Type keyword(s) to search

The Starling City Times: News and Media about Arrow

Grammaeryn
  • Start Topic

What does that mean though? OTA? Oliver killing people and having more time in the field and badass stunts?

I'm pretty sure he meant Oliver's stunts. Which makes the question that followed all the more hilarious!
(edited)

As previously reported, TV critic Laura Hurley co-hosted a panel on superheroes and shipping at Wizard World's Cleveland Comic Con this past weekend.  Here's her report from Day 1 (the day before her panel) where she writes about looking to see if they had Felicity's funko pop...

Day 1 of Wizard World Cleveland
Feb 26, 2016 6:50 pm
http://laurawritesabout.tumblr.com/post/140054471796/day-1-of-wizard-world-cleveland

We then walked the floor for a little bit to get our bearings and see what was going on. There were Funko Pops everywhere, so we went on a mission to see if Felicity Smoak was represented at all. As it turns out?
She is indeed. A couple of vendors had Felicitys, so if you’re going to Wizard World Cleveland and are dying for a Felicity Funko, she’s definitely around. There’s now one less available, but I’m a sucker for souvenirs, and she’s adorable.
Edited by tv echo
(edited)

TV Fanatic round table discussion of 415 (incidentally,  "Jay" is Jay Ruymann - the same guy who wrote all those articles defending Laurel on UntitledTV.com)...

Arrow Round Table: Team Oliver or Team Felicity?
Carissa Pavlica at March 1, 2016 3:00 pm
http://www.tvfanatic.com/2016/03/arrow-round-table-team-oliver-or-team-felicity/

Are you pro-Oliver or pro-Felicity when it comes to their relationship drama? Why?
Caralynn
: This whole relationship drama is stupid and contrived, but I'm pro-Felicity. She handled herself with poise and civility when breaking up with Oliver, just as we suspected – tabling her emotions until the William situation was solved. I assume the remainder of the season will be the two of them finding their way back to one another. Something needs to change, though, and Oliver needs to let her in more going forward instead of being an emotional brick wall.
Jay: I'm pro-Oliver. It wasn't his place to tell Felicity about his son. In order to get to know him, he had to do what Samantha asked of him. Felicity acted childish about his situation, but I do understand why she felt she needed to break off the engagement.
Hank: Not sure how Olicity fans feel now, but I knew this is what would happen once the two became "official." There's no drama in happily ever after. It was awful that pretty much everyone knew about William except Felicity. She handled herself beautifully, and I definitely found myself taking her side. Oliver does not deserve her.
Meg: I am a little bit of both. I thought that Oliver should have told her. His argument didn't really pan out because a bunch of other people already knew. That last scene where she hears/sees him recording a deeply heartfelt message to his son about why he can't be in his life and then decides that's the moment to break up with him was a bit harsh. He was already crushed and she could see that. I don't think this is the end for them, but they for sure need a break to work some stuff out.
Carissa: I'm pro-Felicity. Oliver had to lie to one woman in his life. He chose the wrong woman. While it was silly to lie to either one (for shame on Samantha for even demanding it), it would have been much easier to lie to Samantha in the long run anyway. He spends no time with her. None of it made sense. I'm saddened by the entire course of events. Nobody wins, not the characters nor the viewers.

