Type keyword(s) to search

Queen Of The South - General Discussion

• Start Topic

What's Oksana up to? I'm thinking Teresa should not be trusting her.

George, do not buy Teresa a helicopter!

Wonder if Boaz laced that special reserve coke with something lethal? And slow-acting?

James is quite the Renaissance man. Now he's an art thief too. 🙄

Does King George not speak Spanish? Ditto comments upthread, seems like he might be a sitting duck given how unpredictable Boaz is.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/8/2021 at 4:37 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

What's Oksana up to? I'm thinking Teresa should not be trusting her.

George, do not buy Teresa a helicopter!

Wonder if Boaz laced that special reserve coke with something lethal? And slow-acting?

James is quite the Renaissance man. Now he's an art thief too. 🙄

Does King George not speak Spanish? Ditto comments upthread, seems like he might be a sitting duck given how unpredictable Boaz is.

I thought he spoke and understood Spanish too. 

Edited by toodywoody
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, toodywoody said:

I thought he spoke and understood Spanish too. 

He does, though maybe he's not completely fluent. I think George plays the fool a lot so people underestimate him, though Boaz should know that at this point.

I don’t ever remember George speaking Spanish on the show, but I just assumed all of the main characters knew Spanish. If he doesn’t, then it’s quite stupid for Teresa to send him down there. It already was since George is about as subtle as a sledgehammer, but that would be beyond dumb.

The fact that Teresa doesn’t already have someone on the ground in Miami who she trusts enough to tell her what’s going on with the operation is a problem on it’s own. 

• Love 1

Nice to see Teresa smile. Although it would be brief!

Too bad for King George (RIP) to go out like that but he showed no discretion and was scheming/snooping around at every moment with way too many people around. Lay low and blend in for a awhile. 

I got the feeling he was done when he was talking to Teresa about the boat and drinking champagne.

With 4 episodes left, no need for Boaz to be subtle anymore and just go straight to war.

All those Haitians were doing their jobs correctly and Boaz set them up just to trick George/Teresa. What was Boaz' plan? He had George tell Teresa the Haitians were adding fentanyl to the product and they were eliminated. So going forward, what would Boaz' explanation be when Teresa finds out there is still fentanyl in the product? Doesn't matter now anyway!

Was Boaz' men stuck in traffic? As bullets are flying, it was real sharp for George to ask Boaz where are they. Unreal! Should have inquired the moment you stepped out of the SUV.

I wasn't expecting both businessmen to be killed. That was savage. But I'm glad it went this way, as I couldn't stomach watching Kelly Anne come through to beat them on her own with quick legal talk/action.

Jürgen the Interpol man needs more polishing on his kick boxing technique. He just got a work out in, should be loose/ready and James wearing a cheap leather jacket still kicked his ass.

Navarro's assassin jogger couldn't run a little closer to hit Teresa? Fool ruined his element of surprise. The terrible security of James/Pote were alerted quickly.

After all James has seen Teresa go through, where did he expect her attitude and methods to go if she wants to build an empire?!!! He might as well leave if he doesn't like this direction.

Bullets are flying and that mime was still standing there in character. Now that's dedication to your craft. Only time he made sound was when he got shot!

So Teresa's colors of choice to the end will be only white and/or black outfits.

The ballet school needs to put up some blinds. too many prevs can easily stand there and watch.

I would pay money to watch Pote swim.

• Love 1

RIP King George, I figured it was coming but was actually expecting him to be poisoned with the drink at the end, oh well.  Now I am wondering if way back at the first episode, if the one who shot Teresa was James?  I get that he is not on board with the way she is going but he had his chance to get out.....

• Love 4

I feel like the show is limping to the finish line, which is unfortunate. I don’t understand why, with so few episodes left, the show is introducing European drug dealers and waterfront sellers for one episode arcs? Is there really time for this? 

Why is James giving the same sad looks and having the same concerned conversation with Teresa every episode? As much history as those 2 have, you would think they would have more to talk about! Does James know what Teresa went through while he was gone? Does she know exactly what he was doing while he was gone? Has he told her that her supplier (Castel) is a CIA asset? Why have we not gotten these conversations, but instead we repeatedly get James looking at Teresa concerned, and her looking miserable? 

