Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E20: Rachael and Vance

3 kids...3 different fathers at 24... and now she wants to meet a criminal?  I crown Rachel the Queen of bad decisions 

Rachel also acted BIZZARELY (no eye contact 👀) when Vance the jobless perp showed up at the park 

Edited by DNR
Word
  • Love 8
21 minutes ago, DNR said:

3 kids...3 different fathers at 24... and now she wants to meet a criminal?  I crown Rachel the Queen of bad decisions 

Rachel also acted BIZZARELY (no eye contact 👀) when Vance the jobless perp showed up at the park 

She was sexually molested at age 9-10. I’m cutting her a little slack regarding the different baby daddies. She has NO idea what a normal, loving relationship is. The no eye contact thing WAS bizarre!!

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

I was shocked Rachael wanted to meet a guy with a criminal record, since she has kids. Then hanging all over him telling him she loved him. Thankfully she finally saw the light. She’s had a tough life, sounds like.

At least she came to her senses !!! 

** Why didn’t my DVR record the Catfish with Max & guest host ? Was that an old episode ?  I don’t recall the few seconds i caught

• Love 1

WTF is wrong with these young girls. Cranking out kids like a xerox copy machine. You'd think they'd wise up after the first 'oops'. Plus who knows anything about these people and the stories they tell.

That Kamie lady, whoever she is, is very pretty though, lol

Edited by 100Proof

WTF????? She has a 5 week old baby, she can't even have sex yet & there she is on Catfish. I still don't understand what was wrong with the guy, was he just a useless human?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GaT said:

WTF????? She has a 5 week old baby, she can't even have sex yet & there she is on Catfish. I still don't understand what was wrong with the guy, was he just a useless human?

He’s a common criminal. Lied to her repeatedly. When he talked about not having an ID to fly, and needed them to send money to his friend to get an ID for him, I cannot BELIEVE production went along with this. Maybe they were hoping he’d go all apeshit crazy on her, on camera.

He disappeared from earth, and that’s a good thing for Rachael.

I could see the glee in Nev’s eye once they discovered he had a criminal record. I like the co-host, they should keep her so we never have to see Mrs Nev again.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

I like the co-host, they should keep her so we never have to see Mrs Nev again.

Yes, I liked her too, she's got a good "no bullshit" attitude, & she was smart about searching.

• Love 8

I have two kids. When each was five weeks old, I was still in pajamas 24/7, sleeplessly plodding around the house all glassy eyed and disoriented between feedings and diaper changes. At least 22 of those 24 hours in a day, I had a baby attached to my body. My hormones were still crazy, and I was too exhausted to function. I could barely pay attention to the episode content because I never got past the fact that she was doing all that five weeks after giving birth!

• Love 3
10 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

I was shocked Rachael wanted to meet a guy with a criminal record, since she has kids.

"Criminal" covers a lot of territory, so I can see how she might not want to jump to any conclusions, and she might have been putting some trust in the producers. Reality shows have been more careful since Megan Wants a Millionaire got yanked after failing to properly check out someone.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

She was sexually molested at age 9-10. I’m cutting her a little slack regarding the different baby daddies. She has NO idea what a normal, loving relationship is. The no eye contact thing WAS bizarre!!

12 hours ago, 100Proof said:

WTF is wrong with these young girls. Cranking out kids like a xerox copy machine. You'd think they'd wise up after the first 'oops'. Plus who knows anything about these people and the stories they tell.

That Kamie lady, whoever she is, is very pretty though, lol

She probably had all those kids because they give her love and hope for the future. Not rational, but pretty common unfortunately. Traumatized brains make poor decisions. I wish they'd pushed her towards therapy instead of meeting the sketchy dude.

Kamie did urge her to be hesitant but then made a sad face in the follow up call when she heard it didn't work out. The only healthy thing Vance did was ghost!

• Love 1
On 12/6/2018 at 12:56 AM, cooksdelight said:

He’s a common criminal. Lied to her repeatedly. When he talked about not having an ID to fly, and needed them to send money to his friend to get an ID for him, I cannot BELIEVE production went along with this. Maybe they were hoping he’d go all apeshit crazy on her, on camera.

He disappeared from earth, and that’s a good thing for Rachael.

