Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E11: Week 9: Finale

• Start Topic

Something  that no one has yet mentioned that REALLY drove me crazy last night was,  when the people competing were dancing, the camera would cut to the vocalist!

They do this all the time when it’s a pro dance. However, if you’re watching somebody’s freestyle, you don’t want the camera cutting to the guest vocalist.

Worst season ever for so many reasons.

• Love 23
36 minutes ago, lavenderblue said:

I noticed that Meryl tweeted an immediate huge congrats to both Sharna and Bobby, while Charlie has been completely silent (unless he made a comment on an Instagram post that I missed).

Charlie stopped following Sharna, and most everyone related to DWTS, years ago. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kid said:

Something  that no one has yet mentioned that REALLY drove me crazy last night was,  when the people competing were dancing, the camera would cut to the vocalist!

They do this all the time when it’s a pro dance. However, if you’re watching somebody’s freestyle, you don’t want the camera cutting to the guest vocalist.

Worst season ever for so many reasons.

THIS!!!!!

Drives Mr SD crazy. Me too, when I am not laughing at him. He sounds just like a grumpy grandpa lol. I want to see the dance, not the person singing. Put a little pic in pic of the singer if it is contractual that the singer get screen time. But the dancers get the big screen. 

And at the end, the four couples were watching a video of their “highlights”. I would have liked to have seen all of that. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Kid said:

I'm guessing that's contractual. The singer will have a certain amount of "face time" guaranteed, I'm sure; it differentiates them from the house band, whose status is merely back-up, with one compulsory acknowledgment per show. 

The same thing used to bug the heck out of me during the Disson figure skating specials, where it often looked as though it were half-concert, half-skating. Thing is, you can still hear the singing while you're watching the dancing/skating, but you can't see the dancing/skating if you're looking at the singer.

• Love 11

Bobby's "Buddy Holly" inspired geek chic, underdog character is as phony as Alan & Alicia's showmance.

I REALLY enjoyed Milo's freestyle. That was amazing.

On another note, I had to spend 5 minutes explaining to my 11-year-old who Avril was and another 5 convincing him that she used to be the queen of teen angst.

• Love 9

I didn't watch this season as the cast didn't interest me but what in the hell was that?!!! Bobby's freestyle was absolute trash! From me just watching all 4 freestyles Bobby and Sharna should've never been in the finals. I have watched Sharna get robbed over and over again but that was with actually good partners! Bobby sucks!

21 hours ago, alexa said:

He really is that popular?  What?

Heel no he ain't! This was rigged.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

On another note, I had to spend 5 minutes explaining to my 11-year-old who Avril was and another 5 convincing him that she used to be the queen of teen angst.

..oooooooookay, well, I feel old now. 

• Love 6

I am fascinated by how closely Bobby's win narrative mirrors his own marketing narrative.  He's the underdog, nobody likes him.  That's his narrative.  Now look at his win.  

Somehow people are convinced by this narrative and now he has just created more of it.   'President Bobby Bones' has quite a ring to it.  BB 2024.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, crowceilidh said:

Somehow people are convinced by this narrative and now he has just created more of it.   'President Bobby Bones' has quite a ring to it.  BB 2024.

*Waves arms wildly* Shhhhh! Don't put that idea out into the universe!

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, crowceilidh said:

I am fascinated by how closely Bobby's win narrative mirrors his own marketing narrative.  He's the underdog, nobody likes him.  That's his narrative.  Now look at his win.  

Oh dear God no. A chill actually went through my body at the mere thought lol!

Edited by doLLish
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, lavenderblue said:

I noticed that Meryl tweeted an immediate huge congrats to both Sharna and Bobby, while Charlie has been completely silent (unless he made a comment on an Instagram post that I missed).

Charlie got disillusioned with the show. He was kind of a Juan Pablo where worst dancers went to the finale, and he didn't. I don't think he liked the manipulations of the show.  Meryl seems to have kept some friendships from the show. 

4 hours ago, deemac said:

Did anyone watch Good morning America?  I'm curious how obnoxious BB was but don't really want to watch it.

