Type keyword(s) to search

SMILF - General Discussion

Aethera
  • Start Topic

Eh seems like more of the same, Bridgette bickering with her mother about how she’s raising the kid.

If she gets on some slow, boring but steady track towards getting a good job, finding a partner, it might be boring TV.

So she’s destined to have problems getting a good job and keeping it, with the child care and other daily issues.

I actually thought this was pretty good. Bridgette wasn't a total asshole, and I felt bad for her when she found out her dad had died. I mean, I dont know how much good would have come from her finding him and telling him off, but now she will never get any real closure. And right after her kind of step dad killed himself! 

This show isnt normally "funny" exactly, beyond cringing at the unfortunate messes the characters find themselves in, when they arent just sad or frustrating, but I laughed when the priest followed the old guy at the funeral by apologizing to about a dozen different communities that were certainly offended by the speech, including eskimos.

• Love 4

Ha, it looks like this season's episode titles are all SMILF acronyms! The first episode officially airs next week but in case you hadn't noticed from the above posts, it's already available on demand.

S02.E01 Shit, Man, I've Literally Failed

Bridgette’s search for her father leads her to Philadelphia and back home again as she loses the key to his whereabouts. Tutu’s decision to leave Larry alone with Joe unexpectedly leads both Bridgette and Tutu on a path to close the door on their pasts.

Promo:

Original air date: 1/20/19

S2.E1 quotes

Victor: If you gotta look for [your dad], he's not worth finding.

Bridgette: Who's your favorite character?
Larry: Skye.
Bridgette: I don't know. I mean, I like PAW Patrol. I just feel like Mayor Humdinger always picks the same first responders, you know? I mean, I get why Marshall needs to be there. He's a medic. But they're all dude dogs. Like, where the bitches at?

Bridgette: Nobody knows us here [at this church].
Zaggy: Oh, they know me here.
Bridgette: How do they know you here?
Zaggy: Eh, a little problem with a nun. 
Bridgette: It gets dark with you so fast.

Rafi: Dear God, take care of Joe.
Bridgette: Cut that shit out. 
Rafi: What?
Bridgette: We don't pray.
Rafi: We're in a church.

Eliza: [Joe] was my favorite one of your family members, honestly.
Bridgette: Me too, kind of, and he wasn't even related.
Eliza: That's exactly why.

Eliza: What are you wearing? 
Bridgette: You like it? My mom let me borrow it. I didn't have anything black.
Eliza: I'm not mad at it at all. 
Bridgette: Right? My belly's free, and so are my farts.
[Eliza laughs]
Bridgette: What is wrong with you?
Eliza: I'm high as fuck. I popped a weed gummy. 
Bridgette: Oh. I didn't.

Eliza: Oh, man, my dad's such an asshole. 
Bridgette: Why?
Eliza: He treats me like a teenager. "My kitchen ain't a rec room."
Bridgette: You do live in his house and get high all day, and your favorite book is Harry Potter.
Eliza: That's who you look like. 
Bridgette: What?
Eliza: A dementor!

Bridgette: Ally? Are you okay?
Ally: Yeah.
Bridgette: I didn't know you knew Joe.
Ally: Um, I didn't know Joe, but, you know, your mother and I have gotten to be very close. 
Bridgette: Really? 
Ally: Mmm hmm.
Bridgette: Wow.
Ally: Also Mr. Daddy is fucking prostitutes, so there's that.
Scott: They're not prostitutes, mom.
Bridgette: Well, either way, that sounds terrible. I'm so sorry. Um, I have to pee, but I'd love to hear about it later.

Zaggy: Joe. Gawd, you handsome son of a bitch. Looked like a young Robin Williams. You know, we grew up together, Joe and I. Joe used to love to go to the South Shore Music Circus, spending afternoons banging c*****. C*****! I guess you call them Asians now, but back then, they were c*****. And I tell you, boy, if they had this #MeToo thing - don't touch me, keep your fingers to yourself shit - if they had that back then, we'd be doing time! I'll see you on the other side, pal.
Father Eddie: Thank you, Zaggy, for that colorful remembrance, and I just want to apologize to any of our members from the Asian, LGBTQ, Jewish, Polish, and Eskimo communities.

Bridgette: My dad died.
Tutu: You okay?
Bridgette: I think so. I don't know.
Tutu: Well, let's go piss on his grave.
Bridgette: Think that'll help?
Tutu: Oh, I know it.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

The kids playing Larry are so fucking adorable!

