was the closest I've seen anyone come to tapping on the way to extraction!  I was surprised that Sunny didn't lose more weight (was it just 6 lbs?), but maybe she just didn't have any to lose to begin with.  I think their shelter looked quite comfortable, with the little bench outside, etc.  I only caught about 15% of what the guy said thanks to his accent, and wondered if Sunny was just nodding and agreeing because she didn't want to keep asking him to repeat.  They were a well-matched team and I was happy to see them complete the challenge.  The wedding footage was a sweet bonus. 

• Like 1

Naked with a Stranger at the Spa.

That's what last night's episode was, compared to the others.  They were plopped down in a place with copious amounts of edible coconuts to eat and drink, plus what appeared to be a lot of coconut crabs to provide protein.  One bad bout with fire ants the first night, and then suddenly the mosquitoes and ants no longer seemed to exist.

Podcaster:  "I watch every episode.  The first thing people need to do is build a boma."

Not only did they not build a boma, the only animals we saw were caimans and snakes (probably stock footage).  

So they built a raft and tried it out (upside down).  Apparently one of the production staff told them it was upside down, and they had it flipped over for the actual extraction.

And did anyone else notice the HUGE building with a tile roof as they were riding the quads at the end?  

That must have been the spa showers and dressing rooms.  They probably even got fluffy white bathrobes.  

I'm beginning to think this might not be "reality" TV.  How do we actually know how far they walked or how much they lost???  Hmmmmm????

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Podcaster:  "I watch every episode.  The first thing people need to do is build a boma."

Not only did they not build a boma, the only animals we saw were caimans and snakes (probably stock footage).  

I rolled my eyes at the self proclaimed armchair  “survivalist” and her statements about knowledge regarding the show and her abilities.   I’ve watched plenty of Naked and Afraid and wouldn’t last a day out there but I don’t have the same level of interest in the show that this woman does.  

I thought the only place a boma is ever built on this show is Africa.  I don’t think that one is necessary where they were in Columbia.  Yeah, with the rabid interest this woman has I think she would have known that.  Or maybe it was just me 🤷‍♀️.  In her intro that comment she made about Dan was just weird. 

2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

And did anyone else notice the HUGE building with a tile roof as they were riding the quads at the end?  

That must have been the spa showers and dressing rooms.  They probably even got fluffy white bathrobes.  

I'm beginning to think this might not be "reality" TV.  How do we actually know how far they walked or how much they lost???  Hmmmmm????

I did not notice the building at the end but I was only half watching.  There was a brief comment about how long they’d need to walk IIRC.  I thought I heard 4 miles.  They did show how much weight each person lost at the end (I don’t remember what it was … maybe 15 lbs.?).   It didn’t seem like they faced much in the way of challenges like others have faced so I was wondering how “real” this was as well.  Honestly at the start I was expecting that podcaster to quit about 2 or 3 days in then complain how hard it is, like other quitters have said in the past.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I again, had it on in the background. 

Then the background noise became annoying with the podcaster doing a self promotion hour, like Amber, but even more annoyingly so. So I changed channels.

I remember when they only talked directly at the camera men on occasion, when prompted. But now… it has turned into people trying to be a one man show and being the star in it. 

Not entertaining when you want to see true survivalism. It’s Just obnoxious. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

That was a tough lady in the 4/7 episode.  I actually applauded and enjoyed production's decision to have her ride off on that horse at the end.  She was SOOOO happy!!!!

• Like 3

In the end they said she lost 40 lbs.  She didn’t look like she weighed that much to start with.

She’s made of tough stuff.  From her remarks at the end it sounded like she is happy having done the challenge although she had a very tough time doing it.  Too bad she got some bad fruit, at least it didn’t force her out of the challenge.  

The last 2 challenges were in Columbia, I really didn’t keep track of the exact locations but the differences in location between the 2 were like night and day.  Maybe the weather was very different from the days they were filmed since the prior week they were able to start a fire on the first try and last night it took them until the next day although I wonder how hard either of them looked for something dry to light up. 

• Like 2

I haven't read through 10 years of posts so please forgive me if this has been said many times before, this show (or more accurately people putting themselves in harm's way) is going to kill somebody!

Just watching tonight S4 E10 (Redemption Road) the couple had to get to extraction via a  jungle river in Guyana with cuts on their feet and piranah, stingrays and caiman in the water.

Before that on S14 E10 (Battle of the Sexes) one of the two women lost consciousness after being so depleted from lack of food and having gotten sick from something she ate early on...  it wasn't even the first  time I saw a woman determined to stay pass out!

