Type keyword(s) to search

Fanmade in Wholand

Kromm
  • Start Topic

On 9/20/2019 at 4:26 AM, SVNBob said:

There's one other fan-film I wanted to share back then, but I haven't found that one yet.

Found it, with a little help from my friends.

This one is a 7th Doctor story called "Time Rift", written by and starring Jonathan Blum.  If that name seems familiar, it's because he went on to write some 8th Doctor novels for the Beeb, and several audio stories for Big Finish.  He also married Kate Orman, another big name in Doctor Who novels, audios, and comics. 

But before all that, he made a student film called "Time Rift".  A 4-parter with Seven and Ace getting re-directed by the High Council to Washington, D.C. to deal with the titular time rift.  Along the way, they encounter a cyborg Dalek-killer, the Brigadier of the American branch of UNIT (a black woman who takes no shit from the Doctor, and who Blum put in his first novel for the BBC, Vampire Science), more POC actors than most of classic Who combined, and only one decent actor in the bunch.

Right now, the only way to see this film is to watch or download it from Archive.org.  The quality of the video has a lot to be desired.  Blum has been promising an HD-upgraded version for over a decade now, but it has yet to come to public light.

Despite the potato-quality of the video, the amateurishness of the majority of the acting, regular glimpses of the "boom mike" in the shot, and the Doctor's wandering accent (Blum is trying to do an impression of McCoy's Scottish burr, but he can't really maintain it, so the accent traipses all over the UK and US.), I still recommend trying to watch it.  The story itself is decent and feels very classic Who, and there's some interesting choices in the shooting locations.

I've got two commissions featuring Missy. The first is from artist Lee Sullivan; the outfit is based on Missy's take on "Doctor Who" in her recent comic miniseries

DoctorWhoComic01-Missy.jpg.f3769a7e629e9dc360ae6b45ea5be2aa.jpg

This one is from Marc Lapierre; the concept was originally meant for Sullivan.

Missy-as-Doctor.thumb.jpg.86154051b6766aaf9b90ee9b231864e7.jpg

I have a few more DW commissions to share, including characters from Doctor Who Magazine, but I'll stop now.

• Love 1
On 8/23/2021 at 10:52 PM, Lantern7 said:

This one is from Marc Lapierre; the concept was originally meant for Sullivan.

Missy-as-Doctor.thumb.jpg.86154051b6766aaf9b90ee9b231864e7.jpg

Looks like I’m going to have to hit someone up for Sacha-as-Master/Doctor. How much Doctor stuff did he wear? I counted as least four Doctors, and I’m probably off by a few.

I did get that Master back in 2020.

On 2/10/2020 at 11:40 PM, Lantern7 said:

New sketch . . . this time of the (current) Master by Shea Zubair.

master-sascha.jpg.70cd1b3087277fa92781246d6e6054ac.jpg