Type keyword(s) to search

Felicity Smoak: Bitch With Wifi

• Start Topic

I don't know if you've already shared your reasoning and I overlooked it, but can I ask why you're not going to watch?

Quite a few reasons, I think she show failed quite a bit in S2, I haven't actually really loved or been impressed by an episode after 209 (with the exception of 222).  I feel like this whole season was a bit of a waste, so much built around Mirakuru just to get rid of powers at the end of the season. I hate the bringing people back from the dead (looking at you Merlyn). I hate the Bio Daddy Drama, I hate the Baby Mama Drama (that's sure to come back in S3). I hate the fact that the sent Sara off to have her soul destroyed by the LoA just so they could make Laurel (a character I hate) Black Canary...etc.etc.etc

Someone called JoelR made a comment on an article at this site

I wonder if now that Oliver is broke, she'll start her own IT consulting company.

I liked what he said about it not being Slade that made Oliver a hero, it was Felicity giving him the strategic advantage.  Because when I saw that speech to Slade, I was all 'WTH?  You would have killed him if Felicity hadn't talked you out of it!'

I was going to post something about how much better Felicity is for him than Laurel and then I read the comment "I still believe and always will believe that Laurel is his future, hell she’s his past, present and future so that’s the couple I ship" so I figured, let it pass.

Are you Trish?

(edited)

I don't know about present and future. I don't have a problem with Oliver loving Laurel forever, that's fine. But personally, I think our actions speak louder than our words do. So if you say you love me, then proceed to sleep and impregnant some other girl, not tell me, sleep with my sister and be the reason she's "dead", lie about her being alive, then again, proceed to sleep with her, whilst I give you relationship advice, I ask you "Where is the love?"

Like I said, Laurel the doormat is not someone I will cheer for.

I liked what he said about it not being Slade that made Oliver a hero, it was Felicity giving him the strategic advantage.  Because when I saw that speech to Slade, I was all 'WTH?  You would have killed him if Felicity hadn't talked you out of it!'

I don't actually think too many people give Felicity the recognition she deserves. He was certainly on the kill Slade train movement until she told him to chill his arrow snapping fingers.

Edited by ArrowLimbo
  • Love 4
I don't actually think too many people give Felicity the recognition she deserves. He was certainly on the kill Slade train movement until she told him to chill his arrow snapping fingers.

I know right. Felicity was like "being a killer is what got us into this situation" and basically to correct his past mistakes. This time cure Slade. And, I thought that was awesome. She was definitely the brains in taking Slade out. 

• Love 3

I would love to see a complicated back story for Felicity that is not connected to the island events, but could be connected to ARGUS.  Maybe her father is an ARGUS agent or rogue agent or double agent.  Maybe she could find that someone broke into her apartment and searched her things while she was out, and it turns out to be a bad guy looking for clues to her father's whereabouts.  

Maybe the officer or detective investigating the break-in could be a hot young cop who is charmed by Felicity and asks her out.  Maybe she could start dating this cop, but she's always having to rush away from her dates because of Arrow business.  Maybe Lance (who's become police captain or chief of police) could develop a paternal concern for Felicity, who has no father.

• Love 3

I mentioned this elsewhere but I think part of Felicity's S3 storyline is going to be tied to Roy's amnesia plot. She's the one that chose to lie to him about what happened. EBR said in an interview that she wants Felicity to make mistakes and learn from them, I think she might have been referring to this storyline.

• Love 1

I think Felicity's origins would be best left to, 'keep it simple, stupid'. But sadly, I doubt very much that the writers of this show will ever adhere to that principle. We know she's from a single parent family, with a mother who was a cocktail waitress in Vegas. We know that she exceeded whatever reasonable expectations her life had when she got into MIT. Is there any reason to complicate things any more?

No dark past or secrets or convoluted involvement with sinister agencies, please. At least, no past involvement (I'll get on to that in a minute).

And no dating a guy just so we can see Oliver be jealous. That sort of shit makes me stop watching a show. And given that nearly everything that happens on this show ends up being about Oliver in some way, I doubt very much that Felicity ever gets a storyline that is completely independent of him. Even Diggle's storyline with ARGUS and Lyla will end up involving Oliver heavily, now we know he and Waller have a history.

