Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: AKA Camera Friendly

Is there a reason why Jessica didn't play Sallinger's message about killing someone by 7:00 during the live TV interview (I thought she was going to when she recorded it on the other phone)? NYPD has tape of his voice and could easily match it to the recording.

• Love 2

Figured Dorothy was a goner as soon as she started actually helping the duo, and even had Jessica warming up to her (briefly!)  While the character was always obnoxious, I will miss Rebecca De Mornay camping it up here.

Really though, I know it was suppose to be a big moment, but I honestly felt like both Jessica and Trish were just made to look like idiots.  There were just so many moments where I felt like there were obvious, smarter paths they could have taken, but Jessica just had to bulldoze her a way in like a bull in a China shop, while Trish tagged along all "I'm a superhero now!"  It's not like I even find Sallinger intelligent at this point, but they're just being daft.  Good thing they never faced the likes of Fisk.

Jeri's gone full-blown against Jessica now, after finding out Trish/the vigilante broke in.  Sure, why not?  Considering how it feels like they don't know how to use her this season, just go ahead and maker a full-fledge bad guy now.

• Love 1
(edited)

I should have figured that Dorothy was going to get killed too with how much time they spent on her and as pointed out, even Jessica warming to her.  Rebecca De Mornay was great fun in this role.

It's not exactly Jessica's finest moment but Trish just seems to be getting dumber by the moment and more obnoxious.  I'm sorry to lose the Dorothy character but Trish needs the arrogance, selfishness and stupidity slapped out of her.

The NYPD is also looking stupid on this show by allowing Sallinger to slip out which I can't see happening.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, benteen said:

The NYPD is also looking stupid on this show by allowing Sallinger to slip out which I can't see happening.

I really have more blame on them than Trish. Jessica basically did their entire job. 

Well I was surprised! 

I should have known that Dorothy was doomed the second she started actually being helpful and supportive, and even she and Jessica had some nice moments. That death she had looked brutal, I cant really blame Trish for freaking out. I mean, I can blame Trish for being an awful superhero who is making everything a million times harder for Jessica because of her need for attention to be told how special she is, but thats at least understandable.

How is Salinger considered some kind of leading citizen in his hometown, or any kind of respectable person anywhere? He either comes off as an obvious creeper serial killer with a murder basement or a smug self important asshole who brags about doing the crossword puzzles with a pen in every single scene.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

How is Salinger considered some kind of leading citizen in his hometown, or any kind of respectable person anywhere? He either comes off as an obvious creeper serial killer with a murder basement or a smug self important asshole who brags about doing the crossword puzzles with a pen in every single scene.

I don't think that he is considered a leading citizen, but if you didn't know about his secret life as we do, all you would see is a kind of nerdy guy with several college degrees (though I have my doubts about whether they are real) who volunteers as a wrestling coach for kids in the community. Plus, his hometown may have had sympathy for him and his family because of this brother's accident.

• Love 1
On 7/1/2019 at 8:12 AM, Paloma said:

) who volunteers as a wrestling coach for kids in the community. 

Maybe it is just because I watched Foxcatcher a few week ago but wrestling coach is something that I now instantly associate with creepy.

Also I had to laugh about how much media coverage The Masked Vigilante was getting as if any media outlet in the MCU would care. I doubt there is some newspaper editor saying how they are tired of writing stories about the Avengers and Spider-Man and Ant-Man and SHIELD and Daredevil. And when reporters are asked what else they have someone says they have a story about a woman who can jump off a bridge, and they decide to put that on the front page.

• LOL 2
On 6/17/2019 at 3:01 AM, mxc90 said:

Is there a reason why Jessica didn't play Sallinger's message about killing someone by 7:00 during the live TV interview (I thought she was going to when she recorded it on the other phone)? NYPD has tape of his voice and could easily match it to the recording.

I was thinking the same thing, but then remembered Dorothy (maybe Trish) explaining the social media videos only have a certain amount of views and then poof... deleted.

And Trish... your heart is in the right place, but who the hell knows where your brain is? 

Dorothy is A LOT, but she did know exactly how to get Jessica in live tv at the last minute so I'll give her credit for that.

I understand that Trish was panicking when she found her mom, but all I could think was Dorothy was clearly dead and Trish was fucking up the crime scene. I know Sallinger  is careful but she was potentially destroying evidence, damn it!

On 6/17/2019 at 3:01 AM, mxc90 said:

On 8/1/2019 at 5:57 PM, CyberJawa1986 said:

I was thinking the same thing, but then remembered Dorothy (maybe Trish) explaining the social media videos only have a certain amount of views and then poof... deleted.

Yes, VideoYap is an MCU version of Snapchat. Dorothy said that you can only view the video twice before it's deleted, which neither Jessica nor Trish knew when they watched the first video where Sallinger specifically said he was going to kill someone by 7pm.

When he sent the second video, Jessica knew this so she watched the video once and then recorded it when she played it the second time. Unfortunately, the second video didn't actually say he was going to kill someone so playing that during her live interview wouldn't have proven much to the general public.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, rmontro said:

A lot of the response I'm reading here is that Trish got what she deserved, and that may be so.  But for me, Dorothy getting killed like that was impactful and horrific.  

I don't think she got what she deserved, in the killing of her mother. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

• Love 2

What exactly did Trish do to pull Jessica out of the reporter crowd? It looked like she had one of Batman's toys. Did she shoot something and that pulled them up? Where did she get it? Did she actually jump? If she jumped that high, with Jessica in her arms, then whoa, that superpower is getting more powerful by the episode.