Type keyword(s) to search

Batwoman Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

SpoilerTV has the next several episode titles (they're usually accurate):

S01 E10 - How Queer Everything is Today!

S01 E11 - An Un-birthday Present

S01 E12 - Take Your Choice

S01 E13 - Drink Me

Photos for 1.10, "How Queer Everything Is Today!", are out:

Did Kate (or Crisis??) renovate the office; or does it just look that different in bright daylight?

batwoman-episode-110-how-queer-everythin

Field trip to the subway; yay, Luke outside the cave!:

Kate and Alice still meeting and not arresting and/or killing each other:

1.11 synopsis; very vague:

"An Un-Birthday Present" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

MAKE A WISH - On the Kane sisters' birthday, Kate (Ruby Rose) and Alice (Rachel Skarsten) contend with demons from the past, and an unexpected guest makes a surprise appearance in Gotham. Also starring Dougray Scott, Meagan Tandy, Nicole Kang and Camrus Johnson and guest starring Sam Littlefield.

Mairzee Almas directed the episode written by Chad Fiveash and James Stoteraux (#111). Original airdate 1/26/2020.

Saw this Batwoman mention + (vague spoiler) in the Marc Guggenheim Q&A on TVline and thought I'd link it here. 

“But the thing that has us really excited is we have now put into our universe a new mystery which is: What does this post-Crisis universe look like? Each of the shows gets the chance to tell a piece of that story, and that’s really cool. I know, for example, what they’re doing on Batwoman and it’s friggin’ awesome, with some unbelievable, ‘What-the-f–k?!’ kind of moments. In addition to the heart and emotion, the ‘what-the-f–k?!’ is in my mind what the Arrowverse is all about.”

https://tvline.com/gallery/crisis-on-infinite-earths-burning-questions-answered/arrow-8x08-baby-sara-diggle/

• Useful 1

I wonder if they'll use the Crisis to bring Catherine Hamilton back. I was surprised when the show killed her off, considering that shortly before it happened, Nicole Kang did an interview where she talked about how rare and nice it was to have two strong, complex Asian-American women in the regular cast of a genre show.

On 1/17/2020 at 1:38 AM, Cranberry said:

I wonder if they'll use the Crisis to bring Catherine Hamilton back. I was surprised when the show killed her off, considering that shortly before it happened, Nicole Kang did an interview where she talked about how rare and nice it was to have two strong, complex Asian-American women in the regular cast of a genre show.

It is interesting that she's still promoting the show....

• Love 1

Future teases from this Caroline Dries interview:

How will Batwoman’s coming out impact her and the show?

Obviously, it reveals a huge piece of her "identity." Like what Luke [Camrus Johnson] was saying at the beginning, it’s great to have this misinformation out, because it just confuses things. Now, it’s basically saying we just narrowed down the population quite a bit [regarding the masked hero's identity]. That is one thing that will work its way into the story. The other thing is, and Vesper Fairchild [Rachel Maddow] says it in the voiceover, "What happened to politics staying out of our superheroes?" What will ultimately happen is that the GCPD, who is in charge of the Bat Light, becomes a little conflicted about what statement they are making now when they put the light.

With a second season coming, what other aspects of LGBTQ life are you hoping to highlight?

Now that it has been highlighted, I really hope we can normalize it and make it through the fabric of the show without making it an "issues" episode. We did do a pretty good job of it with Kate just being a lesbian and going through regular relationship drama. So I am hoping that is what happens with Batwoman. As you’ll see, we have a little bit more romance to play. We’re going to spice up the dynamic a bit in Batwoman’s love life.

What other LGBTQ characters from the comics are you looking to introduce in season two? Will you remix any straight heroes into LGBTQ characters?

