Type keyword(s) to search

The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, cased said:

But it is also just as possible that the relationship with MS caused the marital rift.

I guess, since anything is possible. Lol. In the same way it’s just as possible Mika was sleeping with Donny when he gifted her heels on air and that’s what caused her marital rift.

(I’m being facetious)

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 2

Where is Friend Of The Show John Heilemann? Haven't seen him here or anywhere on MSNBC for what seems like quite awhile, longer than the usual span of vacation time. 

• Love 2

I have also been wondering where John Heileman has been.  I know his show is running on Showtime right now; maybe he has been too busy.  But I miss his snark, especially on Nicole Wallace's show.  I love him on MJ; when he is present I usually keep the show on, just to see his reaction to things.  He has a droll, sharp sense of humor; but Joe does not like to be upstaged.   And Meeeka doesn't understand any kind of sense of humor.  But I'll give her a grudging admiration for making a brand out of that.

• Love 4

This from the "Discussion" thread.  So. Apparently Joe goes with Meeeka during her book signings; he can protect her and watch out for anyone who may become aggressive.  Or something.  My question is - what kind of Know Your Value from a woman is this?  If Meeeeka is so adamant about her brand, why does she need to drag her big, strong, husband along for this kind of service?  If she is so afraid, she certainly has the money to hire a female to oversee "crowds" ...  Who would also be better equipped and trained than Joe. What kind of message does that send?

Maybe I am way off base - maybe she (or they) have been threatened.  If so, how much protection can just one guy be?  Is he armed?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Kemper said:

This from the "Discussion" thread.  So. Apparently Joe goes with Meeeka during her book signings; he can protect her and watch out for anyone who may become aggressive.  Or something.  My question is - what kind of Know Your Value from a woman is this?  If Meeeeka is so adamant about her brand, why does she need to drag her big, strong, husband along for this kind of service?  If she is so afraid, she certainly has the money to hire a female to oversee "crowds" ...  Who would also be better equipped and trained than Joe. What kind of message does that send?

Maybe I am way off base - maybe she (or they) have been threatened.  If so, how much protection can just one guy be?  Is he armed?  

I think it's all part of Joe's possessiveness, and it's cross promotional, her nonsense and the show tie together.   Also, The KYV web site is linked to the NBC News website, I believe. 

I wouldn't have a problem with the bs she pulls on the show if it was of any value, or wasn't hypocritical as all get out.  Or she was actually doing something for people that wasn't just a way to promote herself. KYV is certainly not any type of noble cause.  

But this is all a part of her pettiness and tantrum over not getting the raise SHE thought she deserved.  She had no political background, she was an over night news reader before Joe got the hots for her, why should she be paid the same as someone who has worked as a reporter in Congress or at the WH?  Or who had hosted a show?  The only reason she got the raise was Joe went in and bitched to Phil Griffin or whoever was running MSNBC back then.  

FWIW, Joe did have a prime time show until Don Imus was cancelled.  So he was now hosting his second show. He was deserving of a larger salary, whether we think he's a pompous ass or not.  She was brought on to read the news on his morning show, and she didn't get any notice until she threw her hissy fit over Paris Hilton.

Interesting, one rich spoiled blonde brat getting pissed off that another one was getting more attention.  

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 2

Someone on Twitter just blasted Mika for this morning's infomercial. 

Using a news show to promote a for profit venture.....either say you're making $ off it or donate your profits to charity. Otherwise, unethical. 

