Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: The Forgotten

preeya
  • Start Topic

Voight and the Intelligence Unit focus all their effort and resources into investigating the disappearance of an exotic dancer who served as a long-time criminal informant for their team and uncovers the details surrounding a prolific serial killer.

I’m really emotional right now so I had to hold back tears when they found Lexie lol. That part where Voight was giving her CPR was so well acted by him, the pain in his eyes was palpable. You could see the weight of all the other people who have gotten killed by their association with him all over his face.

I always really like the women guest stars on this show, Lexie was no exception. Kelton is a sociopath, I look forward to his demise.

I really enjoyed this episode, just like I enjoyed last week. The show is finding it’s groove again, thank God.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, langford peel said:

So this week the Chicago police cover up for a serial killer.

Is there anything they can’t do?

And the Chicago PD also take down a serial killer... From some of your posts one would get the feeling you wouldn't be happy unless every week they were gunning down corner boy drug dealers... 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

And the Chicago PD also take down a serial killer... From some of your posts one would get the feeling you wouldn't be happy unless every week they were gunning down corner boy drug dealers... 

No but it would be different if there was an episode that didn’t involve corrupt cops. Isn’t there any crime in Chicago that doesn’t involve bent cops in every episode?

Not in this show.

Edited by langford peel
  • Love 2
On 2/28/2019 at 6:33 AM, UNOSEZ said:

I'm in agreement with you. This person seems to hate everything about this show and will only be happy if it was a stereotypical cop show.

Edited by spunky
Typo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

This was another great episode. Watching Hank fight to save the life of the woman who once saved his was hard to watch. Kelton is becoming more annoying than the last enemy Hank had to deal with. Writers you can close Hank's box of pain now. Why can't he have one nice person in his life?

Edited by spunky
Typo
  • Love 3

I’ve only started watching P.D.mid season. When Hank and Antonio found the other dead body on the basement I thought he said “It’s Lexie”. The body was a man so I thought, wow! Lexie was a guy! (Perhaps transgender or cross dresser). I’ll have to re watch how did I miss that!?!

Then of course I clued in a few scenes later!

i liked this episode though it was sad. 

I cannot stand the Suoerintendant. He’s so shifty with his red watery eyes. I expect the worse from him so I thought he was the killer!!

• Love 3

This was a great episode. When the show doesn't get bogged down by relationship drama, it really excels. As others have said, watching Voight try in vain to revive Lexie was tough to watch. You could see the pain. I can't wait to see Voight take down Kelton now. It's going to be beautiful to watch.

And Donahue is full of bull. Killed the dude because he had a gun. The gun was in his pocket. Then it beomces, "He made an assertive move." Plain as day Kelton told him to get there and make sure the suspect leaves in a body bag. 

• Love 3
On 3/3/2019 at 12:52 AM, WinJet0819 said:

And Donahue is full of bull. Killed the dude because he had a gun. The gun was in his pocket. Then it beomces, "He made an assertive move." Plain as day Kelton told him to get there and make sure the suspect leaves in a body bag. 

So to summarize .... the top cop in Chicago ordered a veteran homicide detective to murder a suspect.....who was a serial killer...who the cops were protecting while he slaughters more young women...because.... because.....err...:why?

Can anyone actually believe that this a remotely plausible plot? Sure it is not a stereotypical cop show. It is not a remotely believable cop show. There is not one honest decent cop on this show. It is slander at best and a blood libel at worst.

It is simply an anti police jeremiad  dressed up as a cop show.

I mean it would be like a medical show where doctors would ignore hospital protocol and even the law as they kill their patients through incompetence and arrogance.....err....wait a minute.....that would be Chicago Med!

Never mind.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, langford peel said:

I don't feel that way at all.. I see some good cops.. Some cops who are definitely bad.. Some who are just self-serving and some who skirt the law to get the bad guys.. What I've never walked away from after watching Chicago PD is the belief that the show was anti-cop... Maybe because not all the cops are pristine angels you feel they are being unfairly treated or represented I dunno.. It reminds me of something someone smarter than me said.. And I'll paraphrase... The loss of privilege isn't persecution... It just feels that way. 

• Love 1
(edited)

That's interesting. Can you tell me who the good cops might be?

Antonio who just murdered someone while he was high?

Trudy who wanted to help Voight in various cover ups?

Who is the clean law abiding cop in this show?

There is not one of these clowns who are fit to ride in Adam-12.

Edited by langford peel
  • LOL 2

For a short time I thought Kelton was in fact the serial killer. He's sleazy enough that I'm pretty sure there's more to the story than just him cooking his crime stats.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, langford peel said:

That's interesting. Can you tell me who the good cops might be?

Antonio who just murdered someone while he was high?

Trudy who wanted to help Voight in various cover ups?

Who is the clean law abiding cop in this show?

There is not one of these clowns who are fit to ride in Adam-12.

Yeah I dont have any sympathy for the POS who kidnapped and Sexually assaulted Antonio's daughter then basically bragged about it to him. Dude deserved to die. Didnt necessarily have to be by Antonio but still deserved death 

• Love 2
On 3/4/2019 at 6:27 PM, langford peel said:

So to summarize .... the top cop in Chicago ordered a veteran homicide detective to murder a suspect.....who was a serial killer...who the cops were protecting while he slaughters more young women...because.... because.....err...:why?

Can anyone actually believe that this a remotely plausible plot? Sure it is not a stereotypical cop show. It is not a remotely believable cop show. There is not one honest decent cop on this show. It is slander at best and a blood libel at worst.

I mean it would be like a medical show where doctors would ignore hospital protocol and even the law as they kill their patients through incompetence and arrogance.....err....wait a minute.....that would be Chicago Med!

Never mind.

So the top guy can put a win in the books to boost his mayoral campaign. It looks much better when he can brag, "My district just took down a serial killer." All the while, leaving out the fact the murders happened 3 years ago, and the top cop had it buried to make his stats look good so he could get a promotion. 

And Intelligence wasn't protecting the guy. They needed him alive so they could find Lexie alive. As a result of the cop killing him, they lost valuable time while looking down a new avenue to track the suspect's movements. And by the time they found her, it was too late for Lexie.

• Love 2

I think you misunderstood my point.

The cops protecting the serial killer were the investigator who dropped the case at the behest of the top cop and didn't involve the FBI. The show showed us the cops not doing their job to keep their "stats" clean. It was not intelligence that was protecting this guy. Plus he was murdered to shut him up by a cop that is implied to be working for the mayoral candidate. Utter  revolting and illegal corruption.  Do you think that is feasible or believable?

Also the point isn't that the guy who kidnapped Antonio's daughter was killed. It was that the one cop who was supposed to be clean and by the book throws it out the window. Along with the suspect. There are no clean law abiding cops in Chicago.

According to Dick Wolf.

Did anyone else get the sense that Voight and Lexie had ...um... more of a personal relationship in addition to the professional CI one?  Voight giving her the St. Francis pendant, the tears as he was doing CPR, etc.  I'm thinking he used her services more than once.

This episode for the first time ever, I was annoyed by Voight's cadence and manner of speech.  The "OK, GUYS, COME ON, LET'S HIT THE PAVEMENT AND POUND THE STREETS AND GET THIS PUNK!"  Hard to describe.  Sort of an annoyance implication when he says whatever he says, like he's miffed that his team is too slow and not catching guys fast enough.  Sure, he's the leader and he has to give the directive, but something about the way he says it was really getting to me this episode.

• Love 2