Type keyword(s) to search

Ladies Of London - General Discussion

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

I was shocked! I thought the diet of endless jelly tots, champagne and all the love of her fiancé would be enough to protect her. 

The only thing I remember about Caroline Stansbury is how she didn't want anything to do with her kids. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 1/20/2021 at 2:11 PM, Nicmar said:

The only thing I remember about Caroline Stansbury is how she didn't want anything to do with her kids. 

And the irony is, she’s said that her fiancé wants a child and that she’s willing to try for one, even at her age(early 40’s)...talk about accessory kiddos.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

And the irony is, she’s said that her fiancé wants a child and that she’s willing to try for one, even at her age(early 40’s)...talk about accessory kiddos.

It’s not so much age as it is I can’t see her giving up globe trotting. Unless she’s going to hit the clubs in Ibiza 8 months pregnant? 

Caroline was featured on a segment about Dubai on CNN International recently, on a show hosted by Richard Quest. Here is a behind the scenes segment on it:

Basically, like most of the people in Dubai, a has been/almost was/never was who reinvented herself there...

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Caroline was featured on a segment about Dubai on CNN International recently, on a show hosted by Richard Quest. Here is a behind the scenes segment on it:

Basically, like most of the people in Dubai, a has been/almost was/never was who reinvented herself there...

I'm not even sure what I just watched there 😄  But her t-shirt is horribly unflattering.  Was that young man in the car with her at the beginning her boyfriend or some kind of "assistant"?

• Love 1

So I bought the entire series via my Amazon Prime.  Don't judge.

I'm rewatching now, starting with season one, since I can't travel internationally and must get my London fix.  Had forgotten that Luke, Caroline S.'s makeup artist, had been with her since day one of LOL.  

Juliet's hair always looks like she needs to wash it.  And her clothing is horrible.  Her kids are darling though.

Still like Caprice.  Too bad she didn't return.  

Julie sighting!  She shows up at Marissa and Juliet's (although really Marissa's, since Juliet did nothing other than show up) July 4 party as a friend of Caprice's and Annabelle's.  

I like Annabelle.  The cheese may stand alone but I like that she has zero fucks to give, especially with regard to Juliet.  

Noelle is really horrible.  She is a snobby, bitchy fuckwit about the apartment she and Scot went to look at -- and which I'm assuming Scot will be footing the bill for.  I love London and I know that Marylebone is a very nice, sought-after area.  She's acting like he's putting her up at the Motel 6 or something.  And then she absolutely throws him under the bus for the Serpentine event, from telling everyone that he is basically such a loser, he couldn't get them tickets (paraphrasing) to telling him that Caroline's extra ticket will obviously go to her. 

Whoever initially labeled her a gold digger was not off the mark.  

• Love 2

The show is a nice time capsule of the post-Olympics/pre-Brexit era of London.

Juliet's hair always looks like she needs to wash it.  And her clothing is horrible.

Good to know some things stayed consistent throughout the shows run.

• Love 2
On 2/23/2021 at 3:23 PM, psychoticstate said:

For those that don’t want to pay for it, it’s free on Peacock. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 2/23/2021 at 3:23 PM, psychoticstate said:

I'm rewatching now, starting with season one, since I can't travel internationally and must get my London fix.  Had forgotten that Luke, Caroline S.'s makeup artist, had been with her since day one of LOL.  

Juliet's hair always looks like she needs to wash it.  And her clothing is horrible.  Her kids are darling though.

Still like Caprice.  Too bad she didn't return.  

Julie sighting!  She shows up at Marissa and Juliet's (although really Marissa's, since Juliet did nothing other than show up) July 4 party as a friend of Caprice's and Annabelle's.  

I like Annabelle.  The cheese may stand alone but I like that she has zero fucks to give, especially with regard to Juliet.  

Noelle is really horrible.  She is a snobby, bitchy fuckwit about the apartment she and Scot went to look at -- and which I'm assuming Scot will be footing the bill for.  I love London and I know that Marylebone is a very nice, sought-after area.  She's acting like he's putting her up at the Motel 6 or something.  And then she absolutely throws him under the bus for the Serpentine event, from telling everyone that he is basically such a loser, he couldn't get them tickets (paraphrasing) to telling him that Caroline's extra ticket will obviously go to her. 

Whoever initially labeled her a gold digger was not off the mark.  

I can’t judge because I bought them off of iTunes lol
I liked Annabelle and wanted Caprice to return. 