The idea of her having lied to Roy coming back to haunt her is interesting, but I don't see how it could be that perilous. They had more important things to worry about right then than Roy's issues, and even Roy should be able to understand that.  I do wonder, though, whether a hint might have been dropped in these last couple of episodes about a potential future for Felicity. That being, ARGUS. She was cooing over their computer systems, amazed that they had kit that wasn't supposed to be available, and Waller clearly takes an interest in people who could be valuable. Felicity, with her hacking and her quarterbacking of all Arrow activities, as well as her organising of Oliver Queen's daily life at QC? Seems like she has skills that Waller might think could benefit her organisation. And Felicity is in need of a job....

The idea of her having little choice but to join an organisation that she knows to be ruthless and heartless, that will casually commit any crimes necessary to further their goals, and that will claim all the while that they're doing the right thing. I think that could be an interesting dilemma for her.

Though I imagine that the writers will restore Oliver's company to him in short order, anyway.

• Love 2

Not to mention, Felicity working for ARGUS would allow her to monitor their activities and kept Oliver aware of potential threats to Starling. The more I think about it the more I really like this idea.

• Love 1
(edited)

Felicity Smoak, MIT, Class of 09

The official CW bio on Felicity Smoak has her as 25 years old but if she graduated MIT five years ago would that mean she got into college at the age of 16?  I rather like the idea of her skipping grades and finishing high school early.  The question is did TPTB intend for this to be Felicity's backstory or did they just forget how old she was and accidently make her 27.  Or was she aged up to be more of a peer to Laurel and Sara and Oliver on purpose??

No matter the intent, they have now made Felicity a junior in college the year Oliver went missing.  Somehow feels like fodder for fan fiction.  That's not a complaint. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3

If she was 25 when the show started, then that would be about right, wouldn't it? Going to college early, graduating early? That sounds like our Felicity.

I do like that they're slowly dropping these little bits of info into the show, though. Absentee father (still not keen on that), cocktail waitress mother, M.I.T, graduated '09. And I like that they're not doing it in a, 'Oliver is surprised at this secret about her past' kind of way. Because they've established that he did his homework on her, so I would like to believe that Oliver already knows about her parents and her past (and that would handily dispose of the idea that Ivo is her father).

Not to mention, Felicity working for ARGUS would allow her to monitor their activities and kept Oliver aware of potential threats to Starling. The more I think about it the more I really like this idea.

Which Waller would know all about, but let her continue to do it because she'd have a bigger plan that she thought she could snare Oliver and Felicity in. I think they need to ensure that ARGUS keeps its teeth, for as long as possible. They look like being either the big bad or at least the big unpredictable in season 3. I also imagine Waller would enjoy trying to sow seeds of doubt about Oliver in Felicity's mind. Especially if the history between her and Oliver is as we've guessed.

• Love 1
(edited)

I want Felicity to have a complicated back story because a simple story would take one episode, period, while a complicated story would be a multi-episode arc.  I also want Felicity to have a love interest - not to show Oliver being jealous - but to show Felicity having or trying to have some kind of normal life outside the Arrow Cave.  I want her love interest to be a tough guy like Oliver and not another Barry.  I never saw any romantic chemistry between her and Barry - they were too similar, too much like siblings.

I can see another way to tie Felicity to ARGUS or even the LOA, without making it ludicrous that Oliver went to her for help.  Way back in Season 1, when Oliver was first looking for IT help, he was referred to Felicity by someone.  What if Oliver went to Walter first (saying something like "do you know someone who could help me with a computer problem?") and Walter was the one to refer him to Felicity.  We know Moira knew about the LOA.  We know Walter was best friends with Oliver's father and married Moira.  We know Oliver's father had a list with Isabel's name on it.  Maybe other names on the list were LOA or ARGUS names.  We know Malcolm was also friends with Moira and Robert and presumably Walter.  We know Walter trusted Felicity enough to help him investigate his own wife, Moira.  What if Walter has always taken a special interest in Felicity because Walter knew or knows Felicity's father, who is somehow involved with either ARGUS or the LOA?  Maybe Walter is the one who hired Felicity for QC in the first place.  Maybe Walter knew Oliver was the vigilante and wanted him to have Felicity's help.  Felicity would still be innocent, but an unwitting pawn.  

