Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

Whimsy

S38: Victoria Baamonde

Recommended Posts

Meet Victoria

Age: 23

Hometown: Bronx, New York

Current Residence: Bronx, New York

Occupation: Waitress

Personal Claim to Fame: I was valedictorian of my college with a perfect 4.0 and I bring it up in conversation as much as possible.

Hobbies: Hiking, painting/visual art, cooking.

Pet Peeves: Slow walkers, leaving cabinets open, my guinea pig who I named Peeve, and when customers don’t read the menu and then ask dumb questions like, “are there meatballs in the meatball sauce?”

If You Could Have 3 Things on the Island What Would They Be and Why? A notebook and pencil (this is one item) to keep track of all my thoughts and to sketch. Baby Pillow: this tiny pillow I’ve had since I was born that I sleep with every night. A guitar: No clue how to play one, but I figure I’ll have lots of time to learn. 

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: I relate to Malcolm Freberg. If you read his Wiki fandom page, he’s described as “likeable, strategic, and excels at challenges” and I’d like to think I am the same way.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, Whimsy said:

Personal Claim to Fame: I was valedictorian of my college with a perfect 4.0 and I bring it up in conversation as much as possible.

6 hours ago, Whimsy said:

Pet Peeves: Slow walkers, leaving cabinets open, my guinea pig who I named Peeve,

Sounds like she has a great sense of humor.   

Watching her interview video, she seems to have a good approach. She plans to get other people to talk about themselves, because people only care about themselves.

She also said that in addition to rewatching her favorite seasons, she watched a lot of first episodes to find out why the first person got voted out, so she can avoid their mistakes.  She said being annoying was the most common cause.

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Sounds like she has a great sense of humor.   

Yes, and her “valedictorian” answer also indicates a quasi-unique streak of self-honesty you don’t see very much these days.

Have to admit, I’m somewhat intrigued.  🙂

  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Yes, and her “valedictorian” answer also indicates a quasi-unique streak of self-honesty you don’t see very much these days.

Have to admit, I’m somewhat intrigued.  🙂

Same.  I actually found her bio annoying, but I did like her video.  So we'll see.  She seems to have a good grasp on strategy, but again, we'll see.  Too many people talk big before the season starts and then just play a goat in the first alliance that will have them.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, LadyChatts said:

Same.  I actually found her bio annoying, but I did like her video.  So we'll see.  She seems to have a good grasp on strategy, but again, we'll see.  Too many people talk big before the season starts and then just play a goat in the first alliance that will have them.

Yep - and I can’t help but admit a certain degree of bias against reality tv contestants named ‘Victoria’; most of my associations aren’t... great.  😛

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

I see casting found the attractive redheaded woman they were looking for.  Based on first impressions I like her so I hope she lives up to it.

Share this post


Link to post

In rewatching the scene where she talked about Joe, not realizing he was right behind her, I think it was more Ron's fault.  He was facing toward Joe.  He couldn't have said, "Hi, Joe!" or some else to let Victoria know he was there?

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah I agree. I am not sure why Victoria is getting grief for this when Ron was literally looking at right Joe.  Victoria also stated on twitter something I assumed was the case in that Joe was much further away when they first started talking and gradually moved his way over there without them noticing, Again, though I blame Ron more for this.

oh and she is totally channelling some of the people on this forum with her thoughts:

https://twitter.com/veebaamonde/status/1100864928087453696

"B4 we see ep 2, heres a bit you didnt see in ep 1. When Jeff asked Manu their names & the bald 1 says "Wardog" I turn to Gavin, speaking to him for the first time, & asked "did he just say his name is Warthog?" Did it spark a friendship or does Gavin think i'm a moron? Stay tuned"

"She did. She actually l said "I can beat that!!!" (About wardogs name) and then said her name was Big Wendy and I thought to myself did she say Big Windy? Because that might beat Wardog. Was disappointed to find out it was Wendy"

"Between wardog, big wendy and Rick requesting to be called devens, Jeff's response was "we cant have the inmates running the asylum now" and my response was thank god i'm on the normal tribe"

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

I had wondered about Ron, and thought maybe he saw Joe but let Victoria blab for strategic reasons.  That way, in case the tide turned, he could say Victoria was the one plotting against them.  

I have a feeling a lot of people are not going to like their edits by the time this season is over.  Wardog/Warthog may be trying to play the villain, but I think he's doing a lousy job and just looks like a Wentworth worshipper for now (as does Lauren).  Julia's complaining about being ignored in the edit, Victoria took grief for not noticing Joe behind her, and Kama in general has only gotten the edit of being after Joe/Aubry.

