Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E11: Week 9: Finale

• Start Topic

Hello Boyznkatz. The Judges Gave Joe And Bobby I Think Even AT Once A 4 And Several 5's And 6's ! They Went Several Shows Before They Finally Gave Bobby 8 And Maybe One Time They Gave Joe 8, But That Might Not Be Right ! Maybe Joe Got 7 Instead OF 8 !

Hello VDW. There Are Three Things Bobby Should Have Done ! Bobby Should Not Whine The Whole Season ! Bobby Should Not insult The Other Contestants ! Bobby Should Have Danced During His Free Style Dance And Then People Could Judge That On How He Danced ! Then, He Might Have Had Some Respect Because OF His Free Style Dance ! Just Not Being Whiny By IT Self Does Not Have The Viewers Have any Respect For Bobby ! Not Being Whiny Does Make People Not Be As Negative Toward Bobby Because Bobby Would Not Be As Obnoxious !

• Love 1
On 11/30/2018 at 7:25 PM, crowceilidh said:

I'd say that this new show runner did fairly well.  This is the longest that the conversation has continued after the season in years....

My thoughts exactly as I just saw there are more replies on this thread so many days after the end of the season.

Edited by luvthepros
On 11/29/2018 at 12:16 PM, sinycalone said:

I think you are unfairly lumping all country music fans into one generalized category.  I am a staunch fan of that genre...and did not even consider voting for him. 

I didn't really mean 100% but you are correct.  But I really don't think that many of his supporters swallowed his story about working endless hours rehearsing.  I think "Nashville" had more of an affect on who they would support.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, luvthepros said:

My thoughts exactly as I just saw there are more replied on this thread so many days after the end of the season.

Isn't this the first time that there was a winner with no dance aptitude/experience?  I think that's why people are still replying.  It's hard to believe that there were that many people who supported him.  I guess we feel if we keep replying, we'll come back to reality where Bobby really didn't win :)

• Love 5
6 hours ago, crossover said:

Isn't this the first time that there was a winner with no dance aptitude/experience?

You may be right on the no dance aptitude part, but there have been many winners with no previous dance experience, including all of the male athlete winners, Brooke Burke, J.R. Martinez, Bindi Irwin, Nyle DiMarco...

Edited by calipiano81
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, calipiano81 said:

You may be right on the no dance aptitude part, but there have been many winners with no previous dance experience, including all of the male athlete winners, Brooke Burke, J.R. Martinez, Bindi Irwin, Nyle DiMarco...

I consider the people you named as having an aptitude.  They had the natural ability or aptitude for dance.  I don’t see Bobby as having either—natural ability or experience.  

It took almost 15 years before we got a winner like that but I guess it should be no surprise.  People vote for various reasons. It just took almost 15 years before we (as the total) decided that “dance” was not important for a winner.

• Love 5

Hello Toonces. Not Only Did Sharna Not Deserve To Win The Mirror Ball Trophy Because Her Partner Bobby Bones Could Not Dance, BUT Sharna Did Not Even Do Any Choreography For Bobby Bones Free Style Dance ! Sharna Says I Know, You Can Jump Up And Down And Talk While You Walk ! Tom And Erin Say WOW ! What A Great Free Style Dance ! Erin Can Say Sharna, You Did An Amazing Job OF Choreographing That Free Style ! ( SARCASM ) !

• Love 1

Hello Toonces. Not Only Did Sharna Not Deserve To Win The Mirror Ball Trophy Because Her Partner Bobby Bones Could Not Dance, BUT Sharna Did Not Even Do Any Choreography For Bobby Bones Free Style Dance ! Sharna Says I Know, You Can Jump Up And Down And Talk While You Walk ! Tom And Erin Say WOW ! What A Great Free Style Dance ! Erin Can Say Sharna, You Did An Amazing Job OF Choreographing That Free Style ! ( SARCASM ) !

