Type keyword(s) to search

Felicity Smoak: Bitch With Wifi

• Start Topic

I think the shoes she wears are just because of the height difference between EBR and the rest of the cast. Those heels she wore for the final three episodes are beyond impractical and I refuse to believe Felicity Smoak would do such nonsense. I really hope they find a better way to cancel the height difference though because going from panda flats to heels on a mission no less, is sad for her poor feet.

• Love 1

See, I quite like how dressy she is. The first time we saw Felicity Smoak, she was in a pink shirt, a skirt, and those quite iconic now pink lips. I like how she slightly subverts the stereotype of geek, because she does seem to have a bit of an interest in fashion. And I don't really see a problem with her wearing heels. I like her heels, and I think that it fits with her daytime job. And I'm pretty sure that she goes straight to the foundry after work, I feel that really makes the most sense.

Though, admittedly, I do think that they go a bit too impractical sometimes. I agree with you on the heels in the last three episodes. 

• Love 7

Oh, yeah, I agree that the high heels are to try and minimize the height difference when she's on screen with Amell and Ramsey. But wearing cocktail dresses [and straightening her hair!] to play Executive Assistant was a bit too much. And it's funny that the show itself commented on it with the "her skirts aren't that short" bit.

• Love 1

I love Felicity's clothes, though some of it was inappropriate (boob window I'm looking at you). EBR looked downright sexy in some of the outfits particularly the backless dress in episode 10, though the length of the skirts and dresses for the work environment, were too short.

The lesson for Felicity is to keep a pair of flats in her handbag!

The lesson for us all it to keep a pair of flats in a handbag.  People in health keep telling us how important walking is; people in fashion keep giving us shoes that make it difficult (impossible for me).

I loved the blue dress that was cutaway in the back, even though it wasn't really EA work attire, much less Arrow Cave wear.  The black and white blouse in Keep Your Enemies Closer was just perfect though.

From Marc Guggenheim's interview in pastemagazine:

. We always knew that Diggle would learn Oliver’s identity and become his ally. Felicity was a big surprise. She started off as a one-off character in episode three of the first season. As we were writing episode four, we were seeing such great dailies from Emily Bett Rickards, we thought, “Let’s put her in episodes four and five.” We had so much fun writing for her. Then the network kept saying, “We’re going to see her again, right?’ We were like, “Way ahead of you!” Eventually, you get to the point where she has to learn Oliver’s secret or she’s the biggest idiot in the world. So we brought her into the fold. I wish I could say this was our master plan from the start, but it really wasn’t. One of the things we always say about the show is that we need to have a plan, but we also need to give ourselves room to deviate from that plan. Part of that deviation is writing towards actors we’re responding to as producers, and writing to their strengths. You have to listen to the rhythms the show is hitting and push it towards what works.

That answers my question of how Felicity got into episode 4.  It also encourages me about what's coming next.

• Love 2
(edited)

It also answers all the questions about how much of an impact fans had on  EBR's ascension in the show in s1 and the answer is NOT AT ALL. This was 100% the writers and showrunners making a place for EBR.  I am so glad they saw it and IMO the show is better for it.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 8

Jumping back to the clothing discussion, I think what Felicity wore as EA was TV appropriate for an EA, certainly for an EA on CW. It would be questionable for any place in reality except perhaps at a high fashion company or magazine of some sort, but for TV I don't think she dresses inappropriately. (Well, except foe the weird boob dress).

I think her season one wardrobe was more reflective of her lowly gig in the IT dept. So by that reasoning, we should get something next year based on whatever her day job is ( at least in the beginning). I'm hoping at least once she shows up in the lair wearing a name tag. ;D

• Love 1

It also answers all the questions about how much of an impact fans had on  EBR's ascension in the show in s1 and the answer is NOT AT ALL. This was 100% the writers and showrunners making a place for EBR.  I am so glad they saw it and IMO the show is better for it.

OMG THIS. I get so cranky when EBR/Felicity detractors say the role got expanded as fan-pandering to the Felicity/Oliver shippers. Uh. No. When 103 aired they had already filmed 10 episodes, and by then they had most likely already made the decision Felicity would be joining Team Arrow.

