Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

On 8/13/2022 at 12:40 AM, ClassicPegg said:

And, she was a Captain last year!  It surprised me, too!

Captains.jpg

Oh goodness, they don’t even have hair diversity in this bouquet. It’s like the Tik Tok filter that multiplies the person.  

• LOL 4
On 8/14/2022 at 11:42 AM, EricaShadows said:

I seem to remember that Meghan Flaherty was a Dallas Stars Ice Angel, but that she seemed to be ice skating a lot more than dancing.  However, she was well-loved on that team and was a captain at one point.  I think she did at least three years, maybe more on that team.

Dallas Stars Ice Girls and Allen American Ice Angels are 2 different teams. Megan was an Ice Girl. 

• Love 1
On 8/11/2022 at 11:41 AM, RedDelicious said:

A huuuundred percent. On all counts! I'm the exact same age as they were on the show (class of '93). If you haven't already (I don't spend much time over on the 90210 boards, so I'm not sure if you're over there), check out the Again With This podcast by the Previously TV OGs. It's outstanding. 

Speaking of 90210.  Rest in peace, Actress Denise Dowse, best known for playing the vice principal . 🙏  to her family.

• Sad 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

New team cameos and bios. are up on Cowboys Website

https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/

the pictures are in seniority order correct? rookies at the bottom. what a difference in not having the show for one year makes. I have to use the MTT wiki website ( link )  to track whom is who.

Kat's a real estate agent? hopefully she can help those like her who were on the move looking for a place to stay with a fur-baby when she was a TCC.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, sATL said:

the pictures are in seniority order correct? rookies at the bottom. what a difference in not having the show for one year makes. I have to use the MTT wiki website ( link )  to track whom is who.

They used to have the girls listed alphabetical by first name.

3 hours ago, sATL said:

Kat's a real estate agent? hopefully she can help those like her who were on the move looking for a place to stay with a fur-baby when she was a TCC.

Kat's bio is incorrect....its actually Rebecca's

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, PomPomPom said:

Kat's bio is incorrect....its actually Rebecca's

rebecca is the real estate agent and Kat is the International Sales and Development Coordinator , correct ? 

I think the schools are right though.

47 minutes ago, sATL said:

rebecca is the real estate agent and Kat is the International Sales and Development Coordinator , correct ? 

I think the schools are right though.

Kat, I believe, is a Real Estate agent as she has been posting a lot about houses and trying to get her first sale a lot on her Instagram stories. She also posted yesterday that she was frustrated about having showings, but either people not showing up or purchasing. I could be remembering the story wrong though.

Kat's and Rebecca's bio's are completely identical though and match Rebecca more then Kat.

10 minutes ago, whosadcc said:

Kat, I believe, is a Real Estate agent as she has been posting a lot about houses and trying to get her first sale a lot on her Instagram stories. She also posted yesterday that she was frustrated about having showings, but either people not showing up or purchasing. I could be remembering the story wrong though.

Kat's and Rebecca's bio's are completely identical though and match Rebecca more then Kat.

k, with the housing market the way it is/claimed (houses are gone in hours after listing) and so many are being shown via online only with pre-qualified or cash buyers or some other means (I get texts daily inquiring if we want to sell ), I can understand why  being a newer traditional agent is having a tough time.

Edited by sATL

Thought provoking questions about a flash back episode. Brandi kilby. Why would Kelli think she was a stripper based on her hair, style of dance (which should have been addressed at auditions )  and nails? It sounded really offensive to me.

My first thought is does one really know what a stripper looks like? Secondly are hairstyles and manicure choice mandated for a stripper position- meaning hair/nails aren't the focus of getting and keeping the job..😁

Then the next day, is rookie makeovers, so that is a perfect time to cut and blow out her hair and get rid of the long nails- which in Brand's denfense weren't all that long. She should have left the fancy salon totally different- to appease kelli . Was it the French manicure  that bugged Kelli? And when was Brandi supposed to get to a nail shop? They don't open all that early and they practice & resherse the rest of the day/night.

The next day Kelli finds documentation and cuts her. Makes me wonder just how long she had it and hard it was to find. If she had planned to cut her why waste the salon's time?

Nails styles are really long now, plus they have their hands in Poms most of the time

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, sATL said:

Why would Kelli think she was a stripper based on her hair

As a curly girl myself, I get super offended when people disparage naturally curly hair. I don't understand what Kelli's problem was. And don't get me started on the dated curly style they gave Paige 😡

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, sATL said:

Thought provoking questions about a flash back episode. Brandi kilby. Why would Kelli think she was a stripper based on her hair, style of dance (which should have been addressed at auditions )  and nails? It sounded really offensive to me.