What are your overall feelings of the William story now that it's wrapped?
Caralynn
: ".... That's it?" is how I'd basically sum up my feelings. He was hardly there, we hardly heard about him, Oliver didn't actually seem to get to know William at all (the whole point of keeping him a secret from everyone??), and now he's gone. This could have been an interesting storyline that deepened Oliver as a character, but instead it was clearly just a plot device, a vehicle to drive the Olicity breakup and manufacture drama. They seriously dropped the ball on that.
Jay: I agree with Caralynn. That's it? It seemed like the story could've been made into something much more.
Hank: For me, the setup was much more clever than the way the storyline wrapped up. As Caralynn says, William was definitely a plot device and nothing more. That said, Oliver's video message to William brought tears to my eyes. It's amazing how much Stephen Amell has grown as an actor over the years. I also loved that the kid traded in his Flash for a Green Arrow doll. That was a nice touch.
Meg: I don't think it's the end of William. They spent so much time building this and developing Oliver's paternal side that this can't be the end. He will be back or he will show up in another area of this universe. Maybe he'll be on Legends of Tomorrow as a future version of William, which would be cool. I just don't think they can close out that story just yet. Oliver may plan to stay away for the good of his son, but I don't think he really will. It's not like him.
Carissa: I'm in total agreement with Caralynn. It was a plot device. We didn't even get to see Oliver grow from being a father. It was all contrived and for nothing. Anything could have broken up Oliver and Felicity and it would have been the same.
Other thoughts on "Taken"?
Caralynn
: Malcolm needs to go. Oliver needs to deal with him, one way or another, because his continued presence is ridiculous. Also ridiculous: Felicity can suddenly walk again midway through her breakup with Oliver. The cheesy factor there was out of control. Also unrealistic because she hasn't walked at all in weeks so wouldn't she be all stumbly??
She leaned on a pillar for a second and then walked out like she hadn't just been in a wheelchair all that time? WTF? And she just leaves the wheelchair in Oliver's apartment? So many questions. Like, metaphorically I get it, but it was so, so silly.
Jay: Thank goodness for Thea standing up to Malcolm. I agree again, the whole walking again situation was ridiculous. It takes weeks of physical therapy to be able to walk normally again, you're not just suddenly able to walk. The entire paralysis story was horribly written and the writers should have thought about it as more than an obstacle.
It would've been amazing for some disabled fans to see their favorite character in a wheelchair and have her deal with the struggles that they do, every day. I'm beyond disappointed in the writers.
Hank: Curtis' little chip finally kicked in, no? I didn't think much of it, since it was obvious Felicity was about to stand up and walk away. This is a show with metahumans and magic now, so I assumed the chip was responsible. Man, I seriously hope Merlyn is the one in the grave. I despise the character so damn much, that even Barrowman's acting is bugging the hell out of me.
Meg: I agree, Merlyn needs to GO! I love the actor but he has played out every version of Merlyn. He was bad, he was good, he was the creepy guy in the corner, he was bad again. Lets move on and get some new trouble makers in Star City.
Carissa: Bless all of your hearts for expecting reality. You're wondering how Felicity could walk just out of a wheelchair, but I don't remember the same arguments when Thea or Sara popped put of the Lazarus Pit like a leapfrog. Arrow is a live action cartoon. They carry anvils and round black balls with wicks and Acme written on the side. Nobody recognizes Oliver in a hood, Laurel in a Halloween mask. It's OK!

Edited by tv echo

Jay: I'm pro-Oliver. It wasn't his place to tell Felicity about his son. In order to get to know him, he had to do what Samantha asked of him. Felicity acted childish about his situation, but I do understand why she felt she needed to break off the engagement.

So, she's childish, but you understand where she's coming from. 'Kay!

• Love 2

So, she's childish, but you understand where she's coming from. 'Kay!

I wonder what happened in this past week to make him see the light! Last week he said " I don't see where she's coming from if she's upset" or something like that, haha. Baby steps :D

The TV Fanatic crowd taking Felicity's side? I might keel over from shock. 

Jay was the one who said last week that Felicity "had no place" to know about Oliver's secret kid. I bet part of why he's even conceding that he "understands why she felt she needed to break off the engagement" is that he's just happy they broke up.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm just shocked that I agree with Carissa. Isn't she the one who asked those awful questions to EBR at SDCC? I thought she hated Felicity. LOL.

Edited by Guest

I'm just shocked that I agree with Carissa. Isn't she the one who asked those awful questions to EBR at SDCC? I thought she hated Felicity. LOL.

She did. She has also always been very pro Laurel if I'm not wrong and here she said she wears a Halloween mask. LOL, no idea what happened but I'm glad whatever her personal feelings are she didn't take Oliver's side in this contrived mess.