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

What I would kind of love is if Felicity's father was actually a good person who was taken from his family against his will by one of the bad guys. I don't relish the idea of her having her father return to her life, only to learn that he's some awful evil genius or whatever. I mean, that would be fine and I'm sure the show would handle it well too. But it would give her good motivation to defeat the bad guy if he still had her father somewhere, and then she could have a healthy relationship with him again, and--yeah, I just want her to be happy, that's all.

What I would kind of love is if Felicity's father was actually a good person who was taken from his family against his will by a supervillain. I don't relish the idea of her having her father return to her life, only to learn that he's some evil genius or whatever. I mean, that would be fine and I'm sure the show would handle it well too. But it would give her good motivation to defeat the bad guy if he still had her father somewhere, and then she could have a healthy relationship with him again, and--yeah, I just want her to be happy, that's all.

I want Felicity's father to be a grey character. I want him to be like one those characters that was forced to leave his family in the process became what "he had to be" in order to save his country and not what he "wanted to be" a family. I want her father not be just an evil man, that would be lame. 

As for Felicity having to lie to Roy. I think in that situation Felicity choose to lie because she thought Roy would lose it again. They needed all the help they can get. I think even if it was wrong, Felicity was thinking of the bigger picture..defeating Slade. 

Film-maker John Kastner has recently released a documentary of a man who killed his mother while he was in a psychotic state, and how he and his family have to live with that.  It's heartbreaking now that he can understand what he did.  I thought of the Team lying to Roy when I heard the interviews, and thought 'yeah, that could be good if they do it right'.

From The Arrow Was Poisoned thread

Felicity's reluctance to push Oliver and her relationship is something that actually annoys me. I know she sees how much Oliver "loves" Laurel whenever he starts doing dumb snot to protect her. But Felicity is a smart girl, surely she can see just how awful that relationship is.

And I guess it slots into her abandonment issues in that she would rather have him in her life in some capacity than do or say something to further their relationship. But damn. I know she can see something is there and she sure knows Oliver is NOT going to be the one acknowledging it. Give just a little Felicity and see what he does with it.

But Felicity doesn't see herself as lovable.  Her father left her, her mother was probably too busy for her or didn't care. She may not have had a boyfriend in high school or college, given her  "even a guy in a coma" moveson from her. She accepts that Oliver loves Laurel, as soon as he said that Slade took Laurel because he wanted the woman Oliver loves, she was all "I know, so..."

When Oliver couldn't be with Laurel, he got together with Sara even though Felicity was totally available, right there in the Cave working beside him night and day.  If he were interested in her, wouldn't he have made a move by now?  She knows that she's his 'girl Friday' and maybe she should settle for what she's got.  She was hoping on the island for a sign that Oliver may have meant what he said for the cameras but all he did was agree they both sold it.  Oh, well, at least she's got him as a friend.

The potential for jealousy over Oliver is huge now that Laurel will also be on the Team, or so KC says.  Please show, don't go there.

• Love 1

I'm quite confused about the "Because of the life that I lead..." Statement from Oliver. SA has made reference to that statement when he was asked about whether or not Oliver meant the ILY. I thought at the time the reference was actually about Laurel, but now it's Felicity. Or maybe it's both.

But anyway, I can understand why Felicity stepped off then. Really it is just my annoyance at what I see, but I realise what Felicity sees and feels is different. I hope the beach scene gives Felicity the confidence going forward because Oliver didn't deny anything. If anything he put it on her by saying they both sold it. It must give Felicity some hope, a cracked door or window that maybe there's something on his side and not just hers.

I agree with the her thinking she's his partner and settling for that, but it would still be really interesting to see Felicity push somewhat. She's smart, she'd figure it out.

• Love 1

It never occurred to me that the "Because of the life that I lead..." line could refer to Laurel.  I have to think about that now.

I always thought it referred to Felicity.  Even Oliver's grimace at the end of it as Felicity walked away seemed like he didn't want to hurt her but thought he had to say that.  But 2x7, I thought that Oliver was so over Laurel except as a responsibility.

