Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
preeya

S06E10: Brotherhood

Recommended Posts

Voight and Ruzek lock horns over how to handle the aftermath of the Antonio situation. Meanwhile, a series of unhappy carjackings turns deadly, and Ruzek must rely on a C.I. he grew up with to help solve the case.

Share this post


Link to post

It's official, Ruzek is an idiot. So he decides to dig an even deeper hole for himself and his team by disregarding Voight's instructions. At this point the only member of Voight's team with any sense is Kevin. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, spunky said:

It's official, Ruzek is an idiot. So he decides to dig an even deeper hole for himself and his team by disregarding Voight's instructions. At this point the only member of Voight's team with any sense is Kevin. 

Ruzek was never the sharpest tool in the shed.

On a side note, I have been watching the episodes in syndication and it is really annoying that they keep playing the same episodes over and over again.  It would be nice if they would start at the beginning and go straight through to the end of season five without rerunning the same damn episodes or airing episodes out of sequence. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Ruzek was never the sharpest tool in the shed.

On a side note, I have been watching the episodes in syndication and it is really annoying that they keep playing the same episodes over and over again.  It would be nice if they would start at the beginning and go straight through to the end of season five without rerunning the same damn episodes or airing episodes out of sequence. 

Both he and his girlfriend need to get with the program and go with the flow like their coworker's do. Voight is a master at worming his way out of trouble with the higher ups. Ruzek's attempt at being ride or die is just turning him into Justin 2.0.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

There is currently an epedemic of car jacking you n Chicago but as usual ina Dick Wolf production they get the demographics of the perps wrong.

Ripped from the headlines but sanitized for your pleasure.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, spunky said:

Both he and his girlfriend need to get with the program and go with the flow like their coworker's do. Voight is a master at worming his way out of trouble with the higher ups. Ruzek's attempt at being ride or die is just turning him into Justin 2.0.

At some point, Voight's luck has to run out.  Watching him wiggle himself out of situation after situtation is getting more than a bit tiresome.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

15 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

At some point, Voight's luck has to run out.  Watching him wiggle himself out of situation after situtation is getting more than a bit tiresome.

Watching the Intelligence Unit's merry band of idiots constantly getting into trouble and having to dig each other out of what ever stupid hole they are in is also very tiresome. Why is every single episode 'personal? Do they know every single criminal in Chicago because not one single case doesn't involve one of these idiots on some personal or tragic level. (then throw in a random crossover where they kill/torture a relative) it's wash rinse repeat TV.

This show was at it's best when they solved crimes as a team, not half of them running around trying to clean up after this episodes idiot of the week.

Ruzek and Upton need to end....she spends most of her time acting like she can't stand the air he breaths and yet suddenly she's the only one who cares. Give me a break. Where were Atwater and Burgess, his actual friends? The tunnel vision of this showrunner is ruining the heart of what this show was about. He can write for two characters an episode and that's it, he does not give a shit if it doesn't make sense either obviously because none of this season has made sense. As for the inevitable love triangle, no one cares. Halstead deserves better than to be thrown into that mess.

Ruzek and Platt though was perfect....that scene showed that sometimes Rick Eid must let someone with a clue write a little bit.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

The reason why every crime is personal is because they refuse to show the reality of the situation in Chicago today. Where the crimes are committed and who commits the crimes can not be depicted for political reasons. You can tell the truth and have a compelling TV show. “The Wire” is a perfect example. But this is not what happens in a Dick Wolf show.

The reality of gang life will never be depicted on Chicago PD. The criminal will mostly be businessmen or the mythical Irish mob straight out of a Jimmy Cagney movie.

Edited by langford peel
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Ruzek was never the sharpest tool in the shed.

On a side note, I have been watching the episodes in syndication and it is really annoying that they keep playing the same episodes over and over again.  It would be nice if they would start at the beginning and go straight through to the end of season five without rerunning the same damn episodes or airing episodes out of sequence. 

 

One of my biggest pet peeves.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

At some point, Voight's luck has to run out.  Watching him wiggle himself out of situation after situtation is getting more than a bit tiresome.