My first thought is does one really know what a stripper looks like? Secondly are hairstyles and manicure choice mandated for a stripper position- meaning hair/nails aren't the focus of getting and keeping the job..😁

Then the next day, is rookie makeovers, so that is a perfect time to cut and blow out her hair and get rid of the long nails- which in Brand's denfense weren't all that long. She should have left the fancy salon totally different- to appease kelli . Was it the French manicure  that bugged Kelli? And when was Brandi supposed to get to a nail shop? They don't open all that early and they practice & resherse the rest of the day/night.

The next day Kelli finds documentation and cuts her. Makes me wonder just how long she had it and hard it was to find. If she had planned to cut her why waste the salon's time?

Nails styles are really long now, plus they have their hands in Poms most of the time

I don't think they did much of a makeover to Brandi in season 3. When she came back in season 4 they  straightened her hair. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, sATL said:

YES.  I hate that episode.  Brandi seems like a super-sweet girl.  The idea that she looked like a stripper because she did her nails and had curly hair was really awful.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, sATL said:

The next day Kelli finds documentation and cuts her.

Brandi should have stood up after she was cut and said "I'm a stripper, I'm a slut!" Thus explaining seasons later why Kitty used that line on Christina 🤓

• Like 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1

Forgive me everyone. I have been away several years. But if anyone can answer I will virtually worship your omni DCCness

1. What happened to the show-lawsuit? Is it doomed to never return.

2.Victoria is back? or was never gone? Injury. I'm confused.

3. Did they name a new point or points this year?

4. Who are we loving/hating? I am still in girl crush with Kelsey.

5. OMG Cat really made some haters shut up.

6. I'm in denial. Ms Gina is gone. I am still mad she wasn't at point alone. But she's gone. I must not give up all hope in life. 

7. Ah what's the new salty news I should be upset at, and be excited for?

Edited by JuOnline
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, JuOnline said:

Forgive me everyone. I have been away several years. But if anyone can answer I will virtually worship your omni DCCness

1. What happened to the show-lawsuit? Is it doomed to never return.

2.Victoria is back? or was never gone? Injury. I'm confused.

3. Did they name a new point or points this year?

4. Who are we loving/hating? I am still in girl crush with Kelsey.

5. OMG Cat really made some haters shut up.

6. I'm in denial. Ms Gina is gone. I am still mad she wasn't at point alone. But she's gone. I must not give up all hope in life. 

1 there was never a show lawsuit they just didn’t pick them up 

2 she took a year off and is back for a 3rd year 

3 it was posted on here that points are Caroline and Kelsey 

7 no news on anything salty or anything like that 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

1 there was never a show lawsuit they just didn’t pick them up 

2 she took a year off and is back for a 3rd year 

3 it was posted on here that points are Caroline and Kelsey 

7 no news on anything salty or anything like that 

Thank you. I didn't realize there was an option for girls to take a year off and come back without trying out again. Thats why I thought she maybe got injured. Gina tore an ACL  and couldn't dance for a season, and then danced last year right? Or maybe I am confused.

Edited by JuOnline
1 minute ago, JuOnline said:

Thank you. I didn't realize there was an option for girls to take a year off and come back without trying out again. Thats why I thought she maybe got injured. Gina tore an ACL  and couldn't dance for a season, and then danced last year right? Or maybe I am confused.

She did have to retry out 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

She did have to retry out 

Well props to her then. Not many are successful doing that! She looks great in her cameo for sure. I almost didn't recognize her. Or I just have been away so long everything old is new maybe....

Edited by JuOnline
1 hour ago, JuOnline said:

6. Rumor has it Gina moved back to LA, so she won't even be around as an All Star.

7. Nothing salty, no show this year. Lisa attempted to come back and was cut at finals. They ended up taking 37 on the team, no news about how that will play out for games this season. Rumor has it one of the rookies was injured prior to tryouts and camp (Zhenya), but she still made the team. Not sure to what extent or what her story is regarding her injuries, possibly burns? Nothing has been confirmed though. 

