Type keyword(s) to search

Judging The Judges

• Start Topic

51 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I would like a panel of Niecy Nash, Nick Lachey, Nicole Scherzinger, and Joel McHale.

They need to ban the words "Come ON!!" from Nicole's vocabulary though.  So annoying.  

On 3/30/2021 at 1:41 PM, blackwing said:

I would like a panel of Niecy Nash, Nick Lachey, Nicole Scherzinger, and Joel McHale.

That's a good panel.  I think Robin Thicke is a good judge too.

As for host, Tom Bergeron is one that is quick witted and can seem like he's not reading from cards.  I miss him on DWTS.  Since he was already a contestant on this show, it wouldn't be a stretch to have him be a host.  But then Hollywood is ageist.

• Love 7

Robin is the only judge that I can tolerate.  Used to like Ken but his schtick has worn thin on me.  The 2 women are just too attention hungry and over the top.  

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, pnina said:

Robin is the only judge that I can tolerate.  Used to like Ken but his schtick has worn thin on me.  The 2 women are just too attention hungry and over the top.  

I agree, but maybe Robin could lose one or two chains from his neck?

The rest are annoying.

• Love 3

I like Robin and Nicole as judges because they have professional expertise and familiarity with various singers.  (Also see Paula Abdul on Masked Dancer)  Jenny and Ken can leave now.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, HyeChaps said:

I like Robin and Nicole as judges because they have professional expertise and familiarity with various singers.  (Also see Paula Abdul on Masked Dancer)  Jenny and Ken can leave now.

Jenny can leave anytime. Ken has become exhausting and It’s not new. Joel McHale would be a great host host (or panelist). Professional expertise is important. Comedy is also good, but shake it up.

• Love 1
On 4/3/2021 at 2:22 PM, HyeChaps said:

I fully agree... Robin and Nicole are actually singers and they know what they are talking about.

On 4/3/2021 at 10:03 AM, Ananayel said:

I love Ken, but I completely get why others don't. Robin is fine, Nicole is okay, but Jenny has to go (Niecy can replace her.) Joel McHale can be the new host. 

I thought Ken was funny in the first two seasons, but he relies on the same tired schtick every single episode now, and it has become extremely annoying.  1) he has worked with everybody, 2) "I know EXACTLY who this is", 3) "Welcome to the Masked Singer, RUTH BADER GINSBURG!", 4) Jokes about how short either he or Nick are, 5) possibly being fed answers (really, Barry Zito?  So random.  Victor Olapide?), 6) his stupid bad dancing.

He is so much more tolerable on "I Can See Your Voice".

Ok so I think Robin should stay since he is actually knowledgeable.  Then let's have Robin, Nick Lachey, Nicole, and Niecy.  I agree that Joel McHale should host.  He'd be a good host.  Just get rid of Ken.  I think the two of them have this fake hate-rivalry (like Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman) and it just isn't that funny sometimes.  I watched the two of them completely drunk on the Fox New Years Eve special and it was not funny.

• Love 3

Most of the judges do annoy me at some point.  I’m marathon watching the series now. What I have a big issue with is the pretend assaults on Ken by Jenny. So far, I’ve noticed two incidents.    I suppose it’s staged and they practice it, but to me you don’t pretend to punch or slap a colleague because they annoy you.  Maybe, I’m not seeing the humor in it, but I don’t think it’s funny to fake batter someone.  

• Love 1

What annoys me is they've started (started with Niecy I think) calling Ken "Kenneth." His name is Kendrick. I don't think he cares or he would have corrected someone by now, but jeez, 1.4 seconds to google it people.

12 hours ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

image.png.3c750483d0f031d43e89ee864a26ea32.png

I can't believe I agree with Ken, but I too think that Joel McHale is the Chicken.  I still don't understand the point of the Chicken.  If the show went to the trouble of making a chicken costume they could just have had Joel be a Wild Card.  He sang "Blurred Lines" on one season, so he's not terrible.

On 2/15/2019 at 10:46 PM, lynxfx said:

I like Nick but I think a prerequisite for hosting this show is having someone that can pronounce "singer" correctly. Hint, it isn't "sinGer".

Right! Singer does NOT rhyme with finger. Sing-er &  fing-ger!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, jfk59 said:

Right! Singer does NOT rhyme with finger. Sing-er &  fing-ger!

I thought he fixed that?  He was saying Sing-ger with a hard G in the first two seasons or so, but finally stopped, I'd like to think someone attached to the show saw comments about this either here or in other social media.

I hope Nicole wears that Dominatrix Spiderwoman outfit on every single future appearance on TV.  Yowza!

On 4/22/2021 at 9:51 AM, blackwing said:

I can't believe I agree with Ken, but I too think that Joel McHale is the Chicken.  I still don't understand the point of the Chicken.  If the show went to the trouble of making a chicken costume they could just have had Joel be a Wild Card.  He sang "Blurred Lines" on one season, so he's not terrible.

For a long time I was pretty convinced it was Joel. Mind you I was not listening to a lot of the clues about him to say that for sure.

After of seeing the few clips of his dancing (you didn’t hear him sing)…it’s Donnie Wahlberg. Jenny had to stay in l.a. While filming instead of going back to the Chicago area so he probably did it to surprise her. And at last people will no longer guess him after tonight.

Donnie’s first movie post NKOTB was called Bullet which starred Mickey Rourke, hence his association with the Gremlin.

• Love 1

Ken will be doing the ESPN College Game Day Celebrity Pick tomorrow for the Duke/Notre Dame game. They've built a big stage and numerous smaller filming areas in front of Duke Chapel. And he was here a few weeks ago for the kickoff of Duke Arts opening weekend, hooked back up with Duke University Improv, and did some skits right outside where I work. I had no idea it was him, I just heard someone repeatedly shrieking that his spleen hurt, followed by laughter.