Nitpick: Tutu said that Larry's last meal was ham and noodle stars. Was she just mixing things up because she was upset or has Campell's started making crazy soups since I was a kid? I remember split pea and ham soup and I remember chicken and stars soup, but I definitely don't remember ham and stars. Heh, maybe she mixed them together!

I can't decide how I feel about Bridgette's dad dying. On the one hand, maybe being able to meet him in person and confront him would have given her closure. On the other hand, I agree with the guy from the airport: if you have to go look for him, he probably isn't worth finding.

As immature and messy as Bridgette can be, she told the kindest lie at Joe's funeral. I remember when something similar happened on Ally McBeal. I know that in general lying isn't good, but this was a lie who hurt no one. In point of fact, it made Tutu feel better.

Ha, and Bridgette was right when she said that of all people, Zaggy should not speak from the heart at Joe's funeral. Good lord, that eulogy! Father Eddie's apology makes me glad that we missed the rest of what Joe said.

I'm okay with Eliza getting high before the funeral because it was worth it to hear her say that Bridgette looked like a dementor.

I loved seeing Mindy Sterling!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2

S2.E2: Sorry, Mary, I'm Losing Faith

Bridgette misses a date after unexpected news at Ally’s birthday dinner sends her spiraling towards a religious rediscovery. Raf struggles to establish boundaries with Bridgette in their co-parenting arrangement. Tutu and her sister Jackie are left to sort through their memories of the past.

Original air date: 1/27/19

Wow, I knew that Ally was self centered but to fire Bridgette at dinner just because her husband is having an affair? FFS.

Poor Tutu. It's hard enough to lose someone you love, but she feels so guilty which is compounding the problem. I hope she takes Jackie up on her offer to spend the summer at Martha's Vineyard (although now that I think about it, would Tutu enjoy that?).

I'm probably going to hell for this, but I laughed when drunk Bridgette stumbled into the church and yelled, "ABORTION!" I don't like that she still depends on Raf (texting him at 2am to come pick her up? not cool), but I'm glad that even while she was drunk and high, she realized that having a set schedule for him to have Larry is better for everyone.

• Love 3

Where does she get the money to:

• bathe in 50 gallons of milk?
  • have a tat removed?
  • pick up the check for the dinner with Ally?

She's unstable, undependable and the most stable relationship she has is with her ex drug addict baby daddy.

I'm not sure where this show is going.........

• Love 1

So Bridget had daddy issues, is what they were trying to convey, which led to the need for that milk bath?

I don’t recall that being a thing in the first season.

This kind of feels at times like Fiona from Shameless in Southey, if she didn’t have to take care of several siblings.  That may be where they take the show, kind of in meandering circles like a show which has been on the air for 9 seasons.

She was masturbating after she'd eaten Flaming Hot Cheetos--and had the residue on her hands, which, gross, but this is SMILF. The milk bath was to cool her lady bits from the peppers in the Cheetos, just as milk does (to mouths) when people drink it after pepper-eating contests. Any dairy would've worked, including the spoiled milk that she pulled out from the fridge. She would've just needed enough for her crotch, but that wasn't dramatic and comedic enough for TV.

And this has been your gynocological class for the day.

I don't understand why the fantasy man (Was it supposed to be her dead father? I didn't get that.) was wearing a Harvey Weinstein mask.

Edited by bilgistic
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, bilgistic said:

She was masturbating after she'd eaten Flaming Hot Cheetos--and had the residue on her hands, which, gross, but this is SMILF. The milk bath was to cool her lady bits from the peppers in the Cheetos, just as milk does (to mouths) when people drink it after pepper-eating contests. Any dairy would've worked, including the spoiled milk that she pulled out from the fridge. She would've just needed enough for her crotch, but that wasn't dramatic and comedic enough for TV.

And this has been your gynocological class for the day.

I don't understand why the fantasy man (Was it supposed to be her dead father? I didn't get that.) was wearing a Harvey Weinstein mask.

I understand that part.

But she was fantasizing about an old fat man in a mask that looks like her father going down on her when she was masturbating?

Serious daddy issues.

Now that Ally fired her for spending the day soaking in milk instead of showing up to tutor, how are they going to keep her in the show?

Looks like they got rid of the son that Bridget screwed.

