Type keyword(s) to search

The InBetween - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 8/1/2019 at 9:17 AM, Clanstarling said:

Since either ghosts aren't real, or I just haven't seen one, I pretty much accept what a show centered around ghosts do with them, as long as they keep it consistent in the show.

Which means that I don't have any trouble with ghosts "sitting" - since they have no weight, they won't fall through the surface and would hover in that position - which because they're body less, wouldn't strain any muscles. And....that's way too much thought about it.  LOL

I always thought that when people see ghosts, angels, etc in any show, they always seem to appear in a way that makes sense to the human seeing them, versus the way they probably really are in whatever other plane they normally exist in. So the various ghosts appearing to Cassie in a way that relates to her human experience seems right to me.

• Love 1

I'm not sure why I keep watching, probably in the vain hope that at some point they'll figure out how to be a good  show.

So we got episode six this week.

I know the theme this week was moving on, but it was sort of anvilish in its execution.

You know that community centers probably have schedules or something listing their activities on a notice board or online, right? I didn't get the cloak and daggering about what kind of meeting it was. Also, self help for new brides is a thing? 

I had hoped that the message the dead woman (in the car crash) would be something ominous about The Inbetween or ghosts or whatever. Perhaps it would have been more interesting if it was a ghost that made the car crash instead of a deer. Something like, there are evil spirits who have escaped The Inbetween and you need to know this, Cassie. 

They appeared to cut off the end scene in that weird way again. Like they were still in the middle of that conversation and they went to credits. Drives me nuts every time.

• Love 1
On 8/1/2019 at 8:59 PM, tennisgurl said:

So its inevitable that Cassie's ghost mom will show up right? She has now ran into TWO ghost drug addicts trying to make amends to to their kids from beyond the grave, and this one was directly connected to her mother. Yeah, ghost mom is coming. 

Yeah...but now that we know Brian was essentially mom's BFF and knew Cassie from birth, it doesn't really make sense that he wouldn't have stepped in to help Cassie, if things were really as bad for her/them as Cassie suggested. You'd think maybe he would offer to have Cassie stay with him for a while, if not both her and Mom, versus running to all these loser boyfriends and crappy apartments.

Re: Brian's doctor appointment - Again, this scene made me painfully aware of the fact that the two actors are not actually gay. They get scary medical news, and Tom basically just gives Brian a manly arm slap, while Brian himself focuses more on Cassie (like she's a young child) instead? Would it have killed the two men to hug at that moment? That would be way more realistic at a moment like that, IMO.

Re: Will - I honestly can't figure out what the purpose of this character is. From having Cassie hook up with him in the pilot, we then went to barely seeing her interact with him at all in most episodes. Then in this one, they had some deeper interactions, but that could also have been with Melinda or literally anyone. It's kind of like the police captain woman, or even the two younger team members at the PD - you get the feeling that they are supposed to be important in the lives of our main characters, but it's like the writers ran out of steam when it came to actually developing their stories for people to see.

• Love 2
On 8/2/2019 at 6:52 AM, AnimeMania said:

And he had millions of dollars, but he still didn't put you in his will. He just wanted to say that he loves you, is proud of you, and thinks you will have a great life.

I really liked that Cassie told him no one when he wanted to throw a curveball in that boys’ life.  

We’ve seen her give other people messages from the dead- although she lied about Abigails message to her Mom.   

1 minute ago, SnarkySheep said:

It's kind of like the police captain woman, or even the two younger team members at the PD - you get the feeling that they are supposed to be important in the lives of our main characters, but it's like the writers ran out of steam when it came to actually developing their stories for people to see.

The entire cast lacks the passion and energy you see on other TV shows.

• Love 1

The people in the cases of the week have had way more screen time than Chad James Buchanan across all episodes.  He's mostly just there to say hi or bye to Cassie at the bar as he or she arrives or departs.  Like it was so important to remind the audience that someone else works with her at the bar or keeps it running when she's not there that they had to create a (on-paper) regular part.  His biggest character "development" is that he got into culinary school and he's into casual sex with Cassie.  I'd think he was a ghost just chilling / not aware he's a ghost except other live people have referenced him, too.