And why does Pote seem like he’s doing nothing of significance this season? At this point, KellyAnne seems more important to the business than him.

I’m sad to see George go. He was always one of my favorites, but his death was so predictable. You could see it coming from a mile away. 

I do think the Boaz war with Teresa should be good. I hope we at least get some emotion from Teresa. She’s been a robot nearly all season. George’s death should hit her hard though, since it’s kind of her fault. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, TigerLily20 said:

RIP King George, I figured it was coming but was actually expecting him to be poisoned with the drink at the end, oh well.  Now I am wondering if way back at the first episode, if the one who shot Teresa was James?  I get that he is not on board with the way she is going but he had his chance to get out.....

I wonder that too. I would hate to see a Games of Thrones style ending, but its a possibility with the way it’s going.

Teresa is really in a bad spot. George is dead, KA is getting kidnapped next week, Pote will be obsessing over KA/baby, Marcel is in jail and (rightfully) hates her, and Oksana is more trouble than she’s worth. Whether James’ heart is in it or not, he better pull it together because she can’t battle Boaz with Chicho as her #2 lol. 

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Teresa is really in a bad spot. George is dead, KA is getting kidnapped next week, Pote will be obsessing over KA/baby, Marcel is in jail and (rightfully) hates her, and Oksana is more trouble than she’s worth. 

We still haven't met Kostya and who knows what Navarro is up to. Teresa may die just from exhaustion!

It sucks that King George is dead, I have always liked him, he adds a lot of life and laughs to the show, especially when it gets really serious, but it was obvious where this was going. He is a terrible spy, he doesn't have a subtle bone in his body, Theresa choosing to send him down to keep an eye on Boaz was a bad idea from the start. Is Boaz going to just declare war with Theresa, or he is going to try and cover up killing George?  

So is the Swan Lake usage symbolic of Theresa going from white swan to black swan, getting to a darker and darker place? She was definitely playing hard ball this week, killing both businessmen and threatening the daughter of the hitman, even if she didn't actually do anything to her. I am guessing that this show goes full blood bath in the backend of the season, with Theresa losing everyone in her inner circle until she becomes more and more detached from her morals and empathy and fully embraces the Queenpin. 

Holy crap, so much is happening, did the show not know that this would be the last season? They are throwing so much new stuff and characters at us, when I really wish they would focus on tying up the loose ends we already have. 

• Love 4

I'm surprised Teresa was willing to meet out in the open like that. They had to know she'd be a sitting duck for a potential attack.

Selling a property without the roadway to access is one if the oldest tricks in the book. Kelly Anne failed hard on doing her due diligence.

George must have had ice water in his veins. Nutbag Boaz was practically spinning him in circles. I'd already thought that takedown of the Haitians was a ruse, but with Boaz hoping George would be caught in the crossfire and end up dead. Then his hands would be clean as far as Teresa was concerned.

James has really been earning his pay lately. His heart just doesn't seem to be in it anymore though. Teresa keeps disappointing him more and more.

Did those dirty property developers not know who they were dealing with? Boy did they make a wrong turn, lol.

Oy, it was indeed a set up. Poor George. Adios, my guy. You had a good, long run.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Holy crap, so much is happening, did the show not know that this would be the last season? They are throwing so much new stuff and characters at us, when I really wish they would focus on tying up the loose ends we already have. 

Right! Of the 3 arcs in this episode (Europe, Waterfront/KellyAnne, Boaz/George), 2 of them involved new characters that I’m guessing we won’t see again - definitely not in the case of the waterfront sellers, who were introduced and killed in the same episode. With so many loose ends already, it seems odd to waste time like that.

15 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Selling a property without the roadway to access is one if the oldest tricks in the book. Kelly Anne failed hard on doing her due diligence.

Yes. KellyAnne should be fired for that. Ensuring that there is access in and out of a property (any property) is basic due diligence.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Jess14 said:
16 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yes. KellyAnne should be fired for that. Ensuring that there is access in and out of a property (any property) is basic due diligence.

Well, you know how those pregnancy hormones mess with the brain. *rme*

• LOL 1
(edited)

By car, Boaz travelled from Miami to New Orleans in 15 minutes.

