Type keyword(s) to search

Veronica Mars Spoilers & Speculation: New Season(s)

• Start Topic

(edited)

This is the place to post spoilers for new episodes/seasons of Veronica Mars.

I'll start. /Film's review mentions Logan proposing to Veronica. Has anyone else seen that or any other spoilers?

Or is everyone (else) too grown up to spoil, now that we'll get the whole fourth season at once? 

This TV Guide review has me a little worried, so I guess I'm concerned about the big twist (which I doubt hinges on Logan's question or Veronica's answer).

But for all the good, and for all the fun it is to return to Neptune and watch Veronica continue to be smarter than everyone around her, the new season isn't without its faults. A major twist near the end of the season feels like it belongs in a different series entirely, like it was added more for shock value than anything else, and I worry about its lasting implications and how it might affect the possibility of another season. If it's an attempt by Thomas and the writers to convince Hulu to grant the series more episodes to explore the aftermath, it's a big swing, and not one I am sure will pay off.

It's unfortunate that one bad decision in a sea of good ones can so easily color the rest of a finished product, but there's a very good chance that is exactly what will happen for many fans. If they can get past it, there absolutely could be life left in Veronica Mars. For most of the season, the show is a lot of fun, balancing its well-honed sense of humor — many times at the expense of fan-favorite character Dick Casablancas (Ryan Hansen) — with Keith and Veronica's powerful family dynamic and a sometimes predictable but nevertheless engaging central mystery. There were many times throughout the season I found myself wishing Kristen Bell would never stop playing Veronica, that we never stop getting to spend time with what might be one of the best and weirdest supporting casts on TV after FX's Justified (another series I would kill to revisit in the future). And to an extent, I still feel that way; Veronica is one of the most competent characters on TV. After 15 years, she's now an old friend, and I'd rather spend time with her than most anyone else. But after these eight episodes, I also won't be surprised if this is the end of her story, and if it is, it's a somewhat disappointing one.

That smells like a major death to me. Kristen has said she's taking a social media hiatus once the new season goes live on Hulu.

All I keep thinking is, "Rob, what did you do? What did you do?"

Edited by General Days

Why did I come into this thread? What good did I think it would do? Who they gonna kill? It's Logan, isn't it? Or is it Keith? But they almost killed him in the movie, so I doubt they'd do it again. I used to think they could always kill off Veronica and have a season where the characters solve it, but that's stupid. Right?!

I gotta stay out of this thread.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Haven’t posted on this site in forever!  So glad someone started this support-group/spoiler thread.  Yes, the social media hiatus and sour-note ending with many of the reviews, has me VERY WORRIED.    But I keep reading them all in hopes for more clues.   If they are going to kill off Logan or Keith, I’m better off being prepared.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, WaitandHope said:

But I keep reading them all in hopes for more clues.   If they are going to kill off Logan or Keith, I’m better off being prepared.

That's how I feel. I'll still watch, but I won't be angry (or as angry).

I felt a little silly spoiling for a season that dumps all in the same day. I'm not as invested in this show as I once was.

I'm glad it's back. I'll watch Kristen Bell in most things (and Enrico, Jason, Francis, and Percy). I think I want to brace myself, so I can enjoy it and not get all mad. 

• Love 1

The last paragraph in the Den of Geeks' review is particularly ominous:

Early on, season 4 throws down the gauntlet: Veronica should never have taken this case, knowing what she knows now. It’s the kind of thing people say all the time on detective shows, but it gets at a larger challenge the show has in moving an already-hard-boiled show from the domain of a teenager to a supposedly darker, more serious world of adults. We’ve seen teenage Veronica survive rape, her best friend’s murder, her mother’s alcoholism and abandonment – and that was just the pilot. So how did Rob Thomas, Diane Ruggiero-Wright and company raise the stakes and make this case feel like one V would regret more than any other? Fans may struggle with the answer, but if the show is to continue, it was likely the only way forward. Veronica Mars has grown up – will fans be able to grow with it?