Carissa: Bless all of your hearts for expecting reality. You're wondering how Felicity could walk just out of a wheelchair, but I don't remember the same arguments when Thea or Sara popped put of the Lazarus Pit like a leapfrog. Arrow is a live action cartoon. They carry anvils and round black balls with wicks and Acme written on the side. Nobody recognizes Oliver in a hood, Laurel in a Halloween mask. It's OK!

Who is this woman and what did they do with the other Carissa?

First she sides with Felicity, and now she calls out the hypocrisy of accepting comic book standards for masked characters and expecting reality for others.  Good for her.

• Love 11

That idea that a stepparent doesn't have the right to know their stepkid exists, even though they'd be liable for child support and responsible for the kid in many other ways, is too dumb to deserve a response. Utterly and totally idiotic.

• Love 8

I think this is what happens when the writers give us the most predictable, contrived & cliched relationship break/stall via a poorly written BMD plot device. I will give the writers credit, the stupidity of their plot and their egotistical need to double down on it finally unified viewers & reviewers alike across the aisles. I don't think there was any portion of the Arrow Fandom that enjoyed these plot devices. 

OQ preached UNITED as his theme for SC. Who knew the writers were aiming for the same thing? We are basically all united in the fact that the BMD was a contrived piece of crappy plot devices.

• Love 9

In reality if you're living with your partner but not married for six months you're seen as common law. So all these people who are pro-Oliver I hope they never have their partner keep a secret child from them.

Common Law is more than six months, it's usually 10-20 years. It's also not recognized in a lot of states. However keeping a secret child from someone you are in a serious relationship is a stupid idea. The way it was presented in Arrow extremely stupid. If it was about protecting the kid that's one thing. Just listening the baby mama to see the kid. Take her ass to court, legally she has no backing. Oliver's the kid's father he has a right to see his kid without a stupid stipulation like that. Oliver's also a dumbass for thinking he should keep that from the woman he intended to marry. How many times does he need to learn that keeping secrets will always come back and bite you? 

• Love 3
(edited)

It's sad how much this show has highlighted the underlying importance of ranking in blended families.  I always thought that family is all about inclusion even blended ones, but the intricacies and hierarchy of who has rights to be involved in any given situation or the feelings of all involved seem to divide so many people.  I know that all things family are understandably messy and complicated, but I do hope that IRL, with the exception of extenuating circumstances, girlfriends/boyfriends or stepparents and such are accepted/valued more than they are in the show...just because they joined the family later or not biologically linked doesn't make them any less important.  I hope that members of blended families IRL don't take this part of the show to heart because people can love each other just as much even if they are not biologically linked - they shouldn't feel like outsiders because they don't share DNA.

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 8

I know that all things family are understandably messy and complicated, but I do hope that IRL, with the exception of extenuating circumstances, girlfriends/boyfriends or stepparents and such are accepted/valued more than they are in the show...just because they joined the family later or not biologically linked doesn't make them any less important.  

If it helps at all, I've had a stepmother for nearly my whole life (no affair, my dad met her pretty quickly after divorcing my mom, though), and I probably like her more than either of my regular parents. She's very kind. 

In reality if you're living with your partner but not married for six months you're seen as common law. So all these people who are pro-Oliver I hope they never have their partner keep a secret child from them.

I'm mean enough to feel the exact opposite. I absolutely hope they get married and find out later their spouse has a kid. And then I hope they have to pay a lot of money in child support. Stupidity has a price, or at least it should.

• Love 6
(edited)

Wouldn't it be Felicity who has to pay though? She's the one with a job.

Common law here kicks in at 2 years. After that, it doesn't matter if there was a wedding or not, everything gets split.

Oliver's also a dumbass for thinking he should keep that from the woman he intended to marry. How many times does he need to learn that keeping secrets will always come back and bite you? 

How many seasons is the show going to run?