Fan reaction to Felicity definitely helped in giving EBR a regular contract for S2, since that has to be decided by the studio along with the showrunners, but otherwise? She owned the character, she brought a new kind of chemistry with Amell to the show, she brought a lightness to the scenes that Arrow most definitely needed, and the showrunners saw that, way before the audience watched a single episode.

• Love 5
(edited)

I really want to see a friendship between Lyla and Felicity. I feel like the would gel well with each other. Lyla doesn't put herself on a pedestal, and Felicity is just as down to earth (unlike some people we know)... Lyla could also help train Felicity in terms of weapons and combat. I feel like Lyla, being a woman, would know how to train a girl like Felicity. She'd understand what moves work best for her etc. Not that Digg doesn't, but sometimes it's better for a woman to train another woman. Like I said before, I don't need for Felicity to be an expert at combat/weaponry, I'd just like to see her hold herself well on the field when she's actually there. 

But other than the training, I'd like to see Lyla and Felicity hang out and have something that they probably never had before, and that's a true friendship between two women. Felicity could be close to Lyla in ways that she isn't with Digg or Oliver... Plus can you imagine the level of sass both of them would produce? Digg and Oliver would tremble at their knees just at the thought of them partnering up :') 

- pay no attention to the EBR/Felicity haters. 90% of the time they're just pressed KC/Laurel fans. I'm not joking. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 4

I think that's a good thing because if Felicity has NEVER been in green it's on purpose. Laurel being in green was most likely insignificant and just a happenstance....was Laurel in green in S1 or S2?

I really want to see a friendship between Lyla and Felicity. I feel like the would gel well with each other. Lyla doesn't put herself on a pedestal, and Felicity is just as down to earth (unlike some people we know)... Lyla could also help train Felicity in terms of weapons and combat. I feel like Lyla, being a woman, would know how to train a girl like Felicity. She'd understand what moves work best for her etc. Not that Digg doesn't, but sometimes it's better for a woman to train another woman. Like I said before, I don't need for Felicity to be an expert at combat/weaponry, I'd just like to see her hold herself well on the field when she's actually there. 

But other than the training, I'd like to see Lyla and Felicity hang out and have something that they probably never had before, and that's a true friendship between two women. Felicity could be close to Lyla in ways that she isn't with Digg or Oliver... Plus can you imagine the level of sass both of them would produce? Digg and Oliver would tremble at their knees just at the thought of them partnering up :') 

- pay no attention to the EBR/Felicity haters. 90% of the time they're just pressed KC/Laurel fans. I'm not joking. 

Hee, yeah, I know about that. I sometimes read the KC/Laurel related tags on Tumblr to amuse myself. *g*

And +1 to your thoughts on Felicity and Lyla. I think if I could have just one wish for the upcoming season, it would be for Felicity to have a lady friend, and Lyla does really sound perfect as her BFF. More than anything, I really want to see Felicity have a life outside the Arrowcave, but having someone to interact on non-Arrow related scenes BUT that knows about her nighttime activities would be just heaven for me.

• Love 1

I think Lyla and Felicity could get on well but I have a hard time seeing them as BFFs.  Partly the age difference and partly the baby on the way makes me think they would have limited shared interests.  They should spend more time together party since I would love to be able to hear Felicity express how great Diggle is to someone who would want to listen. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Maybe it's because I'm reluctant to give up on my Felicity/Sara friendship wishes but while I'd like to see Felicity get on with and have a friend in Lyla, they just strike me as being in two very different life places.  Partly it's because of age as Lyla seems to be about 10 years older than Felicity (the actress is 39) but mostly because Lyla has had so much more in terms of life experience -- she's been in Afghanistan fighting, she's been married and divorced, she's worked for ARGUS and the duplicitous Amanda Waller, she's found the love of her life and she's pregnant with his baby.  Felicity seems like she's barely out of college.  I want Felicity to get along with her and for them to support each other but they seem so far apart, I want Felicity to have a friend at her level, someone who could be her BFF.