• Love 1

Ally is so ridiculously privileged and clueless, her scenes are so often just made of cringe. I mean, she fired Bridget over dinner just because her husband had an affair, AND said that she still wanted to hang out?!? After volunteering her maid to babysit Bridget's kid so they could hang out? What the hell?

Bridget really is just such a mess, even when she is trying to be a better person. Blows off a date with a seemingly decent guy, so she can break into a church, steal the wine, and run off with the virgin Mary. I admit, I did giggle at her walking down the road with her Mary statue. Girl needs all of the therapy. 

• Love 2

S2.E3: Single Mothers Inspire Loving Families

On the day of Ally’s birthday, three parallel stories reveal the ripple effects of Bridgette’s night out. Feeling neglected by her husband, Ally goes on a mission to obtain a rare Birkin bag. Ida cares for Ally’s children while she struggles to stay connected with her own daughter in Samoa. Elsie and Mindy have to put their own birthday celebration on hold when Ally makes a special request on their night off.

Original air date: 2/10/19

I didn't mind seeing the other women's lives because it showed us that Bridgette is lucky that she doesn't have to spend eight hours a day with Ally. I know Bridgette needs the money, but good lord, Ally is a pill. She is so self centered. I get that she's upset her husband is cheating on her but that is no excuse for screaming at a salesgirl. I was also creeped out by the fact that the flowers he sent to Ally were signed "Mr. Daddy." Ewww.

• Love 2

There was a Birkin bag B-plot on Sex and the City one million years ago. Samantha used her PR "connections"--lying about representing Lucy Liu--to get a bag. Lucy found out and took the bag.

I guess this makes me a small person, but I am very judgmental of people who spend $23,000 on a handbag. That's $9,000 more than my car, which I still drive, cost 14 years ago.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, bilgistic said:

There was a Birkin bag B-plot on Sex and the City one million years ago. Samantha used her PR "connections"--lying about representing Lucy Liu--to get a bag. Lucy found out and took the bag.

I guess this makes me a small person, but I am very judgmental of people who spend $23,000 on a handbag. That's $9,000 more than my car, which I still drive, cost 14 years ago.

Yeah it's hard to make her a sympathetic figure.

Then her telling the help -- she has two of them there -- that she told them about the refrigerator, which she's only buying because it clashed with the decor.

And one of the women is basically raising the kids, cheering up the daughter who has major insecurity issues while Ally is whining about her riding lessons and her Birkin bag.

They could have written her character for greater comic effect, like the Jane Krakowski character in Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, who is in on the joke about her extravagant lifestyle and the loveless marriage which makes that lifestyle possible.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, tvaddict44 said:

I had absolutely no idea who these people were.  I only watch this for Rosie so I may be out before long....

So interesting...I was intrigued because it showed how the periphery characters have their own lives and identities - aside from the main characters, who are so self-involved they have know idea/compassion for what anyone else is going through. 

• Love 5

I agree, I loved this episode. Bridgette isn't the only one whose life is affected by Ally's shitty, entitled behavior. The other women have rich lives, families, people who care about them. To Ally they are commodities, nothing more. It never occurred to Ally to offer one of them her old fridge? I loved Mindy in the fancy schmancy shop. She's wasted in the stockroom, what a natural! Her scene with the Birkin customer broke my heart.

• Love 3
On 1/15/2019 at 1:40 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

S2.E1 quotes

Bridgette: Who's your favorite character?
Larry: Skye.
Bridgette: I don't know. I mean, I like PAW Patrol. I just feel like Mayor Humdinger always picks the same first responders, you know? I mean, I get why Marshall needs to be there. He's a medic. But they're all dude dogs. Like, where the bitches at?

Ok, this is bugging me - Skye is not a dude dog.  And Larry just said she is his favorite.

3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I agree, I loved this episode. Bridgette isn't the only one whose life is affected by Ally's shitty, entitled behavior. The other women have rich lives, families, people who care about them. To Ally they are commodities, nothing more. It never occurred to Ally to offer one of them her old fridge? I loved Mindy in the fancy schmancy shop. She's wasted in the stockroom, what a natural! Her scene with the Birkin customer broke my heart.

4 hours ago, Jade Foxx said:

So interesting...I was intrigued because it showed how the periphery characters have their own lives and identities - aside from the main characters, who are so self-involved they have know idea/compassion for what anyone else is going through. 