I don't think it sounds like anything good...she's dead? Keith's dead? Logan's dead?  It seems like a particularly pointless device to make so much of the season about Logan and Veronica having real relationship troubles -- and attempting to become functioning adults -- then kill him off.  That would not be character growth to me.  But that makes me really worry about Keith.   I'm nervous...that's all I'm saying. 

• Love 1

I'm a bit shocked that Keith is still having health problems 5 years after the accident.  It really makes me raise the death flag over on his side.

My two guesses are that Keith will die or Veronica is pregnant.

Here because I keep seeing hints about this horrible ending in reviews and on twitter and it's freaking me out! Also, this clearly means as soon as the season drops it's going to be spoiled. It'll be a race to finish the episodes without finding out what the twist is, anyway - I'd rather just know.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, lulubunny said:

Variety has a pretty big spoiler on their homepage. The link to the article however goes to a blank page when you click on it.

vm.jpg

Holy crap I just went too and it's still there. Well, that seems to imply a very specific spoiler, doesn't it! No wonder people think fans are going to be angry.

2 minutes ago, stagmania said:

Holy crap I just went too and it's still there. Well, that seems to imply a very specific spoiler, doesn't it! No wonder people think fans are going to be angry.

If Logan dies, I swear to god I will riot. 😁

40 minutes ago, stagmania said:

Here because I keep seeing hints about this horrible ending in reviews and on twitter and it's freaking me out! Also, this clearly means as soon as the season drops it's going to be spoiled. It'll be a race to finish the episodes without finding out what the twist is, anyway - I'd rather just know.

Me too, I just want to enjoy it without being nervous about who dies.

• Love 2
(edited)

I also would like to express the hope that Pony comes through this OK. 

Also I’ve wondered if Mattie dies doing something brave but stupid. 

But keith doing something to save veronica one last time and messing up because of cognitive or mobility problems seems all too plausible. 

Edited by Affogato
13 hours ago, stagmania said:

Oh yeah, he is definitely dying. Dammit!

I think it might be a misdirection. Rob Thomas knows fans are going to look at this, I have a hard time believing they would make it this obvious that Logan dies. I am guessing Keith dies.

• Love 2

I could see them setting up expectations for Logan to die only to have the twist be that it's Keith. I'm not sure why they would kill off their most compelling love interest for Veronica if they're hoping to continue the show. But it seems certain one of them is definitely dying. 

• Love 1

As @lambertman just said, Hulu has released Season 4 a week early, which means 1) YAYYYYY but also 2) if you're reading this thread from this point forward you might be legitimately full on spoiled not just spoiled by speculation about pictures etc. The show is out so read the rest of this thread and internet in general at your own risk! 

Lets get binging Marshmallows!! 

happy veronica mars GIF

He dies and now I dont think I can watch the rest of the season.  I watched ep 1 of S4 and really enjoyed it but reading the spoiler that he dies takes all the fun out of watching the season for me.  Bummer 

7 minutes ago, SnK said:

He dies and now I dont think I can watch the rest of the season.  I watched ep 1 of S4 and really enjoyed it but reading the spoiler that he dies takes all the fun out of watching the season for me.  Bummer 

Umm which he dies.  Keith or Logan?  I will know in about 30 min but still

9 minutes ago, SnK said:

^Logan.   

Still pissed off 😡

Omg I’m watching the last 20 min. Thought it would be Keith. Seriously hasn’t Logan had it hard enough?  Although I think now I understand the romance angle they were trying to sell with Leo now that his show is over 

Just now, SnK said:

I hate when showrunners think they're being all edgy by doing stuff like this.   

I am not ok with this. They initially wanted him as the villain, saw the chemistry and decided after episode 4 to make him the love interest instead now they are killing him off. No thank you Rob Thomas.

• Love 5