• Love 1

Hi everyone, I am an MSNBC insider and have been reading the forums. While it looks like Joe and Mika have an odd relationship on air, that could not be farther then the truth. They are very happy together. They are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. I have worked on several shows for NBC/MSNBC and some of the hosts are not what they seem. They are always together (they don’t like being apart) and in their personal life, Mika is the one who “wears the pants”, not Joe. They have MANY threats against them and have armed security with them pretty much all the time. They moved to Florida to be with their parents, not because of taxes. Mika’s mom has Parkinson’s and is getting treatment in Florida. Also, Joe’s 2 youngest live down there with their mom. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Daisy11306 said:

Hi everyone, I am an MSNBC insider and have been reading the forums. While it looks like Joe and Mika have an odd relationship on air, that could not be farther then the truth. They are very happy together. They are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. I have worked on several shows for NBC/MSNBC and some of the hosts are not what they seem. They are always together (they don’t like being apart) and in their personal life, Mika is the one who “wears the pants”, not Joe. They have MANY threats against them and have armed security with them pretty much all the time. They moved to Florida to be with their parents, not because of taxes. Mika’s mom has Parkinson’s and is getting treatment in Florida. Also, Joe’s 2 youngest live down there with their mom. 

Thanks for the input. I can definitely believe that it is Mika who "wear the pants" in their relationship.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Daisy11306 said:

I truly, honestly mean this in a way that is not snarky or aggressive to you, so please don’t take it as such. 

But.

I also truly don’t give AF why they’re broadcasting remote (Most everyone deals with aging parents and the assortment of issues that go with that, they aren’t unicorns. Nor is the serial philanderer a unicorn in balancing his life with his kids from his exes — By the way, didn’t he announce on IG one went to one of the NE boarding schools, so at least one of the youngest isn’t in Florida full time?). It’s totally, completely unprofessional and the network needs to be asked a number of questions regarding these two (beyond the remote access...).

I wouldn’t be surprised if the rumors are true and they’re looking at replacements.

ETA and I know that makes me petty as hell, but... real world.

Edited by XOQueens
Eta announcement
  • Love 9
(edited)

re the togetherness posts above from Kemper and teddysmom, this is what I was referring to a few days back when I empathized with how the exes might feel knowing that this daily, everywhere, not just on the show is the new normal. Even tho they watched it play out for years on the air, reality bites sometimes. 

When they were married to others everyone went to work for the day, or on assignment, or traveled a bit for work, whatever. But they weren't together 24/7 which is quite, quite different from the new reality. Hey, they're in love, mazel but jeez how can it not be somewhat akin to rubbing salt, amirite? As in "So what was I for all those years when you could bear to be away from me for 8 or 10 hours - chopped liver?" 

Sometimes people are together all the time because they're still in the honeymoon phase and the sex is hot and heavy - and sometimes it's because they know that how they got together is also how they might end. 

It couldn't happen to a nicer pair of untalented, thirsty, smug, horn-blowing philanderers. 😉

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, suomi said:

re the togetherness posts above from Kemper and teddysmom, this is what I was referring to a few days back when I empathized with how the exes might feel knowing that this daily, everywhere, not just on the show is the new normal. Even tho they watched it play out for years on the air, reality bites sometimes. 

When they were married to others everyone went to work for the day, or on assignment, or traveled a bit for work, whatever. But they weren't together 24/7 which is quite, quite different from the new reality. Hey, they're in love, mazel but jeez how can it not be somewhat akin to rubbing salt, amirite? As in "So what was I for all those years when you could bear to be away from me for 8 or 10 hours - chopped liver?" 

Sometimes people are together all the time because they're still in the honeymoon phase and the sex is hot and heavy - and sometimes it's because they know that how they got together is also how they might end. 

It couldn't happen to a nicer pair of untalented, thirsty, smug, horn-blowing philanderers. 😉

The thing that kills me is that it was SOOO obvious to quite a few viewers, as well as pretty much everyone at 30 Rock what was going on.  Wasn't someone at MSNBC quoted "world's worst kept secret" re the affair.

I mean, if we all thought something was going on, I cannot imagine the spouses watching and not thinking What the hell??!!  So they fell in love, fine. But FFS, be professional and discreet. You had kids and spouses who had to watch this play out on national tv. 

image.png.43640e738aba42e551aeca0a0f5b26ba.png

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Daisy11306 said:

It sounds like you know them very well. Do you happen to know if Mika, on any level, recognizes the hypocrisy of their history vis a vis Know Your Value? 