I still enjoy the show (decreased summer programming really helps) and have watched episodes more than once on hulu, but I find it so peculiar how they don't or won't flesh out so many facets.  I didn't find the small, intermittent glimpses into the main characters' lives on other police shows like SVU (early seasons - haven't watched post-Stabler) to be odd, but The InBetween revolves around an actual concept apart from the crimes and the two leads are family.  I wish they would establish more rules to understand how her senses work (not sure what to call them ... they're not powers? ...), especially since they knew they had a short episode order rather than "well, we gotta slow-burn this over 22."  And I agree with others who think the family dynamic seems shortchanged with scenes that are mostly just one-on-one and the almost roommate-ish interaction between Tom and Brian.  I actually think it would be better if they just said that the romance had fizzled out long ago, but they still cared for each other as close friends and were in no hurry to get divorced, if ever.  That would be more interesting to me than what they've actually depicted.

I also wonder why no one at the station has questioned how Tom gets some of his leads. They've done nothing to show that the other personnel are lazy or incompetent, or that he's some kind of maverick whose unusual, intangible way of doing things is the key to his unparalleled success and everyone just accepts that.  Sure, in the episode with the couples being murdered and the flowers delivered to the female victim's gym workplace, he doesn't have to tell anyone that he found the motorcycle belonging to the guy who left the flowers via Cassie's vision of the parking ticket.  He can just pretend it was his idea to check the parking ticket records around that time/area and it panned out.  But in the second episode with the guy who kidnapped that other guy's young son, Tom discovered his address by looking into medical equipment orders and where they were shipped.  How did he explain that??  And could they get that information without a warrant that required basis and a judge's approval??  "Just a hunch that the missing boy was being subjected to a medical procedure requiring recently-purchased equipment," he writes in his paperwork and explains to his captain, who granted only comes into the bullpen for 5 minutes a day.

I know this show will not be renewed, but I would watch season 2 if there was one.  As bland as it can be, I still like enough about it.  Tom's hat must be the tipping point.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, SnarkySheep said:

Yeah...but now that we know Brian was essentially mom's BFF and knew Cassie from birth, it doesn't really make sense that he wouldn't have stepped in to help Cassie, if things were really as bad for her/them as Cassie suggested. You'd think maybe he would offer to have Cassie stay with him for a while, if not both her and Mom, versus running to all these loser boyfriends and crappy apartments.

Re: Brian's doctor appointment - Again, this scene made me painfully aware of the fact that the two actors are not actually gay. They get scary medical news, and Tom basically just gives Brian a manly arm slap, while Brian himself focuses more on Cassie (like she's a young child) instead? Would it have killed the two men to hug at that moment? That would be way more realistic at a moment like that, IMO.

Re: Will - I honestly can't figure out what the purpose of this character is. From having Cassie hook up with him in the pilot, we then went to barely seeing her interact with him at all in most episodes. Then in this one, they had some deeper interactions, but that could also have been with Melinda or literally anyone. It's kind of like the police captain woman, or even the two younger team members at the PD - you get the feeling that they are supposed to be important in the lives of our main characters, but it's like the writers ran out of steam when it came to actually developing their stories for people to see.

Even BFFs don't always know the depths of their friends' problems, and offers of help are often rejected - even a seemingly benign offer from a best friend to take your child off of your hands for a while could be interpreted as a way to remove the child from your life forever when you know deep down you're in deep and struggling.

As for the lack of hugs - not everybody in life is a hugger - not even gays. My own gay kid hates being hugged with a passion. And then some people are reserved enough to keep the emotional demonstrations of relief and/or grief to when they're in private. There have been plenty of straight actors who didn't have an issue with hugging, kissing, or having sex scenes with people of their own gender, so I don't know that I'd blame it on the actors. Given that the show is emotionally reserved on pretty much every front (Damien's own grief, for instance), I think it's more a directorial/showrunner choice than anything else.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Writing Wrongs said:

I get that people grieve in different ways, but 34 years seems like a long time to keep Millie's room the exact same.

