Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

Going back to annual guest regulars on the show, I wonder if Colleen , etiquette  teacher , will still teach her " How to eat continental style" session.  I eat with my fork tines in the up position- I've been trying to convert😇

Kelly's description of the restaurant " private, members only exclusive" still bothers me.

KaShara's description of quail still makes me laugh- "it taste like a game bird".😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Katmcc said:

Kitty was always highly insensitive and I think that’s why they eventually distanced themselves with her on the show. I never got it, either. Is she really well known in Dallas? She, personally, comes off very sloppy and out of touch with today’s style, but has no issues putting others down. 

Even though kitty had/has an odd ball teaching style, I do like how she handles business.Rip off the bandaide and be done with it.

Vivian and her tin man outfit - somebody had to tell her the honest truth. Rachel and her humility speech about not being the last or the best. Ashley from the Chiefs trying to look cute in an extra ye!low top over her workout clothes. Someone showing up with a navel jewelry  to her session. Danielle a little obsessed with her makeover hair. Kitty does have an eye for the little, yet comical things.

K&J always seem to have a hard time with the last few cuts. Kitty can come in and clean house - including vets, in about 5 minutes. I would be a little pissed though if you ask for my thoughts and consistently did whatever. And I like her popping in on the 1st rehearsal- to see the TCCs travel and kick across the floor, on beat; victims all over the place.😂

And she got the swimsuit fashion show production in Mexico under control. Was the last time they did a runway show in bathing suits?

With that said - didn't care for kitty being a tattle tale on Chelsea. 

Edited by sATL
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, go4luca said:

But Lauren did go on the calendar shoot and help out.   Or am I missing something in your post?  BTW, I also applauded her choice not to be photographed.

She went on the calendar trips as an assistant but particularly because of her medical qualifications. She was effectively the resident nurse.

• Love 1

I did the old TWOP 15 days/15 pages rule and didn’t see this, so apologies if it’s been asked & answered:

In the Cassie Trammel days, there is a DCC that looks more like she could be Judy’s daughter than Cassie does; I mean, almost exactly like Judy in her cheering days. I think it’s Kaitlin Ilseng, but I’m not 100% sure. I don’t see it so much in still photos, but on video, it really stands out. Anybody wanna check me on this? Thanks! 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, sATL said:

Going back to annual guest regulars on the show, I wonder if Colleen , etiquette  teacher , will still teach her " How to eat continental style" session.  

I was wondering how much of what we see on the show is just for the show. The appearances of country stars like Kellie Pickler & Kacey Musgraves can be attributed to CMT, but what about guest choreographers, skydiving/trapeze exercises, Power Squad, hanging on to one compelling TCC to cut on the last night - how much of that is standard and how much is just for the show? 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Pj3422 said:

I was wondering how much of what we see on the show is just for the show. The appearances of country stars like Kellie Pickler & Kacey Musgraves can be attributed to CMT, but what about guest choreographers, skydiving/trapeze exercises, Power Squad, hanging on to one compelling TCC to cut on the last night - how much of that is standard and how much is just for the show? 

I like the power squad. Been thinking of ways to change (modernize) it, since its foundation was based on the Army Physical Test, which caused concerns in posts when the episodes originally aired. The Army test has been modified now anyways, called ACFT.

Current ideas:

• add planks - more time in the plank position, more points. 
  • Give options to running, for the non-runners, in equal calories/time/some standard that the run does for a person. I felt sorry for Dayton who had to run mileage on a treadmill when she stated she wasn't a runner.  Swimming, bike, Peloton. Any cardio that meets Kelly's standards when she gives the note "you need to bust ass in cardio".
  • Change out the shirt  & design. Prior/current one looked like it was a cheap afterthought.
  • I don't remember the name, but there was a band excerise where they were on their toes, in a dance position- Melissa R was there. And then there was two TCCs who did muscle toning exercises at the new gym to get ready for the calendar shoot. Make like a circuit of these excerises.
  • For extra credit/points- the spin class where they tried to keep their smile and some of the head turning for the kick line seemed like fun. Melissa was there too but she didn't finish the entire spinning segment.
Edited by sATL
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
On 9/1/2022 at 8:58 AM, RedDelicious said:

Kitty was physically and emotionally abusive in different scenes over the years. She literally pushed girls, grabbed them aggressively and humiliated them in front of the entire group. I know a dance instructor has to be tough but Kitty crossed the line too many times.