Fairly recently advising female employees to not go for dinner and drinks, or drinks, with male co-workers? After Joe provided her with a clothing allowance from his salary?

Which, if it stood apart, perhaps could have been passed off as nothing - but in hindsight is revealed to be, at best, disingenuous because they did have an affair for an extended period of time? That was obvious to viewers and industry colleagues?

Asking because their lack of self-awareness is staggering, on many levels.  

3 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

The thing that kills me is that it was SOOO obvious to quite a few viewers, as well as pretty much everyone at 30 Rock what was going on.  Wasn't someone at MSNBC quoted "world's worst kept secret" re the affair.

I mean, if we all thought something was going on, I cannot imagine the spouses watching and not thinking What the hell??!!  So they fell in love, fine. But FFS, be professional and discreet. You had kids and spouses who had to watch this play out on national tv. 

image.png.43640e738aba42e551aeca0a0f5b26ba.png

Heh, we cross-posted. GMTA. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, stormy said:

MSNBC insider?

WTF?

my thoughts exactly.   

1 minute ago, suomi said:
7 minutes ago, stormy said:

MSNBC insider?

WTF?

Mika? LOL

No couldn't be there weren't any typos. Probably an assistant.  Or Joe. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I actually don't care about Joe and Mika's personal lives. (Except for when Mika is promoting KYV on the show or Joe is trying to make his music career a thing.) 

What I do care about is the fact that the bunkers (regardless of the how/why) suck some of the energy out of the show and are disrespectful of the guest who, you know, actually show up in the studio.

• Love 7

I am not Mika or Joe lol. I currently don’t work on the Morning Joe show but will return to the show this summer. I do know that they have gotten threatening mail stating violence at 30 Rock and at their home in NY to the point that I don’t really blame them for staying away. They are going nowhere, they just signed a contract extension for 3 more years. I just came back from maternity leave a couple of weeks ago, so I am catching up on Gossip.  If I get any gossip about them, I will let you know.

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, Daisy11306 said:

I am not Mika or Joe lol. I currently don’t work on the Morning Joe show but will return to the show this summer. I do know that they have gotten threatening mail stating violence at 30 Rock and at their home in NY to the point that I don’t really blame them for staying away. They are going nowhere, they just signed a contract extension for 3 more years. I just came back from maternity leave a couple of weeks ago, so I am catching up on Gossip.  If I get any gossip about them, I will let you know.

Thanks for the information. It must be difficult for the staff if Mika & Joe are in Florida while Willie is in NY.

It is very worrisome if they get threats of violence.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, oakville said:

I agree. Whatever one thinks of Mika and Joe (I like them more than most here), I think we all agree that threats of violence are totally unacceptable. I hope they are doing whatever they need to do to stay safe,

Edited by cased
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Thanks for the information. It must be difficult for the staff if Mika & Joe are in Florida while Willie is in NY.

Re: threats. I think they all do, not just Joe and Mika. I forget where I read it, if I remember I’ll link in Off Topic, but there was an article recently outlining the spike in threats on media figures in recent times. It’s definitely troubling, and even more so because the issue is much bigger than just Joe and Mika.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Daisy11306 said:

Thanks for posting, and welcome.

• Love 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, xaxat said:

I actually don't care about Joe and Mika's personal lives. (Except for when Mika is promoting KYV on the show or Joe is trying to make his music career a thing.) 

What I do care about is the fact that the bunkers (regardless of the how/why) suck some of the energy out of the show and are disrespectful of the guest who, you know, actually show up in the studio.

Hoo boy, the bunkers. Some days are better than others but there shouldn't be any days when bunker talk is reminiscent of Kelly and Ryan chatting with the trivia caller. MJ is not a new show finding its way. The delays in hearing others and being heard are too often awkward and nuances are missed because looking at who you're talking to while they look at you used to be the basic premise of a show with this format. 

Yesterday, Joe misjudged that a guest had finished speaking and started into "Thank you for joining us" while she was finishing her thought so she was a bit thrown. And then the actual "Thank you(s)" at the appropriate time were rushed and jumbled. Bush league. 