Unless you have another kid or a use for that particular room, I could see nobody in the family wanting to go in there.

• Love 1

I know from friends who've had (different) tragedies that how they imagined they'd react was far from how they reacted when faced with reality and not imagination. I can't bring myself to imagine this in my own life, so I can't even guess at how I'd react.

Given she was missing, I'm sure they would keep the room the same for years in hope that she'd return. At some point, it could become either a place of comfort or a place no one can make themselves go into.

Anyway, I thought this was a pretty good episode, and I liked that they are starting to include other people who can hear ghosts - which gives some ghosts power in the real world if they use it for evil. I hate that it's this guy, because I hate the accent (not the actor). But the concept could have some interesting story lines. Again, just wish it wasn't this story line.

I did like Cassie telling her dad that he can't have it both ways when it comes to her "gift."

• Love 4

Well that is certainly an interesting development. The serial killer son can also see ghosts, and the serial killer has been in his head since he was a kid so that he can continue his murder legacy. Its three generations of killing! More people who can see ghosts is an interesting idea, kind of a dark mirror to Cassie, and that has some real potential. 

I get why so many shows do the serial killer thing, its creepy and disturbing and you get lots of dead people and are almost easier to write than other kinds of murderers, but I am kind of over it. If your show is specifically about serial killers or true crime I guess I get it, but when its just a crime show or something like this, its kind of old hat at best, and weirdly voyeuristic at worst. Just a never ending parade of creepy guys waxing on about their love of killing and beautiful screaming terrified women who are soon to be killed horribly. Just, I dont know, can we shake it up a bit? 

I hope this show gets a second season, because while I enjoy this show a lot and think its quite good, I think its really close to being a truly excellent show. It just needs to lean just a bit harder into the characters and emotions and commit a bit harder to its stories, I feel like its at a bit of a distance right now if that makes sense. I think its a show that can improve and grow into an even better season two.

• Love 3
On 8/4/2019 at 9:47 AM, Clanstarling said:

As for the lack of hugs - not everybody in life is a hugger - not even gays. My own gay kid hates being hugged with a passion. And then some people are reserved enough to keep the emotional demonstrations of relief and/or grief to when they're in private. ... Given that the show is emotionally reserved on pretty much every front (Damien's own grief, for instance), I think it's more a directorial/showrunner choice than anything else.

Yeah, I would think that too...except that both Tom and Brian have been shown to be affectionate with Cassie almost constantly, e.g. hugging her, kissing the top of her head, stroking her hair. It's just with each other that they're not.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, SnarkySheep said:

Yeah, I would think that too...except that both Tom and Brian have been shown to be affectionate with Cassie almost constantly, e.g. hugging her, kissing the top of her head, stroking her hair. It's just with each other that they're not.

Cassie continues to be my favorite character. I think Tom and Brian don't kiss is so that the show doesn't get any protesters, I knew Roven was his father when they mentioned that their MO's were similar.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, kathyk2 said:

I knew Roven was his father when they mentioned that their MO's were similar.

I don't think Roven is his father in a biological sense. He sought out Roven after watching Roven kill his mother, probably became Roven's apprentice while Roven was alive and was still able to see/talk to Roven now that Roven is dead.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

The serial killer son can also see ghosts, and the serial killer has been in his head since he was a kid so that he can continue his murder legacy. Its three generations of killing! 

They were not related.  The older two were friends. The youngest was the son of the woman Ed dated and killed.  Not his blood son, and not his stepson. 

• Useful 2
5 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

They were not related.  The older two were friends. The youngest was the son of the woman Ed dated and killed.  Not his blood son, and not his stepson. 