Oliver saying they both sold it seemed to imply they were both faking it otherwise why would it be a question whether it was sold if it was the truth. (That's very convoluted, am I making any sense?)  Felicity knew that she wasn't faking but I can see her assuming that Oliver was.

Oliver saying they both sold it seemed to imply they were both faking it otherwise why would it be a question whether it was sold if it was the truth. (That's very convoluted, am I making any sense?)  Felicity knew that she wasn't faking but I can see her assuming that Oliver was.

Well now I look at that scene very differently. The problem is their expressions weren't agreeing with what was coming out of their mouths. Perhaps I can be blamed for looking at that instead of what came out of Oliver's mouth at the time. It seemed to me that even though they were both saying it was fake that there was truth in it. They both did sell it. Oliver more surprisingly than Felicity.

(edited)

On second thought, what did Oliver mean in terms of Felicity selling it? That she caught on so quickly and wasn't all 'what the fuck are you talking about?' Other than not reacting in disbelief or telling Oliver she wouldn't go along with his plan, Felicity didn't really have anything to sell. Personally, I think he was just deflecting during the beach scene so he wouldn't have to actually answer the question. Or, he was too busy staring at her all starry eyed and didn't hear what she was saying. 

I so don't want to see any type of Felicity competing with Laurel for Oliver's affections. That just insults my intelligence and would refute everything I've seen on my TV. I neither want to see, nor do I think Felicity would, play those games. If anything, for me, Oliver would need to massively work on becoming a person worthy of Felicity Smoak's affections. And that's why I hope Nightwing shows up, sweeps her off her feet, shows Oliver that you can be a hero and have a relationship, and be generally awesome. Please note: I am a biased, unabashed Nightwing fan.

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 1

I so don't want to see any type of Felicity competing with Laurel for Oliver's affections. That just insults my intelligence and would refute everything I've seen on my TV. I neither want to see, nor do I think Felicity would, play those games. If anything, for me, Oliver would need to massively work on becoming a person worthy of Felicity Smoak's affections. And that's why I hope Nightwing shows up, sweeps her off her feet, shows Oliver that you can be a hero and have a relationship, and be generally awesome. Please note: I am a biased, unabashed Nightwing fan.

I think we already have the answer to this though because Felicity didn't act jealous with Sara. I'd just be annoyed if she did with Laurel. I would understand tension between Diggle and Laurel but not Felicity because she's normally very cordial with Laurel.

That island scene is now giving me a head ache. Felicity was going on about "you really had me going for a second...like you meant it." Then she says he really sold it and he replies they both did. So what is Oliver recognising she has feelings for him but allowing her to think he thinks it was fake? Because she was most certainly not faking. Like an easy way to deflect any true meaning behind the words and her reaction.

Agh I thought I had it figured out.

(edited)

I always thought it referred to Felicity.  Even Oliver's grimace at the end of it as Felicity walked away seemed like he didn't want to hurt her but thought he had to say that.

That scene makes me sad, because she doesn't realize he's talking about her.

I so don't want to see any type of Felicity competing with Laurel for Oliver's affections. That just insults my intelligence and would refute everything I've seen on my TV.

The scenes we've seen with Oliver. Felicity and Laurel, Oliver seems more interested in arrowing with Felicity than Laurel. it would be weird for that to change now.

Edited by icandigit
(edited)

I just watched Year's End from season 1, and at the Christmas party, Oliver tells Laurel that he is happy for her and Tommy. As she walks away, the expression on his face... there is no longing or jealousy that she's with someone else now.  Except for the sex at the end of the season when Tommy pushed him into it, I really believe that Oliver was over Laurel by then except as a memory or desire to turn back the clock.

In the island scene, I thought that Felicity was really asking Oliver to confirm that it wasn't just an act, that he really does have feelings for her. So she said "You really sold it" and instead of telling her that he meant it, which is what she was hoping for, he replied "We both did" putting both of them into the category of faking it for Slade's camera.  The stars in his eyes tell me he was lying (as do Guggenheim and Amell) but he wants her to believe that he was just acting because he thinks he can't be with her and he doesn't want to hurt her any more than he has to.