That was some element of surprise from Boaz. I thought he would be with the team that hit Teresa and get her before she could enter her compound??!!!! Where was he during that time? Just smoking and drinking?

Teresa's SUV is not bullet proof and somehow all those fools couldn't fill it with bullets. Somewhere Sonny Corleone has a middle finger to this scene.

Boaz took out Taza in Phoenix before he can make sure Teresa is finished first? 

And now already to plan B for Boaz. Use Kelly Anne as bait!

Pote was so so slow getting to the room, those guys had enough time to tie up/duct tape the nurses, kill the doctor/nurse, get a check up, and get Kelly Anne out of the hospital (with no police interference). Pote should reconsider to quit smoking effective immediately.

Once Kelly Anne and Pote started with the "I love you", I thought one or both were done this episode. Maybe next week.

Stupid Reggie! Going to meet Marcel on his turf and turned your back to him after making a threat. Next time........my fault, there won't be a next time.

What led to the charges being dropped for Marcel to be released?

No need for any blood to be shed! Teresa and Boaz should just have a contest of who can finish a tray of coke first. Winner takes all.

Welcome back Teresa's conscience!

Cashew Cheese? What?

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 5
(edited)

This was a better episode than last week.

Boaz isn’t going to win, but he’s crazy enough and knows enough about Teresa and Teresa’s operation to be a legitimate threat.

Teresa held a big event at her safe house? She and KellyAnne have apparently haven’t heard about renting out a venue….

At this point, Pote needs to retire. He is off his game between turning his phone off and walking outside with no backup. I’m also over the Pote and KellyAnne pregnancy story. I didn’t like it to begin with, but those scenes dragged and the humor isn’t hitting for me like it should. I would’ve preferred more Teresa scenes.

Does the show have any black writers? I thought it was a bit unrealistic that all of these black men would be pushing Marcel—who got sent to prison (even if only temporarily) for a crime he didn’t commit by Teresa— to work with her again, or that they even would be jumping to work with her again. She’s not the only person who can supply cocaine. 

Nice knowing you Taza. 

Not sure what the Castel thing is about, but it does seem like it’s common sense for Teresa to make sure she’ll have enough supply before making new deals that require the doubling of her shipment. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

I don't feel bad for Teresa because she should have killed Boaz 3 Boaz-incidents ago. He's shown time and time again that he can't be trusted, he's desperate to be the top boss, and that he's a psycho. Why is he still around?

• Love 4

Kelly Anne and Pote being all "I love you" and talking about the baby makes me very much feel like they only have so much time left. I think we have seen Pote in the flashforwards so I am guessing Kelly Anne and the baby are doomed. Teresa is already rocking her queenpin wardrobe so this whole mess could be the thing that really pushes her over the edge. 

I do like that, back when Teresa was just a normal girlfriend to a drug runner who rocked a lot of flannel she saw visions of her future self, while now that she has risen up in the world so much, she sees visions of her past self. Its decently interesting, although it must be tiring for Teresa to be getting constant lectures from herself in really dramatic moments. 

Thanks Marcel for the title drop! I have always found Boaz to be an entertaining character so I was fine with Teresa not killing him, but she really should have dealt with him ages ago. This is been inevitable for awhile now, he's too much of a wildcard. 

• Love 2

This past episode is the most personality we've gotten out of Pote.... and I loved it.

The scene of Pote and the doctor discussing food for Kelly Anne was hilarious. "Cashew que?" cracked me up so much. "and if she has a craving for one of my ceviches?"

I re-watched and forgot a few things…

James telling Teresa that she is finally legit. Did I miss something or is she not still running a massive drug cartel and actively trying to expand. So, no James, she’s not there yet! 

I had also forgotten that Kelly Anne really thought Dumas was going to come to the party….Like, she really thought he was gonna leave prison, throw on a suit, and then head over to the party to celebrate Teresa! I swear….sometime they portray her as super smart and perceptive, and other times, she seems like a complete idiot. 

Also, I may be alone but I hated that big slit/gap in the back of Teresa’s blazer. I much preferred her white pantsuit in the previous episode when they killed the waterfront guys. 

• Love 1

Looks like Dumas did not have an excellent time in prison. He's rather emo now, crying and carrying on.

Wow, I thought that guy who was Boaz's childhood buddy from Mexico was a dead ringer for Benicio del Toro, though maybe 10 years younger.