And from what I understand, because of EOE, no one can give interviews until the end of the season?  Or just if they leave EOE?  Either way they can't defend themselves or their edit until much later on.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I had wondered about Ron, and thought maybe he saw Joe but let Victoria blab for strategic reasons.  That way, in case the tide turned, he could say Victoria was the one plotting against them.  

I have a feeling a lot of people are not going to like their edits by the time this season is over.  Wardog/Warthog may be trying to play the villain, but I think he's doing a lousy job and just looks like a Wentworth worshipper for now (as does Lauren).  Julia's complaining about being ignored in the edit, Victoria took grief for not noticing Joe behind her, and Kama in general has only gotten the edit of being after Joe/Aubry.

And from what I understand, because of EOE, no one can give interviews until the end of the season?  Or just if they leave EOE?  Either way they can't defend themselves or their edit until much later on.

So far, I don't think anyone has gotten a really bad edit. 

Julia made her ridiculous complaint and sadly brought race into it.  But, the other two people of color have had the 1st and 3rd most confessionals.  She is in a boring 6-3 alliance in a boring undefeated tribe, and she apparently hasn't said or done anything stupid.  That is exactly the type of quiet edit game you want to be playing.  The same is pretty much true for the rest of the Kama 6. 

Lauren did gush about Wentworth in her confessional, but she hasn't seemed to let it affect her play.  If she was really a Wentworth worshiper she would have told her about the idol.   

Warthog has looked smart at times (his stay strong and keep meatshields strategy) and dumb last week when he turned on Chris and that strategy, for no good reason.  But, it seems like it is what it is, when it comes to his edit.

The only ones I could see with some minor, legitimate complaints might be:

*Keith, for them apparently overplaying his indecision and cries for divine intervention at the signpost.  

* Wentworth, for maybe playing up her eyerolls and facial expressions a bit.  

Edited by Bryce Lynch

Share this post


Link to post

12 hours ago, LanceM said:

Yeah I agree. I am not sure why Victoria is getting grief for this when Ron was literally looking at right Joe.  Victoria also stated on twitter something I assumed was the case in that Joe was much further away when they first started talking and gradually moved his way over there without them noticing, Again, though I blame Ron more for this.

oh and she is totally channelling some of the people on this forum with her thoughts:

https://twitter.com/veebaamonde/status/1100864928087453696

"B4 we see ep 2, heres a bit you didnt see in ep 1. When Jeff asked Manu their names & the bald 1 says "Wardog" I turn to Gavin, speaking to him for the first time, & asked "did he just say his name is Warthog?" Did it spark a friendship or does Gavin think i'm a moron? Stay tuned"

"She did. She actually l said "I can beat that!!!" (About wardogs name) and then said her name was Big Wendy and I thought to myself did she say Big Windy? Because that might beat Wardog. Was disappointed to find out it was Wendy"

"Between wardog, big wendy and Rick requesting to be called devens, Jeff's response was "we cant have the inmates running the asylum now" and my response was thank god i'm on the normal tribe"

I really like Victoria, she is really funny.  I would love to see her win, but I hope she at least makes it to the merge, as she is a great narrator.  

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

So far, I don't think anyone has gotten a really bad edit. 

Julia made her ridiculous complaint and sadly brought race into it.  But, the other two people of color have had the 1st and 3rd most confessionals.  She is in a boring 6-3 alliance in a boring undefeated tribe, and she apparently hasn't said or done anything stupid.  That is exactly the type of quiet edit game you want to be playing.  The same is pretty much true for the rest of the Kama 6. 

Lauren did gush about Wentworth in her confessional, but she hasn't seemed to let it affect her play.  If she was really a Wentworth worshiper she would have told her about the idol.   

Warthog has looked smart at times (his stay strong and keep meatshields strategy) and dumb last week when he turned on Chris and that strategy, for no good reason.  But, it seems like it is what it is, when it comes to his edit.

The only ones I could see with some minor, legitimate complaints might be:

*Keith, for them apparently overplaying his indecision and cries for divine intervention at the signpost.  

* Wentworth, for maybe playing up her eyerolls and facial expressions a bit.  

I don't know if I'd say bad edit, but just some comments make me think people might not be happy with their edits this season because of how they are looking so far.  Victoria also posted on her twitter that she did look extensively for the idol, just like everyone else, and wasn't just sitting back talking about how stupid idol hunts were.

Then there's Wendy, who posted the clip of the secret scene of Wentworth, Wardog, and Lauren making fun of her injury to justify her behavior at her camp (although someone on another site pointed out in a pre-show interview she gave that she wanted to release the chickens if her tribe won them...so yeah, totally going for the Sia mention).  But she said that was an ongoing occurrence with her tribemates.  