That's just my opinion,

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4
(edited)

To what end, though?  He's dead, the flashbacks have moved off the island.  What would be the point of dragging him back into the story?

I'd really like, at the very least, for Felicity to have a dad who's alive and can contribute to the story.  If he has to be a bad guy, so be it, although I'd prefer someone Oliver doesn't know (or doesn't know he knows).  Actually, I'd prefer a good guy, but I'd also prefer to win the lottery, so...

Edited by JenMD
  • Love 5

If Fyers turns out to be Felicity's father, it adds some angst to the Oliver/Felicity relationship since he helped kill her father.  Felicity was devastated when her father abandoned them, but I didn't get the sense that she hated her father as a result - just ended up feeling very insecure as if she'd get dumped at any moment. 

No. 

There was some fevered speculation a few months ago that Ivo was Felicity's father, helped by an Ask Ausiello thing that said something along the lines of, "If you believe a certain internet theory, then you'll find out more about Felicity's father in tonight's episode..." But that was about it.  The producers have just said that they know who Felicity's father is and they want to have time to explore the storyline. Which has led to a lot of fan speculation that her father is Fyers, Ivo, someone with the League of Assassins, Ted Kord, Alan Scott or Hal Jordan (I think the only basis for that one is that Ferris Air was once on screen), the Clock King, someone connected to the Vegas mob or the Bratva, or another villain.

Signs definitely point to villain, but I'm still kinda hoping that Felicity's father turns out to be a hero of some kind. Granted the Vegas storyline does not at all fit with my hopeful little Carter Hall speculation, but there's other DC possibilities still out there, right?

• Love 2

If Fyers turns out to be Felicity's father, it adds some angst to the Oliver/Felicity relationship since he helped kill her father. Felicity was devastated when her father abandoned them, but I didn't get the sense that she hated her father as a result - just ended up feeling very insecure as if she'd get dumped at any moment.

Ahhh spoiled ha! I just ask because of two things...Where there's Smoak there's Fyers and they both said exactly the same thing about archery: "Seems utterly ridiculous to me" that's far too exacting to be a simple coincidence on both ends wouldn't you say?

Oh, I'm sorry about the spoiling! I wasn't thinking. 

I honestly don't know if the writers were trying to suggest a relationship between Felicity and Fyers or just draw parallels between the island and the current storyline. I've noted that they like to do the second a lot. 

Well Arrow isn't afraid of giving similarities in speech. Slade with his whole "her choice her life" with Felicity saying "my choice my life" and Felicity standing on the land mine the same episode Oliver does. They probably do it on purpose to make speculation more interesting and to keep our attention.

I'm hoping Felicity has some interesting storylines coming up but I'd rather her father not be Fyers or Ivo, since I'd like to think there are some things going on in the world not connected to Oliver and that stupid island.

• Love 6

No, I wouldn't want Felicity's parents to be connected to Oliver or that damn island either. But if the writers are planning more than a one-episode story, then they probably would be connected to whatever the main plot of next season. They wouldn't want to "isolate" Felicity in a B story that doesn't impact the A story in some way. I think (I'm hoping) they learned that lesson with Laurel. One of the best things Arrow did at the start of the second season, IMO, is to take out the peripheral characters. That's why we had to say bye-bye to Carly and Joanna.

(edited)

I do like the theory of Felicity's dad being Ted Kord or some other business-minded DC character, who could come in and buy QC or be a rival for them in the event the Queen's get it back. That would tie him into the narrative if part of it is dealing with reclaiming what was lost (both in terms of the company and family).

Edited by KirkB

For all of Felicity's hacking abilities and need for mysteries to be solved, I'm surprised she hasn't tried to find her dad herself. Maybe she's too frightened to do that but it's unlikely she doesn't at the least know his name.

Part of me wonders if she's connected to the big bad next season (not Malcolm)! I'm pretty sure the baddie will be someone Amanda/Oliver pissed off in Hong Kong... I wouldn't mind Oliver knowing her father just as long as the father wasn't in Lian Yu. 