I also never liked the makeover scenes in the early years where Kelly and the stylist would stand there and talk about drastic, unfavorable changes like cutting long hair off into a bob or dying hair black, and then Rainer says but what if we tell you you won't make the team if you don't do this? And then they laugh because it's a big joke and the girl in the chair is horrifed. That episode with Olivia Stevanovsky was on yesterday. It also reminds me of when they gave Taylor Lowery Meagan Sharp's haircut and she hated it. These types of things always rubbed me the wrong way. Improving appearance is one thing but totally changing appearances when it isn't what the girl really wants is another.

There's a discussion on Reddit going on about this

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 9/2/2022 at 12:24 PM, dariafan said:

In season 9 has anyone else noticed Kelly is wearing the same top 2 days in a row ??  She wears the top to Makeovers and the next night at rehearsal.

I thought they did a rehearsal the same night as makeovers, so they could watch the TCCs dance with their newly done 'dos.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I thought they did a rehearsal the same night as makeovers, so they could watch the TCCs dance with their newly done 'dos.

I think the team gets that Monday off and they come back on the Tuesday 

• Love 1
On 8/28/2022 at 1:55 PM, sATL said:

Traditions are great, but they can be changed too; sometimes for the better, to keep it fresh and current.

They could also keep the same song but update the choreography a bit.  

On 8/29/2022 at 6:23 PM, sATL said:

Now onto part 2- canton.

I find it hard to believe Kelli & Judy knew very little about the stadium, protocol, playlist and weather.   the hall of fame event happens every single year. The only thing K&J seem to know was that there would be no star on the field in canton.

No one sent a memo on if the grass was turf? No one checked the weather in an place with an outdoor stadium? Texas isn't the only p!ace that gets hot in August.

Here's a thought- maybe they shouldn't have to have their LONG HAIR DOWN ON THEIR NECKS DURING A REHEARSAL?!  If they could just pull their hair up they would probably be at least 5-10 degrees cooler.  Or maybe it's just me- I hate having my hair on my neck when it's hot.  And my hair isn't even that long.

On 8/30/2022 at 9:32 AM, cherryblossom said:

I think when Judy talks of being live performances she is rally talking about where they are doing the routines away from the Star where she can more easily control the variables like performing with a band which might play a different version than the practiced to song or a smaller stage.  She really does have to change things on the fly even when girls suddenly get injured during rehearsal or during a game, formations need to be changed.

I get that, but I hate how she's always saying "the PRESSURE is on."  Just because they had to make a slight change.  This is your job- it shouldn't be that much pressure to make changes and dance.

On 8/30/2022 at 8:20 PM, Bindilou said:

Clearly we disagree. I'm a woman and it offends me. The term (no matter what adjective comes before it is offensive). Also, why is OK for a gay man to use those terms? Why have we decided to be so comfortable, as women, to be called that word? It wasn't until the PC culture took hold that the "n-word" became the "n-word." People were offended - and rightly so. It's pathetic that women are OK with being called a derogatory word. Even if they say "sexy" before it. Sad world we live in. Women supposedly demand respect while at the same time being OK with being called the "b-word."

Nothing happens when you or I are offended.  Life goes on.  And there are way more offensive things than being called the b-word, especially in that context.  Back when I was young, it was more of an insult.  But it has come to be seen as a compliment now.  

On 9/2/2022 at 1:26 PM, scorpio1031 said:

This could just be crazy talk, but I bet their show editors were just as bad as their social media department😜

No, that can't be it.  ;)

On 9/3/2022 at 8:59 PM, sATL said:

Even though kitty had/has an odd ball teaching style, I do like how she handles business.Rip off the bandaide and be done with it.

With that said - didn't care for kitty being a tattle tale on Chelsea. 

The thing I like about Kitty is that she gives USEFUL feedback.  I'll take her harsh but SPECIFIC critiques over Judy saying "do you know what you did wrong?" any day.  But yeah, her tattling on Chelsea and her trash-talking Gina kinda sucked.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4

I hope if/when there is a re-incarnation of the show, they will show why rookie candidates 37 - 45 made the cut. I need footage receipts during the episode,. 😁

In the season where Robin, Holly P & Kashara were TCCs, there was a very, very shy and thinly built candidate Emily.  pictured here : link

The night Kelli cut her , Kelli said she was #38 at auditions.

