Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Elisabeth's "success" is simply headshakingly bewildering to me. A smug, ignorant, no talent bottle blonde Foxbot who is presumably making millions a year in yet another cushy part-time job. The amount of sheer luck that she has had in falling into these gigs is unfathomable.

But Elizabeth is a bit of a laughingstock to some people.  Joel Hale on "the soup"  mocks her while refusing to acknowledge that she has a name.  Jon stewart  has mocked her, Larry Wilmore took her and her buddies apart last night,  News Hounds and Crooks & Liars are websites devoted to pointing out the inaccuracies from Fox News. 

Bitsy is respected in her own little circle of right-wingers who will keep repeating the same lies over and

over. 

Yesterday, Bitsy and all her Fox News friends jumped on a bandwagon yesterday that the white guy who shot up a black church was part of an anti-Christian movement.   I'm sure they will just ignore the fact that his confession includes "I wanted to start a race riot".   Because Bitsy and pals DO NOT retract statements or admit to being wrong.

• Love 6

I agree. I find it extremely distasteful that people like Sherri and Elisabeth continue to land on their feet in the way that they do in that industry. I guess in Sherri's case she must have a damn good agent or an admirable (I say begrudgingly) amount of hussle. Then again, she needs to work now that she has two children to support. Elisabeth's "success" is simply headshakingly bewildering to me. A smug, ignorant, no talent bottle blonde Foxbot who is presumably making millions a year in yet another cushy part-time job. The amount of sheer luck that she has had in falling into these gigs is unfathomable.

Sherri does a pretty good job in the episodic comedy world (Friends, Everybody Loves Raymond, Hot in Cleveland) but she's a train wreck when she's on her own.  Hasselbeck, on the other hand, fascinates me.  In the worst way.  She's such a nasty f****g weirdo.  Sometimes it feels as though she's going bite my face off with her aggressive, angry delivery to camera.   The words explode out of her mouth and it's like watching a child mimic what the grown-ups would do.  Except not.  

• Love 8

Hasselbeck, on the other hand, fascinates me.  In the worst way.

Oh I completely understand that.  For the life of me I can NOT understand how she has been able to succeed to be where she is.  Don't get me wrong.  Fox News is definitely her mother ship but she is just so fucking stupid.  She looks the part of the typical Fox News blond but she is dumb as rock.  I swear I've always thought she made a deal with that devil she is so afraid of.  I simply do not have any other explanation as to why she isn't anything  more than a footnote in the history of the show Survivor.

• Love 8

This may have been said before and I have always strongly suspected that Empress Babs called in a favor to her old pal Roger Ailes to leave Bitsy seemingly landing on her feet when she canned her.

• Love 7
(edited)

Sherri took the time to tweet that?  Wow, WTF cares?

Just going by the tweets I see on this thread I'm guessing Sherri has a lot of time on her hands - enough to pick fights with random followers anyway.   I'd have guessed a single mother working on working would be too busy for that kind of nonsense.  But as usual, I would be wrong, lol. 

But Elizabeth is a bit of a laughingstock to some people.  Joel Hale on "the soup"  mocks her while refusing to acknowledge that she has a name.  Jon stewart  has mocked her, Larry Wilmore took her and her buddies apart last night,  News Hounds and Crooks & Liars are websites devoted to pointing out the inaccuracies from Fox News. 

Bitsy is respected in her own little circle of right-wingers who will keep repeating the same lies over and

over. 

Yesterday, Bitsy and all her Fox News friends jumped on a bandwagon yesterday that the white guy who shot up a black church was part of an anti-Christian movement.   I'm sure they will just ignore the fact that his confession includes "I wanted to start a race riot".   Because Bitsy and pals

DO NOT retract statements or admit to being wrong.

I think 'respect' is a little strong.  I'd say they tolerate her because she actually brings in viewers but I'd question if any of them really respect her. 

Today in the car I heard a local [seattle market]  right-leaning [hates government spending, rallying against the poor, blah blah blah] talk show host totally bash Bitsy and her Buddies over at Faux and Friends for being the most tone deaf people in the media regarding the most recent shooting in South Carolina*  .  I  was kind of surprised to hear a this guy call out Faux News in general and Bitsy in particular. He totally trashed her and her moron sidekicks.  It cracked me up.  I might have to listen to his show one day, lol.  