But I'm hoping that her father would be the good guy. More specifically, Kent V. Nelson, AKA Dr. Fate (without all the magic) because everything fits. He has a daughter and is divorced AND his headquarters is in Nevada (where Felicity is from)... It could cause for a lot of Felicity angst. No matter how much I ship them, I don't want her backstory to be used as a prop for Oliver/Felicity. But alas, I doubt this happening. 

• Love 1

It's just too coincidental I mean the guy's name is Fyers and it's not spelt Fires and her name is Smoak but not spelt Smoke, then that line just says to me yes, the guy who was complicit in Oliver's torture is her dad. I guess we shall see soon enough, it's just too weird to me.

I'm hoping that Felicity is connected to someone either good or grey because that would be a better story as she has to reconcile any feelings of resentment she might have for him leaving.  And because next season we already have Thea connected to a Big Bad.

Also that he's still alive so the story can be carried through rather than as a one-shot shock value.

More specifically, Kent V. Nelson, AKA Dr. Fate (without all the magic) because everything fits. He has a daughter and is divorced AND his headquarters is in Nevada (where Felicity is from)..

I hadn't heard of him but that sounds like it could be good,  Maybe they were thinking of him when they said Felicity's mother is a cocktail waitress is Las Vegas.

Eddie Fyers is a character from the DC comics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Fyers

(edited)

Fate had been good to psychiatrist Dr Kent V. Nelson. He had a lovely wife and daughter, a well-heeled practice, recognition in the community, and taught an annual seminar at the university. This made Kent's affair with a university student reckless in the extreme. To compound the situation, he left the evidence lying around; when his wife found out, she left him, taking their daughter with her. Kent slid into depression, barely able to care about his patients any more. He pretended he was listening, faked giving them his attention, but even that began to pall eventually.

Ultimately, it was this lack of attention which led to his final downfall. 

You can find the whole description here: X :)

This guy is from the New Earth comics... But I think the one in Smallville was the original one who married Inza. 

Edited by wonderwall

Thanks wonderwall (my favourite band BTW) he sounds like he's had a shitty life. Any chance of Felicity eventually becoming Oracle if he is her father? It seems like a natural progression.

No problem! Oasis is my LIFE :p 

Anyways, I think it could be great for Felicity! I would sort of picture him as The Mentalist 2.0 occasionally helping team Arrow much to Felicity's dismay. 

But if he IS the father (which I highly doubt but hey, anything is possible), it could possibly lead to Felicity being a pseudo Oracle, sort of like how Chloe was Watchtower in Smallville! I want Felicity to be her own, nothing from the comics. I feel like that's how she will shine you know? Because there are no expectations for her like there are with Laurel. 

If Fyers turns out to be Felicity's father, it adds some angst to the Oliver/Felicity relationship since he helped kill her father. 

But with it being done in the past, it seems like such minimal angst compared to what they could do with a bad guy father Oliver had to face in the present, after Felicity's been reunited with him.  Oliver killing a bad guy, more than 5 years ago when the guy hadn't even been in Felicity's life for years and years seems void of most of the drama of the situation.  I had the same problem with the Ivo theories (even more so with that since Ivo was already dying when Oliver put him out of his misery).

I'm hoping that Felicity is connected to someone either good or grey because that would be a better story as she has to reconcile any feelings of resentment she might have for him leaving.  And because next season we already have Thea connected to a Big Bad.

Also that he's still alive so the story can be carried through rather than as a one-shot shock value.

Yeah, I'm hoping for good or grey, as well, for many of the same reasons (actually, I have some spec I'll throw in the Spec thread later).

Eddie Fyers is a character from the DC comics

As is Felicity Smoak, and since her character was only supposed to be a one shot, they surely named her as an Easter egg, as they like to do; they wouldn't have had any reason to name her with a background in mind since they didn't know she'd be sticking around.

• Love 3

No problem! Oasis is my LIFE :p

Anyways, I think it could be great for Felicity! I would sort of picture him as The Mentalist 2.0 occasionally helping team Arrow much to Felicity's dismay.

But if he IS the father (which I highly doubt but hey, anything is possible), it could possibly lead to Felicity being a pseudo Oracle, sort of like how Chloe was Watchtower in Smallville! I want Felicity to be her own, nothing from the comics. I feel like that's how she will shine you know? Because there are no expectations for her like there are with Laurel.