Oop, Dumas decided there is not going to be a next time, Reggie. But wow, that moment hit Dumas hard. Filling a guy with bullet holes just isn't fun for him any more. 😒

Boaz, you have crossed the line kidnapping a pregnant woman right off the examination table. Pote is going to kill you so hard you'll die from it.

James telling Teresa that she is finally legit. Did I miss something or is she not still running a massive drug cartel and actively trying to expand. So, no James, she’s not there yet! 

I think he meant she is now legit in the eyes of the local movers and shakers. She can throw big, fancy parties in her waterfront mansion, make big donations to the right charities, and get the important people to sing her praises in public. As we saw in this episode though, it all falls apart easily if she loses access to her supply of product or markets to sell in.

Not a fan of the "X hours earlier" trope and you see the main characters over an unknown dead body. So the rest of the episode, we know they will survive any danger. It's just waiting to see if it's Kelly Anne under the sheet. But no one cares about Oksana. Good riddance!

Teresa had that "how dare you come to my house with your poison and die on my just cleaned floor" look.

Last episode, I thought James shouldn't let Pote drive in his mental state. And this week, there is Pote flying down the highway like a lunatic. It was funny we see Pote speeding/weaving as if he knew where he was going and later he asks James "where to?". His reckless driving, I see that almost everyday on my commute.

James' team can hit Osvaldo's two goons and Boaz' 5 plus men standing guard from a far distance with ease but they refuse to pull the triggers on Boaz and others as he was standing still chatting with Teresa. Could have been an easy take out and Kelly Anne saved.

Teresa must be one with the speed force. One second she's standing out in the open, holding a grenade and next as bullets start flying, she safely ducking behind the barrier.

Just how long was Devon willing to wait at Teresa's bar for her to arrive? If Teresa had surrendered to Boaz, what was plan B for Devon?

As If Teresa needed any more headaches/worries on her plate, here comes Devon with a request for her to kill Kostya.

The man lying in the back seat was really dead, Pote's screaming brought him back to life (just to be used later as target practice) and for some reason he told Pote the truth.

Kelly Anne and baby survived that crash?? She was choking that dude before impact but only he flew in to the trees and she walks out of the burning flipped over car unscathed. Teresa's magic has definitely rubbed off on her this week.

I was really hoping Boaz died tonight. 

• Love 3

So, we’re finally seeing this Kostya dude….with 2 episodes to go. And Devon is back. And Boaz is still a nut and at war with Teresa. Goodness! There’s a lot to cover in 2 episodes. 

I still find the show to be a fun and easy watch, but I feel like the earlier seasons (1-3) did a much better job of having a coherent story with a villain or 2 that could easily be wrapped up in the end. This season and the last have a feel of throwing everything (new characters, new plot, etc) at the wall to fill up the hour.

I knew from reading the episode descriptions (which I’m surprised are so revealing) that KellyAnne would survive, so the kidnapping scenes didn’t move me as much as they would have otherwise, but I’m glad she made it out. 

Teresa just saying out of the blue…”we’re getting out of the business.” Huh? When was this decision made? Maybe would’ve been nice to see her come to and talk about that decision.  She was all in for Europe 2 episodes ago.

6 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Not a fan of the "X hours earlier" trope and you see the main characters over an unknown dead body. So the rest of the episode, we know they will survive any danger. It's just waiting to see if it's Kelly Anne under the sheet. But no one cares about Oksana. Good riddance!

I don’t get the “x hours earlier thing” either. I’ve never understood why this show seems to like that storytelling technique…

• Love 1

Did Boaz not know about James, or was he just overconfident?

How could Devon have guaranteed crazya$$ Boaz wouldn't have killed Kelly Anne out of spite? And what if Teresa and her gang had succeeded in getting KA away from Boaz to begin with? Then what leverage was Devon going to use? Bringing Devon back made not a lot of sense to me. Since when does the CIA have to outsource their killings to civilians? (JFK assassination notwithstanding. 😉)

OMG, poor Pote must've been out of his mind not knowing where KA was or what was happening to her. I may have finally accepted that Kelly Anne wasn't working undercover for somebody against Teresa.