My mother saw it. Bobby was mainly talking about how he couldn't dance. Everybody except George did the flossing thing, and they played silly games. GMA had to act happy. They couldn't do anything else. 

I had never heard of BB, and I wanted him off the show. I wasn't really invested in this season, but I did give some votes to Juan Pablo. I've been watching since season 11, and I was not fond of all of the winners, but I thought they all had some dance skill until BB. 

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

Charlie got disillusioned with the show. He was kind of a Juan Pablo where worst dancers went to the finale, and he didn't. I don't think he liked the manipulations of the show.  Meryl seems to have kept some friendships from the show. 

My mother saw it. Bobby was mainly talking about how he couldn't dance. Everybody except George did the flossing thing, and they played silly games. GMA had to act happy. They couldn't do anything else. 

I had never heard of BB, and I wanted him off the show. I wasn't really invested in this season, but I did give some votes to Juan Pablo. I've been watching since season 11, and I was not fond of all of the winners, but I thought they all had some dance skill until BB. 

Can anyone even imagine how uncomfortable the flight to NYC was?

I remember when the finalists used to fly overnight on the private plane for the GMA show. If they flew private last night, it probably felt like the world’s smallest plane as they all tried to avoid BB! 

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Bridget said:

Can anyone even imagine how uncomfortable the flight to NYC was?

I remember when the finalists used to fly overnight on the private plane for the GMA show. If they flew private last night, it probably felt like the world’s smallest plane as they all tried to avoid BB! 

I've seen a few pictures from the plane and it didn't seem to be any different than any other season. What I wondered is why Val and Jenna flew with them.

4 hours ago, surreysmum said:

Thing is, you can still hear the singing while you're watching the dancing/skating, but you can't see the dancing/skating if you're looking at the singer.

YES!!  And it is so annoying.  They have had guests perform before and did not cut away from the dancers competing.

• Love 2

As I posted earlier I feel asleep before the majority of the freestyles/votes (saw Alexis). Just rewatched the last 30 mins and what strikes me most is that everyone but Sharna choreographed a real dance for their partner.  Sharna choreographed a joke dance because I think she thought they weren’t going to win.  Seriously Joe was in it?   Are you kidding?  It pisses me off that the other three and their partners cared and trained so hard for nothing at the end.  They all created beautiful and creative freestyles with so much emotion that was earned because they liked and respected each other.  Sharna and Bobby were coasting and knew and didn’t care.  I was annoyed before I saw the freestyles but now I’m really pissed.  It’s like an anxiety dream where you know you’re right but you can’t win the argument.  

Eta: right after BB wins, Witney looks at Milo and he mouths ‘yeah I know’.  I think they all knew the popular vote was skewed

Edited by LBS
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

I've seen a few pictures from the plane and it didn't seem to be any different than any other season. What I wondered is why Val and Jenna flew with them.

I finally watched GMA.  Val and Jenna were all over it and GLEB!  Promoting the tour and cutting into everything else.  DWTS is just sinking lower and lower as far as I'm concerned, I did however love a bit with Garth Brooks where he sang bits from his old songs I love, not too much so his newer ones.

d

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, deemac said:

I finally watched GMA.  Val and Jenna were all over it and GLEB!  Promoting the tour and cutting into everything else.  DWTS is just sinking lower and lower as far as I'm concerned, I did however love a bit with Garth Brooks where he sang bits from his old songs I love, not too much so his newer ones.

If they're back they really need to scale back the Val and Jenna. And dump Gleb.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, deemac said:

d

Why was Val and Jenna on GMA? They didn't win a MBT or were in the finals. Man , DWTS is really pushing it if they are gonna pimp out these two attention whores. People were complaining this season about them already after they did that stupid solo dance. 

43 minutes ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

Tom's face spoke volumes!

He knew a shitstorm was coming. 

I have watched this dozens of times.  It makes me laugh and also makes me sad at the same time. Bobby sure did a good job of screwing up DWTS.

• Love 2

Someone on twitter had mentioned the believe ALexis supposed ex boyfriend is back following her again and was liking a couple of her pics. I don't know because I do not follow her and have no clue who her boyfriend was.

I went back and watched Tom announce the recipients of the trophy (with the mute button turned on!).