Noelle was ugh. It seemed like she blew through her Matthew Mellon money and was looking to keep that lifestyle. Anything below it was considered a downgrade. How cruel of Scot to put her in a £3m dumpy penthouse! It’s eerie watching it now, knowing what happened. 

On 2/23/2021 at 8:50 PM, Hiyo said:

The show is a nice time capsule of the post-Olympics/pre-Brexit era of London.

It truly is! 

I do like many of the shows Julie Montagu is doing. I watch her YouTube series. Sometimes she’ll say or do something interesting or quirky and I’ll ask Why didn’t we get this Julie on the show? She seems happy now, less stressed. 

• Love 3
On 10/29/2021 at 6:08 PM, LemonSoda said:

I do like many of the shows Julie Montagu is doing. I watch her YouTube series. Sometimes she’ll say or do something interesting or quirky and I’ll ask Why didn’t we get this Julie on the show? She seems happy now, less stressed. 

I love Julie's Youtube series. She has a charisma and hustle. If it wasn't for her, Mapperton would be crumbling. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Atlanta said:

I love Julie's Youtube series. She has a charisma and hustle. If it wasn't for her, Mapperton would be crumbling. 

Curious where this Julie was during Ladies of London because she’s fun. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

From the rumored casts lists, it doesn't seem like any of the women rumored to be in the cast have that high a social standing. As per most lists, if Caroline does join, she would lead the pack in at least social media following.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 1/17/2022 at 7:14 AM, Hiyo said:

From the rumored casts lists, it doesn't seem like any of the women rumored to be in the cast have that high a social standing. As per most lists, if Caroline does join, she would lead the pack in at least social media following.

The teaser came out this week and Caroline is in it. It premieres on Bravo in June or July (I can't remember which right now).

I was going to request a forum foe RHODubai, but I couldn't come up with sub-forum titles.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Stuck at home after surgery and can’t watch something with a complicated plot line, so I binged all the Ladies of London episodes on Peacock. I enjoyed it more than the initial run.

It was an awesome show, such the right combination of realness, castles, ass-kissers, snobs, and petty drama - iit was great. I am sad that it was cancelled.

It made me view Caroline Stansbury on LOL vs. on RHODubai. Lord, I think I would be miserable to be near her in any city or country. She real is just an a##hole

Edited by Stats Queen
  • Like 5
On 3/26/2023 at 6:28 PM, Stats Queen said:

Stuck at home after surgery and can’t watch something with a complicated plot line, so I binged all the Ladies of London episodes on Peacock. I enjoyed it more than the initial run.

It was an awesome show, such the right combination of realness, castles, ass-kissers, snobs, and petty drama - iit was great. I am sad that it was cancelled.

It made me view Caroline Stansbury on LOL vs. on RHODubai. Lord, I think I would be miserable to be near her in any city or country. She real is just an a##hole

I’ll always be sad this was cancelled.
Isn’t she truly? I know violence is wrong but I wish Julie, Juliet or Adela or all three  had punched her.

• Like 2

Missed this one on its initial run, but loved it. Made me want to move to London for a spell.  They always zoom too quickly through the location shots though. Such a tease!!

I’m glad they eased up on the ‘ugh, Americans are so gauche!’ stuff after season 1. Funny how they constantly complained about the Yanks making spectacles of themselves,  but then season 2&3, the English acclimated quite well to the drama & how to create a ‘scene.’ Must have gotten some good producer coaching after season 1. 

Caroline F was a Danish Manic Pixie Dream Girl, but I always enjoyed her. She’s naturally gorgeous and other than the rude manner about eggs, positive and fun to be around. 

I liked Caroline S in the beginning, but her ‘taking the piss’ jabs became nasty and negative and nonstop. She really thought her shit was ice cream, but she made good tv.

Marissa was a snob, but felt for her with the baby and bed rest. Annabelle was another one who started off interesting and biting, but took it too far into sour and bitchy. I’d have kept her tho, she had her moments.

Julie went from constantly crying to the manor born, nose on the air. If I never hear the word Mapperton again, I’ll die happy. Although, it was a gorgeous place.

who else? Sophie was a gossip with great hair, but that’s about it. Enjoyed her more when she was drunk “your husband said it was the best night of his life!” Haha.  

Noelle was a lemon faced grifter. 
Caprice was trying too hard for storylines, but I’d have liked to see her on after the baby stuff settled down.

and Juliet. Ugh. In season 1 I had hopes she’d be fun, but she crawled up Caroline’s ass and stayed there only to peek out and snarl now and then.  

Would love a reboot on this one 

• Love 1