Teresa was sure putting a lot of faith in Oksana to no avail. This mystery person Kostya has turned out to be quite a monster.

Teresa just saying out of the blue…”we’re getting out of the business.” Huh? When was this decision made? Maybe would’ve been nice to see her come to and talk about that decision.

I don't think she really was going to do it. IMO Teresa was positioning Oksana to take out Kostya for her, at which point she probably would've revealed she wasn't serious about retiring. Oksana seemed kind of in over her head anyway to me. But alas, Kostya headed off Teresa's plan.

• Love 1

Since when does the CIA have to outsource their killings to civilians?

When it wants plausible deniability, most likely.

I don't think [Teresa] really was going to [get out of the business].

I don't know. I think having to sell out Marcel to save her own skin and his refusal to work with her again was a huge blow, despite it being sort of obvious (to me, at least) he wouldn't just say "bygones!" More and more she's had to resort of violence to get her way, and I think she's getting soul-sick. As James said, they have more money than they can launder, and if she's after more power, does she want the responsibility that comes with it?

That said, I don't think Teresa can just hand over the business to someone and live a life of quiet retirement. Her rivals are going to be ever suspicious that she wants to get back in the game—or that she never really got out.

17 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I don't think she really was going to do it. IMO Teresa was positioning Oksana to take out Kostya for her, at which point she probably would've revealed she wasn't serious about retiring. Oksana seemed kind of in over her head anyway to me. But alas, Kostya headed off Teresa's plan.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't know. I think having to sell out Marcel to save her own skin and his refusal to work with her again was a huge blow, despite it being sort of obvious (to me, at least) he wouldn't just say "bygones!" More and more she's had to resort of violence to get her way, and I think she's getting soul-sick. As James said, they have more money than they can launder, and if she's after more power, does she want the responsibility that comes with it?

I think both of these things can be true, but that’s my main issue with the scene not being onscreen. I really have no idea if Teresa was serious about getting out of the business or not. The plan (real or fake) all went to hell anyway with Oksana’s death, but it would’ve been nice to get some insight into Teresa’s head. 

• Love 2

I admit I am a bit surprised that Kelly Ann and the baby survived, I thought that they would get offed at the last possible minute to drive Pote into a murderous rage and all that, but instead Theresa sent them away so as not to further endanger their unborn child. I guess it serves the same purpose though, it continues to isolate Theresa from people that she is close with. 

So we finally meet this mysterious Kostya, while also dealing with Boaz running amok, the CIA sniffing around outsourcing their murders, the baggage from everything in New Orleans, Theresa's contacts in Europe, somehow getting to the point where we can catch up with the flashforward in the first episode, there is a fucking LOT of ground to cover so quickly. 

• Love 2

I am starting lean that Teresa's not dead. It's probably a ruse to trick Devon/CIA. Also, there's unfinished business with Boaz that only she should handle.

If she's really dead, I'll give the writers credit for going that route.

All that build up about Kostya being the devil, untouchable and he gets taken out so easily. Fool just accepts a drink from Teresa using her glasses?!!! Good Riddance!

The show made sure to save their biggest WTF by having Pote show up out of nowhere, start shooting, save Teresa and made sure his bullet proof vest was on. I guess Pote didn't believe in Chicho's abilities to protect Teresa and decided to get to NYC fast. After all that "family" talk earlier, Pote just decides to go to Belize and leave Kelly Anne alone?

What's with the instantaneous travel??! Pote travelled from Arkansas (?) to Brooklyn in 5 minutes. In a semi truck, Boaz one upped Pote to travel from down South to Brooklyn in 3 minutes.

Such a nice pep talk from Domingo to his troops and the team never made it to the field to play.

Teresa! Make up your mind with James. He gets kicked to the curb a few episodes back and now they are hoping into bed. Maybe she felt she was going to die on the mission to kill Kostya and though "might as well get one last out of her system".

And Samara just drops everything and joins Teresa's group because......?? I guess the writers needed someone to be the girl walking behind Teresa in the pilot episode? They didn't bother update the footage and ran the same from the pilot episode.

Pote and KellyAnne would be a funny spinoff, hiding out with all their guns in that neighborhood. A wackier version of "I Love Lucy".

Such a nice neighbor Heidi. No way I'm letting anyone go in to my home to the fridge unsupervised. All the beer is in a cooler outside where I can see everyone.