I agree with you on Julia.  And, as I mentioned in her thread, watching bonus clips of her, she doesn't sound very exciting to listen to. 

Of course, there's a long way to go, so we'll see what happens.   

Edited by LadyChatts

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Julia made her ridiculous complaint and sadly brought race into it. 

While I can understand Julia’s frustration and her desire to find something tangible upon which to assign blame, I think she is overlooking one pretty damn salient fact; namely, the show is coming up on four weeks into the season but still operating with a 100%-full Day One cast roster.

Realistically, nobody expects the first episode or two to have an equitable balance of THs across the entire cast - too many people, and not enough time.  Traditionally the spread evens out as the season progresses and the cast size correspondingly decreases - but that’s not the case this season because (a) there have been zero “true” evictions and (b) Production apportions a couple (at least) time slots each episode to review circumstances at the IoE, and those time slots expand with each IoE cast addition.

There may be a moderately significant screen time shift back to the “prime” players immediately post-merge; if I understand correctly that IoE will continue until at least F3 or F4, though, the relatively negative impact to prime player exposure will effectively continue for the entirety of the season.

Edited by Nashville · Reason: Julia, not Julie.
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Nashville said:

While I can understand Julie’s frustration and her desire to find something tangible upon which to assign blame,

It was Julia, not Julie.  If if wasn't for her unfair edit, you'd know her name.  :)   

There is also a Julie on Kama, who has also been pretty invisible.  I think she is the one who said her only outdoor experience was peeing in Central Park one time.  

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

It was Julia, not Julie.  If if wasn't for her unfair edit, you'd know her name.  🙂 

It’s more likely because in truth I give about 0.03 fucks one way or the other. 😉

25 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

There is also a Julie on Kama, who has also been pretty invisible.  I think she is the one who said her only outdoor experience was peeing in Central Park one time.  

Likewise.

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I guess if it was a normal 18 season cast without newbies they would be shown more. Now, if Julie/Julia don't get a confessional with a tribe swap I don't know what to tell you. LOL!!!!

Share this post


Link to post

On 3/11/2019 at 8:47 PM, LadyChatts said:

I had wondered about Ron, and thought maybe he saw Joe but let Victoria blab for strategic reasons.  That way, in case the tide turned, he could say Victoria was the one plotting against them.  

I have a feeling a lot of people are not going to like their edits by the time this season is over.  Wardog/Warthog may be trying to play the villain, but I think he's doing a lousy job and just looks like a Wentworth worshipper for now (as does Lauren).  Julia's complaining about being ignored in the edit, Victoria took grief for not noticing Joe behind her, and Kama in general has only gotten the edit of being after Joe/Aubry.

And from what I understand, because of EOE, no one can give interviews until the end of the season?  Or just if they leave EOE?  Either way they can't defend themselves or their edit until much later on.

Lauren is not "Worshipping" Kelley when shes hiding having an idol from her. How bout Rick "Worshipping" David? 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

Player.  With an edit, considering she was on Kama.  And she's from the Bronx.  I've got someone to care about at last.

Tell 'em, Abi!

tumblr_mc43ypuEHS1qcnzaso1_500.gif

Edited by KimberStormer · Reason: adding some villain flair
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post

7 minutes ago, KimberStormer said:

I believe everyone did.

Agreed; if there had been so much as  a single revote for Lauren, it would’ve been one of the first two votes Peachy pulled out of the urn.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Agreed; if there had been so much as  a single revote for Lauren, it would’ve been one of the first two votes Peachy pulled out of the urn.

Proving The Warthog is a genius was right for a change.  

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Proving The Warthog is a genius was right for a change.  

So is a busted clock, twice a day.

😛

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

The tweet whining about how she wasn't shown in this ep, with the #purpled, had me rolling. 

Although, the fact that they didn't give her time to explain why she was against voting out Eric/Ron and/or explain why she ended up going along is interesting. Sometimes I think she's getting a winner's edit and then I'm like no way. They've shown her saying too many stupid things and now they're holding back on showing her explain her moves. Plus, they have been downplaying the moves we've seen her make to give credit to Ron and, somehow, Eric as leaders.

  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

The tweet whining about how she wasn't shown in this ep, with the #purpled, had me rolling. 

Although, the fact that they didn't give her time to explain why she was against voting out Eric/Ron and/or explain why she ended up going along is interesting. Sometimes I think she's getting a winner's edit and then I'm like no way. They've shown her saying too many stupid things and now they're holding back on showing her explain her moves. Plus, they have been downplaying the moves we've seen her make to give credit to Ron and, somehow, Eric as leaders.

