Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E11: You're a Fish Approver!

Chalby
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, Honey said:

When Will is too wild, people aren't happy.  When Will is too subdued, people aren't happy. 

SMH

The thing is, Bill and Jen are choosing to exchange their kids' privacy for money. Some viewers are going to be super fans, others neutral and some more critical. It comes with the territory of any reality show. With regards to Will being subdued, most of the comments expressed concern he was being bullied or having trouble making friends, not that there was anything wrong with his behavior.

• Love 12

Two things I noticed at the end of the episode.... when the fish guy was knocking on the front door, the door was a darker blue/gray but at the end when Bill was showing his Dad and step-Mom the house, the outside of the door was more of an aqua green color.  Also , the original house had a railing going up the front steps, but now there’s no railing. I don’t know about anyone else, but when I’m climbing steps the height of Chich’en Itza, I need a railing to hoist me up the stairs.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, ehall1052 said:

Two things I noticed at the end of the episode.... when the fish guy was knocking on the front door, the door was a darker blue/gray but at the end when Bill was showing his Dad and step-Mom the house, the outside of the door was more of an aqua green color.  Also , the original house had a railing going up the front steps, but now there’s no railing. I don’t know about anyone else, but when I’m climbing steps the height of Chich’en Itza, I need a railing to hoist me up the stairs.

Poor fish guy carried the wooden base all the way up those stairs.  Wonder if he carried the tank as well or they let him use the elevator.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Spike said:

Poor fish guy carried the wooden base all the way up those stairs.  Wonder if he carried the tank as well or they let him use the elevator.

Hopefully he had an assistant that wasn't on camera.  Aquariums are heavy.

I like the interior of their new home, but not the stairs. Especially the ones to the front door.  I think they will probably use the elevator to get to the ground level when going places.  

I am 5 foot 8 and I think that tub is even too deep for me!  Jen did say something about getting steps to get in. Hopefully, interior steps also.  Just don't hear that she has fallen.  I fell once in my regular tub and broke my leg.

• Love 2
On 2018-11-30 at 9:19 PM, MMEButterfly said:

Several posters have wondered why they didn't install a walk-in tub. I've known persons with disabilities who have bought them, then removed them. You must wait in the tub until the water drains completely. You get serious goose bumps.

I can also see the water level in those tubs being too high for Jen most of them are pretty deep and sit you on the bottom.  The one thing I noticed about the tub they choose is it has jets around the bottom. So Jen can partially fill it and still use the jets.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, BitterApple said:

The thing is, Bill and Jen are choosing to exchange their kids' privacy for money. Some viewers are going to be super fans, others neutral and some more critical. It comes with the territory of any reality show. With regards to Will being subdued, most of the comments expressed concern he was being bullied or having trouble making friends, not that there was anything wrong with his behavior.

I think they do the show simply because they like it, they don't need the money.  When they feel extra privacy is needed, like when they brought Zoey home, they take it.  Will and Zoey will be just fine.

If Will is being bullied, he will learn how to deal with it.  He has the best parents to help him through that.  They are both very in tune with their kids, so if something is wrong, they will see it and help them.

• Love 7

I saw it today, and he really didn't look like he was struggling. I'm sure had it been larger (it was relatively small) he would have taken it up in the elevator or had extra help. The tank, also relatively small, was empty, so again probably not that hard to carry. 

Edited by Mollysmom
  • Love 1
On 2018-11-29 at 4:50 PM, humbleopinion said:

Jen's tub reminds me of looking down into a well.

I am flummoxed how she will get in and out of it safely...thinking a ladder like for a pool

Still think it isn't safe to descend into or climb her way out of....see her tumbling in as she peers to climb in without her glasses and too slippery to get out without hurting herself.....

Also what if the water doesn't stop and it fills up above her head...she needs an alarm system, emergency water cut off, and a lifeguard rescue floatie

It sure doesn’t look safe to me especially for Jen.  I recently had a soaker tub removed and a walk-in shower installed to replace it.  I found the tub difficult to get in and out of and it was not nearly as deep as what that appeared to be.

On 2018-12-02 at 5:34 PM, ehall1052 said:

I noticed that too and was shocked that there was no railing, maybe it is on order.  Many cities have by-laws requiring railings depending on the number of stairs.

• Love 1

I watched this episode again and I think they need to get Zoey an agent, because I can really see her in show business.  She's so adorable, and she has an incredible mind.  I think she could easily memorize lines, and I also think that she would love it.

• Love 4

I am not a super fan, but this bunch is one of the few reality families that makes me genuinely happy when I watch them. I don't care about whatever faults and flaws they have. I find them very likeable and I'm impressed by how far they've both gone in their careers, particularly Jen. I find Zoey absolutely hilarious. She is very unique and creative. In this episode, I really enjoyed Zoey's pure, unbridled excitement about the fish.

• Love 9
On 12/2/2018 at 7:53 AM, JJ1 said:

Wow! I just discovered this forum and - gotta say - I’m surprised by all the criticism of Will and Zoey. Yes, I’m sure they can be a handful. But MOST kids their age can be a handful.  And remember, we only see what the producers think it interesting enough to put on the screen. 

But what I’m impressed with is that both kids seem to be totally flourishing after having a rough start to their lives. They are curious, smart, love their extended family and their animals. I’m thrilled to see them doing so well.

Welcome, JJ1!

Just so you don't think we are all hateful, jealous people, this site is not really a 'fan forum'.  That's why so many of us love this site, we can say these things about the show without fear offending...as long as we're respectful of other posters and their opinions

• Love 10