Yes I know that they are not related, I meant that its three generations of mentor/mentee serial killers. First the old guy killer, then the ghost guy before he  was a ghost, and then the ghost following the kid around inspiring him to kill people the way he used to. Its a cycle of mentors. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

Yes I know that they are not related, I meant that its three generations of mentor/mentee serial killers. First the old guy killer, then the ghost guy before he  was a ghost, and then the ghost following the kid around inspiring him to kill people the way he used to. Its a cycle of mentors. 

Yes, 3 killers, a succession of mentors. But- there was only a few years of age between the first two.  Ed just looks so much younger because he was executed 10-20 years ago while  ‘old guy’ continues to age. 

I get your main point though, that it is unusual for serial killers to mentor in succession and over a long  time period. 

• Love 1
On 8/8/2019 at 9:42 PM, tennisgurl said:

I hope this show gets a second season, because while I enjoy this show a lot and think its quite good, I think its really close to being a truly excellent show. It just needs to lean just a bit harder into the characters and emotions and commit a bit harder to its stories, I feel like its at a bit of a distance right now if that makes sense. I think its a show that can improve and grow into an even better season two.

It needs less restraint. I feel the same way about The Inbetween as I did about Timeless. The concept is interesting, but it lacks the grit that goes with the supernatural theme. I wonder if it wouldn't have been better served on Syfy or AMC. 

You could potentially do so much with a character like Roven, but either they don't know how or aren't allowed because it's a PG show. 

Part of me would like a second season to see if they could regroup and improve. It's not a terrible show and they have all the right elements but the fit just isn't right.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Aliferously said:

It needs less restraint. I feel the same way about The Inbetween as I did about Timeless. The concept is interesting, but it lacks the grit that goes with the supernatural theme.

I enjoyed Timeless, except for Lucy, who I thought was an extremely boring lead. However Timeless had enough other interesting and humorous characters to make up for it.  Timeless was meant to be exactly what it was- I didn’t think it needed to be ‘dark’. 

This show, other than Ed and some of the ghosts, the characters are boring and humorless.  It’s so bleak  that I swear it’s almost filmed in  black and white.  Yet I watch anyway.   

So glad that bad Southern accent guy is gone. I guess Cassie's mom will have a major role next season. I wonder who they'll cast?

So they don't call them chapels any more, it's "meditation room"? Geez.

Edited by Writing Wrongs
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Writing Wrongs said:

So glad that bad Southern accent guy is gone. I guess Cassie's mom will have a major role next season. I wonder who they'll cast?

So they don't call them chapels any more, it's "meditation room"? Geez.

I'm very glad he's gone too. I didn't mind the actor, but the accent was horrible.

I like that it's a meditation room instead of a chapel, myself. Not everyone who needs a moment of peace in the hospital is religious, and some would hesitate to go to a place clearly marked as religious (however non-denominational and neutral the term might be).

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Writing Wrongs said:

so glad that bad Southern accent guy is gone.

Yes! Roven's accent and general menace pales compared to Brad Dourif as Luther Lee Boggs on the XFiles 25 years ago -Southern Gothic creepy perfection.

I've been getting used to Cassie's sweet, bland passivity, so her actions in this latest episode were a needle scratch for me. I admit I often fall asleep during this show, so did I miss that Cassie normally keeps a taser on her nightstand? And does anyone believe a tiny woman can kick a giant raging man across the bed and out a window to his death?

Also, what was up with Cassie in the meditation room snarling at the Higher Power: don't send me any more Murder of the Week problems unless you keep Li'l Richard Gere (Dad #2) alive? Totally out of character, no matter how worried she was.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, sempervivum said:

I've been getting used to Cassie's sweet, bland passivity, so her actions in this latest episode were a needle scratch for me. I admit I often fall asleep during this show, so did I miss that Cassie normally keeps a taser on her nightstand? And does anyone believe a tiny woman can kick a giant raging man across the bed and out a window to his death?