When they asked him if he'd spent time in a detention facility and he simply said no, that must have been someone else, they just took his word for it. I mean, really? I hope that production had already verified the truth of this, because otherwise it was beyond irresponsible to bring this guy to her hometown. I still don't understand why he doesn't have any ID. I mean, why not? I wondered if the friend was actually Vance and that's why he needed the money sent to a different name (his real name, perhaps). It definitely felt like there was a lot of information swept under the rug. I was horrified that Nev and Kamie kept encouraging her to act more excited and huggy with the guy when there were still so many unanswered questions. Here's a girl who's clearly made some poor choices in her life, and she's finally showing appropriate restraint and they encourage her to go for it. Nev is such a loser.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, ForReal said:

When they asked him if he'd spent time in a detention facility and he simply said no, that must have been someone else, they just took his word for it. I mean, really? I hope that production had already verified the truth of this, because otherwise it was beyond irresponsible to bring this guy to her hometown. I still don't understand why he doesn't have any ID. I mean, why not? I wondered if the friend was actually Vance and that's why he needed the money sent to a different name (his real name, perhaps). It definitely felt like there was a lot of information swept under the rug. I was horrified that Nev and Kamie kept encouraging her to act more excited and huggy with the guy when there were still so many unanswered questions. Here's a girl who's clearly made some poor choices in her life, and she's finally showing appropriate restraint and they encourage her to go for it. Nev is such a loser.

Couldn’t agree more.

Even if you don’t drive, you can get an ID from the DMV. And the guy obviously spent time in jail, it was on his record!!! And that 6-month gap when she didn’t hear from him sort of verified that. 

All of the reality shows are pushing the limit nowadays. Somebody’s going to wind up getting murdered.

• Love 3

If this girl had any sense, she'd be asking the producers if they could provide a background check on this guy.  He's been incarcerated.  The whole no ID is such BS.  You go into the BMV and can get an official state ID card.  I did it with my 90+ year old mother, who decided not to renew her driver's license.  She had to present some form of ID (her old license worked), but anything else would work. 

If I'd ever meet anyone online, first thing I'd do before it got even slightly serious would be to do a background check.  Even if you didn't have the money to get it from one of the many online companies, you can still do a lot of snooping for free.  Most of the 'victims' don't even do a simple internet search.

• Love 1

I can tell many of you have never worked with truly poor individuals. To get a state issued id, you have to have a birth certificate and social security card. You also have to have proof of residency if you live in my state (and many others). If you're a couch surfer, you don't have any of this. Proof of residency is a bill in your name for a specific address. Sure you can go to the local SS office and get your SS card... if you have your birth certificate. Some adults don't even know what county/state they were born in so they can even GET a card because their parents were so transient or are now just gone. Things many of us take for granted just aren't true for lots of people. That's why many people fight hte whole "you must have ID to vote." I'm an attorney and have worked with a lower class population many times and you'd be surprised at what we take for granted that they just don't have and don't even know how to get sometimes. Even if you HAVE all those documents, you have to have money to get the card, and you have to have a way to get to your local DMV office. 

With all that said, Vance is shady. Now an internet search for criminal history often shows things that aren't true (why don't they do paid searches, I don't get that). So I might give him a pass there but the truth is by his own admission he is homeless and jobless. I don't count cash jobs off Craigslist when I'm thinking of what job my significant other holds. Rachel NEEDS to be alone for a bit and focus on herself and her kids. Bless the sister who seems to be helping out a whole lot. Get yourself right first Rachel then worry about finding your next man. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

She had to present some form of ID (her old license worked), but anything else would work. 

Not all forms of ID are the same. An old license works because it shows you already proved your identity to the same extent.

2 hours ago, queenbee24 said:

To get a state issued id, you have to have a birth certificate and social security card. You also have to have proof of residency if you live in my state (and many others).

There are alternatives to a social security card, like a W2 or pay stub. A pay stub will work for residency too, but it's easy to sign up for a credit card so that you'll have a bill to show. Numerous web sites are happy to help with a birth certificate.

• Love 1

Vance definitely has some sort of ID. You can't travel on a plane without one.

I think Rachel's behavior during the meet-up had to do with her fear that her fantasy life with this guy was about to crumble. Truth can be hard to face. But his "truth" revealed that he's essentially a loser and/or lying about many things. None of that seemed to phase her though. I think she even made some comment about their talks of living together! Girl. 

But I'm glad it didn't work out. I really hope she learned a few things.

• Love 1