Edited by statsgirl

Common law marriages depend on the jurisdiction In my state, it's seven years, and you have too represent yourself as married. It doesn't just kick in after a certain amount of time.

Wouldn't it be Felicity who has to pay though? She's the one with a job.

In general, child support is calculated according to the needs of the child AND the paying parents' income. Their TOTAL income, meaning including a spouse. SO, a court would calculate all Spawn's needs, and then do some kind of multiplier according to Oliver's AND FELICITY'S income. Since Oliver has no job, the money would come out of Felicity's pocket. Frankly even if Oliver did have a job, 100% of his income is unlikely to cover it. When billionaires pay child support, they pay a LOT of child support. Like $50k/month "a lot." PLUS, even though Baby Mama's a lying sack of crap, child support is for the kid, who's innocent, so there's a very good chance BM would get BACK child support in at least some states. So, we'll go low end and say $10k/month, 12 months/year, 10 years. Probably with some interest. That is $1.2 MILLION GD DOLLARS. Do NOT tell me she doesn't have the damn right to know about the dumb kid.

And it's not just money. For example, as a general rule there's no duty to risk your life for someone. Like if you see someone drowning in a lake, you have no legal duty to save them. However, if it's your kid, your duty of care is higher. That often includes STEP-PARENTS. Felicity has all kinds of responsibilities as that kid's step-parent, so it is utter and complete HORSE SHIT to say she has no right to know he exists. I mean that's putting aside the general "We're getting MARRIED, DUMBASS, of COURSE I should know that kind of thing about you!" I mean I don't want kids. I might not marry a guy with kids. That is totally my right. The fact that we all know she'd marry him anyway IN NO WAY changes the fact that it's HER choice to make.

God people are misogynistic assholes. If Felicity had hidden a kid from Oliver, they'd be calling her all kinds of names. Western civilization has a long way to go on this crap.

• Love 14

Common law [well, it's called Stable Union] here kicks in automatically if you're DATING someone seriously [there's no minimal time frame, all you need is a committed relationship]. You don't even have to live together.

(edited)

Common law [well, it's called Stable Union] here kicks in automatically if you're DATING someone seriously [there's no minimal time frame, all you need is a committed relationship]. You don't even have to live together.

That sounds legit nightmarish. Like I may have actual nightmares. There've been a couple guys I dated when I was young and dumb, and they were hot, that I would REALLY hate to have been married to.

In the U.S. it's more common in the southern U.S., and overall I'd guess recognized less than it is recognized.

Per Wikipedia: (Alabama, Colorado, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Iowa, Montana, Utah, and Texas) and the District of Columbia. New Hampshire recognizes common-law marriage for purposes of probate only, and Utah recognizes common-law marriages only if they have been validated by a court or administrative order.

Edited by AyChihuahua

Common law marriage was abolished in my state (Minnesota) in 1941 but apparently it still recognizes common law marriages legal in other states.  Interesting rabbit hole to go down.   

(edited)

Common law marriage was abolished in my state (Minnesota) in 1941 but apparently it still recognizes common law marriages legal in other states.  Interesting rabbit hole to go down.   

States recognizing other states' marriages is the norm. It's the Full Faith and Credit Clause of the Constitution. The typical exceptions are gross stuff, e.g., if marrying a 13-year-old is legal in one state it might not be recognized in another. (The more official terminology is "against public policy," rather than my rather colloquial "EWWWWWW!")

Law nerd.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 4

Where is this?

That sounds legit nightmarish. Like I may have actual nightmares. There've been a couple guys I dated when I was young and dumb, and they were hot, that I would REALLY hate to have been married to.

Everyone used to think it would never work, but it does? You still need to go to court to prove a stable union in money issues, or child custody, but it's super useful for getting health care family packages, or even cell phone family plans, for example.

Where is this?

Brazil.

• Love 1

God people are misogynistic assholes. If Felicity had hidden a kid from Oliver, they'd be calling her all kinds of names. Western civilization has a long way to go on this crap.