During the west coast airing, right after Tom says you-know-who’s name, Milo can be seen saying “Oh no!” and it was the best thing ever. Keo trying to put on his “pageant face” after the initial shock was funny as well. I was living for Evanna’s unadulterated looks of utter shock and horror. 

Sadly, I didn’t get to see anything else that anyone said (we really need a pro lip reader on this thread!) because the camera operators immediately cut away to the moron who thought he was on “Shit Talking with the Stars.” Damn editors! 

Also, did they use way too much confetti than normal or was it me? I couldn’t tell who was who on the ballroom floor. 

Don’t forget, per Wikipedia, the presidency won’t be in 2024...because the moron claims he wants to run for governor in “two or six years.” (Also, he thinks he’s BFF with President Clinton, so that’s hilarious in itself.)  Couldn’t make this up if I tried. 

The damn editors must’ve screwed with the west coast edition all season long because for the first few weeks I’d hear Tom say: “Camryn Manheim in the audience, a proud mom...” and the cameras were on random people in the crowd, not Camryn.

Side note: The guy sitting to Camryn’s right during the finals - does anyone other than me think that he might possibly be the friend that she asked to be a sperm donor? Go back, watch the footage and check out the guy’s features. Then tell me that Milo doesn’t resemble him at all. (We know Milo’s birth story, but I’m pretty sure Disney/ABC weren’t ready to use the phrases necessary to explain it to the rest of the world.) I’d be willing to guess that Milo knows who his bio dad is, but knows the situation as well.

Maybe his bio dad acts as a surrogate uncle or in another capacity that allows them to stay in touch, minus the whole “Milo, I’m your father” part? If Camryn felt comfortable enough to ask her male BFF for a donation, I’d like to think he’d still be one of her BFFs in 2018.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Just either cancel the show already or do some very major changes to it.

Exactly! I'm so tired of Bobby's win being justified because it's a "popularity" contest. And while that might be true to a degree, the basis of the show is dancing, so how about some reasonable dancing along with the popular vote. Otherwise, if it's just a popularity (or favorite person) contest, how about ABC pay 10-12 celebs to just stand there week after week? Maybe read a poem, tell a few jokes...or do whatever they feel like doing. Then open up the phone lines and let's vote for our favorite person! Done...and now we don't have to judge their dancing on a show with the word "dancing" actually in the title!!

• Love 10
7 hours ago, BeeBop88 said:

Why was Val and Jenna on GMA? They didn't win a MBT or were in the finals. Man , DWTS is really pushing it if they are gonna pimp out these two attention whores. People were complaining this season about them already after they did that stupid solo dance. 

You would think DWTS would've learned when there was hardly any interest in Maks/Peta and Sasha/Emma. Back in the old days, I bet half the audience didn't even know Anna was married to Jonathan or Edyta was living with Alec.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Bridget said:

I went back and watched Tom announce the recipients of the trophy (with the mute button turned on!).

During the west coast airing, right after Tom says you-know-who’s name, Milo can be seen saying “Oh no!” and it was the best thing ever. Keo trying to put on his “pageant face” after the initial shock was funny as well. I was living for Evanna’s unadulterated looks of utter shock and horror. 

Sadly, I didn’t get to see anything else that anyone said (we really need a pro lip reader on this thread!) because the camera operators immediately cut away to the moron who thought he was on “Shit Talking with the Stars.” Damn editors! 

Also, did they use way too much confetti than normal or was it me? I couldn’t tell who was who on the ballroom floor. 

Don’t forget, per Wikipedia, the presidency won’t be in 2024...because the moron claims he wants to run for governor in “two or six years.” (Also, he thinks he’s BFF with President Clinton, so that’s hilarious in itself.)  Couldn’t make this up if I tried. 

The damn editors must’ve screwed with the west coast edition all season long because for the first few weeks I’d hear Tom say: “Camryn Manheim in the audience, a proud mom...” and the cameras were on random people in the crowd, not Camryn.