Yes! Another Oasis fan, is it any wonder? Ha! That'd be awesome if Felicity took on a role like Chloe's in SV. She kind of already is I guess but that official Oracle title I think would suit her to a T. I'm currently reading a BoP comic called Wolves and Felicity certainly has Oracle-esque similarities also if they did a spinoff I'd be soooo down with CL JDG and EBR together on a series. I'd buy ALL the DVDs!

To be honest, I don't want Felicity as Oracle. I like her as she is. I just want her father to be someone not related to the Island. They can have be someone Oliver has a run in with when he was in Hong Kong or Russia. I am guessing he goes to Russia next.

I just feel like her father would be more connected with either ARGUS or HIVE. This would probably cause some angst between her and Diggle then her and Oliver. I want to more BroTop moments between D&F. 

• Love 2
(edited)

First off, I.LOVE.FELICITY!

And yes in the middle of the season they did underutilise her. I was ok with Sara being more center stage because it still warranted team scenes and I liked they got along. I actually think Sara's presence highlighted and emphasised Felicity's importance in the team and the show. 

Personally, I don't get the comments about her not being secure in a romantic situation. I felt she and Barry were pretty cute, her interest was obvious and when she got the vibe from him, she wasn't scared to respond in kind. So far what the show has shown me it that she is secure in that department. The fact that she doesn't "pursue" Oliver is more indicative of her not wanting to mess with a good frienship and team dynamic. And Oliver has given few hints he sees her in a romantic light. Loves her? Yes. In what way? She has very little way to know that. That's not being insecure or thinking she doesn't deserve him, it's a case of friends not wanting to mess with what they have. I always find it a bit weird to pursue soimeone who has not shown interest in you yet. Is she supposed to make him like her? I am writing this from what I think might be her perspective. She doesn't feel like right now, Oliver is into her. What is she supposed to do? Change her behaviour? That would be unhealthy and we wouldn't love her as much. I would like to see them together by the end, but I feel like Oliver needs to become more settled and grounded. I don't totally feel like he doesn't deserve her, just that right now a relationship between them would not be give & take.

I always only want to see a character in a relationship if it informs about their state of mind and reveals more of their story. To me having a life does not always mean having a boyfriend or in some romantic entanglement or other. Hell, seeing her outside the Foundry could be her at a convention for techies and being interrupted for a mission. Or an incident happens there and she needs the Team to help.

Backstory wise, I want to see her family's reaction to her endangering herself. Like her mother comes by for a visit (or is in trouble and needs her help) and discovers she works with the vigilante. If we do get to meet her father, I hope he is a rando that made a mistake and tries to reconnect with his daughter. He then finds out what she does and try to advise her... Vulcanic eruption about how he has no right to dictate how she should live. Hurtful things said, we see a different side of Felicity. Perhaps some platonic Olicity bonding moment over disappointing parents. That would be more interesting to me. Also it would help with making sure not all of her life is tied back to Ollie.

Edited by fantique
  • Love 3

fantique the way I agree with your entire post is extraordinary. Her family would definitely allow us to see a different side to Felicity that will only make her personality and character more crunchy. It would be about time someone called her out on running around with a former killer and it could be a way to illuminate to the audience why she does what she does. We know she said Oliver allowed her to see she can be more than an IT girl but why stick around through all of the dangerous situations. And oh just imagine a mother Smoak. How exciting!!! Daddy would certainly have no say in her life because he up and left so that conflict, combined with a much more defensive Felicity would be crunchy.

• Love 2

Thx ArrowLimbo! I was starting to think I was the only one feeling that way. I was prepared to rewatch all her scenes to see what I missed. It also makes me think now that maybe Team Arrow will be pulled in different directions. Not only Ollie does not have the fund to keep them all three together, but Diggle will have to think about his familial duties versus the Team and Felicity might have to think hard about what she is sacrificing. I like the idea of sacrifice being something that sollidifies a person into the Foundry. Are they ready? Roy + Ollie will have to face Thea, Felicity would have to let go of a normal life and Diggle say goodbye to the ficket fence. I would love that! Vigilante or Brother/Boyfriend/Happy IT Girl/ Father?