So - how in the hell did she get past Brenda's news reporter interrogation ?  Emily, specifically, is supposed to be conversant with heads of state, military officers, corporate executives and the general public ? So, supposedly she did so well in the other categories she made it to the top 38 ? Being an ambassador is 1/2 of their job - just what did she do/say to sway the panel that she converses with ease in new situations? Did she set the world on fire with her solo? Did she make one leap out of their seat while viewing the big HD screen?

" Kelli tells her that being timid works in church, but not here. Kelli asks if she can crawl out of her timid shell, or else this may not be a comfortable place for her to be. ".

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, 88Keys said:

I thought she did?  (Great username, by the way!)

Thank you !  No for that lyrical thing she presented Kitty told her to not do it, and she still did. She changed the tin man solo. (Thank goodness )

• Love 5

Is Lacey from a military family? which branch? In season 11 - she said " she moved 72 times by the age of 7"

I know the service members move, alot, but I didn't know it was that much..

2 minutes ago, sATL said:

Is Lacey from a military family? which branch? In season 11 - she said " she moved 72 times by the age of 7"

Her dad was a baseball player 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, dariafan said:

Thank you !  No for that lyrical thing she presented Kitty told her to not do it, and she still did. She changed the tin man solo. (Thank goodness )

You've reminded me of another one of Kelli's inconsistencies.  She said that Vivian's solo wasy too lyrical and emotional or whatever.  But there was at least one other occasion where she praised a finalist for doing a lyrical solo.  I think the bottom line is she just didn't like Vivian.  Same with Colby.  If it wasn't for the fan vote, she wouldn't have let either one of them in.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

You've reminded me of another one of Kelli's inconsistencies.  She said that Vivian's solo wasy too lyrical and emotional or whatever.  But there was at least one other occasion where she praised a finalist for doing a lyrical solo.  I think the bottom line is she just didn't like Vivian.  Same with Colby.  If it wasn't for the fan vote, she wouldn't have let either one of them in.

Vivian did make it back to TC the next year without the fan vote.

2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Her dad was a baseball player 

Was he a major league baseball player?

On 9/3/2022 at 9:50 PM, go4luca said:

But Lauren did go on the calendar shoot and help out.   Or am I missing something in your post?  BTW, I also applauded her choice not to be photographed.

I loved Lauren and wished she'd stayed on for longer. But I'm not buying her excuse for not wanting to be in the swimsuit calendar. Pulling this modesty card whilst dancing and doing sexy moves in tiny hotpants combined with a very short blouse that is meant to enlarge and showcase the girls and a massive cleavage? Really??  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, sATL said:

Yes, we move around a lot. And no, not that much! Typically every 18 months to 3 years but it really depends on what you do and where you trained for. We moved 7 times in the 15 years we've been together...

I'm not buying Lacy's 72 times by the age of 7 by the way. hat's 10 times a year on average which is simply impossible. She probably exaggerated to make her point.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, LilyD said:

I loved Lauren and wished she'd stayed on for longer. But I'm not buying her excuse for not wanting to be in the swimsuit calendar. Pulling this modesty card whilst dancing and doing sexy moves in tiny hotpants combined with a very short blouse that is meant to enlarge and showcase the girls and a massive cleavage? Really??  

Yeah her reasoning sounded good at the time, but I figured by now, more background would have surfaced.  Yes, everyone has a choice to be photographed, but to say her line of work was the consideration.. Hmmm..in a cardiac care unit in a hospital, from that patient point of view?

When they showed flashbacks of DCC Sasha, who teaches middle school,  that would be a work situation where I would be afraid of the calendar resurfacing among the "teasing" crowd .Ahh, the good old days of middle school..😁

And just because A DCC did the photoshoot, doesn't mean a cheerleader will make the final product. Kelly has made it clear, they only need 14 pictures out of thousands taken, and more than 14 vets go on the trip with several designer suits in hand.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, 88Keys said:

I think lyrical works for Kelli (and kitty) for certain skilled/ technically trained dancers, with the correct music selection and costume.

Kelli shed a tear for both of Victoria's rookie year solo auditions. The second one also moved tough-cookie Brenda to tears, which Marshall gave a look like "WTH".😂 . Kelli also liked Lacey's & Rachel W  lyrical solos. Kelli also likes the solos where 5-6  vets, dance along to an guest artist song and dances in show group.