Side note: The guy sitting to Camryn’s right during the finals - does anyone other than me think that he might possibly be the friend that she asked to be a sperm donor? Go back, watch the footage and check out the guy’s features. Then tell me that Milo doesn’t resemble him at all. (We know Milo’s birth story, but I’m pretty sure Disney/ABC weren’t ready to use the phrases necessary to explain it to the rest of the world.) I’d be willing to guess that Milo knows who his bio dad is, but knows the situation as well.

Maybe his bio dad acts as a surrogate uncle or in another capacity that allows them to stay in touch, minus the whole “Milo, I’m your father” part? If Camryn felt comfortable enough to ask her male BFF for a donation, I’d like to think he’d still be one of her BFFs in 2018.

I think it was when the stars were thanking their families  and Milo's Mom, Camryn, and the man sitting next to her were introduced and she referred to him as Milo's dad, and Milo thanked his Dad, so obviously he has known who his dad is and has had contact with him thru the years, and yes, Milo did look like his dad. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Wow really Sharna? Keeping it classy. If any of you thought she had any regrets or remorse for her win because she won under such poor circumstances? Nope.  

Can I say I am glad that people have been vocal to the point that even she is hearing it?  I realize she was just the pro, and it isn't her fault who she got, but at the same time I think it sends a message that people are so unhappy that even she isn't getting to have any glory in the moment.  Kind of like what we all shared which is that though it is kind of nice she finally won, this wasn't at all how anyone wanted it to happen.  I really think this win is completely different from any others--typically there is always some negative as not everyone is happy, but for the most part viewers are okay with the win, and happy for the pro.  This is the first time I have seen where the majority of the responses are negative for the win.

• Love 7

Eh, it's just like American Idol. At the end of the day, the winner is the person with the most rabid fanbase, and as the seasons wore on, there will only be male winners. Seriously, look at AI, and you'll see what I mean. It's because the people who watch these shows are women, and women don't tend to vote for other women. They vote for men. The only time AI was able to get a female winner in the later seasons was by vastly rigging the entire process to produce that desired result. Also, if DWTS has predominately the same demographic as AI, most viewers are in the South, and Bobby was born and raised in Arkansas (who are fiercely proud people and propelled Kris Allen to a win over Queen frontman Adam Lambert), spent a decade in Austin, TX, and then moved to Nashville and is syndicated nationwide for his country music show. He IS DWTS' quintessential demographic.

Also, being happy that people through no fault of their own are being so relentlessly bullied online that they have to sign off is disgusting. Regardless of anything, Bobby and Sharna are people who did nothing but play by the rules, put in the same work as everyone else, and people responded to them. They did not personally hurt you specifically or really and truly negatively affect your life. Your disappointment in the outcome is not their fault. It says way more about you than them that you condone cyberbullying. It's a reality show. It ain't that deep. If you want a real dance competition, go find a local one on the weekends to attend. This is, and always will be, a reality show. 

Edited by Italian Ice
  • Love 8
18 minutes ago, Italian Ice said:

Eh, it's just like American Idol. At the end of the day, the winner is the person with the most rabid fanbase, and as the seasons wore on, there will only be male winners. Seriously, look at AI, and you'll see what I mean. It's because the people who watch these shows are women, and women don't tend to vote for other women. They vote for men. The only time AI was able to get a female winner in the later seasons was by vastly rigging the entire process to produce that desired result.

Also, being happy that people through no fault of their own are being so relentlessly bullied online that they have to sign off is disgusting. Regardless of anything, Bobby and Sharna are people who did nothing but play by the rules, put in the same work as everyone else, and people responded to them. They did not personally hurt you specifically or really and truly negatively affect your life. Your disappointment in the outcome is not their fault. It says way more about you than them that you condone cyberbullying. It's a reality show. It ain't that deep. If you want a real dance competition, go find a local one on the weekends to attend. This is, and always will be, a reality show. 

I think we will have to agree to disagree here.  First of all DWTS has alternated between men and women winners throughout the shows run.  It has never really been all men or all women, and I don't think that is necessarily going to change.  It just depends on who is competing in that given season, and how things play out.  