Or what BkWurm1 said as I was typing.

(Coincidentally Audrey Marie Anderson was in the Private Practice episode before the first one Stephen Amell did.)

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

One person that I would not be happy to see Felicity be friends with is Laurel. I know that 'Laulicity' is going around but I don't think that it makes sense at all. They have shown little to no interest in each other, and they have absolutely nothing besides Oliver in common. I can see them being civil to each other, but I don't see them having heart to hearts or going out for lunch. 

But other than that, I wouldn't really mind Felicity being friends with anyone and everyone.

I love her relationship with Diggle, I love how they are quite aware of the other. I'd really like to see that explored. 

Her relationship with Sara is an interesting one, and one that is really lovely to see, and I can see a relationship with Lyla growing to a point where, if not best friends, they grow to care about and respect the other. 

I'd quite like to meet Felicity's friends that have nothing to do with Oliver though, the ones that she met at MIT or fellow IT buddies. I think it would be nice to show her life outside of Oliver, especially as it is one of the main criticisms of her character. 

• Love 3

Yes I don't think Laurel and Felicity would be friends at all. Felicity has always been civil with Laurel but Laurel hasn't always been..keen on Felicity. I guess Felicity taking Oliver's attention elsewhere a few times Laurel and he were talking is probably a reason why.

I loved Felicity's interaction with Cisco and Caitlyn. I would really like to see her a friends from MIT hanging out and getting their geek on.

Because Felicity is extremely loved by a lot of people on the internet (and by a lot I mean legit almost everyone), Laurel wouldn't fare well if she hates on/ is rude to/ resent Felicity. It will do her NO favors because when it comes to Laurel, the fandom can get unreasonable (as for me, I would understand if she resented Felicity, although that still wouldn't make her look better in my eyes). So while I don't think they would warm up to one another, I also don't think they will have a lot of scenes together. IDK Laurel and Felicity are just two puzzle pieces that don't fit. 

• Love 2

It makes me wonder what Laurel will do or say to Oliver about the ILY. She was there when Slade gave his maniacal monologue and heard Oliver say "by killing the one I love". If they would just allow Laurel to be the inner bitch she's great at, I would applaud the writers.

• Love 1

I can only picture a believable friendship between Felicity and Laurel if Laurel is played by a different actress.  Felicity and Sara were believable as possible friends because both EBR and CL have a natural warmth.  If I saw Laurel (played by KC) being nice to Felicity, it would come off as fake and calculated, in my opinion.

• Love 4
(edited)

If I saw Laurel (played by KC) being nice to Felicity, it would come off as fake and calculated, in my opinion.

Again, something I would totally believe and embrace if Laurel were going to the dark side. Although I imagine Felicity would immediately pick up on that train of thought because she tends to distrust the right people.

Edited by ArrowLimbo
  • Love 1

Laurel's sense of entitlement is the reason I can't see her being friends with Felicity.  She even shows it with Sara, who is her own sister.

Laurel thinks she knows Oliver better than anyone else does, she thinks she should be allowed out to fight Slade's army even though she's never done anything with Team Arrow before, she even suggested Oliver fire Felicity and hire her as his PA.  If Thea ever joined the Team, I bet Laurel would insist on teaching her.  While Felicity's lack of self-esteem and concern for Oliver may make her want to welcome Laurel into the new lair, unless Laurel's attitude does a 180, I can't see Laurel and Felicity ever being friends.

I think Felicity's lack of self esteem is over rated to be honest. Her issues are very rooted in abandonment, not insecurity over women in his life, and she's always been civil to Laurel. I don't think it would be so much concern for Oliver as Felicity is just a friendly person. She's a strong woman, she stood up to Moira (of all people) she can stand up to Laurel. Both Felicity and Diggle (more Diggle) I don't think are particularly fond of Laurel.

• Love 3

I think Felicity's lack of self esteem is over rated to be honest. Her issues are very rooted in abandonment, not insecurity over women in his life, and she's always been civil to Laurel. I don't think it would be so much concern for Oliver as Felicity is just a friendly person. She's a strong woman, she stood up to Moira (of all people) she can stand up to Laurel. Both Felicity and Diggle (more Diggle) I don't think are particularly fond of Laurel.