Part of me wonders if they took 37 because they know a few of the DCC are nursing injuries and they are expecting some to sit out during the season. But? That is just random speculation.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

She entered at finals like the rest of the vets.  She did not have to do prelims and semis, neither did Lisa

From everything we've been told (including Kelli and Judy? I seem to remember them addressing this on camera when several veterans took some time off and were trying to come back way back when the show was first starting), if a veteran takes a year off, they had to start back at Pre-lims like everyone else, but, should they make Training Camp, they pick up where they left off, ie. left as a second year, come back as a third year; left as a fourth year, come back as a fifth, etc.

45 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

6. Rumor has it Gina moved back to LA, so she won't even be around as an All Star.

7. Nothing salty, no show this year. Lisa attempted to come back and was cut at finals. They ended up taking 37 on the team, no news about how that will play out for games this season. Rumor has it one of the rookies was injured prior to tryouts and camp (Zhenya), but she still made the team. Not sure to what extent or what her story is regarding her injuries, possibly burns? Nothing has been confirmed though. 

Part of me wonders if they took 37 because they know a few of the DCC are nursing injuries and they are expecting some to sit out during the season. But? That is just random speculation.

I was curious about Lisa. I actually forgot she wanted to come back. S often girls say that, and we never know what truly takes place. So Lisa and Victoria tried out again as veterans and only Victoria made it back. I do hope Lisa is stronger physically. She must be devastated. 

Injuries sure are hard. I always wondered why they didn't post an injury list somewhere. But guess that's a silly thought. I am enjoying the expanding diversity on the team now though. Amazing.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, JuOnline said:

. Ah what's the new salty news I should be upset at, and be excited for?

Well for ladies like me who mainly just tuned in every Friday since the show's inception, the only salty news is I have no idea who any of the rookies are by name or sight, because TPTB  chose to share little with us regular people during training camp.   

Everything I've learned is from this forum.  I don't have time to follow Istagram or TikTok or other stuff like that.  I still could not match one name with one rookie.  That's sad.

Exciting that I know of:  Lea is still there.   Some that weren't my favorite retired (not Gina I loved her).

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Like 2
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

From everything we've been told (including Kelli and Judy? I seem to remember them addressing this on camera when several veterans took some time off and were trying to come back way back when the show was first starting), if a veteran takes a year off, they had to start back at Pre-lims like everyone else, but, should they make Training Camp, they pick up where they left off, ie. left as a second year, come back as a third year; left as a fourth year, come back as a fifth, etc.

I remember this as well. They may have had to change these restrictions due to Covid. 

4 hours ago, JuOnline said:

I was curious about Lisa. I actually forgot she wanted to come back. S often girls say that, and we never know what truly takes place. So Lisa and Victoria tried out again as veterans and only Victoria made it back. I do hope Lisa is stronger physically. She must be devastated. 

Injuries sure are hard. I always wondered why they didn't post an injury list somewhere. But guess that's a silly thought. I am enjoying the expanding diversity on the team now though. Amazing.

Lisa has stated on her Instagram that she tried to come back to early. She does seem physically better, but she's still has some limitations on how she can dance due to her injury. She advertises her own dance classes and usually has had people helping her teach the dances.

6 hours ago, JuOnline said:

Gina was never out during a full season. If I remember correctly, she injured herself at a game, around Thanksgiving, and was out for a few games the rest of that season. Tess was her group leader and that group already had 10 girls in it, including Gina. She still tried out for the next season, which may have worked in her favor with her recovery as that was the Covid bubble training camp. She never took a full season off.

Edited by whosadcc
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, whosadcc said:

Gina was never out during a full season. If I remember correctly, she injured herself at a game, around Thanksgiving, and was out for a few games the rest of that season. Tess was her group leader and that group already had 10 girls in it, including Gina. She still tried out for the next season, which may have worked in her favor with her recovery as that was the Covid bubble training camp. She never took a full season off.

After her torn ACL at thanksgiving 2019 she had surgery fairly quickly and was in rehab up till auditions in 2020 (the bubble). She did brilliantly to get herself ready in a little under five months from what can be a career ending injury. Sadly that season no one was able to dance on the field because of restrictions. In an "overtime" episode on YouTube she spoke about having it taken away from her twice, once with the injury in 2019 and once with the restrictions of 2020. I'm really glad she was able to finish as point in what was an almost normal season and in a great version of the team. I hope she continues as an All Star but this may be difficult if she returns to Ca.

• Useful 3
19 hours ago, whosadcc said:

which may have worked in her favor with her recovery as that was the Covid bubble training camp. She never took a full season off.