As for the online comments, just because Sharna doesn't like the negative comments, it doesn't necessarily mean that they were bullying comments.  They could have just been comments that people weren't happy with the outcome, which is something that will be shared in social media if you are a "pro" on a show that relies on people voting.  All of this talk here in a TV forum about people being bullied online is just silly as they are part of a show that the public watches.  They get paid to be on this type of show, and it wouldn't exist if people didn't watch or have opinions.  (if bullying takes place that is inappropriate, however, but those aren't the kind of comments I am referring to)

And whether you are talking about me or everyone here:  the comment about "it is more about you than them that you condone cyberbullying" is an inappropriate comment.  First of all, it is making a personal comment about other posters, secondly, you can't really say someone is condoning cyberbullying when that isn't really the case at all.  

Lastly, the point is that it is good that DWTS is finally getting some genuine feedback because the show is going downhill, and if they want to return, something has to change or they will have to expect to keep losing viewers.  It is really up to them what happens next.  I think the key is that the majority of people want to watch some good dancing, or at least people with good attitudes that try hard to improve.  

• Love 21
1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I think it was when the stars were thanking their families  and Milo's Mom, Camryn, and the man sitting next to her were introduced and she referred to him as Milo's dad, and Milo thanked his Dad, so obviously he has known who his dad is and has had contact with him thru the years, and yes, Milo did look like his dad. 

Yes, there was an article that stated that Milo's dad was going to be there.  He's not a regular part of Milo's life but he does know who his dad is.  I think they see each other once in awhile and Camryn and the dad are still friends.

Edited by realdancemom
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Wow really Sharna? Keeping it classy. If any of you thought she had any regrets or remorse for her win because she won under such poor circumstances? Nope.  

Wth, sharna has really became the worse part of herself lately. What do she expect. She knows everyone is not going to be happy about her win because Bobby wasnt a good dancer and others were more deserving, so for her to just act like she is going be welcome with so much love from everyone is delusional and stupid and she knows that her win was wrong. Im sure deep down inside she wished she had this moment with her more deserving partners throughout the season so she needs to stop acting brandnew.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, howmanywords said:

Good for her. I'm glad she said something. There are a lot of people that being really negative trying to say she doesn't deserve this. Maybe this isn't the ideal partner to win with but they won fair and square by the rules of the show. Change the rules if you don't like it but don't place the blame on the participants. 

Edited by Beatrice
  • Love 4
Just now, Beatrice said:

Good for her. I'm glad she said something. There are a lot of people that being really negative trying to say she doesn't deserve this. Maybe this isn't the ideal partner to win with but they won fair and square by the rules of the show. Change the rules if you don't like it but don't play the blame on the participants. 

Did they really win fair and square. Fair and Square would not going on sm  every single week trying to make your fans feel sorry for u because u werent the top dancer of the season and condemning other contestants because they were  miles better than you and had dance experience and u didnt. Even Joe as horrible as he was, didnt play the sympathy or put down the other contestants for what he couldnt do.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

Did they really win fair and square. Fair and Square would not going on sm  every single week trying to make your fans feel sorry for u because u werent the top dancer of the season and condemning other contestants because they were  miles better than you and had dance experience and u didnt. Even Joe as horrible as he was, didnt play the sympathy or put down the other contestants for what he couldnt do.

Did they break any rules? 

What you are stating is you just don't like his attitude which is totally fine not my cup of tea either. However, I really think people are going to far with this now. Where was this kind of vitriol when Helio won? He is the same level of dancer as Bobby but people just liked him better. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, vdw84 said:

I mean...technically they did? Not winning fair and square would mean that they cheated the system somehow or the votes went wonky. So technically they did win according to the rules. They had the votes to win. Sharna and Bobby's methods on social media to get those votes don't please me, especially on Bobby's end. Sharna's been more gracious than Bobby in that she can at least admit where the negativity comes from (while Bobby is in denial that a lot of it is on him). Do I like the way Sharna responded in the above tweet? Of course not. But they had the followers to get them their votes. Just because it's not an ideal way of winning, it doesn't mean it wasn't fair and square. There's a difference between fair and square and just unfair. How Bobby/Sharna won was unfair, but not not fair and square.

It's just more unfortunate and not an ideal outcome for the show. But with the show's blatantly dumb rules and how the voting system works, I think this win exposed those flaws just as much as Bobby's humongous ego and victim complex were exposed.