Yes, I think that it's important to note that Felicity didn't feel intimidated by Sara because of Oliver, she felt intimidated because she was worried they wouldn't need her on the team anymore. And I don't think she felt intimidated with Isabel, she wasn't a fan of her from the beginning so I can see why she wouldn't understand a relationship between them. 

Sara can be compared to Laurel in a few ways (as a romantic pairing for Oliver). They both knew Oliver before the Island, they both have complicated relationships with him. They're also both considered 'strong' women (or were meant to be considered 'strong' women). Sara has more on top of that, in terms of compatibility to Oliver, in that she knows more than most what went on on the Island, she's physically strong and has shown herself to be really strong. And yet, Felicity wasn't intimidated by Sara, so there is no reason for her to be when it comes to Laurel (unless it magically turns out that Laurel is super amazing with computers). 

One thing that I do worry about is Felicity and Diggle being used to prop Laurel, despite them showing that Felicity and Diggle do not like her. Instead of changing Laurel to be a nice person, they could change Felicity and Diggle so that they magically like her. 

• Love 1

I think Felicity's lack of self esteem is over rated to be honest.

I agree.  Having daddy and/or abandonment issues does not necessarily correlate to a lack of self-esteem. Everyone has insecurities even people with a lot of self confidence.  I just have not seen this lack of self-esteem in Felicity that others have mentioned.  This is the woman who told her boss and the CEO of the company that he was a fool if he fired her because she was the best thing that happened to the IT department, frequently tells Oliver where to step off and had no problem being snarky to Nyssa.   I doubt very much self-esteem (or the lack thereof) will have anything to do with how Felicity treats Laurel in the lair.  Felicity has been courteous to Laurel because that's the way she is, but I don't see Felicity becoming BFFs or fawning over Laurel in the lair, no matter how much concern she has for Oliver.

• Love 3

When Walter called Felicity to his office in An Innocent Man, she assumed it was because he was going to fire her. She did stand up for herself but someone with high self-esteem would have assumed getting called to the big boss's office was for a special project, not because she was going to be fired.

When she was looking for Walter in The Undertaking and went up to Verdant to get Oliver, she immediately assumed that she had interrupted something between Oliver and Laurel, "gorgeous Laurel".  I'm fairly secure about my looks and I've never addressed someone I've just met as 'gorgeous X' to her face.  And Felicity babbles when she gets nervous around other people, a sign of social anxiety.

In the scene with Moira in Heir to the Demon, she's very nervous and completely outflanked by Moira even though Felicity knows she's in the right. And with Isabel, she was "Please don't make me take a cab with her to the hotel" until she knew that Isabel was evil.

I think Felicity got on well with Sara because Sara made the effort to make friends with her. The same with Diggle, who she first knew from his association with Oliver and later from trying to save Oliver's life together.   When Felicity feels comfortable with someone, she's very different from how she is with strangers or someone she knows doesn't like her.   With friends, she feels able to tell them off. With other people she'll do it if she thinks it the right thing to do, because she always does The Right Thing even though it costs her, but she's very uncomfortable and often scared.

• Love 3

That's so interesting. I had the opposite feeling about the Laurel/ Felicity Verdant scene. I saw it as Felicity talks a lot and she was kinda letting it slip accidentally that Oliver was still hung up on Laurel. To the annoyance of others in the arrow cave. But, I thought she was being confident because she was like wait a second, I'm not nobody. I'll have to watch it again looking at it from a different perspective. Hmm.

That's so interesting. I had the opposite feeling about the Laurel/ Felicity Verdant scene. I saw it as Felicity talks a lot and she was kinda letting it slip accidentally that Oliver was still hung up on Laurel.

I thought the same thing, that it was Felicity's very roundabout way to say Oliver talked about Laurel all the time.

I don't really see Felicity as someone with low self-esteem [well, possibly some with regards to whether dudes are romantically interested in her, but that's fairly normal], but rather, as an Introvert -- hence the awkward social skills.

