Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I think Vivian would make a great DCC, she has the dancing and the personality for it and I'm definitely rooting for her again. It's sad to be cut for something you can't really change, but she does look kind of weird in the uniform...
I guess being fan voted into TC is some kind of recognition and if the same girl is the fan favorite two years in a row and still doesn't make it onto the squad that definitely puts the DCC in an akward position. How would they justify not taking her if so many people clearly want her on the team (even if its just family and friends voting over and over again)

(edited)

I don't understand how anyone can fault Vivian for chasing the votes. It would be extremely foolish of her to assume that she will make it to TC just because she did last year. Kelli is forever saying that nothing is guaranteed. Even after you're on the team. It is darn near impossible to join the DCC and Vivian obviously wants it very badly. Why wouldn't she do  anything and everything possible to stack the cards in her favor? I would. Especially if I already knew that the shape of my body was a black mark against me.

Having said that, I would also like to see someone else win, and have those bragging rights. But when the stakes are this high (and you've put as much time and energy into it as she has) it is not the time to be "nice"  and "let" someone else take the lead.

A couple of people have commented that the fan vote puts pressure on Kelli to put the winner on the team and if Vivan wins again, and gets cut again, Kelli will have some 'splainin to do. I couldn't disagree more. Where would that pressure come from? The Cowboys organization has absolute trust in Kelli's judgement, and nobody but Charlotte and the owners could make Kelli put someone on the team if she's decided that person isn't up to snuff.  She's got high standards and she's not going to compromise them, or let anyone "buy"  their way onto the team by virtue of the fan vote. 

Any pressure from the fan base would be minimal. By the time the squad is announced most of the fans have long forgotten who was in the top ten. Or even the top three.  Most people don't care which rookies make the team. Even people in this forum (and on TWOP) have said they don't even remember some of last year's rookies, let alone who got cut and how the vote turned out. People aren't going to stop watching the show, buying calendars, booking the cheerleaders for appearances, bringing their kids to camp dcc, or auditioning for the team because they think the vote is unfair.  Maybe Kelli will get the occasional "I watched the show and you should have put susie on the team" comment. I'm sure she already deals with a certain amount of that, and it has influenced her not at all. 

This is an organization than loves the fact that so many women want this and can't get it. I don't think Kelli enjoys having those individual "tonight is your last night" discussions, but in a general sense, she does get a charge from the fact that her team is so elite and has so many options, they turn people away by the hundreds.  Cutting someone like Vivian who is beautiful, vivacious, and very clearly dedicated to this job only underscores just how difficult it is to make this team. Every cut makes the DCC seem like an even more exclusive club than it already is and the DCC and everyone involved LOVES that.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 2

I agree with most of the posts. I am a Vivian supporter but it's kind of getting a bit annoying (not hating on her) she is giving me Kathryn Dunn this season. No doubt she's tiny and will have to make up for her height (and those thighs) but she may have a chance this year. DCC had a few of their best retire this year. I watched the fan videos and I was so bored except for a few. Vivian may pull a Brittney Schram, Courtney Cook (blonde curly hair) and Alex Hermes this year. Those three did not make it their first round in TC and came back and made the team. We really will see during this season the competition/talent (drama) that Vivian has to compete with. Btw...I feel like Kelli was on the fence on with Vivian...I mean Kaitlyn was granted a spot that could have been Vivian (Judi did not care for Viv...rewatch the season and listen to her comments).

(edited)

Combining veterans and rookies occurs tomorrow (Saturday) after the interviews.   It helps to identify struggling rookies but it also puts a few borderline vets at risk if the rookies are out-dancing them,    

In season 6, finalist Courtney was sitting next to three year vet Melissa during the panel interviews.  In season 8, a few finalists were sitting with one year vets. So, vets and finalists are combine at panel interview time.

Courtney Cook, in my opinion, was put on the team because Kelli liked her.  She was not that great of a dancer. Meagan F. was brought into TC for the third time, but Kelli and Judy were not happy about it. She had the Julia Roberts look going for her. Last year, the judges were not impressed with Danielle.  Kelli and Charlotte felt bad for her so she was brought back.  I do not think Judy was too interested in bringing her back.