I'm wondering if it's suppose to be about how these supporting characters are affected by main characters or it's just an attempt to try something different.

It kind of feels like High Maintenance, the way the characters there are interconnected, without being aware of each other.  But the narrative meanders from one character to another, just showing little slices of lives.

I don't know if Ally is entitled or just oblivious of what's going on around her.  Sure she's spoiled but she doesn't mistreat her employees.

She knows a little about Bridget's life but it seems very little about the other women.  For instance, the Jamaican? woman is actually close to Mindy, who is the one who sold her the Birkin bag.  She probably doesn't know that they know each other.

So it didn't occur to her to offer the refrigerator but she gave it to her without a second though and then offered her $400 to babysit Bridget's kid.

Ally is so ridiculously self centered, but I still kind of enjoy her on screen. She is just so lacking in empathy that it makes you want to shake her and explain to her that the people in her life are actual people and not accessories, but you know it would just go in one ear and out the other. She cant even be bothered with her own kids, let alone "the help" she pays to have around. Her freaking out about her missing a riding lesson and not getting her unbelievably expensive bag and going on about how "everything in her life is a mess and she had just ONE THING she wanted to do" was just peak Ally. And her calling her husband Mr. Daddy is really weird. 

I liked this episode a lot, it was fun seeing the lives of some of the other characters, especially as it tied into last weeks episode. 

• Love 2

You have to give Connie Britton some credit.  I've only seen her in a couple of things but Ally is almost the opposite of Tammy Taylor.

Or maybe Tammy would be a mess too if coach Taylor was stepping out on her ...  😄

• Love 2

S2.E4: So Maybe I Look Feminine

Bridgette gets a taste of the picture-perfect life of the one-percent, spending a luxurious day at a polo match as a blonde, hobnobbing with celebrities, and celebrating her new best friend’s basic bachelorette party.

Original air date: 2/17/19

The kids playing Larry are so adorable. I love them so much.

I could totally relate to Bridgette at the beginning of the episode - you finally get some uninterrupted free time to work on your to-do list and instead you waste hours watching youtube videos, eating junk food, trying to apply the perfect cat eye, lying in bed, and stalking your rival online.

I had to laugh at the bachelorette who was wearing her tiara on top of the towel on her head.

Bridgette's Pretty Woman fantasy at the polo match with Kevin Bacon and hip hop dressage was ridiculous but still funny. The polka dot dress was a dead giveaway.

• Love 1

Bridget has a vivid imagination.

And so do the writers.  I guess it’s a respite from the struggling single mother story.

They seem to be more interested in experimenting with episodes which deviate from the main story line.

The kids playing Larry are so adorable, I love seeing him just do cute kid stuff. Bridget isnt exactly a responsible parent, but she does do well with him. 

That was certainly an interesting episode. I guessed that this was a dream/imagination sequence when the mannequins came out. Or maybe when Bridget got finger banged by Kevin Bacon. This season seems to be really into doing experimental episodes, its been very interesting. 

On a shallow note, Bridget really does have very beautiful eyes. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 1

I loved that they showed a realistic birthing process and they didn't shy away. Often on tv or in movies, the water breaks, there are a few contractions, and then poof, the baby's born! In real life, it's messy and painful and it takes more than five minutes.

I also loved when Rafi started bitching that the baby should have his last name and then Bridgette said that they would move the baby to his body and he could push it out through his penis and then he could name the baby Adolfo Gonzalez. It never ceases to amaze me when the arguments for giving a baby the father's last name are things like "the baby should have his father's last name," "I want my family name to continue on after me, " and "it would be weird if the baby didn't have my last name," yet the people who make these arguments don't seem to think they apply to giving the baby the mother's last name. I love that Bridgette and Larry have Tutu's maiden name.

• Love 4

Stormy Daniels!!! Lol. That was a great surprise.

This season sure has some weird shit going on, but I'm really enjoying the weirdness. It's kinda fascinating. She's got quite a vivid imagination, and it's such a different way of looking at the world. It's such a trip, not knowing what to expect from minute to minute. Impressive story telling.

I found it hard to watch a lot of the stories in the first season,  due to Bridgette's irresponsible and unwise choices,  over and over. It wore me down. This season is much more interesting . 

She does have beautiful eyes. And Rosie is perfect in this role.