They did show her question the Eric vote with Julia and Gavin, so they did put her on the record.  If we find out that vote backfires, showing her suggest doing it later would look like a winner edit element.  She has had a ton of confessionals in the past, so maybe they were just trying to spread them out a little.  

Also, if they showed her entire thought process, and her agreeing to go along with the Eric vote, it probably would have removed all suspense from the vote.  Trying to make obvious votes seem suspenseful is probably a much bigger editing priority that showing a winner's path.  

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

18 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

My girl.

Victoria is great on twitter. This tweet had me rolling when I read it last night. lol

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

Victoria really is all that and a bag of chips on Twitter. She is sassy and if it was normal season she would be even more of a character. She, Lauren & Julia are such smart girls. Not the normal young bikini model that’s usuall the Survivor norm. Granted, they are being taken over in confessionals by Wenthworth & Aubry but they are now finally get some screen time. I wouldn’t be mad if they made the Final 3.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

Victoria has all the components of a Survivor player I would love and yet I can barely stand her. It's so weird. I can't figure out what is keeping me from liking her.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post

21 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Victoria has all the components of a Survivor player I would love and yet I can barely stand her. It's so weird. I can't figure out what is keeping me from liking her.

tenor.gif?itemid=12979873

  • Love 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

14 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Did Victoria explain her vote for Chris in any of her exit interviews? I was shocked she voted for him.

Yeah, I'm curious what made her turn on Gavin in the end after she specifically told him she'd be voting for him. 

I thought it was funny how she always seemed to be almost hiding under that beanie at tribal councils. It reminded me of Jeremy Collins in Second Chances, the way he was always dipping his head down, looking up out of his hoodie with big puppy dog eyes. Victoria did the exact same thing. 

It's a shame how her game ended with such a whimper. Such an inauspicious end to an otherwise well-played game. 

  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post

Here's her explanation:

https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/16/survivor-edge-of-extinction-victoria-baamonde-finale/

Quote

Okay, well, here’s the move you made that I need some answers on, Victoria, because we see when you get voted out telling Gavin, “You got my vote.” Gavin did not get your vote, even though he at least appeared to be your biggest ally in the game. You voted for Chris to win and I need to know why.
I did. Okay, so based on the people left in the game, Devens had my whole support. I thought he was doing a great job, and I would’ve voted for him had he made it, but my saying that I wanted Gavin to win was my last-ditch attempt to get him voted out of the game, because he was supposed to be my ally. He would always tell me ride or die, we’re making it to the end.

I wasn’t fully aware of what happened, like, I don’t know exactly what the plan was, but it was clear that Gavin had slipped on me in that moment, or else there would have been at least a second vote for Chris. So that was my last ditch attempt to have the people still in the game believe that Gavin had a secure jury vote, so maybe they would see him as a bigger threat and take him out.

So why vote for Chris over Julie?
I didn’t believe Julie’s played a very prominent game, at least. She was a very emotional player, and sure, for Julie, it probably wouldn’t have happened if she didn’t have her meltdown. But for me, she didn’t play a game that I personally respected, and with no animosity towards her, she did well enough to make it to final 3, and kudos on that, but there are games that I respect. Some do take charge of things and make power moves, and I just felt like even though Chris didn’t play 39 days, which was tough for me to vote for him because of that aspect, but I felt like in the time he did have, he made a series of impressive moves, and he just deserved it more.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

my saying that I wanted Gavin to win was my last-ditch attempt to get him voted out of the game

Funny; when Vic threw out her you-have-my-vote (or whatever it was she said) to Gavin at her exit, that’s exactly what I was wondering if she was trying to do.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

I have no problem with the way Victoria voted or anyone for that matter who voted for Chris. From reading interviews the last few days it has become clear that both Gavin and Julie were seen by the jury as goats, as followers that just did whatever anyone else told them to do. Nobody is entitled to a vote in this game just because you were on the same tribe or allied wit them. You need to earn it. Most people hate the EOE twist this season, I know I do, but Aubry was absolutely right when she tweeted out that the producers are the ones that set the rules for the game during the season. And the big one this season was that players had the opportunity to come back into the game and compete.  I think it says more about Gavin and Julie's games that the jury thought that someone who played only 12 days did more in that time than two players who played all 39.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, LanceM said:

I think it says more about Gavin and Julie's games that the jury thought that someone who played only 12 days did more in that time than two players who played all 39.

Well, let’s be honest; Chris’s sacrifice of individual immunity for the sole purpose of eliminating Rick...

  1. Was the splashiest damn Big Move of the season.
  2. Removed from the game Chris’s primary Big Move competitor AND the only other EoE Cinderella story of the season.
  3. Guaranteed by virtue of its timing that it would be freshest in the Jurors’ minds when casting their votes.
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size