Vivian did  solo #2 for the wrong reason. She was more about showing everyone her hurt from a relationship breakup, than listening to the advice of the same person, two years in a row, and show casing the skills she is more masterful in doing. I doubt kitty was the first person to tell her that lyrical wasn't her strongest card to play.

I do wish Jay would have worked with her  on a regime to make her thighs smaller, as opposed to boxing. Did Melissa R work with her in a smaller group? I.m trying to remember if they showed a vet working with her. For the first fan vote winner, seemed the like the same support services weren't there..2nd go around she really needed tutoring on field work.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, sATL said:

I do wish Jay would have worked with her  on a regime to make her thighs smaller, as opposed to boxing. Did Melissa R work with her in a smaller group? I.m trying to remember if they showed a vet working with her. For the first fan vote winner, seemed the like the same support services weren't there..2nd go around she really needed tutoring on field work.

I remember Vivian doing boxing with Angela Rena. Angela said she had weight issues her rookie year and that boxing helped her.  

18 hours ago, 88Keys said:

You've reminded me of another one of Kelli's inconsistencies.

You've reminded me of yet another. A veteran must have a great interview. Alyssa Torres and Terri both had terrible interviews and were cut. Jessika's interview was, IMO, worse than both of theirs combined, but she made it back.

• Like 4
  • Love 5

When now former head coach Jason Garrett came to speak at a rehearsal, I wish he would have shed some light on how does he make sure a rookie is a good teammate and getting along well in the locker room. I would love to hear another coach's perspective.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, sATL said:

When now I former head coach Jason Garrett came to speak at a rehearsal, I wish he would have shed some light on how does he make sure a rookie is a good teammate and getting along well in the locker room. I would love to hear another coach's perspective.

I would say that not having a director who encourages tattling and stirring the pot would be number 1...lol

• LOL 6
8 hours ago, ByTor said:

You've reminded me of yet another. A veteran must have a great interview. Alyssa Torres and Terri both had terrible interviews and were cut. Jessika's interview was, IMO, worse than both of theirs combined, but she made it back.

What was/were Jessika’s questions?

On 9/7/2022 at 8:32 AM, sATL said:

I do wish Jay would have worked with her  on a regime to make her thighs smaller, as opposed to boxing.

I just watched season 8 on a rerun on MTV here. Kelli admitted several times, that technically there was nothing wrong with Vivian and that she shouldn't lose weight. She looked beautiful, and toned, but... Vivian has a stocky body type:  She's a bit smaller than average, gains muscles easily and tends to have slightly thicker arms and legs. Stocky people also do not have the long legs Kelli loves.

There simply isn't anything she could have done about her thighs.  With specific training, any loss of fat tissue will be replaced by muscle tissue (typical for stocky builds) which will keep your thighs the same size or possibly even bigger because of the muscle tissue. Trust me, I'm as stocky as Vivian and my problem area is my thighs and I worked out hard, really hard and starved myself for several (personal) reasons until a doctor interfered. I still had fairly big thighs with my 94lbs and being 5ft3.....

Vivian was never going to become a DCC, simply because Kelli doesn't want stocky girls on the team. It's not just big thighs and thicker arms (which can be hidden by the blouse) but we also lack the so desirable long legs Kelli is looking for in every girl. According to Kelli, Vivian' s white boots were up to her knee and I think she said the same thing about Ali Droste. (I looked at the pictures and I have to disagree with Kelli here btw)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, LilyD said:

I just watched season 8 on a rerun on MTV here. Kelli admitted several times, that technically there was nothing wrong with Vivian and that she shouldn't lose weight. She looked beautiful, and toned, but... Vivian has a stocky body type:  She's a bit smaller than average, gains muscles easily and tends to have slightly thicker arms and legs. Stocky people also do not have the long legs Kelli loves.

There simply isn't anything she could have done about her thighs.  With specific training, any loss of fat tissue will be replaced by muscle tissue (typical for stocky builds) which will keep your thighs the same size or possibly even bigger because of the muscle tissue. Trust me, I'm as stocky as Vivian and my problem area is my thighs and I worked out hard, really hard and starved myself for several (personal) reasons until a doctor interfered. I still had fairly big thighs with my 94lbs and being 5ft3.....

Vivian was never going to become a DCC, simply because Kelli doesn't want stocky girls on the team. It's not just big thighs and thicker arms (which can be hidden by the blouse) but we also lack the so desirable long legs Kelli is looking for in every girl. According to Kelli, Vivian' s white boots were up to her knee and I think she said the same thing about Ali Droste. (I looked at the pictures and I have to disagree with Kelli here btw)

she lost some of her thighs the 2nd go around. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

What was/were Jessika’s questions?