• Love 2

I see it as both. In terms of the plotting of the show, it was another anvil that Oliver Loves Laurel, setting up the Oliver/Laurel/Tommy triangle for the end of the season.

But in terms of Felicity herself, I saw it as Felicity feeling that she's completely out-classed by Laurel.  Saying "I'm nobody", even though she corrected it later, seemed like she felt that she was a nobody compared to Laurel, who was gorgeous, a lawyer and Oliver's true love.

I fall somewhere in between on this. For the most part, I think Felicity is refreshingly confident for a character of her archetype--for example, she was quite confident when it came to Barry. She openly flirted with him and asked him out, and was really rather un-flustered around him, especially for her. Others have pointed out a lot of great examples of her holding her own with powerful people like Walter, Oliver, various bad guys, etc.

On the other hand, I don't think she's completely self-aware and because of that, she doesn't totally own her power yet. Like, I don't think she really felt like a contender for Oliver's affections until the finale. She doesn't think she's on the same level as a Laurel or Sara, and the only reason for that is a lack of self-awareness. I think it rings true for someone who was probably a little geeky and socially awkward in her K-12 days, but who came into her own in college and after. I've seen a few people who don't think she ever dated or had a boyfriend, or who think she's a virgin, and I fully disagree. My headcanon has her in high demand at MIT, and I think she'd take full advantage.

Anyway, back to owning her power: the Bitch with Wifi scene was awesome, and that's what I think we're working toward. She's getting there. Realizing what she can really do and how valuable that is to the greater good.

• Love 8
(edited)
OMG THIS. I get so cranky when EBR/Felicity detractors say the role got expanded as fan-pandering to the Felicity/Oliver shippers. Uh. No. When 103 aired they had already filmed 10 episodes, and by then they had most likely already made the decision Felicity would be joining Team Arrow.

Fan reaction to Felicity definitely helped in giving EBR a regular contract for S2, since that has to be decided by the studio along with the showrunners, but otherwise? She owned the character, she brought a new kind of chemistry with Amell to the show, she brought a lightness to the scenes that Arrow most definitely needed, and the showrunners saw that, way before the audience watched a single episode.

So NOT AT ALL & 100% fan service are both not accurate to the situation. Would we agree its a bit of both?

I really want to see a friendship between Lyla and Felicity.

I think that would be a good idea,they might be at different places  right now but they are both adults with some common ground and relationships are also about learning from one another. The differences can also enrich the relationship. And lyla wouldn't be someone she knows (directly) through Oliver but Diggle, so something a bit new there. This makes much more sense to me than either Felicity/Laurel or Felicity/Thea. The former barely has anything in common with one another and dont seem to have connected the few times they met, the latter have not even had scenes and also dont see what they have in common besides Oliver. 

Has Felicity ever worn a green outfit on the show? I don't think she has....if so, that is pretty significant...they will put her in green at the right moment...

I definitely think she has. Not a full outfit but green top/s. I just wish i remembered the episodes. 

http://coolspotters.com/characters/felicity-smoak/and/clothing/anthropologie-road-game-cardigan/media/3701286#medium-3701286

http://www4.images.coolspotters.com/photos/1154709/windchime-earrings-by-peggy-li-creations-gallery.jpg

http://www4.images.coolspotters.com/photos/1153812/felicity-smoak-and-french-connection-manhattan-jersey-sleeveless-dress-gallery.jpg (some green not all)

I actually see laurel wearing reds a lot and some  dull colors, for someone who is supposedly going to be Black Canary (black/yellow being her colours), its weird to me. 

I agree.  Having daddy and/or abandonment issues does not necessarily correlate to a lack of self-esteem. Everyone has insecurities even people with a lot of self confidence.  I just have not seen this lack of self-esteem in Felicity that others have mentioned.  This is the woman who told her boss and the CEO of the company that he was a fool if he fired her because she was the best thing that happened to the IT department, frequently tells Oliver where to step off and had no problem being snarky to Nyssa.   I doubt very much self-esteem (or the lack thereof) will have anything to do with how Felicity treats Laurel in the lair.  Felicity has been courteous to Laurel because that's the way she is, but I don't see Felicity becoming BFFs or fawning over Laurel in the lair, no matter how much concern she has for Oliver.