Not to mention that Samantha is somehow above any criticism because she is a /mother/.
  • Love 10

On a lighter note, Laura Hurley's report from Day 2 of Cleveland Comic Con...

Day 2 of Wizard World Cleveland
Mar 1, 2016 8:55 pm
http://laurawritesabout.tumblr.com/post/140305448501/day-2-of-wizard-world-cleveland

For any who know me and are surprised to see me smiling in a picture, this was indeed me and not Earth 2 Laura. And yes, I’m wearing a “You Have Failed This City” shirt. The friend who I peer pressured into watching Arrow got it for me. Anyway, we did have to work out how to get our slide show set up, so we took a break from taking pictures of each other. Unfortunately, we had a few minutes before a Wizard World worker could come to help us with our cords, so…we had time for selfies.
We went through our list of points – I talked about character with a few side comments about The X-Files, Cor covered social media terms, I busted out my Harry Potter and Iliad/Odyssey references to explain the importance of heroes having a “Big Love,” Cor covered the “love triangle made for two” of Superman/Lois Lane/Clark Kent, and we bantered back in forth so well that I didn’t even regret that I didn’t pull a Mr. Collins from Pride & Prejudice and write out a bunch of jokes ahead of time. I also got to say “malarkey” a couple of times, and who doesn’t love getting to use the word “malarkey?”

tumblr_inline_o3e20oJ1oe1t4aid1_500.png

• Love 1
(edited)

If you go to link, the article includes a short video clip of JDJ practising his Connor Hawke moves (shooting an arrow)...

Joseph David-Jones Talks Connor Hawke's Future & His Role in Allegiant
Kayti Burt 3/1/2016 at 5:20PM
http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/legends-of-tomorrow/253385/joseph-david-jones-talks-connor-hawkes-future-his-role-in-allegiant

And had you watched any of the Arrow-verse before that?
I had not, and I didn't know what the tone of the shows were like. I asked them when we were doing it — because they have three shows now, but the tone for Arrow is very different from the tone for Flash — and I had seen episodes of The Flash so I didn't know if it was going to be like that or if it was going to be darker or what.
So I asked them and they said, 'The [episode] before that was a little bit lighter a little bit more comical. When we get to your episode, and you bring us back to Star City, you bring us back into this tone that is like Arrow.' That's why if you see that episode, the tone shifts back to Arrow season 2 or season 1.

Yeah, it's very dark. There are a lot of things on fire. But there's so much implied backstory. The episode feels like it could launch its own show, you know if you could clone Stephen Amell.
Everyone has been saying that. They're like, 'Please make Arrow Beyond. Link up with Terry McGinnis.'
What did you think of the decision to make Connor Diggle's son? And how did that inform your take on the character?
Once I found out he was Diggle's son, I watched the show. Diggle's very, very military-oriented. He grew up that way. I wanted to have that aspect to him. I think a lot of people lost it when [Connor] goes, 'Copy that,' because Diggle says that so much ... I wanted it to be like he is in his own sort of war, in a sense. Kind of out of respect for his father, try to be like him and his hero when he was younger, which is the Green Arrow.
But you obviously did get to film with Stephen Amell. What was that like?
Stephen was awesome, man. And he was just joking around most of the time with his bionic arm. He was hilarious. And he kept telling me about all of the other stuff I could kind of expect from the arrow, as well as different tips. I don't know if you realize this, [but] a lot of the scenes where we're holding this bow, even though it's a lighter draw weight, we are holding this bow that's like 25 pounds draw weight that we're just holding back.
So we'll have scenes where it's like seven minutes, and I'm just standing there, holding the bow, and my arm's about to fall off. And he was just like, 'Oh, yeah. No. Arrow season 1, that is exactly how it was.' And, his new bow, it locks into place, so he can hold it there, and there's no draw weight on it ... He knew, man. He was like, 'Trust me. I've been doing this Arrow thing for a while.'
I think the big question that a lot of viewers had after watching this episode is: Will we get to see Connor Hawke in the Arrow-verse again?
I don't know, man. It's all up to where the writers and producers want to go with it. Things have been hinted at towards me, but I can't say anything for sure. We just gotta hope that this isn't the last time we've seen Connor Hawke.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6

I do like his scenario for getting John Jr./Connor to 2016. I really approve making him Dig's son. It keeps GA in the family and it avoids whitewashing the character.