I started watching during the days of Scarborough Country, usually because of a guest or tuning in a bit early for the next show or nothing else better was on. That was about 14-15 years ago and I honestly don't remember Joe being as bombastic back then. Over the years he has become a domineering gasbag - and the ratings could be in spite of rather than because of that. Sometimes viewers get used to just routinely viewing or are drawn by particular guests, or it's not much more than background noise. 

Evidently, using my super powers, I hypnotized Steven Colbert into seeing it my way because he asked WG if the show should be called Morning Willie. Mika was gone more than she was present for all of last summer. A wide array of media outlets have been commenting on their ways for a couple years now. "Where are Joe and Mika?" was a recent meme. Again, I must take credit for my wide influence. 

I find it a bit hard to believe that the move to FL is about family members and I say that because these two are shameless self-promoters and would not hesitate to present the situation that way. What I could believe is that family members migrated to where it's convenient for Joe and Mika to be. Perhaps lower taxes is a negligible benefit but he's the one who complained about what it cost him to live in CT.

Remember the rallying cry of "They gave Trump all that free publicity?" Who else got all kinds of free publicity? Morning Joe. 

I'm fairly confident that he is slowly and methodically getting all the pieces in place to enter politics again. Do we remember the reason he gave for resigning his seat? Because his kids needed him at home. His kids are aging out, Mika is already an empty nester. It's the rare day without a mention of "When I was in Congress." They've both undergone extensive physical makeovers. He's got what he sees as a sexy new wife with an OG political pedigree, there's only one elderly parent left, his band and her KYV lend them relevance.

Is there another political affairs show where even a small portion of these things make up that show's landscape? I can't think of one. The world is their oyster and this website is largely devoted to snark. What's not to love?  

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Daisy11306 said:

Thanks for posting and welcome!!   Congrats on the baby!!   

• Love 1
4 hours ago, suomi said:

sterday, Joe misjudged that a guest had finished speaking and started into "Thank you for joining us" while she was finishing her thought so she was a bit thrown. And then the actual "Thank you(s)" at the appropriate time were rushed and jumbled. Bush league. 

This is the problem with the Skype or whatever they're doing in their Wayne's World basement set up. There's a delay in hearing the other person speak and it throws off the conversation.  Watch any interview when it's done via satellite. I was watching Mayor Pete last night on Last Word and he was obv in South Bend and the sound feed must have been off a little, he was frowning as if trying to hear what L'OD was saying.  And his answer was like a half second slow because he hadn't heard it as fast as we did. 

That's acceptable in a one on one interview on these shows, but for the hosts to be off set and trying to have a conversation while the people on set are sitting there waiting for them to realize what's going on, etc. 

The excuses for being in FL are bs, IMO.  I appreciate having security concerns but it's pretty easy for someone to figure out where Joe & Mika live.  Here's an idea.  Move the family up to the NYC area.  Joe's mother was the only one rooted in FL, Joe hasn't been around his kids for years, didn't he and Susan separate and divorce and least 5-6 years ago?  He was fine living in NY/CT before with the kids in FL. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, teddysmom said:

This is the problem with the Skype or whatever they're doing in their Wayne's World basement set up. There's a delay in hearing the other person speak and it throws off the conversation.  Watch any interview when it's done via satellite. I was watching Mayor Pete last night on Last Word and he was obv in South Bend and the sound feed must have been off a little, he was frowning as if trying to hear what L'OD was saying.  And his answer was like a half second slow because he hadn't heard it as fast as we did. 

That's acceptable in a one on one interview on these shows, but for the hosts to be off set and trying to have a conversation while the people on set are sitting there waiting for them to realize what's going on, etc. 

The excuses for being in FL are bs, IMO.  I appreciate having security concerns but it's pretty easy for someone to figure out where Joe & Mika live.  Here's an idea.  Move the family up to the NYC area.  Joe's mother was the only one rooted in FL, Joe hasn't been around his kids for years, didn't he and Susan separate and divorce and least 5-6 years ago?  He was fine living in NY/CT before with the kids in FL. 

