Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Restless Energy / S02.E02: White Lines

• Start Topic

Now living very different lives, Tyrone and Tandy try to stay under the wire while still honing their powers. After coming to terms with their destiny, the two now find it difficult to just stand by and do nothing while bad things continue to happen throughout the city. Meanwhile, Brigid is struggling from her recovery.

and

Desperate to help, but only finding they cause more problems than solving them, Tyrone and Tandy continue to struggle with their situation. What is the point of having superpowers if you only seem to make things worse?

Airing Thursday, April 4, 2019.

Seeing Tyrone in the church was so much harder than seeing Tandy there. For one, we know Tyrone so much better than we knew Tandy at the same time last season. Tyrone is just a fundamentally more innocent kid than Tandy was. Additionally when the show checked in with Tandy's mom, we saw that she was an absolute disaster and that Tandy squatting in the church could be considered an improvement to Tandy's living situation. However, Tyrone's parents were and are good parents. Checking in with them shows that they are still stable. Seeing Tyrone desperately try to keep up with his studies, check in on the people he cares about, and try to keep crime down breaks my heart.

I don't know anything about the Mayhem character in the comics. I assumed, based on really nothing, that Brigid had DID from her death last season and Mayhem was a personality who could access Brigid's new powers. I didn't think Mayhem was capable of physically separating from Brigid.

And yes, it was nice to see that the kids aren't perfect heroes. They are well-meaning screw ups.

• Love 3
(edited)

I kind of like that Ty and Tandy don't know what they are doing. They are teenagers. Their hearts are in the right place but all this stuff is much more complicated than they realize. Taking some drugs and money from the dealers isn't going to put them out of business and yelling a victim of abuse to just leave isn't going to help them. 

With Brigid I figured they were going with a Jekyll and Hyde situation. Didn't expect her to split into 2 different people. I can also see Cloak working with Brigid and Dagger working with Mayhem because she gets stuff done, at least until she gets too violent and kills innocents. 

This show is surprisingly much deeper than most of the Freeform shows. I know they are probably limited on their knowledge and what they can show. But at least it will bring awareness to the younger people that watch this. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3

Just that short discussion of faith confirms my confidence in this team being the show most able to build a world and tell a story based upon half of the people turning to dust.

I wish that someone is allowed to do a season on the subject.

• Love 2

Best damn Marvel episodes in a while. I too loved their unforced errors. At least they are trying.  This series is thoughtful and well written with excellent music.  Nice to see their powers are still evolving. The physical split of Bridget and Mayhem was totally unexpected and hilarious, "Let's go before she comes back!". I love Mayhem's attitude, especially when dealing with the wife of the deceased gang leader. "I'll go Sotheby's all over this house!"

• Love 2

Poor Tyrone, he is such a sweet, well meaning kid, its so sad to see him at the church. Its not ideal for him OR Tandy, but Tandy was already a pretty tough kid by the time we met her. 

Its nice to see them both trying out the whole superhero thing, but also screwing it up. Their hearts are in the right place, but they're also obviously new to this whole vigilante thing, and are making mistakes based on their own issues or rushing into things without thinking about what would come next. It makes sense, they are teenagers after all. 

I assumed that Bridget and Mayhem totally shared a body, but I guess they can split up! Well that certainly complicates things! 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I assumed that Bridget and Mayhem totally shared a body, but I guess they can split up! Well that certainly complicates things! 

That caught a lot of us by surprise.  Not having read the comics, is this how it was done, two separate people? How does one tell them apart to work with? Do you go on attitude, demeanor, snarl?

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

That caught a lot of us by surprise.  Not having read the comics, is this how it was done, two separate people? How does one tell them apart to work with? Do you go on attitude, demeanor, snarl?

nail polish lol when its mayhem the color was a bright green when it was Bridget her nail color I think was burgundy lol 

• LOL 2

They really need to get rid of Evita. There's no need for Ty to have some annoying girlfriend along for the ride.

The show IS Ty and Tandy, imo. These episodes already improved on last season by pairing them for most of it, so I know they realize that now. They should be a complete duo as much as possible, love story included. No need for tagalong outsiders.

On 4/7/2019 at 7:22 PM, Jacks-Son said:

In the comics, they are the same person. At least physically. Mayhem is kind of a greenish corpse-like slasher antihero version of Brigid - literally a revenant. So, effectively, the show has kept the idea of the Brigid and Mayhem personalities being dynamically extreme from one another (law abiding cop and lawbreaking vigilante) but actually physically separated them from one another. Not sure yet if I'm totally on board with the idea, but it is an interesting dynamic.

Edited by Cthulhudrew
  • Love 1

Thank you @Cthulhudrew. I understand your skepticism, but I guess it looks better from the show's viewpoint, it would probably also be cheaper. The television version of "Deadly Class" really tries hard to follow the graphic novels and they've succeeded spectacularly.

That was a pretty good return. I'm interested in seeing how they  build on it. 

Felt for Ty who lives in this world but is essentially an outsider.  Evita is gonna annoy me if she turns into a nag/ someone used to move the plot forward when the writers get stuck.

I love that unlike most shows, this show actually showed why its a bad idea to yell at a domestic abuse victims and demand they get their shit together.

The show twist on Mayhem is ehh. Im not really  for or against it yet. 

Their team up felt organic and the actors do a good job showing great friendship chemistry without a hint of romance. which I like

• Love 1

I am so glad this show is back!

I am probably in the minority but I like Evita and Ty/Evita and I'm not really a fan of romantic Ty/Tandy. I enjoy their Brotp-dom so much. 

Also can we just acknowledge that Auntie Chantelle casted a veve to protect Ty from Evita's anger? 😂

• Love 1