Plus, Sharna DID win, even if she shouldn't have this year. I think she's allowed to feel the win, even if we all didn't like how she won. And I say this avidly hating Bobby's victim blaming. 

• Love 3
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

I mean...technically they did? Not winning fair and square would mean that they cheated the system somehow or the votes went wonky. So technically they did win according to the rules. They had the votes to win. Sharna and Bobby's methods on social media to get those votes don't please me, especially on Bobby's end. Sharna's been more gracious than Bobby in that she can at least admit where the negativity comes from (while Bobby is in denial that a lot of it is on him). Do I like the way Sharna responded in the above tweet? Of course not. But they had the followers to get them their votes. Just because it's not an ideal way of winning, it doesn't mean it wasn't fair and square. There's a difference between fair and square and just unfair. How Bobby/Sharna won was unfair, but not not fair and square.

It's just more unfortunate and not an ideal outcome for the show. But with the show's blatantly dumb rules and how the voting system works, I think this win exposed those flaws just as much as Bobby's humongous ego and victim complex were exposed.

Plus, Sharna DID win, even if she shouldn't have this year. I think she's allowed to feel the win, even if we all didn't like how she won. And I say this avidly hating Bobby's victim blaming. 

I think more people would have respect for Bobby's win if he didnt come off as whiny ass all season. Yes, he was entertainment onscreen but offscreen he was anything but. As for as Sharna feeling her win, then she needs to ignore the negativity. She should no by now that not everyone is going to like the winner no matter if they great dancer or not but in this case she should have known that the negativity was going to come. Noone cant take from u what u dont let them, again she is being delusional and naive like her partner.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Beatrice said:

Where was this kind of vitriol when Helio won? He is the same level of dancer as Bobby but people just liked him better. 

A couple of  differences from my perspective:

We were not exposed to a constantly whining Helio throughout his season the way Big Baby has. Most of the non-ringer winners have a a mix of nice personality and some semblance of dance ability (Helio is miles ahead of BB on that from my point of view).

What I have seen is an outpouring of passionate opinions as to why Bobby should not have won in people’s eyes. I very much share that opinion and we are all excercising our right to express that. That does not constitute bullying. Not one opinion is worth more than anyone else’s, and people can be happy for his win and state so. Free country and all that. 

• Love 18
Just now, Beatrice said:

Did they break any rules? 

What you are stating is you just don't like his attitude which is totally fine not my cup of tea either. However, I really think people are going to far with this now. Where was this kind of vitriol when Helio won? He is the same level of dancer as Bobby but people just liked him better. 

I didnt like Helio and was pissed as Hell when he won over Mel b but even Helio wasnt as Bad and annoying as Bobby. Ur missing the damn point, no they didnt break any rules on technical standpoint but the whining and complaining all season that Bobby did to me doesnt ring a fair win in anyway. A true winner wouldnt need manipulations like sympathy, victim complex and showmances which is to why I was not rooting for Alan and Alexis.

• Love 2

Where was this kind of vitriol when Helio won?

As I recall, there was quite a lot of vitriol on TWoP when Helio won, it just wasn't in the public arena as much because Heliio was at least a good guy who could dance (and I don't recall him discussing his competitors either).

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, A.Ham said:

(Helio is miles ahead of BB on that from my point of view).

I remembered that Helio COULD DANCE.  I just watched a YouTube of his Quick Step (yellow "banana" suit).  He was very good.  I can't see a comparison to Bobby at all.  Glad I just found this forum.  Now I'll be spending even MORE time at the computer.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, A.Ham said:

A couple of  differences from my perspective:

We were not exposed to a constantly whining Helio throughout his season the way Big Baby has. Most of the non-ringer winners have a a mix of nice personality and some semblance of dance ability (Helio is miles ahead of BB on that from my point of view).

What I have seen is an outpouring of passionate opinions as to why Bobby should not have won in people’s eyes. I very much share that opinion and we are all excercising our right to express that. That does not constitute bullying. Not one opinion is worth more than anyone else’s, and people can be happy for his win and state so. Free country and all that. 