I don't recall the exact questions, but she didn't really answer anything, basically hemmed and hawed a lot and came off a bit ditzy.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

I don't recall the exact questions, but she didn't really answer anything, basically hemmed and hawed a lot and came off a bit ditzy.

Didn't Tasha mess up on her interview question that same season?

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Thanks.  Ugh they're on 13 now....really don't wanna stay up all night LOL

Please correct me if I’m wrong but Seasons 15-16 are only on Paramount+.  They aren’t even on CMT.  Fingers crossed they’ll be on Pluto sooner vs. later.

1 hour ago, WenD08 said:

Please correct me if I’m wrong but Seasons 15-16 are only on Paramount+.  They aren’t even on CMT.  Fingers crossed they’ll be on Pluto sooner vs. later.

FORGET THIS.  NOT paying for a Paramount sub.  I already have to pay for Peacock just to watch Days of Our Lives after Sunday...not giving out anymore $$$$$$

• Like 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, LilyD said:

I still think it was mean that Kelli called her legs "drumsticks". Vivian looked better in boots like these  https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=606914002703075&set=a.606913519369790

Kelli also said TCC Karen's legs were swallowed up by the boots. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Drumsticks.  Crispy bacon.  Burnt toast.  Noodley.  What did I miss?

Vivian (drumsticks), Kelsey Lowerance (crispy bacon), Kaitlyn La Rae (burnt toast), Rachel Buckmaster (Noodley) 

My favorite is plastic and mannequin like ( Lacey Minchew). 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, WenD08 said:

My Paramount+ only goes through Season 14.  :(

3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Stompy … gangly 

😆

Edited by Rita J
Gangly
9 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I still think it was mean that Kelli called her legs "drumsticks". Vivian looked better in boots like these  https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=606914002703075&set=a.606913519369790

Kelli also said TCC Karen's legs were swallowed up by the boots. 

I'd like if they wore boots like the Rangerettes, no swallowing!

image.thumb.png.21e9fc37407baeebe8b5d57847e77f0b.png

13 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Didn't Tasha mess up on her interview question that same season?

Was that the season where she said she didn't know who Sean Spicer was?

8 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Kaitlyn La Rae (burnt toast)

She was also "orange as Texas mud."

• Love 3

Vivian was struggling with the jumpsplit, she lost her spunk, and seemed enamored with looking at herself in the mirror.   Many dances she had memory problems.  She shrugged on the entrance.  Her cut had nothing to do with weight the second year and it was more than the body her first year.    I don't believe Vivian even tried as much her second year because she thought she had it made.

I just rewatched her cut last week.  Kelli was very much we've seen enough of you.  Goodbye.  The poem was weird.  Vivian and Malena's cuts are in my top five strangest cuts on the show.  

I don't think Vivian was wronged.  I believe Kelli and Judy avoided dealing with a hot mess for the season.  I remember the year she was cut and by the time they cut her, I was glad to see her gone.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Lexusprincess said:

I don't think Vivian was wronged.  I believe Kelli and Judy avoided dealing with a hot mess for the season.  I remember the year she was cut and by the time they cut her, I was glad to see her gone.

I feel the same. If she just as the powerhouse dancer she was the prior year, she would have breezed her way right onto the team. With the oddness and dreamy way of speaking, I couldn't help but wonder exactly what she used to help her lose the weight. I'm not trying to start any rumors, I really don't know anything about her personal life, but it was just something that made me curious.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Kelli missed breakfast is all I can think of. 

2 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

Vivian was struggling with the jumpsplit, she lost her spunk, and seemed enamored with looking at herself in the mirror.   Many dances she had memory problems.  She shrugged on the entrance.  Her cut had nothing to do with weight the second year and it was more than the body her first year.    I don't believe Vivian even tried as much her second year because she thought she had it made.

I just rewatched her cut last week.  Kelli was very much we've seen enough of you.  Goodbye.  The poem was weird.  Vivian and Malena's cuts are in my top five strangest cuts on the show.  

Vivian was just east too much drama and not directable that second season she tried out. She would have been nothing but issues and that’s what got her cut. She’s gorgeous, just 💯 % drama. I would’ve said no, too. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5