Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: The Book of Blood, Chapter Three: The Sange

• Start Topic

I thought it was just gratuitously offensive that they doubled down on the excuse that being a paraplegic had to be the end of the world for Khalil. I would have bought his redemption more if he admitted that was stupid and showed more remorse for his behavior.

I was sad about the mom dying. This show has a really high body count.

Gambi should be sleeveless more often.

Are Khalil and Jen going to steal to survive? Do either of them have cash? Maybe they'll get odd jobs doing superhero or circus side show acts.

• Love 3

I know the show only has so much time to tell their stories, but I for one would have loved watching a few segments of Henderson taking care of the baby.  Don't think Jim Gordon ever had Batman leave something like that on his doorstep!

Surprised the Looker has already been taken out, although it sounded like she might not actually be dead-dead?  Kind of confused by that.

Also, did Grace's eyes turn the same color as the Looker's?  Are their powers connected on some levels?

Jefferson finds out the truth about Gambi, and ends up going with the hugging option, although he probably was very close to the punching one!

I get Jefferson and Lynn might have gone full-blown overprotective on some levels, but Jennifer and Khalil running off together seems like a very, very bad idea.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, thuganomics85 said:

I know the show only has so much time to tell their stories, but I for one would have loved watching a few segments of Henderson taking care of the baby.  Don't think Jim Gordon ever had Batman leave something like that on his doorstep!

Henderson didn't spend one second taking care of that baby, as soon as Black Lightening left you can hear him yelling for his wife!!!!

• Love 6

Are Jen's powers making her a bit loopy?...  Is it just teenage brain??...  She knows exactly why her parents are keeping her on lockdown.. Her powers have barely begun to be under some type of control.. They are cracking down on meta kids.. And if anyone took more than five minutes they could prob figure out that her dad and sister are BL and Thunder... And this nonsense about nobody knowing what it's like... Um your Dad went thru most of this like 25 to 30 years ago... Except there was no super powered therapist and his parents were dead and he was being raised by some nice white guy.... I generally love Jen.. She's cool and level headed.. And if the show had just made it about her wanting to be with Khalil I could stomach it.. But this "nobody gets me" basura she gotta miss me with that... 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

This show has some of the coolest supervillians and they kill them all off. I can't stand Whale, but they refuse to kill him off.

I agree. We've seen the reason why Whale hates everyone regardless of skin color. With Looker and her gang, they could have delved into other topical issues like the opioid epidemic in rural communities and the rise in hate crimes by white nationalists or, as @BaggythePanther said in the previous episode's thread, 

that drugs in both poor black and white communities are keeping them apart, despite their many similarities

All I can say is I hope Looker isn't dead, and they end Tobias's storyline soon because it's starting to get really old and repetitive.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

And if the show had just made it about her wanting to be with Khalil I could stomach it.. But this "nobody gets me" basura she gotta miss me with that... 

I'm glad they didn't go the it's only romantic route here.  I knew it was a mistake (with little options, granted) for for Jeff and Lynn to isolate her.  They haven't even been in contact with her therapist and didn't realize how different her powers are from Jefferson's.  Jenn feels like there's something wrong with her; she's a good person and Khalil needed her help.  She feels outcast and this is part of the bond she has with Khalil.    Anissa is like Jeff and enjoys her powers and being in the thick of things; they have a lot going on and so does Lynn.  Jenn is at loose ends. 

20 hours ago, possibilities said:

Gambi should be sleeveless more often.

Very true, heh.  I enjoyed Gambi being eye in the sky but his reunion with Jeff was nice. 

• Love 3

Aaaaaaaaahhh - I'm going to need Jennifer and Khalil to stop being so cute, because I'm pretty sure he's ending up dead one way or another.

So was Looker only here for 2 episodes? Such a weird diversion from the main storylines. Some good fight scenes, though.

No movement on Tobias and his vague plans for Freeland.

Glad the Gambi secret is out, at least to Jefferson.

What's up with Grace??

• Love 2

Description: "When Black Lightning and Thunder are attacked by Looker and her clan, they fight to get her to release control over the Sange . . ."

Me: [reading it, tugging on my collar and gulping hard]

At least Looker is out of the picture for now. Her choice of henchmen was bad. Apparently, they thought Black Lightning's powers came from the suit. That was the best moment . . . Jefferson thanking the dummies for the charge before wiping the floor with them.

On 11/28/2018 at 4:22 AM, thuganomics85 said:

Daredevil did that to Black Widow in Kevin Smith's run. Natasha in horror: "I LED THE AVENGERS!"

Jennifer & Khalil make for a cute couple. Not a smart one, and they are doomed as hell, but they are cute together. Her parents will be so thrilled she's with Khalil.

Gambi wanted to be found right? Jefferson mentioned that it was out of character for Gambi to leave the drone’s tracking signal on. So it seems like Gambi was trying to find a way to let Jefferson know he was alive, either consciously or unconsciously.

And where did Khalil get that convertible from?

Anissa watching Girlfriends felt meta, but I guess it’s better than her watching Living Single.

• Love 3

perenna stated that jennifer is much more powerful than jefferson and anissa combined. once jennifer controls her powers and accepts them, she will be one hell of a superhero. i predict that she will finally get her suit in the season finale. 

• Love 2

So, do we agree that Anissa trying to explain Looker's powers and Jefferson's 'please stop talking' response is meta commentary on having to justify all these crazy abilities in comic book/sci-fi/fantasy shows?

Thoughts?

• Love 3
On 11/29/2018 at 12:58 AM, Trini said:

So was Looker only here for 2 episodes? Such a weird diversion from the main storylines. Some good fight scenes, though.

Thinking about this some more; I wonder if they just wanted a subplot where they could just beat down some white supremacists....

• Love 1

So, are we done with South Freeland now? Because that was a super weird arc, with all the Perties and Sanges and Looker being a whole thing and then getting hauled out. It was all just super weird, especially if thats all we get of it. It seems like a decent way for them to explore more racial and economic difficulties in rural areas (so, is this just a part of Freeland, or is it some weird outer town?) or the drug epidemic in rural communities, and maybe show how poor rural areas have many similar problems as inner city areas, just in different forms. But I guess not? Weirdness. 

So one of Jefferson's lesser known powers is changing super fast! I guess they thought his powers were just in his suites? Idiot.

Jenn and Khalil is already a hot mess. 

• Love 2