Type keyword(s) to search

That Rings A Bell: Voices You Remember

• Start Topic

George Sanders. Sheer Khan made quite an impression on my very young self and I never knew who provided the voice until years later when I was having one of those "so sick you have to lay on the floor because you're afraid you'll fall off the couch" moments and The Picture of Dorian Gray came on the TV. This voice cut through the fog, ringing all sorts of bells, like it had been in my brain for all that time.

• Love 7

IMO, no list of past voices would be complete without the Man of 1000 Voices - Mel Blanc! 

From Bugs Bunny to Heathcliff to so many others, if one was alive from the mid 1930's to the mid 1980's and was a fan of radios, cartoons, movies or television, one couldn't help but but hear him and he was a true master!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, praeceptrix said:

Eartha Kitt's sexy purr as Catwoman on the original, campy, Batman!

To say nothing of spicing up the Christmas season for decades before/after via her "Santa, Baby" song! Yeah, not for nothing did Orson Welles call her 'the most exciting woman in the world' and her voice alone was quite memorable! 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Blergh said:

To say nothing of spicing up the Christmas season for decades before/after via her "Santa, Baby" song! Yeah, not for nothing did Orson Welles call her 'the most exciting woman in the world' and her voice alone was quite memorable! 

I had the pleasure of seeing her perform several times. Damn, but that woman was sexy!!!! 

• Love 3

Allyce Beasley- she had a few episodes on 'Bored to Death' around 2010, and the second I heard her voice, it was like 'hey, it's Miss DiPesto' from 'Moonlighting' back in the 1980s. 

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, selkie said:

Allyce Beasley- she had a few episodes on 'Bored to Death' around 2010, and the second I heard her voice, it was like 'hey, it's Miss DiPesto' from 'Moonlighting' back in the 1980s. 

Ironically, Miss Beasley has proven to have had a more memorable voice than the billed star Cybill Shepherd but so would Christina Baranski on Miss Shepherd's later show!

• Love 3
On 6/22/2019 at 8:30 PM, bmasters9 said:

Don Robertson of CBS Sports 

Bill Wolff, who announced for  for Another World from its debut in 1964 until (I believe) some time in the '80s.

Hal Simms, who did a few soaps for CBS.

Harry Kramer, who did "Theeee EDDDDGE .... of NIGHT!"

I can't remember his name, but the guy that announced Guiding Light for years.

Dan McCullough (ATWT).

• Love 2
22 hours ago, festivus said:

Carl Sagan. I've watched Cosmos so many times and I can take a nice nap to his voice. So soothing.

Yes, his voice often put me to sleep,too! 

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't ask this question, but who's this NBC announcer subbing for Mel Brandt on The Doctors in 1970?

I think it is Bill Wendell, who was David Letterman's announcer, but cant be sure.

Edited by danderson400

Mr. Rogers and most of the Sesame Street muppets (some of which are easy because they are still around today, but even the ones that you don't see anymore-unless you have kids who watch it- like Count Dracula, Cookie Monster and Grover will always be in my head).

• Love 1