Type keyword(s) to search

Note from the Mod: Show Cancelled! Now What? (Updated)

So, good citizens of these boards, we all knew it would happen eventually.  We hoped against hope, we prayed daily to our deity of choice, we sent good vibes, we chanted mantras, but the inevitable is finally here:  Fox cancelled "I Wanna Marry Harry" and will be pulling it from the broadcast schedule immediately.  

At the moment Fox says they will release the remaining episodes online, it's just not clear when.  And if you're like me, you will totally mainline those eps when they are available, because, gosh darn it, you've just GOT to see how they do the reveal of this guy being not-Harry!  So, here's the plan going forward:

I have created episode threads for the next two episodes, as they are the only ones I could find titles for.  I'd create placeholders for the others, but I can't even get definite info on how many there are supposed to be.  So I'll finish them out when they are released to the public.   You may begin discussing them in the appropriate ep threads as soon as the eps are available.  The rules will be the same as they are for Orange is the New Black or another show that drops all at the same time: 1) Only talk about the specific episode in the episode thread, or reference things that happened in an earlier episode.  NO DISCUSSION OF THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN FUTURE EPISODES in the episode threads; 2) Comments about the season as a whole, or that reference material from multiple episodes can be put in the "Season 1 Wrapup" thread.  Capiche?

UPDATE:  This Variety article says the eps will be available on Fox.com, Fox on demand, and Hulu starting tomorrow afternoon (Friday, June 13).  I assume it's correct.

I'll keep you updated if things change.  Thanks guys!  I hope some of you will stick around cause I'm enjoying snarking with you.

• Love 2
(edited)

Thanks for the update, Rhondinella! Now that the shock has worn off, I think this could be a good thing--if it goes somewhere easier to watch, like Variety says, Fox On Demand.

I'd probably go right to the finale, see if it had anything enjoyable about it that would make watching the other ones worth keeping on (even just as background noise). The Variety article said that "No original series on one of the Big Four networks has ever rated lower." Ouch!

Edited by Padma
(edited)

Meghan better keep bringing the crazy rubber races and sarcasm.  Poor girl.  A fairly genius performance by Reality TV standards, and it's going to waste.  

BTW:  Just because he's not on screen (or even a voice), I think we're missing lots of good "Seacrest Out!" jokes with this cancellation.  Ryan Seacrest Productions is gaining a real shit record, isn't it?  The Kardashians are floating the whole thing.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 2

Now it's time for the very evitable* sequel:

"Win a Date with Ryan Seacrest"--where nearly all the contestants have been on prank shows, and are getting revenge by being fed LOTS of personal information (good and bad.)  If they can't get enough women seeking revenge, they could always find a few Jerry Springer guests (either from his talk show, or from "Baggage.")

* If you ever wondered what the opposite of inevitable was, now you know.

A fairly genius performance by Reality TV standards, and it's going to waste.

I endorse this remark.

Update:  The eps are all available now on Hulu and on Fox.com.  I don't have Fox On Demand so I can't speak to its availability there.  There are only 8 eps total, so only 4 that were unaired.  I've created ep thread for each.  Binge (and snark!) away!

(edited)

I cannot watch from Canada!!!

That's nothing new for Hulu and Canada, right?

I notice that the show broadcast in the UK (on ITV2) and in Australia (on Network Ten).  I suppose it's possible if you have solutions to see their broadcasts online that work better than Hulu, there might be some backdoor that way.   Or I suppose it's possible someone might pop them up on YouTube, and Fox could care SO little maybe they won't be aggressive in taking them down.

Speaking of the International Broadcasts, I wonder how much money Ryan Seacrest conned them out of.  A little Google-Fu reveals the ratings in the UK and Oz were seemingly just as bad, in scale, as the US ratings.

Edited by Kromm

I was just wondering if the show was cancelled

because of the prize money Matt and Kim were given. In the past episodes of
some shows had to air for prize money to be given.

Probably not but just a thought.

But I think, since they are airing online- they are still 'airing'. Otherwise, wouldn't it disappear into thin air?

Besides,

$250,000 for 2 is like the lowest prize in the history of reality TV.

(edited)

Seriously considering watching them all tonight myself, so I completely understand.

I binge watched, it was awesome.

I wish I had known about this show before.

Edited by RealityGal

OMFG!  Noooooooooooo!  This show is so bad it's great.

Are you all telling me that when Ryan Seacrest was interviewed about this show and he said season 2 was in the works since they found out a way for a season 2, that he was lying?

[catches breath and quietly walks away sobbing]

OMFG!  Noooooooooooo!  This show is so bad it's great.

Are you all telling me that when Ryan Seacrest was interviewed about this show and he said season 2 was in the works since they found out a way for a season 2, that he was lying?

[catches breath and quietly walks away sobbing]

I feel like season 2 would have been competing for the Nigerian prince who keeps emailing me.

• Love 10