DITTO 100% nothing more I can add to that. 

Yes, I think that it's important to note that Felicity didn't feel intimidated by Sara because of Oliver, she felt intimidated because she was worried they wouldn't need her on the team anymore. And I don't think she felt intimidated with Isabel, she wasn't a fan of her from the beginning so I can see why she wouldn't understand a relationship between them.

For me I think deep down it was about Oliver, as not intimidated by Sara but jealous/envious of her over intimacy or romance issues . I dont think that stops her from being a strong woman, she is still strong and very confidence in her skills and self. But we all have flaws/weaknesses, character jealousy over "love" issues doesnt have to be so frowned on, unless it becomes acted on and  harms  the other person. Yeah i know that this is not a popular opinion and the show tries to sell it otherwise but then I see it as an anomaly and OOC if it were to be about something else (I wouldnt be surprised if Oliver/Felicity finally date, and the writers finally come out and backtrack that it was really jealousy, same for Oliver with Barry).

Felicity had no reason to feel insecure over Sara's simple blood analysis skills, she is a freaking genius! and noone in that team can do all that she can. If we are to take it she was insecure about her job and skills, to me it goes against what we had seen before of Felicity before this episode happened. It flushes down a lot of her prior characterisation down the toilet. She was not afraid to stand up, challenge her supervisor and bosses, people who actually have authority over her job and some expertise in what she does,  let alone be worried about someone who is not skilled in her area taking over her job?, I say ridiculous. on another thought maybe her reaction was meant to have a double meaning, they will for back on the side which lines up with the future they create as the story progresses, Imo.   I think Felicity sensed a malicious vibe in isabel and  all the bullying, hence the intimidation, otherwise to me it was not because of lack of self esteem. My personal perspective on this. 

Edited by Conell

So NOT AT ALL & 100% fan service are both not accurate to the situation. Would we agree its a bit of both?

It's two separate things. My comment about "NOT AT ALL" is  accurate because I was talking solely about Emily's progression in s1. I never said anything about s2.

Guggenheim's comments confirm what has been said by Amell and Emily about her role being increased after the network execs, showrunners and writers saw her work after ONE episode which wasn't aired until after she had been given an increased role. So no, I stand by my assertion that fan response was not in play when Emily was given the initial upgrade in s1.

Having daddy and/or abandonment issues does not necessarily correlate to a lack of self-esteem. Everyone has insecurities even people with a lot of self confidence.  I just have not seen this lack of self-esteem in Felicity that others have mentioned.  This is the woman who told her boss and the CEO of the company that he was a fool if he fired her because she was the best thing that happened to the IT department, frequently tells Oliver where to step off and had no problem being snarky to Nyssa.

Having daddy issues doesn't necessarily mean a lack of self-esteem (although interestingly studies have found that very successful women often have daddy issues because they're trying to prove something to their disapproving or absent father).  But for me, it's how Felicity behaves rather than her backstory.

She did tell Walter that firing her would be a big mistake, but when she was called to his office, she automatically assumed that it was because she was to be fired. A self-confident person would have been more likely to assume that she was either being given a promotion or pulled aside to work on a special project because she was so good at her job.

Felicity is afraid of a lot of things but even while afraid, she goes and she does them because she thinks it's the right thing to do. She's afraid of heights but she swings on arrow vines with Oliver, or window sashes, and jumps out of a plane to get him.  That's one of the reasons I love the character so much, because even terrified she does what she needs to do.  She told off Oliver even right after she's just joined the Team even though you can see that she's scared while she does it.  She knows Moira doesn't like her and that she's one very scary woman but she still confronts her with the information about Thea's parentage.  And then when that doesn't work, she tells Oliver himself even though it would hurt too badly if Oliver abandoned her.  A self-confident woman wouldn't have been stunned when Oliver told her Slade took the wrong woman, she would have said "ah, that explains it."  When Oliver told her in Tremors that when she was away he was aware of how much they needed her, she asked "Do I have a shot then at being employee of the week?" instead of saying "It's about time  you realized that" as a more self-confidence person would have done.  Think what Laurel would have said in that situation.