• Love 6

I can get why people do home births, and no judgement on people that do it, but this just continues to remind me why I will never do a home birth. It just looks so painful and scary, I do not get the appeal! I did like how the whole thing went, and how the birth just went for on and on like it often does in real life. They dont just get to the hospital and pop the baby out most of the time. 

This has been an interesting season, not much plot progression, but lots of interesting one off episodes that get more into the backstory and the supporting characters and generally more experimental of how Bridget sees the world. 

• Love 1

If nothing else, she doesn't have a huge hospital bill on top of all her other financial problems.

So half way through the season, maybe it's time to get back to the present and the main story?

Last season, she thought she was going to make the WNBA.

What are her personal and the show's narrative drive?

S2.E6: Should Mothers Incur Loss Financially?

Bridgette discovers the hidden strings attached to financial assistance. Rafi and Nelson grow closer as they accept the ugly realities of their cohabitation. Tutu’s own housing is at risk with the increased involvement of Joe Jr.

Original air date: 3/3/19

Ha, I felt for Jackie when Tutu told her to fetch her a beer. First of all, Tutu just walked into the living room from the kitchen so she could have fetched her own beer while she was up. Secondly, I knew someone like that who would do similar things. It wasn't like she was in some kind of situation where she couldn't do things for herself, like she was on the roof fixing the gutters and didn't want to climb down the ladder to get her own drink or she was stuck in bed with a broken leg in traction.

Ugh, Rafi sucks. He is living in Nelson's place rent-free and then he has the nerve to complain that she isn't supportive? All she is doing is supporting your ass! And somehow she is the bad guy because he said he would be there when the plumber came to fix the shower and then he wasn't there when the plumber came?

I got so annoyed when Nelson later said that their fight was her fault .Girl, no. He hasn't been paying for anything and then he shows up at your house with a bunch of gym equipment? It's not out of line to say that if he can afford to spend money on a carful of stuff, he can afford to contribute to some of the household expenses.

Poor Tutu. It sucks that Joe Jr. is selling the house she lives in. Even if she and Joe weren't married, he could have written a simple will leaving the house to her. Or, as Tutu said, she could have asked him to put her name on the deed. Did they ever mention how long Tutu and Joe were together? Not that it matters to Joe Jr. I think he would have sold the house out of spite no matter how long they'd been together.

• Love 3
On 1/14/2019 at 11:54 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Nitpick: Tutu said that Larry's last meal was ham and noodle stars. Was she just mixing things up because she was upset or has Campell's started making crazy soups since I was a kid? I remember split pea and ham soup and I remember chicken and stars soup, but I definitely don't remember ham and stars. Heh, maybe she mixed them together!

I read that as a character-informed line, rather than the writers being confused about what soup is which.

On 1/27/2019 at 10:23 PM, scrb said:

So Bridget had daddy issues, is what they were trying to convey, which led to the need for that milk bath?

I don’t recall that being a thing in the first season.

That was definitely a thing in the first season. He molested her. She had a whole blow up fight with Tutu about it, but it came up in more than one episode. Bridget has very disordered eating and very disordered sexual behaviors. That's the locus of all Bridget's fuckedupedness.

On 1/28/2019 at 10:22 AM, scrb said:

Looks like they got rid of the son that Bridget screwed.

Pretty sure he was either about to go to college or had already gone to college and happened to be home when she did that, so it wasn't really a change for him to not be around.

14 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Ugh, Rafi sucks. He is living in Nelson's place rent-free and then he has the nerve to complain that she isn't supportive? All she is doing is supporting your ass! And somehow she is the bad guy because he said he would be there when the plumber came to fix the shower and then he wasn't there when the plumber came?

I got so annoyed when Nelson later said that their fight was her fault .

I think in the plumber situation only, they're both at fault. She knew he had stuff planned for that day. She said as much in the scene when she asked him to be there for the plumber. If she wanted him to stay home for the plumber she should've run it by him when she was scheduling it, not after it were already booked and she's about to walk out the door. 

Does he have a pretty good thing going with her paying for almost everything? Absolutely and he should appreciate that, but at the same time, it was her idea to do so.And while he's wrong that she's not supportive, he was right that she was being inconsiderate that she assumed he didn't or wouldn't have any work stuff that day. So his knee jerk reaction in the moment made sense, but then they both extrapolated to much bigger things and were both wrong.