It would have been funny if Kelly Anne left the front door open and a few raccoons ran into their house while she and Pote were talking outside.

• Love 3

I don’t believe Teresa is dead. If this had happened in the actual finale, I would believe it, but not in the episode before the finale. I also think the show has been dropping little clues all along that the endgame was an escape plan. If the show ends next week with Teresa dead from that shot, I will be shocked. 

Teresa actually held out longer than I thought she would with James, but I think she really thought her hours may be numbered, so what the hell - may as well get some while you can!

I figured that as soon as I saw that “S” in the TV14 ratings that it would be James and Teresa having sex. There is another couple on the show, so I shouldn’t have been convinced, but Pote and KellyAnne bring the comedy, not the sexiness (which is probably why they don’t interest me as a couple, although both are favorites of mine on their own). 

I loved Pote coming in blasting, but the whole storyline with Kostya felt really rushed. I thought he was so hard to reach and only communicated through intermediaries, but Boaz seemed to reach him quick…Also, I don’t buy that Kostya’s men wouldn’t have shot Teresa as soon as blood starting coming out of his nose.

I’m guessing Devon and Boaz don’t survive next week and maybe Chicho, but I wouldn’t be surprised if all 4 of Teresa, Pote, James, and KellyAnne live. I kind of feel like they would have killed them already if they were going to, but we’ll see. If one of them dies, I think it will be James (definitely if he actually killed Teresa,  I think he’ll die, but again, I think that was part of a plan).

• Love 3
6 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Such a nice neighbor Heidi. No way I'm letting anyone go in to my home to the fridge unsupervised. All the beer is in a cooler outside where I can see everyone.

Yeah, that was kind of ridiculous. I guess there may be people who may be gullible enough to do that, but I don’t know anyone, who lets neighbors who just moved in, roam around the house alone. 

I wonder if there is an underlying story to the neighbors and they will play a role in the finale. If not, I’m surprised by how much time they spent on them in the second to last episode of the series. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Sorry, I'm just not buying the CIA using Teresa to kill a Russian spy operating as a diplomat.

So Pote and Kelly Anne are in Little Rock. That's another intersection with Snowfall.

Trash panda. Yuck. The neighbor guy probably planted it to smoke out Pote. He likely wasn't ready for KA to come out of the house locked and loaded though.

Pote: Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in!

Oh sure now that Teresa thinks she's about to go on a suicide mission she lets James in for one last ride.

They trust Oksana's daughter just like that? How odd to introduce her so late in the game.

On reddit there's a theory that James actually shot Oksana's daughter who was made up to resemble Teresa. If so, it was kinda sad to use her as a sacrificial lamb, assuming she didn't volunteer.

I'm worried about Kelly Anne still being back in AR without Pote. I don't trust the neighbor guy and think he's working for somebody against Teresa and her crew. Sure hope Pote has someone guarding the house.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 2

Pote in suburbia was hilarious. I love the idea of him coaching a girls peewee soccer league. 

Are Pote and Kelly Ann married? She was wearing a band on her left ring finger.

Teresa being miffed that Devin and the CIA are the biggest gangsters in the world was a bit rich. James's attitude toward Devin was similarly laughable. When you're that big, you either play with or against governments.

I'm not sure if Teresa is dead or alive. Nice job, show.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Pote in suburbia was hilarious. I love the idea of him coaching a girls peewee soccer league. 

Are Pote and Kelly Ann married? She was wearing a band on her left ring finger.

I assumed either she is wearing it for show since they introduced themselves as Mr. + Mrs. or they had a quick ceremony before they left.  She said they had new identities, although I did laugh at his being Pete......because that's so far from Pote.......

• Love 2

I loved Pote and Kelly Anne playing house. It reminded me of that movie where the neighbors are spies, Keeping Up with the Joneses. 

If they killed off Teresa I will be surprised. If James really did it, I will also be surprised. Put me on the side that it's all for show and someone else got killed so she could be dead and walk away from the business.  Her and James both, since it will be another life and they could be together. 

Can Boaz just be put down already. How much shit is he going to ruin?

• Love 3

I think it's really Teresa but I think it's a fake death.  Somehow.  Maybe by bribing some officials. 