Edited by bigskygirl

Fron DCC Facebook:   DCC final panel interviews have concluded. Individual talent presentation and semi-finals combination and kick line are tomorrow. Tomorrow afternoon your 2014 training camp candidates will be announced!

Either that's a typo about "semi-finals combination" or they're changing things around?  Wanted to post the picture that accompanied the post but it wouldn't let me.  Looks like they might have a new judge this year and I didn't see the hair salon guy either.

It seems like last year there was a longer period of time for the fan vote.  This year it seemed like it took longer to post and then there is the annoying camera or sound guy talking through many of the dances.  Needs to tone it down!  It won't be long till it will be revealed!!

(edited)

According to the DCC Facebook page,  the TCCs are supposed to be announced today. If they do that, are they going  to announce the fan vote winner along with the other TCCs? They did that last year. Why make us wait until Monday?

Edited by MrsEVH
(edited)

Drama, suspense or who knows the real reason why we have to wait.  *lol*  Last year they posted a picture of the TCCs, but they did not list the names and rookie candidates were posting on their twitter pages while they were in TC.  Will there be drama like the drama from last year with some of the vets (Courtney and Chelsea, plus the four one year vets who were called out for weight and did not have a cameo picture taken.)

Stay tune for the continuing drama of "How the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Making the Team Turns"

There is only one more hour to go for voting.  Unless there is a major change, Vivian will be going to training camp.

https://twitter.com/DCCheerleaders/status/467703464923893760/photo/1  looks like they are getting ready for solos  (posted on DCC twitter page fifteen minutes ago)

Solo routines started  https://twitter.com/Kelli_Finglass/status/467720685960179712/photo/1

Edited by bigskygirl

http://ultimatecheerleaders.com/2014/05/scenes-from-2014-dallas-cowboys-cheerleader-auditions/   Interesting one of the girls trying out has danced on six teams.

She's a current Texas Legends dancer. Must be hard (and a blow to the ego) to go from cheering for NFL teams (Raiders, 49ers) then go to a D league squad. She probably moved here from CA and hard to start from the bottom again.  Brieana  (current Ice Angel) also tried out for the DCC again  but didn't make it to finals was a SD Charger Girl for a few years. Last year she tried out for the DCC, Mavs, DS Ice Girls, before finally making the Ice Angels.  I guess they just keep going until they finally make a squad.

(edited)

There's a picture on twitter of some guy Cowboys DJ EJ posing with the "returning squad" (as he calls it). From what I can see it looks like mostly veterans. Tried to post a link but it won't work.

Kathryn Dunn tweeted she is waiting for news on Ashley and Mallory so I guess no announcement has been made yet.

Edited by MrsEVH
(edited)

Maybe one of the vets was taking the picture or was doing something else.  30 girls did try out (eight girls retired and Kaitlyn is not trying out again-she was put on restriction for weight gain last November.)

Edited by bigskygirl
(edited)

I only count 29 vets in the pic. Thought 30 were returning?

I counted 29 too. Obviously Kaitlin is not there; could someone else be missing?

What's with Brittany Schramm's (#56) outfit?  It looks like a body shaper (spanx?) over a bodysuit.

Edited by MrsEVH

I have notice articles and even Kelli saying there is 38 girls (not 39) on the team. Kaitlyn was supposedly put on restriction for weight gain last October and has not been performing or going on appearances since then.  The 30 girls who went on the calendar shoot and could be voted for in the 2015 Sideline Calendar are trying out again. I do not know why she still has a twitter account and is still on the DCC website squad page.

(edited)

Last year it seemed like right after the TCCs were announced the twitter accounts for Teri, Collin, and Kali were closed that fast. It's almost like they've got some computer guy on call whose told to close them ASAP. It's probably done right away so the cut girl can't get on there and write nasty comments. Can you imagine if Chelsea's twitter  was still up for a day or two after her cut? She would have had a field day.