• Love 1

Hello MTL CHICK. I Read This In The December 10-23 TV Guide ! This Was Under The Cheers OF The Cheers And Jeers Page ! It Said Cheers To Dancing With The Stars For Returning To Form ! After A Few Clumsy Seasons, ABC's Just Wrapped 27th Edition Popped With A Stable Of Stars Who Actually Moved Us, Including Juan Pablo , Joe And Bobby Bones And They Had The Picture OF Sharna And Bobby Bones ! The TV Guide Said IF Only ALL Dancing Cards Could Be This Full OF Fan Favorites ! I Am Interested In Any Body's Opinion About What TV Guide Said About This ! I Told What I Thought To My Brother ! Jody

• Love 1

We are the grammar police!

But to the finale and that win. I was thinking this afternoon, yes, nearly 2 weeks later and I'm still thinking about it. But I was thinking of an early season, and I'm too lazy to go look it up, but the one Sara Evans was on, she was a terrible dancer, and she was on long past her due date and she might have won, had she not dropped out for personal reasons. Those country music fans are fierce! Now, I'm not a country fan, I grew up listening to Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash, Hank Williams Sr., etc. My parents were country music fans, but in the early 60s, it became my rebellion to hate it, I was a teenager and I had to rebel against something, the really big stuff came later in the 60s, I went with the British Invasion. I still actively dislike and don't follow, but have come to a kind of appreciation of some those early artists I listened to. I found myself singing Jambalaya by Hank Williams Sr. just today! No clue why. 

I don't know if my parents would have been rabidly voting for Bobby, my dad didn't care for watching dance but he loved doing it, and this show started several years after he died. My mom did watch a few episodes with me, she rather liked Layla Ali, even though she didn't know who she was. But all the voting mania really wasn't part of their lives, ever. But I don't think they would have been big Bobby fans, they didn't really care for the new country, they were old fashioned. 

edited because left out a comma, not good for a grammar police.

Edited by friendperidot
  • Love 2

I think Sharna should have kept teaching Bobby to dance because he was dancing some like I think it was the Foxtrot where he did dance. Sharna should have come up with some choreography for Bobby's Free Style Dance.

• Love 3

What did every body think about TV Guide loving this Season of Dancing With The Stars? TV Guide had a picture of Sharna and Bobby and TV Guide loved how moving the Season was and TV Guide mentioned Joe And Juan Pablo.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Jody said:

What did every body think about TV Guide loving this Season of Dancing With The Stars? TV Guide had a picture of Sharna and Bobby and TV Guide loved how moving the Season was and TV Guide mentioned Joe And Juan Pablo.

I saw that. The writer must've been a Bobby or Sharna fan or took a bribe. lol

• Love 2

Hey Tessa Forever. I think IF Bobby Had done the Fox Trot for his Free Style Dance, then it would have been better because Bobby would have done some dancing for his Free Style Dance ! I think they did the Worst dance Earlier like maybe before the Semi Finals or some thing like that ! Jody

Hello Lavender Blue. I thought Bobby was Entertaining and Funny the First Week !  I thought Bobby was still Funny the Second Week, But I Wondered when He was Fooling Around the Third Week IF He was going to fool around ALL Season ! !  Bobby DID Dance with the Fox Trot and Maybe The Contemporary ! I Can't Remember with The Contemporary whether Bobby did Good with that Dance ! I thought Hammer was Very Entertaining Both Times ! I Did Think That Bobby did not have to do Hammer Twice Though ! The Free Style WAS The Worst ! IT wasn't that Bobby was Fooling around ! Bobby Not only did not Dance, but Bobby Jumped Up and Down and Walked and Talked And Kept Stopping During His Free style Dance ! Jody

Hello VDW. I dodn't think Sharna should promote other shows instead of the show she is on. People would still be upset that she and Bobby won, but it would have been better if Sharna had come up with some choreography for Bobby's Free Style Dance ! Jody

• Love 1

Hello Tessa Forever. IF Bobby would have Danced every week and then done Hammer AND Danced during his Free Style Dance, then people would have accepted It better, but except for maybe Three Times when he did Dance, He didn't dance at all ! Jody

• Love 1

Hello Spanana. Maybe The Voters Could Vote Right From The Beginning instead OF Waiting for the Show To End like The Voice does ! I don't actually know, but I think The West can vote on the Save on The Voice ! That Is During the Elimination Results Night which is Usually Tuesday Night Where Every Body Performs on Monday Night on The Voice ! Jody

• Love 1
On 11/28/2018 at 6:00 PM, calipiano81 said:

Just wondering...if Bobby was more universally liked and if he hadn't said so many things that rubbed people the wrong way over the course of the season...would the reaction to his winning be the same?