Well Cassie had just kicked Waterman in his nards in the scene right before. This probably turned his legs to spaghetti, so when she used those thigh muscles (they look pretty powerful) Waterman did a squiddly diddly right out of the win-der. Oh yeah, there was probably ice still on the bottoms of his shoes since he just came in from a snow storm and was too rude to wipe his feet.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Yes! Roven's accent and general menace pales compared to Brad Dourif as Luther Lee Boggs on the XFiles 25 years ago -Southern Gothic creepy perfection.

Also, what was up with Cassie in the meditation room snarling at the Higher Power: don't send me any more Murder of the Week problems unless you keep Li'l Richard Gere (Dad #2) alive? Totally out of character, no matter how worried she was.

I don't think of her as being that small (being a tiny woman myself - she seems much larger than me) The men around her are pretty tall, especially her cop dad, in any case. You can get a lot of force and momentum going from that position, and the window was very close to the bed, so it worked for me. The taser doesn't seem too out of bounds given that she's grown up with a policeman as a father, and works in a bar, but it would have been good to have had that set up in an earlier episode (or even earlier in this episode).

5 hours ago, MrsSerega said:

I knew it was a bad sign when the Doc said the other father had been dead 10 minutes. 

I believe it was seconds, not minutes.

59 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

I don't think of her as being that small (being a tiny woman myself - she seems much larger than me)

According to wiki, she's 5'3", so you must be really, really tiny. The guy she was fighting with looked to be well over 6'.

7 hours ago, sempervivum said:

what was up with Cassie in the meditation room snarling at the Higher Power: don't send me any more Murder of the Week problems unless you keep Li'l Richard Gere (Dad #2) alive? Totally out of character, no matter how worried she was.

Having been in the same situation*, her prayer bargaining was almost uncomfortable to watch because it was so real. 

*(That is loved one at the point of death, not Cassandra powers to leverage the man upstairs.)

• Love 6
7 hours ago, sempervivum said:

I admit I often fall asleep during this show, so did I miss that Cassie normally keeps a taser on her nightstand? And does anyone believe a tiny woman can kick a giant raging man across the bed and out a window to his death?

Per Google, Harriet Dyer is 5'8" - a respectable height for a woman. I think people just think she's smaller than she is, standing beside the 6'4" Paul Blackthorne so often.

I too thought the taser location was a bit too convenient, but then the taser featured rather prominently in recent episodes, e.g. Brian giving it to her, Cassie telling Castle's daughter how she always forgets to charge it, etc. But that it was right where she needed it?

That said, why did Waterman drag her up a flight of stairs and to her bedroom? Wouldn't it have been considerably easier to simply strangle her right on the living room floor? Seemed unnecessarily complicated IMO.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, sempervivum said:

According to wiki, she's 5'3", so you must be really, really tiny. The guy she was fighting with looked to be well over 6'.

Yes, I'm really, really tiny. She has me beat by a number of inches (whether she's 5'3" or 5'8").

22 minutes ago, SnarkySheep said:

Per Google, Harriet Dyer is 5'8" - a respectable height for a woman. I think people just think she's smaller than she is, standing beside the 6'4" Paul Blackthorne so often.

I too thought the taser location was a bit too convenient, but then the taser featured rather prominently in recent episodes, e.g. Brian giving it to her, Cassie telling Castle's daughter how she always forgets to charge it, etc. But that it was right where she needed it?

That said, why did Waterman drag her up a flight of stairs and to her bedroom? Wouldn't it have been considerably easier to simply strangle her right on the living room floor? Seemed unnecessarily complicated IMO.

I totally missed the taser in the other episodes, so I take back my complaint that it wasn't shown before. Boy, I must have dozed through a few scenes here and there.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Clanstarling said:

I totally missed the taser in the other episodes, so I take back my complaint that it wasn't shown before. Boy, I must have dozed through a few scenes here and there.

Yeah, it was pretty prominently mentioned - along with the pepper spray that Cassie used to spray the attacker in the face outside Council - as well as Brian's forgetfulness which of course had to turn quickly into a Huge Medical Issue. (We also had Cassie just recently mentioning how Tom had insisted she take a self defense course as a teen, so alas, here we had an episode where she used those skills.) Much as I enjoyed this show, I have to say they were really heavy-handed about inserting things that would factor largely into upcoming plots. 