I could see him going down at the end of the series. As of now we have to suspend logic as he continues to slither out of situations.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I actually can’t believe they’re going the triangle route. With all the bed hopping and unprofessional behavior this show has become Greys Anatomy.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Chas411 said:

I actually can’t believe they’re going the triangle route. With all the bed hopping and unprofessional behavior this show has become Greys Anatomy.

I would have thought for sure that they would have run out of "company ink" to dip their "quills" in, by now.  That said, this series isn't afraid of having characters move on or killed off of the show in order to bring on fresh characters.

 

15 hours ago, Guildford said:

Ruzek and Platt though was perfect....that scene showed that sometimes Rick Eid must let someone with a clue write a little bit.

Platt is one of the primary reasons I watch the show.  Sure, she can be an ass sometimes, but she does bring on the humor.

 

11 hours ago, preeya said:

One of my biggest pet peeves.

This is the first season that I have started watching the series.  I am trying to fill in the past with syndicated episodes and it sure isn't easy.  I keep deleting the duplicates off of the DVR.

These are the networks that I know are airing the syndicated episodes: Ion Television, USA, Oxygen, and MYTV.

Ion Television seems to be the one that is doing the best job in airing them in sequence.

ETA:  The crossover episodes are brutal to watch, because they only air the Chicago PD side of the story, so at least half of the story is missing.

Edited by icemiser69

Share this post


Link to post

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:29 PM, spunky said:

It's official, Ruzek is an idiot. So he decides to dig an even deeper hole for himself and his team by disregarding Voight's instructions. At this point the only member of Voight's team with any sense is Kevin. 

Atwater needs to get the hell out of the Intelligence Unit ASAP.  I'm still waiting for my Atwater, Finn, Munch show.

19 hours ago, spunky said:

Both he and his girlfriend need to get with the program and go with the flow like their coworker's do. Voight is a master at worming his way out of trouble with the higher ups. Ruzek's attempt at being ride or die is just turning him into Justin 2.0.

Trudy told Ruzek that, but he didn't listen.  Ruzek ignores advice from both Trudy and Voight, confirming he is to stupid to live. 

I like that Trudy has her own contacts, and that he specifically told Voight he was talking to him as a favor to Trudy.

17 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

At some point, Voight's luck has to run out.  Watching him wiggle himself out of situation after situtation is getting more than a bit tiresome.

Voight gets top billing.  That probably won't happen until the show ends.  Unless they go The Shield route with everyone except Vic/Voight paying the price.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

hat said, this series isn't afraid of having characters move on or killed off of the show in order to bring on fresh characters.

Really? I’d have thought the opposite. They replaced Erin with whatshername because Bush quit on bad terms. And while Al was written out I think that was a mistake made by a bad show runner who had no idea of the history of the characters or what they brought to the show. Now the show is just mainly about a team of pretty idiots who are bed hopping and then getting mad at each other in between cases. That and a random drug addiction. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Chas411 said:

Really? I’d have thought the opposite. They replaced Erin with whatshername because Bush quit on bad terms. And while Al was written out I think that was a mistake made by a bad show runner who had no idea of the history of the characters or what they brought to the show. Now the show is just mainly about a team of pretty idiots who are bed hopping and then getting mad at each other in between cases. That and a random drug addiction. 

I don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

Police Story is a series that originally aired in the 70s and in the past year aired in rerun form on one of the digital sub channels.  That series wasn't afraid to kill off main characters.  It is kind of refreshing to watch a series where anyone can get written out of the show at any point.

Share this post


Link to post

Police Story was an anthology show with completely different stories and no recurring characters. Sort of like the Twilight Zone for cops.

It did serve as a means of creating back door pilots. Angie Dickensens “Police Woman” for example. Police officer and novelist Joseph Wambaugh was heavily involved.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

10 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

That said, this series isn't afraid of having characters move on or killed off of the show in order to bring on fresh characters.

 

8 hours ago, Chas411 said:

Really? I’d have thought the opposite. They replaced Erin with whatshername because Bush quit on bad terms. And while Al was written out I think that was a mistake made by a bad show runner who had no idea of the history of the characters or what they brought to the show. Now the show is just mainly about a team of pretty idiots who are bed hopping and then getting mad at each other in between cases. That and a random drug addiction. 