Edited by MrsEVH

There has to be a story with Kaitlyn.     If she was cut strictly for weight gain or other rules violation, I think they would have deleted her twitter.  Chelsea was deleted immediately.    But they didn't recognize her at the annual banquet and didn't give her a ring.  Maybe it was medical related and they didn't want to raise questions so they kept it quiet.

(edited)

As far as I know Chelsea still has a personal twitter (I quit following her as soon as she said she wasn't reauditioning).  Last time somebody got cut all I remember is their DCC_Name went away and their original twitter handle appeared in my twitter feed.

ETA....She does

This looks like her first comment after the cut from what I can tell:
Chelsea Chaney ‏@ChelseaEChaney  Jul 3

It's been an honor getting to be a part of this organization, but God has bigger plans for me and I can't wait to find out what they are!

Edited by lscobee

Kelly said in a tweet the Kaitlyn retired and couldn't attend the banquet. Kim couldn't attend the the banquet either. I wonder which vet is misssing from the pic. The article on the DCC website also states that 30 vets are returning.

On the fan vote: It was intended for the fans.  Vivian (as I suspect others did) managed to get family and friends to vote for her (I assume).  That's not a fan vote.  Don't get me wrong, I like her. Her body didn't really bother me.  If her dancing had been flawless, she would have made it, I believe.  But after winning last year, hogging the vote this year is not sitting well with me. 

I cannot wait to hear who got in.  I LOVED the dancer from Vegas.  She was gorgeous and a powerhouse.  Of course I cannot remember her name!

(edited)

Kelly said in a tweet the Kaitlyn retired and couldn't attend the banquet. Kim couldn't attend the the banquet either. I wonder which vet is misssing from the pic. The article on the DCC website also states that 30 vets are returning.

I looked for and found that tweet. Another twitter user asked Kelli who all retired. Kelli replied that Kim and Kaitlin were unable to attend. I didn't see any tweet of Kelli actually saying  that Kaitlin retired.

Edited by MrsEVH

I looked for and found that tweet. Another twitter user asked Kelli who all retired. Kelli replied that Kim and Kaitlin were unable to attend. I didn't see any tweet of Kelli actually saying  that Kaitlin retired.

A user asked Kelly who else retired aside from the 7 in her blog and she answered Kim and Kaitlyn. That is the only mention that I have seen. I think we saw the same tweets. The whole situation is strange.

For some reason, Kaitlyn was able to keep her twitter page and still be on the DCC squad page. I cannot remember if Chelsea was taken off the squad page after she was cut from TC.

(edited)

9 minutes ago - still about to start

https://twitter.com/cheervideogod/status/467847663828733952/photo/1

9:10pm - https://twitter.com/CowboysDJEJ/status/467849623521230849/photo/1

Twitter gone:

Morgan - first one I checked, not surprised

Courtni

They don't waste no time.  Are  they finished announcing?  Any word about Vivian?

EDITED: Vivian made it back:

https://twitter.com/CowboysDJEJ/status/467855089957629952/photo/1

Edited by MrsEVH

I'm glad Morgan is not back. She never looked like a DCC to me. She looked old and over tanned. I figured Alex would be in trouble because she looked like she gained weight. She was always thick, but she looked like she gained in recent pics. I have no clue why Courtni would get the boot though. She didn't stand out in one way or another to me.

(edited)

Is that a smaller group of girls?  Maybe it's just the angle the picture was taken at.

So 3 didn't make back this year, 3 last year, and 4 in 2011. Seems like it's getting harder for vets to make it back; not like in the earlier seasons where most of them did.

Edited by MrsEVH

43? girls made it to TC (27 vets, 16 candidates)  Mallory, Ashley M., and Vivian made to TC  Who are the other TC candidates

Morgan probably got cut for bad dancing, harsh looking   Alex-weight gain  Courtni-bad solo or interview?

I wonder why the girls who got cut are already gone but the girls who retired are still there. Even Kaitlin who hasn't been spotted since November or something.

I think I see Alexandra  (back row, next to Ashley N) from the Ice Angels but don't see Yijiao.

Trying to figure whose the girl in the front row, 3rd from left has her head turned so all you see is her hair.