Felicity's self-confidence has grown over the time of the show as she's realized that she is important to Oliver and Diggle and to the mission, but I still think she's more likely to defend another person than  herself.  I didn't think she was being snarky to Nyssa; more that she was defending their territory.

I wonder how Felicity is going to get on with Lyla, and whether Lyla will be spending time with them in the new lair..

• Love 1

Felicity's self-confidence has grown over the time of the show as she's realized that she is important to Oliver and Diggle and to the mission, but I still think she's more likely to defend another person than  herself.  I didn't think she was being snarky to Nyssa; more that she was defending their territory.

I wonder how Felicity is going to get on with Lyla, and whether Lyla will be spending time with them in the new lair..

I didn't see it as being snarky to Nyssa or defending her territory, but an attempt to mirror what scary assassin Nyssa just said.  Felicity has a way of treating the extraordinary as ordinary, like when she equated Sara being chased by the LoA and how hard it was for her to get out of her gym membership.  She normalizes things.  It's just a Felicity thing, kind of an off shoot of her babbling, but not out of nerves or even IMO a lack of filter.  I think it is a part of her analytical mind.  She makes connections to try to understand things and put them in context but sometimes the connections are very weak, like the scars she has in her mouth from her wisdom teeth when the rest were accounting wounds from gunshots and stabbings.

When it comes to Lyla, I don't think Felicity would have any hang ups with her unless she worries about Diggle having a baby with his ex wife.  That sounds like a hell of a bad idea but I think Felicity (and I) view Lyla and Diggle as reconciled and tru luv and all that.  So I think Felicity would welcome Lyla with open arms.  Still not sure if they would ever have a deep connection since their interests and place in their lives are so different but I don't ever see them as adversaries.   

• Love 1

The Diggle one is hysterical!

personally, I think Felicity is a character that a lot of people can relate to (I know my family does, and we all adore her and the actress who plays her so well).  I think she's been able to show layers of confidence and insecurity that is easy to identify with.  I know for myself that there are aspects of my life that I can handle with confidence, while others I'm not so sure. And it was more of that when I was in my 20s, around Felicity's age. 

I do think the show has done a good job of showing that her personality has charmed quite a few people on the show - but not all.

I'm curious to see how Felicity will dress in Season 3.  In the first season, she was dressed appropriately for an IT person in a corporate environment.  In the second season, she dressed much more fashionably, I guess, to fit her job as executive assistant to the CEO of a big multinational corporation.  In the third season, maybe she'll wear more jeans and pants outfits.

• Love 1
(edited)

In the Arrowcave it doesn't matter how they dress since the three of them (four if you count Roy, five if they insist on having Laurel involved) are the only ones to see each other there, and Oliver spends most of that time either shirtless or in green leather. In public though, I think it depends on what kind of persona Felicity is going to be putting on. If she's back with QC, or working at Kord or someplace professional like that, she'll most like be in the business attire of choice. Felicity strikes me as the kind of person who dresses appropriately during the work week and then spends her weekends (before the Arrow came around anyway) in sweats or pajamas.

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 1

Reading through the early Felicity Smoak discussion on this thread just makes me realise how strange the fake out actually was. I noticed Slade didn't do much of anything to Felicity or Diggle, except Diggle got his behind handed to him by Roy. But other than that they were untouched. How strange that Slade didn't do a thing to team Arrow. It was like he didn't notice them at all but focused on pre-island Oliver's family and love interests only. Seems so narrow minded when you think of it. How long was Slade keeping an eye on Oliver that he didn't realise the tripod effect team Arrow had.

In particular that Felicity didn't want him to kill. Slade confronts Laurel, but doesn't touch her. Then has her kidnapped, but not killed. I feel like my mind has been mirakuru'd because Slade dismissed Oliver's team completely.