Total agreement with you. That was my point as well that Helio had a better personality but dancing wise they were the same level. So it's really about who you like better. aka popularity contest. Not about dancing. If it was Heather Morris and other ringers would win every time.

I also agree that I think Bobby is a crap dancer with a crap attitude but I just felt like he was being treated differently that past winners that weren't great dancers. 

• Love 1

I watch DWTS for the dancing.  I really like dance shows like SYTYCD and WOD.  But I'm in the minority because I liked all the freestyles including Bobby's.  I thought each one represented each star's personality.

Alexis was always going to do a pretty contemporary that showed her flexibility.  She doesn't do fierce, sexy, weird, or anything like that.  She was smiling during her AT.  Speaking of the AT, I thought she did the ballet part better last time.  CAI mentioned her feet.  Her legs were also not straight.  As I mentioned last time, I don't think she has taken a lot of ballet.  Both times during her arabesque, her lifted leg was not turned out which bugs me.

Milo's freestyle was fantastic and his Charleston was one of my favorite dances.  But I'm not going to watch this version of the Charleston on youtube.  I'm going to watch the original because they cut to Robin Thicke too much in Monday's version.  Like Zendaya, Milo is going to be a rising star.  He is so mature for a 17 year old, a lot more than BB.  He is also very talented and both dances showed his versatility.

Evanna's dance was perfect for her.  I love the ending of the dance where she played to the cameras.  Previously, I said that Keo needed to let his star shine and tone it down.  Well, he definitely let Evanna shine.  The dance was quirky and fun.  I like that he let her choose her favorite song.

Bobby's freestyle is going to be the controversial one.  When I said I liked it, I meant as an entertainment piece.  Sharna did a great job choreographing a production.  Bobby didn't do much in it but the rest of the cast did.  It was also fun to include other cast members in it.  Also, at least Bobby got permission from Sharna to do the flossing at the end with everybody else.

Do I think Bobby should have won the mirrorball?  No, because it is a popularity contest but it's also a dance competition.  Bobby did very little dancing.  When he did dance, it didn't look very good technique-wise.  For me, I think his best dance was his Halloween AT.  It looked more like contemporary even though there was some AT moves in it.  I'm also in the camp that didn't like Bobby's behaviour during the season.  He whined a lot about scores and that he doesn't have dance experience and is not an athlete.
So he got his base going because they repeated what he said about low scores and not having dance experience.  He would purposely retweet somebody criticizing him so that he could let his fans respond to the OP.  I call that cyber-bullying.

I don't call what we are doing here as bullying because Bobby is not on this site.  We're expressing our opinions.  I didn't want somebody like David to win but I would rather take that.  At least, I thought he was a nice guy.

Don't think fans should tweet to Sharna's own page.  Don't know if that's how tweeting works.  But I don't see anything wrong with them tweeting their own opinion on their page.  Sharna's response was not classy. 

Think the rules need to change for DWTS. 

Edited by realdancemom
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

Tom's face spoke volumes!

He knew a shitstorm was coming. 

When I saw the look on his face I immediately thought something was wrong with the Teleprompter and he wondered how he he could fix things...professionally.  And then...

• Love 4

I liked Val so much better before he got with Jenna. Those two together is unbearable. I cant stand them. I have no idea what they r going to do now that dwts has been cutback to once a year, neither one of them have anything going for them outside of dwts. Sytycd interactions dont count to me. JJ has no life outside of Val and clearly V just seems bored to death with her, she is so clingy.

Please explain it to me. I'm 68.

It wasn't just the West Coast, I'm in Central, I didn't see her for several weeks into the season, but kept hearing Tom say that.

• Love 2

We didn't have the huge social media platform that we do now when Helio won. There was some SM but nowhere what we have now with how huge twitter and Instagram are. As noted above TWOP had a lot of Helio hate when he won.

There were tons of calls to change the rules and I'm pretty sure there was a separate thread for suggestions of how to fix the show when Helio won.  Maybe that was someone else?  I sure remember the vitriol in the Emmet/Mario showdown too (I liked both, was new to watching and was fairly mystified by it all).

• Love 3