Edited by SnarkySheep
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I believe it was seconds, not minutes.

I'm pretty sure the other poster was right. I'm pretty sure the doctor said "about ten minutes."

17 hours ago, SnarkySheep said:

He didn't. He followed her up the flight of stairs to her bedroom. As soon as he was in the house, she took off running upstairs and he followed her. After seeing that her taser was on the nightstand in her bedroom, I assumed that was the reason she went up there because initially I was screaming, "Why do they always run upstairs instead of outside?!"

On another note, that little scene at the end with the dude in the mirror totally creeped me TF out. Who was that guy anyway? And Cassie was acting shocked when Abigail was saying her mom helped her in the InBetween. Did she not already know her mother was dead? Am I missing something?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Jennabelle88 said:

I'm pretty sure the other poster was right. I'm pretty sure the doctor said "about ten minutes."

He didn't. He followed her up the flight of stairs to her bedroom. As soon as he was in the house, she took off running upstairs and he followed her. After seeing that her taser was on the nightstand in her bedroom, I assumed that was the reason she went up there because initially I was screaming, "Why do they always run upstairs instead of outside?!"

On another note, that little scene at the end with the dude in the mirror totally creeped me TF out. Who was that guy anyway? And Cassie was acting shocked when Abigail was saying her mom helped her in the InBetween. Did she not already know her mother was dead? Am I missing something?

Pretty sure it was 10 seconds, 10 minutes with a stopped heart would cause massive brain damage. The guy looked like he just had a nap.

The actor in the mirror was Christopher Heyerdahl. If you ever seen the scifi show Van Helsing he is a regular and has parts in pretty much any Scifi show filmed in Vancouver, Canada.

I think she was shocked about her mother being in the inbetween instead of heaven or hell while at the same time never contacting her.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, UnknownK said:

Pretty sure it was 10 seconds, 10 minutes with a stopped heart would cause massive brain damage. The guy looked like he just had a nap.

The actor in the mirror was Christopher Heyerdahl. If you ever seen the scifi show Van Helsing he is a regular and has parts in pretty much any Scifi show filmed in Vancouver, Canada.

I think she was shocked about her mother being in the inbetween instead of heaven or hell while at the same time never contacting her.

My apologies. I just read the script on Google and the doctor says fifteen seconds. You're right - ten minutes would cause massive damage. Lol

I meant who was the guy as it pertains to Cassie, not the actual actor himself.

I questioned if Cassie knew her mother was dead, not that she was stuck in the InBetween. When she was negotiating with God or Whoever, she asked him to please make her mother stop drinking. If she's dead, how can she stop drinking?

• Love 1
Just now, Jennabelle88 said:

I meant who was the guy as it pertains to Cassie, not the actual actor himself.

I questioned if Cassie knew her mother was dead, not that she was stuck in the InBetween. When she was negotiating with God or Whoever, she asked him to please make her mother stop drinking. If she's dead, how can she stop drinking?

The guy seems to have hitched a ride in the body of one of Cassie's dads from the brief time that he was dead. When Cassie looks at the Dad's face she sees her dad, but when she looks in the mirror she sees the other guy.

When Cassie mentions to God to stop her mother from drinking, she was listing all of the other times she was asking God to help her and God didn't. She was telling God this was the last time she going to ask God for anything or do God's Will (use her gift to help people) unless God started to help her fight these ghosts in some kind of way.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Jennabelle88 said:

questioned if Cassie knew her mother was dead, not that she was stuck in the InBetween. When she was negotiating with God or Whoever, she asked him to please make her mother stop drinking. If she's dead, how can she stop drinking?

Cassie was just going over all the requests/prayers she made in the past.  She has always known her mom was dead.  She talked about not understanding why her mom’s ghost has not come to see her. I think Cassie just thought her mom had moved on from the In-between. 