Oh thank you. I am so glad Gina did come back that last year. She accomplished what many of us wanted to see her do, point, partially at least.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Well for ladies like me who mainly just tuned in every Friday since the show's inception,

Hey on that note. Since you have always watched. And to be honest, I dropped off the last couple years, popping in and out. Do they typically share the point? I remember when Maddie shared it. Over the years is it more typical to have a singular point or shared point? Do people here on Forum even give a care about that at all? I guess sharing does give options. If there are lots of powerful eye-catching performers, I guess choosing just one is harder/less important. 

Who were your two or three all-time fav points?

On 8/17/2022 at 9:09 AM, kalibean said:

Oh goodness, they don’t even have hair diversity in this bouquet. It’s like the Tik Tok filter that multiplies the person.  

I'm dead! This is the correct terminology for the situation. 🤣 [Insert Jenn A saying, "There's redheads that are good, brunettes that are good, blondes..."]

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Oh my gosh everyone. I know I am posting a ton. Sorry. I blame it on my surgery that has me on bed restrictions. But question. 

The new rookies look great. Did anyone get cut? Or is that process a has-been due to the new audition process?

And a weird question. Over the years ladies obviously manage plastic surgery. How on earth do they have time? I am recovering from a triple ankle fusion and its brutal. Granted I'm 52. These ladies push themselves so hard. But a nose job, or this and that. How do they fit it and still be camera ready? Ok I'm done for the day. I promise.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, JuOnline said:

Hey on that note. Since you have always watched. And to be honest, I dropped off the last couple years, popping in and out. Do they typically share the point? I remember when Maddie shared it. Over the years is it more typical to have a singular point or shared point? Do people here on Forum even give a care about that at all? I guess sharing does give options. If there are lots of powerful eye-catching performers, I guess choosing just one is harder/less important. 

Who were your two or three all-time fav points?

I don't feel strongly either way, I kind of prefer the split point to highlight different talent. There are definitely fans on the forums that prefer a singular point.

I only know the points from the MTT years. Nicole H. was iconic. I think Gina deserved point, even though I used to not like her facials. And I forever will love Maddie, she really excelled as a DCC. And I will die on the hill saying I am glad she was point! 😆

Meh points to me were Whitney, Mia, Jenn A. and Rachel. Especially the latter two.

Kashara and Holly H. were fine. Amy was cute. Jenna should have had her year though, she would have been great. 

15 minutes ago, JuOnline said:

Oh my gosh everyone. I know I am posting a ton. Sorry. I blame it on my surgery that has me on bed restrictions. But question. 

The new rookies look great. Did anyone get cut? Or is that process a has-been due to the new audition process?

And a weird question. Over the years ladies obviously manage plastic surgery. How on earth do they have time? I am recovering from a triple ankle fusion and its brutal. Granted I'm 52. These ladies push themselves so hard. But a nose job, or this and that. How do they fit it and still be camera ready? Ok I'm done for the day. I promise.

The only cut this year was Lisa. She took a year off due to neck surgery and then was not invited back into training camp. There haven't been any other cuts since 2020 when Hannah, Brennan, Lily, and Meredith were cut. In 2021, both Amanda and Alora Rose quit during training camp, and Lisa had to have her neck surgery.

I think a lot of the different looks the ladies have are due to facial injections. Kat posted video once of her getting injections. Minimal recovery time if any compared to old school plastic surgery. It is obvious on a few DCC - Gina, Jalyn, Madeline M. Lip injections obvious on Elli and Dani. I am not knocking improving your look, I hope to do the same some day.

Edited by StellaCL
typos
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Meh points to me were Whitney, Mia, Jenn A. and Rachel. Especially the latter two.

Whitney love her or hate her that woman can dance.  In the words of Judy, Whitney always had that something extra.  The same with Mia and Jenn A.    Jenn A was an amazing dancer from her rookie year forward and an incredible leader.  Mia had such a growth but earned her position at point.  Rachel seems to divide people on her politics or they want to call her bland.  I'v never seen that.  and she was gorgeous at point without mistakes.    I think sometimes people want to vote for a dancer they personally like for whatever reason without forgetting they are supposed to be up their making no mistakes and selling.  

We all have our favs.  I try to go on dancing.

• Love 6

Has anyone found an update on dear twice departed former JetsFlight crew Malena ? Its almost college football season, so she came to my mind..

I wonder if she found another university to be the director of college football recruiting..and another team to dance for - which she should have looked into before running straight from the Jets to Dallas..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, sATL said:

Has anyone found an update on dear twice departed former JetsFlight crew Malena ? Its almost college football season, so she came to my mind..