When Joe first started doing MJ, he moved up to NY to do the show, and his family was still in Florida (his youngest son had not been born yet). Then when his son was born very prematurely, Joe took a lot of time off to be with them in Florida.

What is weird, is that some time after that his wife and kids moved from Florida to DC, with Joe still being in NY. I suppose that made the commuting easier, but why didn't they move to actually live with Joe?

Then at some point (2011?) Joe bought the house in CT and moved the family in there. A year later, he filed for divorce. 

I'm not sure when the ex-wife and kids moved to Floriday, but I got the impression that they were still in CT until fairly recently. I also thought Joe had moved his mother to a nursing home in CT.

Maybe they all moved to Florida together,.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, cased said:

When Joe first started doing MJ, he moved up to NY to do the show, and his family was still in Florida (his youngest son had not been born yet). Then when his son was born very prematurely, Joe took a lot of time off to be with them in Florida.

What is weird, is that some time after that his wife and kids moved from Florida to DC, with Joe still being in NY. I suppose that made the commuting easier, but why didn't they move to actually live with Joe?

Then at some point (2011?) Joe bought the house in CT and moved the family in there. A year later, he filed for divorce. 

I'm not sure when the ex-wife and kids moved to Floriday, but I got the impression that they were still in CT until fairly recently. I also thought Joe had moved his mother to a nursing home in CT.

Maybe they all moved to Florida together,.

Thanks for the date details. I thought I might be off a little but I recalled Mika mentioning Joe would be off to spend time with the kids so I assumed they were in FL while he stayed up in CT/NY. 

Did you see the post above about the 3 year contract extension? God help us. 😱  

• Love 2
12 hours ago, teddysmom said:

The excuses for being in FL are bs, IMO.  I appreciate having security concerns but it's pretty easy for someone to figure out where Joe & Mika live.  Here's an idea.  Move the family up to the NYC area. 

Exactly.  Aren't all the RWNJs in Florida, anyway?

My father worked in North Carolina and commuted on the weekends to our home in Pennsylvania, and he wasn't exactly compensated like Joe Scarborough.  I did consulting work where I left the state on Sunday afternoon and flew back home on Thursday afternoon.

Rachel Maddow lives in Western Massachusetts, stays in NYC during the week, and goes home on the weekend.  If she's unhappy with the arrangement, you don't see it on the air.

I just have a hard time with all the bullshit excuses about why the eponymous host of a morning talk show can't be on the set of his own damn show.  Even if he gave himself a short workweek, like Monday through Thursday, and then was back in Florida on Friday, it would be a damn sight better than the farce we see now.

• Love 6
(edited)

Mika is digging in deeper for Biden on her IG, saying she knows what’s “in his heart.” Leaving aside any sort of Biden judgement, what a dumb ass thing for her to say about anybody, let alone a politician she doesn’t actually intimately know, and from someone who is paid to talk politics (I guess that’s her job?). Top notch analysis and reasoning there, Scoop. Lol

Edited by XOQueens
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, XOQueens said:

Mika is digging in deeper for Biden on her IG, saying she knows what’s “in his heart.” Leaving aside any sort of Biden judgement, what a dumb ass thing for her to say about anybody, let alone a politician she doesn’t actually intimately know, and from someone who is paid to talk politics (I guess that’s her job?). Top notch analysis and reasoning there, Scoop. Lol

She really is stuck in her childhood. Wasn’t it Carter, for whom her father worked, that committed adultery “in his heart” back in the day?

• Love 2

Has anyone else noticed all the ads for MJ that run in the afternoon/evenings?  Which give credence (I guess) to the fact that they have signed new contracts.  I never noticed their show being pushed all that much lately; until now.

• Love 1

Someone asked about Mika's childhood. Here is what I have read:

I suggest you read her first book, All Things at Once.

Mika was 10 when her dad was appointed NSC. She was involved in several diplomatic incidents during her youth. She spilled hot soup on China's leader Deng Xiaoping's groin when he was eating at their home. He recovered after a short hospital stay.