*Apparently the women who reported seeing the shooter's car on the road and called police had gotten the description of the car watching F&F The short version of the clip he played was an interview Bitsy and Buddies did with the "Hero" witness and it was all about WHERE she got the description of the car - despite every major network broadcasting the same information.    I swear those three morons and Bitsy in particular, sounded absolutely giddy about it.  Tone-deaf indeed.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 4

She's like an inflatable clown I had as a kid.  You could knock it down, but it always bounced straight back up, with a big grin on its face.

Ah nostalgia.  I'm not sure if it was the only company that made those damn things, but my grandfather was the VP of Public Relations for the company that manufactured those, they also manufactured inflatable and above ground cheap swimming pools along with inflatable swimming toys.  Guess what we got for xmas and every birthday as kids?

• Love 4

Ah nostalgia.  I'm not sure if it was the only company that made those damn things, but my grandfather was the VP of Public Relations for the company that manufactured those, they also manufactured inflatable and above ground cheap swimming pools along with inflatable swimming toys.  Guess what we got for xmas and every birthday as kids?

ok, that's sort of fantastic :) 

• Love 2

I wonder if Bitsy and the Fox News team will change their tune about the Charleston, NC shooting not being racially motivated after reading his manifesto

I don't think anyone can continue the charade anymore, including the 2016 Republican Clown Car.

• Love 5

I wonder if Bitsy and the Fox News team will change their tune about the Charleston, NC shooting not being racially motivated after reading his manifesto :

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/20/dylann-roof-manifesto-charleston-shooting_n_7627788.html

It's pretty clear that he didn't attack Black church members because they were Christian.  

I saw that too backformore.  Just one thing though - this was in Charlston South Carolina, not North Carolina.  Simple mistake but in this context one big difference is South Carolina is still flying the Confederate flag over their capital, North Carolina does not. 

• Love 3

I saw that too backformore.  Just one thing though - this was in Charlston South Carolina, not North Carolina.  Simple mistake but in this context one big difference is South Carolina is still flying the Confederate flag over their capital, North Carolina does not. 

Thanks for catching that.

• Love 1
(edited)

Isn't she just the best comic.

Apparently starving for attention/ publicity lately!  (I posted her  Father's Day public tweet to Jeff Tarpley Sr in the Previously TV Misc Celebrity forum)

ETA- I checked out her Instagram and saw her lip synching along at the concert- As a performer- she should know that video taping at a concert is not allowed- She would be the first to complain if folks were videotaping her stand up routine! 

Edited by springtime
  • Love 2

Oh dear lord!!!!!!!!  she and the fox "news" team are nuts!  The president of the United States is not going to say "N-Word" in order to not offend Bitsy. 

and that video from Sherri looks faked.  For "comic effect", I guess.   also  a bit of a humble-brag.   Look!  I got new shoes!  and I"m hanging out with Kimberly Locke!!

• Love 5

I actually caught this live this morning getting ready.  Yes, I was hate-watching (don't judge me :) )  

When they started to ramble on about using the word at State of The Union etc.  I just sort of stood there blinking.  These people are insane and Steve Doocy is their creepy, cringe-inducing leader.  Although it was a little surprising to hear the President say the word…he was absolutely right and he made it clear to any simpleton listening that just because you do not use that word does not mean you aren't a racist.  

• Love 6
and that video from Sherri looks faked.  For "comic effect", I guess.   also  a bit of a humble-brag.   Look!  I got new shoes!  and I"m hanging out with Kimberly Locke!!

Okay...ya got me and I watched that pathetic attempt.  It made me wonder (yet again) WHY Sherri doesn't wear shoes that fit.  You can see a space in the back where they're too large.  Does she borrow others' shoes?  Does she get them FREE and doesn't care what size they are?

• Love 4
(edited)

Regarding Sherri and her shoes:  She is an idiot.  I believes she was way overacting and doing poorly I might add.  And as Former Nun said why didn't she buy shoes that fit?   Any women knows when you wear heels that high they need to fit properly.  And once again with the tattered jeans. Give it a rest Sherri.  You are no longer a 20something.