I wonder if she found another university to be the director of college football recruiting..and another team to dance for - which she should have looked into before running straight from the Jets to Dallas..

Looks like she works at a fitness club. https://www.instagram.com/p/CZPsVVcJvbw/

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
21 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Looks like she works at a fitness club. https://www.instagram.com/p/CZPsVVcJvbw/

I wonder if people were afraid to hire her for the same type of jobs (or similar) once she revealed she'd rather dance on an NFL team then hold onto a great job (with benefits and other things).  I liked Malena's look, her knowledge, determination and drive, but the girl had enough dance issues, she should have gotten out while she was on top (to a degree).  Neither the Jets nor the DCC did her any favors by either putting her on the team (but not letting her dance) or stringing her along as far as they did.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

I was watching S13 for the first time in years yesterday...why was Kashara called so late at finals? Girl looked like she was near tears. She was point in S12 for crying out loud...she got called after Jessika who got the “probably going to get cut” edit and certain rookies who had less than stellar auditions.

By S13 I was also tired of Phil and his dance parties. Poor girls are exhausted and nervous, sure...let’s hsve a staged “dance party” for the cameras.

• Like 1

Boy in no way would I have been interested in going to Malena’s gym when he picture goes beyond resting bitch face to one of mixed depression, boredom & ? Would it have hurt for her to have a picture that was a little less like a mug shot.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, kacesq said:

I was watching S13 for the first time in years yesterday...why was Kashara called so late at finals? Girl looked like she was near tears. She was point in S12 for crying out loud...she got called after Jessika who got the “probably going to get cut” edit and certain rookies who had less than stellar auditions.

By S13 I was also tired of Phil and his dance parties. Poor girls are exhausted and nervous, sure...let’s hsve a staged “dance party” for the cameras.

I don't think Phil calls the dance party as soon as the last set of 5 did their audition in front of the judges. Plus the DJ would have taken a break as well. I don't think the dance party is mandatory as there will always be somebody who is deep on their phone or in the mirror.

So probably he had a note from "somebody" at about 1 hr-30 min before the time the judges are due back, call the ladies together, the DJ is back from his break and lets wake things up again.  I see too  many ladies with pillows/blankets, books, snacks ( I do wonder if DoorDash/Uber Eats is an option) so I think there is plenty of downtime for 18-22-ish yr olds to recover from. 

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Not sure how it goes at the DCC auditions, but at middle-high school dance competition it is a long day - clock time wise, but not a long physical day.

For example one might have to arrive by 8 am - per director, But your first dance might not be until 11:30 am. then a dance lasts for 2-3 minutes. Next dance might not be until 2:45 pm. Results at 5 pm. Leave the stadium at 6 pm.

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, kacesq said:

I was watching S13 for the first time in years yesterday...why was Kashara called so late at finals? Girl looked like she was near tears

urban legend is that it was to let her know she was on thin ice because of her weight

could be wrong tho

• Sad 3
18 hours ago, sATL said:

Wait hold on. I know malania left that job at SMU (was it smu or another uni?) during her first try then they took her back, but are you telling me she left that job a second time? If yes when? I’m missing the dirty. Dish it please

27 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

Wait hold on. I know malania left that job at SMU (was it smu or another uni?) during her first try then they took her back, but are you telling me she left that job a second time? If yes when? I’m missing the dirty. Dish it please

I only remember her leaving there the first time.. I don't recall where she was working when she tried out the 2nd time.

and after the 2nd cut - I don't know where she worked.. she made it sound like the director of college football recruiting  operations was part of some kind of career growth/move-up job, in that is why she left NJ. Kelli asked her the 1st season why was she in Dallas - the SMU gig or the team and she said "both".

And it does make some sense for those in college football to scoot around from univ to univ...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2

RE: solo at final audition round

Did the weighing or criteria of the solo performance change, for the better as the seasons went on?

Yes, we only see a snip, but I saw more emphasis on props, costumes, and I guess one could call it performance, than dance. I am guessing the finalists were just as resume up'ed as they are now- college, pro teams,  k-12 local dance studio.  I like seeing the leaps, turns, floor work, pointed toes, spins - ie good old fashioned dance skills.

I remember a scene where kitty blasted someone for bringing in an tree to her clinic, that they really didn't utilize into the routine. I kinda feel the same way about some of the "extras".

Do dance skills evolve more, as the years go by like ice skating skiils? Maybe I am watching before a triple  pirouettes was done in a competition, or studio..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3