Type keyword(s) to search

Fanmade in Wholand

Kromm
  • Start Topic

Most of it's crap, but there's the occasional nugget of gold.  If you've seen any, post it.

For example, I've seen a number of fanmade intro sequences, but this one appealed to me because rather than go complex (with lots of "Space stuff" like they usually do--vortexes, planets, stars, etc.) this instead goes simple, and in a completely different direction from the usual credits (it's got a lot of moving parts, but thematically it's just one simple effective idea).

• Love 3

I haven't caught up on it in a while, but I remember really liking what I read of The Doctor Who Project. It's basically a prose-based virtual continuation of the classic series, complete with their own missing episodes due to website upgrades and such. They're about to start their 'fourteenth' (and apparently final?) season, and most of the stories are as good or better than the best of the Davies/Moffat era.

(edited)

Well IMO one of the most spectacular "Fan Made" things is Doctor Puppet.  

So far it's been based on Matt Smith, but they can of course simply change the puppet.

A number of episodes are out there, so here's a link to the whole channel:  http://www.youtube.com/user/HelloDoctorPuppet

And then one of the many episodes... Which happens to be the one featuring the assortment pack of Doctor Puppets, so it certainly shows they're able to do different ones. Including the guy who shows up at the end...

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 2

Doctor Puppet seems unusual.. I really want a Tardis tree topper now! And that blue wrapping paper!

I found it strange to watch something that included Ten and he didn't speak :P It was strange, I might watch some more of it though.

• Love 1
(edited)

In celebration of Doctor who coming back on August 23th I decided to have two or more post everyday in August until the 23th. But because something has come up where I will be busy the first two days of August,I will post the pictures I had plan for the first day today and post the second day pictures tomorrow.You guys should feel free to post Doctor Who pictures too.

kivTaWo.jpg

KvWR0S5.jpg

Edited by supernatural666
  • Love 1

Thank you I fix the K-9 post. I misread my info and saw 500 instead of 5000.As for the Romanas  I have only see sixteen episodes of the first Doctor and some bits and pieces of the Classic series so I haven't gotten to Romana yet, but I do plan on seeing more. With a lot of the companions I am going by what little I know about them or by what I learn about them from the Doctors revised.But I plan on make posters for the companions after I see the episodes with them in them and I feel I know them well enough to make a poster for them.So please cut me a little slack I have most see all of the new series but I want to see all I can of the Classics series,So if I skip over a companion it's because I don't know their character well enough to make a good poster about them. Feel free to make a Romana poster of you're own in celebration of Doctor who coming back in sixteen days.

As for the Romanas  I have only see sixteen episodes of the first Doctor and some bits and pieces of the Classic series so I haven't gotten to Romana yet, but I do plan on seeing more. With a lot of the companions I am going by what little I know about them or by what I learn about them from the Doctors revised.But I plan on make posters for the companions after I see the episodes with them in them and I feel I know them well enough to make a poster for them.

That explains the lack of Zoe and Victoria.  And Ben and Polly.  And Dodo.

5zxSIWK.jpg

UXFhOEK.jpg

Lantern 7 I glad you like my posts, I try to work hard on them so it nice to know that my hard work is worth it.And your right yesterday when I saw  guardians of the galaxy Yondu did remind me of a space version of Merle.

SjILQEk.jpg

When I say normal I don't mean it in a bad way I just compared to the Doctor's extraordinary.I like Micky and as much as I love Rose I didn't like the way she treated him and I was happy he found someone to love.

YmHS8lz.jpg

hfZzvp7.jpg

mHFogtQ.jpg

I know I keep doing this thing where I say they start out your everyday average person and after travel with the Doctor they become awesome bad asses, but I love that theme in Doctor Who.The idea that you can start a normal everyday person until you meet the Doctor and then you become braver,toughener and sometimes smarter.I love seeing how these normal people grow into the kind of people who do amazing things and become heroes in their own right.So I will most likely keep putting that in my posters.    

5o96epj.jpg

As much as I love the Tenth Doctor I didn't like what he did to her and considering what the next two prime ministers were like the Doctor should have left things alone.Plus he changed history. the Ninth Doctor said that she was elected for three successive terms, and that she was the architect of Britain's Golden Age.

HJxXtqL.jpg

Most of it's crap, but there's the occasional nugget of gold.  If you've seen any, post it.

For example, I've seen a number of fanmade intro sequences, but this one appealed to me because rather than go complex (with lots of "Space stuff" like they usually do--vortexes, planets, stars, etc.) this instead goes simple, and in a completely different direction from the usual credits (it's got a lot of moving parts, but thematically it's just one simple effective idea).

As it turned out, this one was so good that Moffat and company signed him up.... the new titles are actually based on this, apparently complete with script and on-screen credit!

(This spoiler is also all over the YT comments on the video itself.)

Can't wait for tonight's episode! Really excited to see Capaldi and as much as I like Matt Smith do think that an 'older' Doctor may work very well. That said, I'm a bit disappointed this appears to be a Victorian England episode....but hey, guess it's fitting so as long as it's good!

That was awesome! The voice acting was very accurate, well for the Doctor anyway, Donna needed a bit of work :P I also loved how great Hilly looked as the doctor. I didn't realise it was a woman until she turned around.

I'm not sure if this is the best place to put this, but just in case it is: I and a friend have started a new Doctor Who podcast called "Woke Doctor Who". It's all about race and representation (of different sexuality, body type, etc.) in our favorite show.  If you want to give it a listen, check us out on  Woke Doctor Who or you can search for us in the iTunes podcast app.

Thanks!

Back on TWoP, in a thread much like this one, I made mention of a series of fan films I had seen that were made in the '80s starring an alternate 7th Doctor...played by a woman.  (It's because I'd seen these fan films that I was perfectly ok with Jodie taking on the role.)

At the time, I was unable to source any video to share.  But now, many years and a quick Google search later, I found them on YouTube.  Here's the first, with the post-regeneration scene.

There's one other fan-film I wanted to share back then, but I haven't found that one yet.

Not much going on. First up, this is a unique video . . . modern Doctor Who plots as described by clips from It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. It's the crossover you'd never expect! And you could have the bit about Charlie and Mac dismissing a veterinarian for being female as commentary on Jodie.

And here are sketches I've gotten based off Jodie's run:

Thirteen by Simon Fraser

Tzim-Sha by Chris Campana

Pting by Charles P. Wilson III

Thirteen by Bun Leung

Graham O'Brien by Roberta Ingranata (she's an artist on Thirteen's comic. Also, the hat was my idea)