Pote and Kelly in suburbia did seem like a spinoff. 

6 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I don't trust the neighbor guy and think he's working for somebody against Teresa and her crew.

If that happens, I'll be irritated.  The neighbors have been there before Pote and Kelly Anne moved in. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Pote’s voicemail message to KA was really weird. He uses her real name and flat out says that he is going to Belize and will come for her later….And this is after she just got abducted and after he talked about how careful they need to be?

I’m assuming that he’s in on the fake death plan (which is what I think it is), and purposely wanted to mention Belize, or that’s just a really big lapse.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Irlandesa said:
17 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I don't trust the neighbor guy and think he's working for somebody against Teresa and her crew.

If that happens, I'll be irritated.  The neighbors have been there before Pote and Kelly Anne moved in. 

Same. That will way too coincidental.

6 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Pote’s voicemail message to KA was really weird. He uses her real name and flat out says that he is going to Belize and will come for her later….And this is after she just got abducted and after he talked about how careful they need to be?

I’m assuming that he’s in on the fake death plan (which is what I think it is), and purposely wanted to mention Belize, or that’s just a really big lapse.

I thought it was a little strange Pote used KA's real name, but then it was her cell phone, and it's not as if a neighbor is going to randomly start trying to listen to her voicemails. If Pote didn't use his Pete phone, though, that would be stupid.

I don't think we're supposed to think too much about that, heh.

The more I think about James shooting Teresa, the more I think it's a fakeout. She really wants to get out, and the only way to do that is to convince the world she's dead. As long as she doesn't settle somewhere people know her, she should be okay.

• Love 2
(edited)
34 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Same. That will way too coincidental.

I thought it was a little strange Pote used KA's real name, but then it was her cell phone, and it's not as if a neighbor is going to randomly start trying to listen to her voicemails. If Pote didn't use his Pete phone, though, that would be stupid.

I don't think we're supposed to think too much about that, heh.

The more I think about James shooting Teresa, the more I think it's a fakeout. She really wants to get out, and the only way to do that is to convince the world she's dead. As long as she doesn't settle somewhere people know her, she should be okay.

Yeah, that may be it - just one of those things that were not supposed to think through lol. 

Regarding the neighbors, the only way that it would make sense for them to be bad would be  for someone in Teresa’s org to be undercover and have purposely placed Pote/KA next door. Chicho maybe? He seems to always be around, and his call to Pote could’ve been a way to get his away from KA. However, there is only one episode left, and they still have a lot to unravel in 45-ish minutes, so I can’t see them throwing that in there too. ETA: Of course, they spent a decent portion of the last episode on those neighbors, so maybe they will throw that in there lol.

I would be more likely to believe that Teresa was actually dead if anyone besides James (other than Pote, of course) was the shooter. It would’ve even been a stretch earlier in the season, but they could’ve tried the Game of Thrones type ending when Teresa was on her power trip. But now? Doesn’t make sense. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Of course, they spent a decent portion of the last episode on those neighbors, so maybe they will throw that in there lol.

I wonder if we got a lot of the neighbor stuff to show that KA can adapt but Pote will always be something of a fish out of water. It was all pretty obvious—when has Pote ever not been in soldier mode?—but there was the fun of watching Pote play soccer with the kids.

• Love 4
(edited)

Add me to everyone totally down for a "Kelly Ann and Pote in suburbia" spin-off, that would be pretty great. I would love to watch Pote coaching a kids soccer team while also fending off bad guys trying to find him and KA on the side. That sounds like an awesome show. 

I am also among everyone thinking that Theresa and James faked her own death so that she can get away, and I am a bit mixed on how I like that. I don't want Theresa to die, but Theresa getting shot in the pilot was such a hard punch that has been hanging over the show ever since, adding a sense of classic Greek tragedy to the whole show. Having it all be a big series long fake out cheapens that. Although I could see them going either way and it working. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 5

I'm sorry, but no Russian will ever call their kid Samara. I know Americans can call their children Dallas, but it sounds so damn stupid in Russian (Samara is a big city and you simply don't name kids after cities in Russian). 

Still, I give the show kudos for having Kostya talk in unaccented Russian. Doesn't happen that often on US TV.