We are looking to bring in, I won’t say who, but a character we’ve seen before, who’s LGBTQ. We don’t have any villains in the roster right now that are [LGBTQ]. But, we’ve mentioned somebody from the comics in episode seven, a woman named Safiyah, and we are going to hear that name a few more times in the future. And, if you follow the comics, she has a very taut and dramatic relationship with Kate. So that is a character we wanted to explore. 

https://www.spoilertv.com/2020/01/batwoman-episode-111-un-birthday.html

So it seems like this Beth is indeed a multiverse refugee, unless she's lying or something and is taking the whole thing pretty well, although I doubt that will last for very long. Kate's obviously dying to connect with a non psychotic and murderous version of her sister but it won't be (or at least shouldn't be) that easy to switch out one for the other. 

1.12, "Take Your Choice", synopsis:

TWO’S A CROWD – As Kate (Ruby Rose) is pulled between two sisters, Luke (Camrus Johnson) and Mary (Nicole Kang) are tasked with finding the cause behind Beth’s debilitating headaches. A visitor delivers some good news to Jacob (Dougray Scott), while Sophie (Meagan Tandy) takes her new role to the extreme and Alice (Rachel Skarsten) makes a devastating discovery.

Tara Miele directed the episode written by Ebony Gilbert (#112). Original airdate 2/16/2020.

7 hours ago, Trini said:

As Kate (Ruby Rose) is pulled between two sisters,

My head went in a completely Arrow direction there and I went "I swear to god writers what is it with you?" until I remembered Beth. 🤣

So Mary is involved with the Beth case but without knowing anything officially, unless it's coming that ep. She has a lot less questions than I would. 

• LOL 1
5 hours ago, Featherhat said:

My head went in a completely Arrow direction there and I went "I swear to god writers what is it with you?" until I remembered Beth. 🤣

So Mary is involved with the Beth case but without knowing anything officially, unless it's coming that ep. She has a lot less questions than I would. 

LOL! Well, the sister triangle on this show is more interesting than the love triangle.

1.13 synopsis:

"Drink Me" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, V) (HDTV)

BEING A HERO IS DRAINING - A new villain sinks her teeth into Gotham and The Hold Up opens in grand fashion. Sophie (Meagan Tandy) reluctantly requests that Batwoman (Ruby Rose) keep her distance knowing their interactions could compromise her career. Dougray Scott, Rachel Skarsten, Nicole Kang and Camrus Johnson also star.

Dermott Downs directed the episode written by Jerry Shandy (#113). Original airdate 2/23/2020.

---

I knew "Drink Me" would be for the bar opening! And yep, Kate-Sophie-Batwoman is the new triangle.

And I guess the extra sister situation with Beth is resolved in the previous episode since there's no mention here.

'Kayla Ewell to play vampiric Batwoman villain Nocturna'

EW has confirmed that The Vampire Diaries alum will play the vampiric DC Comics villain Nocturna in the freshman superhero drama’s 13th episode, titled “Drink Me” and airing Feb. 23.

Created in the ’80s, Nocturna was initially introduced as a thief who had a pale skin and light sensitivity after an accident, and eventually became one of Bruce Wayne’s love interests; however, in DC Comics’ 2011 New 52 reboot, the character was reintroduced as a vampire and one of Batwoman’s villains. Nocturna and Kate entered into a romantic relationship during a 2014-2015 arc, which was controversial because hypnosis and mind-control were involved, raising issues of consent. Just this week, Noctruna popped up in a Batwoman one-shot included in DC’s Valentine’s Day special Crimes of Passion. 

In Batwoman‘s take, the alluring and seductive villain preys on the beautiful people of Gotham to sustain her need for human blood caused by a rare disease. ...

bwn113a_0352b_2.jpg

LOL! The one time the writers from all the shows actually talked about post-crossover plans, and the 'rules' on each show are still wildly different! Not a dealbreaker for me, but just a reminder that continuity on one show means nothing to the others, even if they're all supposedly in the same universe.

Anyway, maybe Beth takes herself out of the equation before Alice can?