In 1978 , Mika n early ran over Prime Minister of Israel Menachem Begin at Camp David while driving a golf cart .

Luckily, Begin survived & was able to sign the Camp David Accords.

Mika did poorly academically on the SAT's but was still able to get into William & Mary college. 

She admitted to having the lowest SAT scores of any student admitted to that college. There is a plaque with her SAT score at the College Admissions building.

Dr Z was not happy with that.  He set her up with the son Prime Minister of Lebanon, Gemayel in  the early 1980's. Mika spent the summer in St Tropez with him.

It didn't work out. She came back to the USA.

After college, Mika decided that she liked being on TV , so she went into local news.

She met her first husband Jim Hoffer while working in local tv.

The rest is history.

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika did poorly academically on the SAT's but was still able to get into William & Mary college. 

gosh I can't imagine the strings that were pulled.  

Does she think these stories make her appear to be more charming & likable? 

• Love 2
(edited)

As much as I criticize Joe, I have never seen him reveal that he considered a female on the show as being attractive.

On the other hand, Mika almost slid out of her seat when Russell Brand and Michael Avenatti guested. Along with her decision to pose for a national magazine with her short-skirted bare legs in the air, I think her Brand/Avenatti behavior sheds some light on why they are together constantly. 

Joe was MIA when RB was a guest, Mika thought he was hot and she leaned down for a contrived reason and then played like she was innocent and flustered when he called her out for flashing cleavage. RB is intelligent and highly perceptive and you could see the gears turning in his head as he sized her up and decided that she was shallow and transparent. After she persisted by coyly stroking her water bottle he gave her exactly what she was not-asking for and made her look silly, which is how a confident and uninterested grown man responds when he is being #MeToo-ed. He even said "You need to lose that ring, Mika, cuz it don't mean nothing to ya". That segment is hands down my favorite 9 minutes of this 11-year show.

Mika apologized the next morning, mentioning that she had never received as much vitriol and hatred before while managing to mock RB during the apology. Probably because Joe had ripped her a new one.

IIRC Joe was on set for all except one of Avenatti's appearances and Mika was stiff and guarded because she was overcompensating. Fought the urge to correct her posture, gave in to it, thought "Oh, no" and relaxed it. Was conscious of her gaze, her hands, of herself during every second of his appearance. 

Joe is not blind or stupid. He knows she is capable of infidelity and capable of successfully lying about and hiding infidelity. And now there are concerns and mentions about how men are perceiving her during public appearances? Tsk tsk. It would appear that Joe knows he has a tiger by the tail and he keeps it on a short leash. Perhaps Mr Hoffer regrets not doing the same thing.

Edited by suomi
typo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, suomi said:

Joe was MIA when RB was a guest, Mika thought he was hot and she leaned down for a contrived reason and then played like she was innocent and flustered when he called her out for flashing cleavage. RB is intelligent and highly perceptive and you could see the gears turning in his head as he sized her up and decided that she was shallow and transparent. After she persisted by coyly stroking her water bottle he gave her exactly what she was not-asking for and made her look silly, which is how a confident and uninterested grown man responds when he is being #MeToo-ed. He even said "You need to lose that ring, Mika, cuz it don't mean nothing to ya". That segment is hands down my favorite 9 minutes of this 11-year show.

I had not heard of this incident, so of course I had to peek.  Wow.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, meowmommy said:

I had not heard of this incident, so of course I had to peek.  Wow.

Thank you so much for posting this as I had heard about this segment but never saw it.  Holy cheese and crackers . . . . yikes!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I love love love Russell Brand. He is a rascal, and wicked smart  and he owned the set that morning, didn't he? See what I meant when I suspected that Joe ripped Mika a new one over that? Hoo boy. I also think enhancing her girls was the result of a blow-out over Avenatti which somehow involved  - - -> Stormy's assets. Because Stormy's women are wide and now Mika's are also.  