• Love 15

Dream casting a remake of The Princess Bride (with some slight tweaks) - this writer picks EBR to play Buttercup!...

The Princess Bride Remake: A Terrible Idea?
By Kay Harding ⋅ Posted on March 1st, 2016 at 11:11pm
http://moviepilot.com/posts/3805473

First and foremost, The Princess Bride herself: Buttercup.
Originally portrayed by Robin Wright, she’s a proud, outspoken farm girl who loses her true love. When a prince chooses her for his bride, she agrees to marry him despite her lack of affection for him because she believes she will never be happy again either way. (Not that he would have given her a choice if she’d said no.)

Our choice: Emily Bett Rickards.
She’s certainly beautiful enough to catch the eye of farm boys and prince’s alike. She’s proven in her role as Felicity Smoak on the CW’s Arrow that she can play a strong outspoken woman to perfection. If her character were given a little more to do then watch the ROUS’s attacking her true love and then poking it with a stick, she could easily transform the character into a strong female, without having to make her an action hero.

• Love 8

I'm forever amused that the actor Joseph David-Jones has the same initials as his counterpart John Diggle, Jr. Yes, I am easily amused and distracted by shiny things. I would probably get along well with Spawn.

• Love 10

I'm forever amused that the actor Joseph David-Jones has the same initials as his counterpart John Diggle, Jr. Yes, I am easily amused and distracted by shiny things. I would probably get along well with Spawn.

Do you like to color tho?

I'm forever amused that the actor Joseph David-Jones has the same initials as his counterpart John Diggle, Jr. Yes, I am easily amused and distracted by shiny things. I would probably get along well with Spawn.

You can sit and color with him for hours, until a one-armed man he's never met comes to take him away, and he cheerfully accedes.

• Love 2

Do you like to color tho?

Occasionally. I can even stay inside the lines. Mostly.

You can sit and color with him for hours, until a one-armed man he's never met comes to take him away, and he cheerfully accedes.

I'll wave as they disappear out the window. I mean, it's not like it's weird for this kid to have a random adult come hang out with him. Mom's already laid that pavement. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Another JDJ interview...

Interview: Joseph David-Jones Discusses Connor Hawke's 'Legends Of Tomorrow' Appearance And 'Allegiant'
By Robin Burks, Tech Times | February 29, 11:29 AM
http://www.techtimes.com/articles/137407/20160229/interview-joseph-david-jones-discusses-connor-hawkes-legends-of-tomorrow-appearance-and-allegiant.htm

Although David-Jones only shot one episode with the cast of Legends of Tomorrow, he also got to do several scenes with Arrow's Stephen Amell, who guest-starred on that episode. David-Jones offered a little insight into what working with this "legendary" cast was like.

"Stephen was like hilarious," said David-Jones. "The whole time. We only shot for a few days together, but he was so welcoming and just fun to be around. Everybody else was super cool, fun and welcoming. Most of the time I was working with Sara, Caity Lotz. She was super awesome. Everybody was really really awesome. Working with Arthur [Darvill]: he's hilarious."

Almost everyone in the cast is really a lot of fun, but like Arthur [Darvill] and I were playing guitar one day, just goofing around, Bran [brandon Routh] is like rapping. Everything was like that: it was such a fun set."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

No, no, no....there is no need to mess with perfection.  That movie is timeless just leave it alone...damn you Hollywood!

Thankfully for now it's all just a fan boy's spec.

I don't think anyone could top the acting in that movie.  Redoing it just to update the special effects isn't worth it. 