Regarding Elisabeth:  STFU.  President Obama used that word to illustrate a point he was making.  It's not like he was just tossing the word around in casual conversation.  I don't believe in censorship but in her case I will make an exception.  Nobody needs to hear a word she has to say about anything at any time.

Edited by susieq147
  • Love 14

President Obama has been called every racist word you can think of.  If he wants to call people out and say that changing it to "N-Word"   does NOT mean we've ended racism, he is 100% correct.   

And part of the message is -  if you just stop saying N****R , and substitute some word like "thug" like they do on Fox - if black criminals  are thugs, and white criminals are "disturbed loners"  -   Well, then racism dressed up like something else is still racism. 

Typical of Fox News idiots, the message got lost, as they focused on the sound byte.

• Love 17
(edited)

Thug!   I used the word often and now it has been taken away from me.  I NEVER used it as a racial insult.  To me a thug is a thug is a thug--mostly white in my experience.  Guess that's in past tense now.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 7

Thug!   I used the word often and now it has been taken away from me.  I NEVER used it as a racial insult.  To me a thug is a thug is a thug.  Guess that's in past tense now.

Thug!   I used the word often and now it has been taken away from me.  I NEVER used it as a racial insult.  To me a thug is a thug is a thug--mostly white in my experience.  Guess that's in past tense now.

I never think of the word "thug" as a racial slur.   It's just some sort of badass.  Tupac had it tattooed on his abdomen ("Thug Life"), and I really love Tupac.

• Love 2

Honestly, until Fox changed the meaning of the word thug, it used to bring to mind a brass knuckled greaser from the 50s for me.  Or maybe a Tommy gun toting gangster.  Clearly, I'm getting old.  (And obviously both those stereotypes are white!)

• Love 9
(edited)

Some spot on criticism coming Bitsy's way along with her curvy couch cohorts:

Broadly speaking, the most watched cable news network is anchored by this increasingly poisonous trio of spasmodic demons who more closely resemble the Three Stooges fixing the plumbing than serious news and commentary professionals. Let that sink in. Bob Cesca at Salon

Words do matter and are especially impactful when absorbed by non critically thinking viewers - which, face it, is most of the network's audience. At least the silly pretense that the killings at the Charleston church were an attack on Christianity and not racially motivated has been thoroughly trashed.

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 9

Broadly speaking, the most watched cable news network is anchored by this increasingly poisonous trio of spasmodic demons who more closely resemble the Three Stooges fixing the plumbing than serious news and commentary professionals. Let that sink in. Bob Cesca at Salon

Exactly.

• Love 1
(edited)

Some spot on criticism coming Bitsy's way along with her curvy couch cohorts:

Words do matter and are especially impactful when absorbed by non critically thinking viewers - which, face it, is most of the network's audience. At least the silly pretense that the killings at the Charleston church were an attack on Christianity and not racially motivated has been thoroughly trashed.hav

Thanks for posting this merriebreeze.   As someone who doesn't watch this show, the article [here's the link:  How Fox & Friends Became The Most Repugnant Show On Fox News]  was horrifying but unfortunately unsurprising, except maybe beating Hannity in outrageous remarks. 

This is Elisabeth's dream job.  Over her ten year tenure on The Spew I mostly found her laughable but she seems to have graduated from that to being one third of a truly disgusting trio of co-hosts.   The part about Doocy being caught repeating RNC talking points verbatim kind of made me chuckle since Bits used to repeat Geddie's talking points the same way.  The Most Repugnant Show on Fox News?  I'm certain Hasselbeck has climbed [sunk?] even farther than even she imagined back on the island. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 9

Someone earlier made a comment about those blow up, bouncy clown balloons!!

Wondering what this announcement will be. It really bothers me that there are so many talented, unemployed people in the Entertainment business & Sherri, who is totally untalented keeps doing the bouncy clown thing & actually getting hired............sad.............

• Love 1

Someone earlier made a comment about those blow up, bouncy clown balloons!!

Wondering what this announcement will be. It really bothers me that there are so many talented, unemployed people in the Entertainment business & Sherri, who is totally untalented keeps doing the bouncy clown thing & actually getting hired............sad.............

She's going to be featured in an episode of a show on OWN.  Ugh!

http://www.oprah.com/own-show/How-Being-Scared-Made-Sherri-Shepherd-Fearless

That was Sherri's big announcement?  It's a digital series (which pretty much means youtube videos) where a person talks for 3 minutes about themselves.