THAT SAID: they're both idiots. He got all those gallons of water to wash her hair in the kitchen sink. A kitchen sink that has a pull down sprayer. She didn't say the water in the whole condo were messed up. Just the shower. So if the issue could be solved by washing her hair in the kitchen sink, they could've done that easily without him purchasing bottled water and the plumber delay by one day should not have been a super big deal. 

This show consistently makes me very uncomfortable, and I understand that it is intentional, but at the same time the fact that I regularly need to pause to give myself a break when these are only 30 minutes long makes me question whether I should continue watching. 

• Love 2

Bridgette's just the worst.

Obviously you need your social security number when filling out forms, it wasn't funny or cute just cringy. And I'm sure there's a leaflet or something saying what you can buy on food stamps, if you lack the common sense to realize it. 

Like I get this is a show where the characters aren't going to succeed but they don't need to make Bridgette a total loser? 

• Love 1

Her non food items came to over $200?

Maybe she's catching up for deferred purchases but still seems like a lot for 2 people unless the kid is still on diapers and needs special formula or something.

But hell, all she needs to do is keep a key and steal from Ali occasionally.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 3/3/2019 at 8:30 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Ha, I felt for Jackie when Tutu told her to fetch her a beer. First of all, Tutu just walked into the living room from the kitchen so she could have fetched her own beer while she was up. Secondly, I knew someone like that who would do similar things. It wasn't like she was in some kind of situation where she couldn't do things for herself, like she was on the roof fixing the gutters and didn't want to climb down the ladder to get her own drink or she was stuck in bed with a broken leg in traction.

I got so annoyed when Nelson later said that their fight was her fault .Girl, no. He hasn't been paying for anything and then he shows up at your house with a bunch of gym equipment? It's not out of line to say that if he can afford to spend money on a carful of stuff, he can afford to contribute to some of the household expenses.

Poor Tutu. It sucks that Joe Jr. is selling the house she lives in. Even if she and Joe weren't married, he could have written a simple will leaving the house to her. Or, as Tutu said, she could have asked him to put her name on the deed. Did they ever mention how long Tutu and Joe were together? Not that it matters to Joe Jr. I think he would have sold the house out of spite no matter how long they'd been together.

i hate when they show poor people as ignorant idiots. bridgette just realized she can get food stamps (and a number of other programs , which they would have mentioned to her) and she doesn't know you can't just buy everything you want with them? also did not like when she was laughing about free money. makes us taxpayers who make it possible for you to go on social services feel pretty pissed. rafi is living off his girlfriend and had a  lot of nerve to say she doesn't support him. she literally supports him. tutu should have known she was going to lose the house. it's not hers,  the son has every right to sell it. she should have gotten her friend to put her name on the deed, or leave the house to her or do something legally. now, she is fucked. 

• Love 2

I think Tutu assumed he had a will and that it left the house to her, and was surprised that he hadn't done anything formal. It seemed like before the funeral she had a bad relationship with the son, so if she knew he would inherit by default, she should've known he could/would sell it out from under her.

Bridget on the other hand I think is not being portrayed as stupid but just incredibly massively fucked up and impulsive and not detail oriented and almost manic a lot of the time. I mean, she even mentioned that she was college educated while she was sitting there. I don't doubt that when she signed up she was given all sorts of info about what can and cannot be purchased, and yet I'm still not surprised it didn't really sink in and in her mind "food"="anything purchased at a grocery store". It's almost like she struggled for so long so she doesn't know how not to so she makes everything more difficult for herself. She only half pays attention to anything that isn't herself or Larry. But I don't think it's a commentary on people who go on foodstamps. It's a commentary on Bridget. I mean the whole premise of the show is "look how fucked up this chick is and how she keeps fucking up even more". 

• Love 6

This is the first kind of full on "day in the life of Bridgette" episodes, so thats interesting to come back to. Bridget is something of a contradiction, in that I dont think she is stupid and and has a very interesting vivid imagination, but she also struggles so much with such basic day to day things, like adding her social security number to a work form. Some of it might be because of her many issues with her dad and what he did to her, which kind of left her in a bit of an arrested development state, or maybe its because of that, plus having a kid early, and just the general struggles of being lower class and being out of control of everything in her life.

Tutu was an ass to Bridget when she tried and failed to use food stamps, but I felt bad for her when her dead boyfriends son said he wanted to kick her out. Maybe she thought she would be in the will, that he probably didnt bother to write? 

Also, how freaking pricey were those tampons!?