Well, in addition to Erin and Al, they started in the Pilot by killing off Jules, right?  Then Burgess rotated through a few partners who may not have died, but they moved on to never be heard from again, including Roman and the woman who replaced Roman.  There were Nadia and Mouse, plus the IT guy before Mouse... and not to mention the extra family members who must die to make room for new family members that we've never heard of just so they too can die.  

I think it's a fair assessment to say that the show isn't afraid of getting rid of characters and bringing on new ones.  Maybe not the central core so much, but clearly the supporting cast.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Supporting cast yes but not the central cast which is what I was referring to.

Share this post


Link to post

I almost had to laugh at the big investigation over an officer involved death. Because it seems like on this show the cops kill people pretty much every episode.

Although the biggest laugh was Burgess trying to act tough by tipping over the stuff in the chop shop. What the hell was that? It was like something from a crazy over the top comedy about a loose cannon cop.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Well Burgess did have Atwater standing right next to her.  He's pretty intimidating without having to say anything.

After what happened with Al, I wonder if Voight will try to claim Ruzek is being set up by someone trying to get back at him.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/12/2019 at 10:53 AM, TigerLynx said:

Atwater needs to get the hell out of the Intelligence Unit ASAP.  I'm still waiting for my Atwater, Finn, Munch show.

Trudy told Ruzek that, but he didn't listen.  Ruzek ignores advice from both Trudy and Voight, confirming he is to stupid to live. 

I like that Trudy has her own contacts, and that he specifically told Voight he was talking to him as a favor to Trudy.

Voight gets top billing.  That probably won't happen until the show ends.  Unless they go The Shield route with everyone except Vic/Voight paying the price.

The Atwater, Finn, Munch show would be hilarious. The actor who plays Atwater, as a few irons in the fire, so I won't be surprised if one day Atwater transfers to another unit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/12/2019 at 7:26 PM, Chas411 said:

Supporting cast yes but not the central cast which is what I was referring to.

Obviously all just my opinion, but I'd count season 1 IT guy, Mouse, Nadia, Roman, Erin, and Al as central cast.  (Jules would have been but her death was used as a Pilot plot device.)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Has Atwater lost weight? Between his lack of bulk and Ruzek’s ridiculous hipster hair they look like a couple of baristas. Eww.

Agree that the reruns are always the same episodes.

I can’t stand blondie, she hates everyone, everything and just walks around with a stick up her ass sneering at everyone like they are beneath her. Her getting killed off would be just fine.

On 1/11/2019 at 2:21 PM, langford peel said:

There is currently an epedemic of car jacking you n Chicago but as usual ina Dick Wolf production they get the demographics of the perps wrong.

Ripped from the headlines but sanitized for your pleasure.

No kidding.  His far left reach in every story and pretending every criminal is a white guy or a Russian is stupid.

Edited by SG11
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Have Upton and Jay ever hooked up?  I remember she and him were hanging out in her apartment drinking or something, but they've never actually been together, right?  Upton telling Jay that she should have told him about her and Ruzek makes it seem like there was something between the two of them.  I just can't recall.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, greyhorse said:

Have Upton and Jay ever hooked up?  I remember she and him were hanging out in her apartment drinking or something, but they've never actually been together, right?  Upton telling Jay that she should have told him about her and Ruzek makes it seem like there was something between the two of them.  I just can't recall.

They've never hooked up. They have good platonic relationship as partners, and they let each other in when the other is struggling. It's that kind of bond that makes their partnership relationship more real, and it's the benchmark that I wish the other Chicago shows could reach. Two people can work closely together, and care about one another, and NOT have a romantic relationship.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

... except they’re most likely going to hook up soon because the writers actually can’t help themselves.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/15/2019 at 5:46 AM, Chas411 said:

... except they’re most likely going to hook up soon because the writers actually can’t help themselves.

This^^  There will be some stupid triangle with Adam, especially now since he's gotten himself in quite a situation. UGH!!  I am not a big Ruzek fan but I do give him credit for trying to protect Antonio and Voight.  I normally find his actions very self serving.

Edited by SuzieQ
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

When everything happened with Al, I wondered if they were going to use the situation to address the fact that some of the very people who tell Voight he can't do things his way anymore, were the people who back in the day turned a blind eye to or outright encouraged Voight's behavior.

Now I'm wondering if Voight will claim the fresh blood was planted in order to target two more members of his team, to get at him.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size