Is anyone but me in disbelief that people do this just to prove they can, without millions of dollars in prize money at stake?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 4/22/2024 at 4:16 AM, T Summer said:

I haven't read through 10 years of posts so please forgive me if this has been said many times before, this show (or more accurately people putting themselves in harm's way) is going to kill somebody!

Just watching tonight S4 E10 (Redemption Road) the couple had to get to extraction via a  jungle river in Guyana with cuts on their feet and piranah, stingrays and caiman in the water.

Before that on S14 E10 (Battle of the Sexes) one of the two women lost consciousness after being so depleted from lack of food and having gotten sick from something she ate early on...  it wasn't even the first  time I saw a woman determined to stay pass out!

Is anyone but me in disbelief that people do this just to prove they can, without millions of dollars in prize money at stake?

There are people out there in the world who really love the idea of primitive survival and  pushing themselves to limits physically, so I guess the combo of those two characteristics is what brings us these N&A contestants. 

I don’t know if they receive any money for the regular series episodes, but I imagine they must be being paid something for doing it while being filmed. Some do it to make a name for themselves to try and make a career out of teaching wild crafts and survival methods. Some just want their 15 minutes of fame. 

There are also armed sentry guards just out of camera range who are ready to intervene if any wild animal decides to go on a hunt for humans. I do not know how they keep the piranhas away from them. 

There must be some kind of pre checking the water crossing areas for alligators, etc before they plunge themselves into any given water hole, lake or river.  

They all must be signing contracts which do not hold the production of this show responsible for any harm they might encounter above and beyond the precautions the producers take while filming. 

The fainters are probably one of the biggest unknown, unforeseen problems they have because who knows when or where it will happen or where their heads or backs or any body part will land. Hopefully not on a jagged rock. 

I have noticed signs that trails taken, look a bit pre-trodden sometimes, so I would not be surprised if a heavy booted armed sentry pre walked the paths ahead of them to check for poisonous snakes, lions, etc, before the naked duo goes forward on it.

Nobody wants anyone to get hurt or die and every precaution must be being taken to prevent any harm to the people, but the unknown possible accidents are most likely stated in the clauses signed beforehand as being the responsibility of the naked participant. 

I don’t know if any of what I just said is true… but it is what I think must be going on in this show. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, SassyCat said:

Nobody wants anyone to get hurt or die and every precaution must be being taken to prevent any harm to the people, but the unknown possible accidents are most likely stated in the clauses signed beforehand as being the responsibility of the naked participant. 

I don’t know if any of what I just said is true… but it is what I think must be going on in this show. 

Having watched most of (maybe all?) of the episodes, especially the ones in Africa whenever one of the survivalists is sitting alone at night in their shelter worried about the wildlife noises nearby I’ve wondered about the mindset of these people when they say “I want to continue” especially after their partner taps.  Sitting in the comfort of my home watching this I know they’ll be okay because Discovery isn’t going to broadcast an episode of a show that resulted in someone’s death.

As for last Sunday’s episode, I don’t recall any other time where a professional athlete was on the show. I guess he really didn’t think the whole thing through before signing up.  At the start he mentioned how he enjoyed being naked so that might have been what interested him in doing the challenge, lol.  The woman (don’t remember her name) likely had a thorough understanding of what she was getting into and would experience since her wife did the 21 days a while back.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

It's funny you mention the athlete (boxer ) guy  because I watched that episode too and left the room for a few minutes and when I came back he was gone. I had to watch the ep on demand on Monday to see why he tapped.

I enjoy the show and my hat's off to those people who endure and overcome the challenges, believe me.

... but what can I say, all kinds of crazy things go through my mind. Like what about our ancestors who didn't get a pot and a map and another item of each contestant's chosing? lol

I know the medics and  and others are nearby because those shady camera people are constantly showing the snakes, iguanas, rodents or whatever critters are nearby when the people are desperately searching for some... just any  little source of protein!

Not too mention the lions, leopards, hyenas, crocs, hippos or whatever dangerous animals lurk about and just how close they came to them / their shelter.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, T Summer said:

I know the medics and  and others are nearby because those shady camera people are constantly showing the snakes, iguanas, rodents or whatever critters are nearby when the people are desperately searching for some... just any  little source of protein!

Not too mention the lions, leopards, hyenas, crocs, hippos or whatever dangerous animals lurk about and just how close they came to them / their shelter.

I'm a cynic.  I think most of those protein sources and dangerous animals are copied from a National Geographic special.  We rarely see the animals in the same shot as the survivalists.  I think a lot of the night shots around a boma are just a lot of noise from a crew member's cell phone recordings, with much shaking of bushes.  They tell the participants, "You're fine, but look scared!!!!"

• Like 1