While I'm at it, and I've been romped on before for being a purist about pronunciation, fair warning that from now on I'm going to pronounce Mika as Mica (Mike-a). If she can say Mare-A-Lago instead of Mar-A-Lago and Wiccapedia instead of Wikipedia and Joe Arpay-o instead of Joe Arpie-o like the rest of the world does ... then I can say Mica. (My mom said I was the problem child).

Mica "Tits" LaRue. Sounds like a stripper name. I crack myself up. 

Edited by suomi
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

From the all-episodes thread:

1 hour ago, Kemper said:

I just saw somewhere (maybe Mediaite?) that Mark Halperin has apologized.  That, along with Meeka's forceful tone on Biden, makes me feel that it won't be long for Halperin to be back on show.  I hope not, but you have to consider the "show family" that Meeka goes on about.

If it's a show family, then poor Willie is the eldest son who wants to have a real life but is stuck taking care of the family while Mom and Dad are off on an extended bender.

MSNBC has a huge stable of talking heads who haven't sexually harassed anyone.  Every time you blink there's a new MSNBC contributor or analyst making the rounds.  Who needs Halperin?  What's the upside for MJ bringing back this guy?  Who's next?  Bill O'Reilly?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I’m sorry, I can’t with these two and their snooty mother drama. 

I had to move my parents from Phoenix to DC solely because that’s where we lived and could keep an eye on them. You do what you have to do to keep your JOB. This Florida shit is total BS. I can’t stand the show when they’re not in studio with everyone else. I happen to think that Joe is very funny, but only when he’s interacting face to face. He and Willie have a really silly dynamic that doesn’t work as a remote. You can’t tell me that CNN (especially Jim Acosta) has less death threats. Somehow everyone else works it out and shows up. This is ridiculous for whoever greenlighted it. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, meowmommy said:

From the all-episodes thread:

If it's a show family, then poor Willie is the eldest son who wants to have a real life but is stuck taking care of the family while Mom and Dad are off on an extended bender.

MSNBC has a huge stable of talking heads who haven't sexually harassed anyone.  Every time you blink there's a new MSNBC contributor or analyst making the rounds.  Who needs Halperin?  What's the upside for MJ bringing back this guy?  Who's next?  Bill O'Reilly?

Don't forget that Harold Ford Jr who was a regular panelist on Morning Joe also lost his job on the show.

Joe retweeted Halperin's interview with Smerconish on Sirius FM. It might be a trial balloon to gauge reaction.

I don't think it would be a good idea for Halperin to return to Morning Joe.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe retweeted Halperin's interview with Smerconish on Sirius FM. It might be a trial balloon to gauge reaction.

But I think they are going to do it. Because apparently no one corporate can tell Joe and Mika no.

• Love 1
(edited)

I would hate to think that Mika's vehemence in supporting Biden is meant to provide a soft landing when Halperin returns to the show - but I believe that the possibility exists because of her unseemly attempts to smooth over Halperin's assaults. She tried to bully his accusers into a face-to-face with her as mediator. 

Biden's behavior and Halperin's behavior can be contrasted and cannot be compared.

That Mika is personally and (one can assume) professionally protected from harm and intrusions when she ventures into the world adds an unpleasant flavor to most of her crusades. 

Edited by suomi
  • Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, oakville said:

Don't forget that Harold Ford Jr who was a regular panelist on Morning Joe also lost his job on the show.

I wonder how John Heileman would feel if his former partner came back? I’ve read that their break-up was bitter. 

Halperin’s victims numbered more than a dozen. And Mika tried to exploit them 1) to help Halperin and 2) to juice ratings: https://money.cnn.com/2017/12/22/media/mika-brzezinski-mark-halperin-victims/index.html

This episode was when I lost all respect for her. Her instinct is always to protect the powerful  man.

Edited by may flowers
  • Love 3
On 4/1/2019 at 7:11 AM, oakville said:

Joe is very protective of MIka & agreed to show up to all her book signings to protect her.

Why? Is she doing photos like this one?

• LOL 1