• Love 3

I am really glad that the southern ghost killer is finally gone. The actor was quite creepy, but his stupid accent was getting on my nerves. Now it looks like this other guy who hitched a ride with her dad will be the next Big Bad. Will they need to give Brian an exorcism of some kind?!

The bit where Cassie was angrily begging God to save Brian seemed really real to me, sometimes desperation just really hits you in those moments, and even if it seems ridiculous, you can find yourself bargaining and making these kind of threats to anyone who might be listening to stop someone you love from being hurt. 

Cassie is such a tiny person, especially as they keep putting her in scenes with these really tall guys.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Aliconehead said:

I think Cassie just thought her mom had moved on from the In-between. 

Millie moved on didn't she? But she could still come back to kick Rowan's ass. So it's possible that Cassie's mother did the same....

Question though: is Abigail in the In Between or not? I thought her moving on was established when she changed her outfit. Or was that just about freeing her from her pain/anger?

Edited by ursula
  • Love 2

Yeah, that. Sorry.

I watched episode eight (I know, I'm behind.) last night. 

Cassie: He didn't happen to die because of swords, did he?

Bartender: You have a dark mind, it was a heart attack.

I don't know why but that made me laugh so hard. I was still giggling about it hours later.

• Love 3
On 8/16/2019 at 4:43 PM, ursula said:

Millie moved on didn't she? But she could still come back to kick Rowan's ass. So it's possible that Cassie's mother did the same....

Question though: is Abigail in the In Between or not? I thought her moving on was established when she changed her outfit. Or was that just about freeing her from her pain/anger?

Yeah, this bit got a little confusing to me as well. I thought that InBetween was about people who were "stuck," as in couldn't move on to heaven or wherever it is they go after earth, because they have some kind of unfinished business. Well, Millie got the police to find her body and give her family closure; Abigail got revenge on her grandpa and helped her mom and sister get away from an abuser. So I would think that's about as much closure as anybody is going to get. Yet they seem able to come back at any time that Cassie needs or wants them to.

• Love 2

Episode nine (one more after this one, I think and then I'll be caught up)

- Millie was really the most unhelpful ghost ever. 

- Say Roven was in his early twenties in 1985 (the actor didn't look much older to me), how did he turn into a middle aged creeper by the early 90's? I kept thinking of that video from the pilot where he was questioned about his Texas victim. That must have been taken sometime between his arrest and his trial, right?

- I think that the Inbetween is broken in a way. That whoever resides there aren't able to leave even though they have their closure. Maybe that's why Abigail and Roven keep coming back. Personally, I think they make episodes more enjoyable, so I quite like this rotation of steadfast ghosts.

- For the first time since the pilot, I actually liked the closing scene. 

Concerning season 2, no news is good news, right? 

Edited by Aliferously
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Shouldn't you wait until they cancel it first?

That might be too late. Considering how long they're taking to announce a decision, it can't hurt to let them know there are a lot of supporters.

• Love 1

My own pathetic social media plea

Please give it a second season so it can be a better show and find its footing. And if

@nbc

doesn't want it (I think it's quite wasted there anyway), please donate it to a network that will make it thrive. Because I know that it can and will if given the chance. #TheInbetween

I don't know why part of me wants this so badly, but I do.

Watched the finale:

- Man, that bed was conveniently placed to kick him out the window.

-So, did Waterman survive? They never said what happened to him, did they? Why does his maximum security prison not have its own medical ward? That was the most useless prison break ever.

-I was thinking Abigail and Roven as sort of darkness/light type guides, whatever you want to call it. I really have come to appreciate both actors because they bring something magic to their roles. I don't mind the accent or the brattiness so much. IF there is a season 2, I hope they get to come back. 

- Roven sings the Peter Rabbit song better. Just saying.

-I didn't quite catch the final scene, but man that guy looked creepy. Also, not a sub standard ghost. Where the hell has he been all season?

-Who is up and about three minutes post brain surgery? Wouldn't he be in the ICU until they were sure he was going to make it.

Edited by Aliferously
added finale thoughts
  • Love 2