Because while I am up for changes in the scores+votes system, it would likely mean the end of everyone's fan favorites surprising and placing higher than expected...just wondering how people would feel about that?

That Would Help IF Bobby was more Beloved, but Bobby still needs to Dance during The Free Style Dance ! All Bobby did was Jump Up And Down and Walk and Talk !

• Love 1
On 11/29/2018 at 10:26 AM, BeeBop88 said:

I think the judges already knew who was gonna win and it wouldn't matter what score Bobby got, he was gonna be the DWTS champion. I think that is the reason why there was no Tuesday show. Bobby was so far ahead in fan votes, that having a Tuesday show would not matter. It would just be a waste of 2 hours of air time and a very good chance of Bobby pushing further ahead in fan votes.  I still stand firm in saying no way would the judges have voted for Bobby to win if there was an 80/20 system regarding the semi-finals and finale.

ABC had decided not to have A Tuesday Night show I think because the ratings were probably down and they wanted to have other shows with scripts instead of Dancing With The Stars ! Yeah, I think you are probably right that the Judges would not have Voted for Bobby ! I think IF The Judges could have A Favorite that it would be Juan Pablo Or maybe Milo ! !

• Love 1
On 11/29/2018 at 10:35 AM, boyznkatz said:

Well they are responsible for pimping him into the finals in the first place. He deserved 6s, not 7s and 8s like they gave him all season long. And that whole country music week shebang was a 2 hour Bobby lovefest. They already catapult their ABC tools and whomever they want into the finals, so giving them even more power would be counterproductive. 

What the really need to do is bring out the 4 and 5 paddles for contestants as bad as Joe and Bobby. That is what they deserve, and if they still win, so be it, but at least the judges don't have to help them win.

The Judges went Several Shows where they gave Joe and Bobby 5's and Joe I think had even got 4 ! ! I am not sure, but I think the Season was Nearly Half over before Bobby Finally got an 8 ! I Can Not Remember IF Joe ever got an 8 ! I don't think Joe ever got A 10 ! ! I don't Remember what Joe got when He Finally Danced ! Bobby And I Think maybe Joe got Several 6's ! ! Bobby did get A Few 7's ! I Don't Remember whether Joe got 7's Well Maybe Joe did get A few 7's ! !

• Love 1

witney was apparently very disappointed with the final results of the season. someone that went to the show last night told witney that she deserved to win, and she agreed and said that the results were really hard to process.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tedd said:

witney was apparently very disappointed with the final results of the season. someone that went to the show last night told witney that she deserved to win, and she agreed and said that the results were really hard to process.

I imagine every pro thinks they deserved to win.

• Love 2
On 12/15/2018 at 1:43 AM, Jody said:

The Judges went Several Shows where they gave Joe and Bobby 5's and Joe I think had even got 4 ! ! I am not sure, but I think the Season was Nearly Half over before Bobby Finally got an 8 ! I Can Not Remember IF Joe ever got an 8 ! I don't think Joe ever got A 10 ! ! I don't Remember what Joe got when He Finally Danced ! Bobby And I Think maybe Joe got Several 6's ! ! Bobby did get A Few 7's ! I Don't Remember whether Joe got 7's Well Maybe Joe did get A few 7's ! !

I don't remember Bobby getting a 4 or 5. He might have gotten a 6 or two. Joe got some 4's very early on, but once all the low hanging fruit was gone, they protected him as well.

I never saw the appeal of Joe. He looked like Herman Munster, and danced like him, too.

• Love 1