Thanks but I think I will pass.

• Love 3

She's going to be featured in an episode of a show on OWN.  Ugh!

http://www.oprah.com/own-show/How-Being-Scared-Made-Sherri-Shepherd-Fearless

That's the "important business announcement" ? I was thinking it was something about her wigs.

From the link: The series Who Am I delves into the universal idea of self-identity and what it means to look within oneself for insight to carry through one's daily life.

And they chose Sherri????

• Love 5

That's the "important business announcement" ? I was thinking it was something about her wigs.

From the link: The series Who Am I delves into the universal idea of self-identity and what it means to look within oneself for insight to carry through one's daily life.

I know right????  Were all other C-list celebrities busy?

As so many people have said Sherri must have a great publicist.  And as dumbdownus mentioned above, it seems so unfair that Sherri who is marginally talented (sometimes) is given so many opportunities.  I still shake my head that she can call herself a Broadway performing actress.

• Love 5

That's the "important business announcement" ? I was thinking it was something about her wigs.

You were right.  She has partnered with some wig company.  

Still burns my ass that she got a gig on OWN.

• Love 3
(edited)

Selling wigs at Sally's Hair Supply.

I think the OWN thing was done already (comments are old)

Didn't she ride a horse.

"Do it scared" - or am I thinking of something else?

Edited by springtime

So Sherri thinks prayer helped her get this?  I guess that is why I didn't hit the lottery last weekend.  God was too busy getting Sherri a deal for her wigs.

I have to admit this is probably the number one reason Sherri grates on my nerves. The things she states she's thankful to God for, are the most inane.

• Love 1

I have to admit this is probably the number one reason Sherri grates on my nerves. The things she states she's thankful to God for, are the most inane.

As an atheist myself I don't pray.  But if I was a religious person who did pray and take my faith seriously I would be very offended by Sherri constantly attributing everything good in her life to God and prayer.  IMO she is one of those holier than thou Christians who think they are special and God takes extra care of them.  Like they have his secret cell number or some shit.  When she says prayer helped her get a wig line I wonder how the person who prayed over and over again for a loved one to not die and still lost that person feels.

• Love 13
As an atheist myself I don't pray.  But if I was a religious person who did pray and take my faith seriously I would be very offended by Sherri constantly attributing everything good in her life to God and prayer.

As a non-atheist, I tend to pray for strength, for guidance, for God to guide the hand of the surgeons, for me to find peace with whatever outcome happens, etc.  I certainly don't use God like a gumball machine: insert prayer, get whatever shiny object I want as as result. I believe prayer brings us closer to whatever supreme being we are praying to. I believe if we just let ourselves get out of the way, good things will happen.

On the other hand, Sherri certainly is having a lot of success, so maybe I need to emulate her prayer style! Well, maybe her doggedness and work ethic, which are (I'm serious here) things I admire about her.

• Love 4

That is lovely, although the grammarian in me screamed a little.  With such a strong male role model, it's kind of baffling that Sherri doesn't do well in marriage. Well, that's getting close to the "personal life" line, so I'll stop musing on it.  I hope her dad had a great Father's Day and that she is paying him back in every way for his sacrifices.  I imagine he was thrilled to read that message.

• Love 3
(edited)

More proof that Bitsy will jump on ANY bandwagon she is paid to jump on: 

http://www.newshounds.us/20150625_fox_friends_celebrates_return_of_fried_food_to_texas_school_lunches

The "food Police" banned deep-fryers from schools in Texas, and now this ban has been over-turned.  It turns out that the ban didn't magically fix the problem of teen obesity, so the fryers are back.  

And Bitsy and her friends are celebrating, because, you know, it's america and we have (I swear)   "Freedom to Fry".

ETA:    LOL!!!!!   I love you merriebreeze! Let's just keep doing this!  

Wasnt there some kind of game when I was a kid, if you say something at the same time,  the first person to call "Jinks" wins?  

Edited by backformore
  • Love 5

And Bitsy and her friends are celebrating, because, you know, it's america and we have (I swear)   "Freedom to Fry".

Oh damn...is that just the prelude for F&F to start calling them "freedom fries" again?

• Love 2