Edited by Trini

1.14 synopsis:

"Grinning From Ear to Ear" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DLV) (HDTV)

AT WHAT COST - Batwoman (Ruby Rose) and Luke (Camrus Johnson) are on the trail of a villain targeting social media mavens. Sophie (Meagan Tandy) gets an unexpected visit from her mother, and Mary (Nicole Kang) offers her expertise to assist Kate. Jacob Kane (Dougray Scott) is approached to make good on a favor, while Alice (Rachel Skarsten) focuses on her plans for retribution.

Michael Blundell directed the episode written by Denise Harkavy (#114). Original airdate 3/8/2020.

MOMMY DEAREST – More of Alice’s (Rachel Skarsten) dark past is uncovered when Cartwright (guest star John Emmet Tracy) shares a twisted story with Kate (Ruby Rose) while Jacob (Dougray Scott) goes searching for his wayward daughter. Mary (Nicole Kang) and Luke (Camrus Johnson) follow a lead on Beth’s killer. Holly Dale directed the episode written by Natalie Abrams (#115). Original airdate 3/15/2020.

https://batwoman.tv/off-with-her-head-synopsis

Edited by rogvortex58

1.15 synopsis:

“Off With Her Head” — ...

MOMMY DEAREST – More of Alice’s (Rachel Skarsten) dark past is uncovered when Cartwright (guest star John Emmet Tracy) shares a twisted story with Kate (Ruby Rose) while Jacob (Dougray Scott) goes searching for his wayward daughter. Mary (Nicole Kang) and Luke (Camrus Johnson) follow a lead on Beth’s killer.

Holly Dale directed the episode written by Natalie Abrams (#115). Original airdate 3/15/2020.

------

So why is Cartwright talking to Kate??

Is the title referring to ... Mouse's mother?

Luke/Mary team-up!

(Wow, jinx!)

1 hour ago, rogvortex58 said:

Didn’t Alice say Gabi lost her head in the crash?

Yes; but I'm hoping it's not her.😢  Plus, they found her, right? I don't know what else they need to say about the crash.

21 hours ago, rogvortex58 said:

http://batwomantv.com/batwoman-spoilers-through-the-looking-glass/

FACING THE PAST – Kate (Ruby Rose) begins to question her instincts and Luke (Camrus Johnson) gets upsetting news. Alice (Rachel Skarsten) seeks her sister’s help with a special task. Also starring Dougray Scott, Meagan Tandy, Nicole Kang and Camrus Johnson. Sudz Sutherland directed the episode written by Nancy Kiu (#116). Original airdate 3/22/2020.

Wow, Alice still wanting to work with Kate. And since the only piece of backstory they've given Luke is his father's death, I assume the "upsetting news" is related to that.

(edited)

I’m glad that Kate and Jacob will finally get their chance to confront Cartwright over Beth’s abduction.

They can hate Alice all they want. But that should be nothing compared to how they feel about him.

Edited by rogvortex58

These are getting pretty vague now; 1.17 synopsis:

“A Narrow Escape” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

WHO’S A HERO NOW? – Batwoman (Ruby Rose) encounters a new challenge when an old villain resurfaces, testing the heroics of Gotham’s most stand-up citizens. Alice’s (Rachel Skarsten) limits are tested. Also starring Dougray Scott, Meagan Tandy, Nicole Kang and Camrus Johnson.

Paul Wesley directed the episode written by Daphne Miles (#117). Original airdate 3/29/2020.

1.18, synopsis, back to being detailed again:

"If You Believe In Me, I'll Believe in You" -

WHO CAN YOU TRUST? - Batwoman (Ruby Rose) enlists Luke (Camrus Johnson) and Julia (guest star Christina Wolfe) for an undercover mission to recover one of the most important items from her cousin's arsenal. While Alice (Rachel Skarsten) continues developing her devious plans within Arkham's walls, she gets an unexpected visit from Jacob Kane (Dougray Scott) who needs her help. Meanwhile, Mary (Nicole Kang) tries to prove herself to Kate. As Sophie (Meagan Tandy) gets closer to a co-worker, Kate reunites with an old flame.

James Bamford directed the episode written by James Stoteraux and Chad Fiveash (#118). Original airdate 5/3/2020.