Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E07: So Long, Division

Grace unintentionally meets Noah's daughter Katie; Will's mom Marilyn visits after the death of her beloved dog, but doesn't get the emotional support she expects; Jack argues with his rec center boss, Theo.

Air date: November 29, 2018

The whole thing with Grace and Noah just feels forced and inorganic. Stunt casting at its worst. The thing with Jack and everyone else arguing about who is the most oppressed was stupid too. I did sort of like the story with Marilyn and Will though. Cutest. Puppy. Ever.

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

The whole thing with Grace and Noah just feels forced and inorganic. Stunt casting at its worst. The thing with Jack and everyone else arguing about who is the most oppressed was stupid too. I did sort of like the story with Marilyn and Will though. Cutest. Puppy. Ever.

That's what social media is nowadays. It's called the Oppression Olympics and it's super annoying. Rather than fighting each other for who gets to feel entitled to feel the worst, we should be supporting each other.

David Schwimmer was brought on to pander to Friends nostalgia. He and Debra Messing have about as much chemistry as two bags of cement. Both Noah and Grace seem to only have one setting of indignant irritation vs. emotional constipation, so it's not surprising they're having trouble portraying people falling in love believably. We never see them flirting or in bed together or making out. All of their scenes are arguing or yelling, and the actors look like they barely want to touch lips when they kiss. There's just no warmth or spark. Making Noah a gruff/aloof guy doesn't mean he can't have feelings. Like I said earlier, it's basically the fanservice crossover of "What if Grace dated Ross after he was embittered and emotionally destroyed by divorcing Rachel?"

When will Will get a love interest again?????  

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Yeah. Sorry, not sorry, that I'm mostly only interested in that. (Big Eric McC fanstan. No apologies)  Grace and Noah are boring and sorry but it would be a deal breaker if someone didn't tell me they had a kid and we'd been dating for two months. Not wanting me to meet them is one thing but not telling and not giving me a choice if I wanted to date someone with a child? No.

I thought the Jack thing was funny. When it went to commercial my husband and I were like, where is the woman? The Asian man? And then my husband was like what about the elderly? They're totally overlooked! Then they came back and the room was full and everybody acting like they couldn't hear the old woman. It cracked us up.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, festivus said:

I thought the Jack thing was funny. When it went to commercial my husband and I were like, where is the woman? The Asian man? And then my husband was like what about the elderly? They're totally overlooked! Then they came back and the room was full and everybody acting like they couldn't hear the old woman. It cracked us up.

I'll cop to finding it funny as well.  It was stupid but it worked for me. 

I covet Noah's apartment.  And I actually like his character but yeah, the chemistry between him and Grace is meh at best.

3 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Spoiler

Next week.  Matt Bomer.  He was going to be in one ep but now he's up to four.

• Love 17

The ending bothered me.  Grace ordered a ton of Chinese food and a pizza and she's taking off to go get a drink with Noah? 

I forgot about that, but that bugged me too! What happens when the delivery guy shows up and nobody's home? Maybe they write down your name and number and make you pay in advance the next time you call, plus whatever you ordered before.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I did sort of like the story with Marilyn and Will though. Cutest. Puppy. Ever.

I loved that, too. Will holding a super adorable little puppy? Can't beat that :D. I liked that Karen warmed to the puppy, too. 

• Love 7

I've never been a fan of Will's mom. It also doesn't help that I don't care for Blythe Danner. Will & Karen were my favorites last night. The way they interact with each other always cracks me up. I hope that we see the puppy pop up in future episodes. Jacks plotline was BORING. Grace just continues to annoy the hell out of me. Her basically threatening to end the relationship with Noah because she wasn't getting her way was pathetic. I don't blame Noah for not wanting to introduce his daughter to her yet. I just want one boyfriend of hers to stand up to her and tell her how selfish & nasty she is. 

• Love 2

Grace might be getting a bit too old for the Lucille Ball antics. She remains the weak acting link for me in the reboot. 

Tonights episode was just too "extra" as the kids would say in each of the plot lines. 

• Love 2

I actually really liked this episode. I'm totally on board with Grace and Noah, and I like his daughter. I enjoyed Jack's storyline, especially the bit about the poor older lady being invisible. 

Agree with @Dancingjaneway, never really been a fan of Will's mother. Though I did kind of feel for her when she talked about how her friends are so much closer to their gay sons, lol. Perhaps Will would be closer to her if she wasn't so annoying. Although I remember liking her more when she and George got back together. I always liked Sydney Pollack as Will's dad.

• Love 8

It was weird to me that Will's mom barely acted like she had a husband at home. In fact, besides the Grace "mom" thing, I don't think they mentioned anything about it. I realize the turning-to-the-gay-son-as-a-BFF thing was the point, but it's not like she is sitting at home all alone. 

• Love 10

i liked the episode. Love Blythe Danner so I’m happy for any excuse to see her onscreen. 

LOL at Grace hanging on to the door handle for dear life, she was the spitting image of Lucille Ball in that moment.

I found the Oppression Olympics scene hilarious, as well. To those who found it stupid — that’s the point.

• Love 10