After the lackluster last season, I'm surprisingly invested in this one, even if things aren't happening as I would prefer them to happen—but we'll see.

• Love 1

I didn’t love the episode itself. I would’ve liked to have seen more Teresa, since it’s her show, and I never bought that she was dead in the first place. However, I’m a sucker for happy endings, so I’m satisfied. Those last 5 minutes were a beautiful send-off, and I’m glad that the core four all made it out alive and happy. 

• Love 2

Yeah.  There was zero suspense that Teresa would be alive in my mind.  And the "here's how we did it" stuff is predictable and done before.  That's not to say I don't enjoy that particular twist but I don't think they needed to be specific with all the flashbacks of how it happened. 

Otherwise, it was an okay episode.  The best episode of the season which isn't saying much because I felt this season was rather disappointing overall. I don't think I could tell you what happened if I were asked to summarize this season.

In fact, it might be an unpopular opinion but I think the show lost something once Camila/Veronica Falcon left.  I kind of hoped we'd get an update on her.

A good final episode! For a while, I thought maybe writers did pull it off and killed Teresa. Silly me!

I'm happy they all made it through. But seriously! Neighbor Mike had to die with baby #3 on the way!??!!! Poor Heidi.

Too bad Devon lived. Didn't understand why he let Boaz go on for so long after he killed his man.

With Teresa's master plan, she must have sprinkled some serious "series finale special magic dust" on Pote, Chicho, James and Dumas. The many bullets sent to hit them didn't have a chance! Pote is lucky he wasn't sent back to Mexico (I don't think he's a US citizen) and Devon put him in solitary confinement to avoid the hitman. James is fortunate the sniper is a poor shooter and the car bomb didn't go off.

Police gets a call for 2 car jackers, they arrest Pote and they didn't bother go look for Chicho?! Who was bold enough to show his face to see Pote in prison not knowing if there was a description of him from the car owner.

I liked Kelly Anne gets a call from Pote to run and she has time time change in her black out fit with matching cap. Must be stylish at all times in escape.

Did Kelly Anne have a bug on her that these guys knew where she was?

Since when does Boaz have a code to accept a challenge? His death was satisfying! His soldier must have had solid intel Boaz is not in fighting shape to make that suggestion.

Pote slimmed down after 47 months??? Don't try to trick me writers!

For a minute Lena didn't look convinced Pote is her father. She looked ready to request a blood test.

When James walked out to see Pote, for a moment I thought he and KellyAnne must have had a relationship while Pote was away. Then Teresa walked out and I was relieved that didn't happen. So in 4 years, James and Teresa didn't take the relationship to the next level (no kids or marriage) and Teresa managed to stay far away from any illegal activity.

What was Samara needed for if the cop was in on the plot?

• Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

In fact, it might be an unpopular opinion but I think the show lost something once Camila/Veronica Falcon left.  I kind of hoped we'd get an update on her.

I think there is a noticeable difference between the first 3 seasons and the last 2. I binged the show, and I was addicted the first 3 seasons. Sure, there were still plot holes and inconsistencies, but it was easy snd fun to watch. I’ve never consumed 39 episodes of a show so quickly. The fourth season though….it took me a good minute to get through. And this 5th season is more in line with that one, IMO.

At the time I wasn’t sure if it was because 2 main characters (Camila and James) left at once and were replaced by what felt like a million new characters, who were all basically introduced at once, or because the new villains sucked and weren’t at the level of Cortez/Camila or because the story was less coherent, or because Teresa was just more interesting when she was trying to survive and get to the top. I’m still not sure, but I definitely agree that the show lost a step after season 3 when Camila was written out.

Back to the finale….I thought Pote and KellyAnne’s daughter was adorable, but she looked like she was 6, not 3 or 4 lol. 

I’m willing to overlook this plot hole because I liked the ending twist, but it seemed like the whole plan hinged on Devon asking James to kill Teresa, and there doesn’t seem to be any reason why Devon would do that. There are other assassins who have no connection to or feelings for Teresa. Why not ask them to kill her and James?

They shouldn’t have killed the poor neighbor. That seemed unnecessarily cruel.

Poor Chicho got left out of the family, but I’m glad he and Marcel are in business. I could actually be tempted to watch a Marcel spinoff, as I think the actor is excellent.

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 3