• Love 1

If they want to get more money from Princess Bride, I wish they would just re-release it on an anniversary or something. Maybe they can add some new tech to the existing film. I would find it very hard to see how any live-action actors can do better than that original ensemble.

If they wanted to do an animated version, at least that would be something different. But I have to agree it is INCONCEIVABLE that anyone would want to take on remake of that classic and furthermore that they would succeed at it.

• Love 1

Amazing we are already talking about the upfronts.  Part of me feels like the season just got started.

And part of me feels like it will neeeevvvvveeeerrr end. 

• Love 2
(edited)

More hilarious #laurawritesarrow from Laura Hurley (I quoted the 10 funniest, but you can read the rest at https://twitter.com/lah9891)...

Laura Hurley ‏@lah9891  13h13 hours ago
OQ: "...and then I spent months lying to her while she planned our future."
Cupid: "I don't want to stalk you anymore."
#laurawritesarrow
OQ:"Felicity broke up with me."
TQ:"But why?"
OQ:"I kinda need more than 140 characters for all her justifiable reasons."
#laurawritesarrow
LL: "Do you ever miss--"
OQ: "I DON'T MISS FELICITY! I JUST LIKE SINGING 'ALL BY MYSELF!"
LL: "--your target?"
OQ: "Oh."
#laurawritesarrow
TQ:"I burned all your pictures of Felicity--"
OQ: "OMG WTF!"
TQ:"--onto a CD."
OQ:"Why would you SAY it like that?!?"
#laurawritesarrow
TQ: "How are you gaining weight?"
OQ: "I only know how to cook for 2."
TQ: "Well, this got depressing super fast."
#laurawritesarrow
Laura Hurley ‏@lah9891  12h12 hours ago
OQ: "Here's your lunch!"
FS: "We broke up, and you're still making me lunch?"
OQ: "Is that weird?"
#laurawritesarrow
JD: "There was smoke everywhere!"
OQ (from corner): "Smoak? Felicity Smoak? I love Felicity."
JD: "Dude, people DIED."
#laurawritesarrow
FS: "What's that sound?"
OQ: "My biological clock ticking."
JD: "..."
TQ: "..."
LL: "..."
OQ: "Did I say that out loud?"
#laurawritesarrow
FS: "Oliver, this shirtlessness is beneath you!"
OQ: "..."
FS: "Oliver!"
OQ: "Sorry. Nanda Parbat flashback."
#laurawritesarrow
TQ: "Were you just flashing back about Nanda Parbat?"
OQ: "Yep."
TQ: "Did you finish?"
OQ: "I'd say we both did."
#laurawritesarrow
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5

Huh?!...

Arrow: 5 Reasons Season 4 Has Jumped The Shark
March 3rd, 2016 | by Fanny Pack
http://comiconverse.com/arrow-5-reasons-season-4-jumped-shark-8640

I’ve been a huge fan of Felicity and Oliver since the beginning. I cried when Oliver gave Felicity his fake “I love you” speech in the former Queen mansion. Felicity is the smartest person in the room, and usually she’s also the most reasonable. She’s strong and supportive; a rock for everyone on Team Arrow. So why have the writers given her material that results in her not giving Oliver the benefit of the doubt and not following her own advice to her mother about Detective Lance? This trend in her character began when Felicity, and frankly everyone else on Team Arrow, could not forgive Oliver for having a plan to deal with Ra’s al Ghul that he didn’t include them on. I got over that infraction because it seemed to work itself out fairly quickly; it’s the later issues that have really bugged me. Felicity and Oliver are engaged and we all view them as soulmates. So it would seem as though now, more than ever, Felicity should know what Oliver is made of and that he only thinks about the safety of those he cares about. What we have seen in season four now are several instances where Felicity demonstrates baseless doubt, feelings of betrayal, and a willingness to walk away over a single small conflict. This is not the Olicity I’m used to seeing in my Tumblr stream. This is a weird trivial version of Olicity that I simply do not like. All I can say is: change it back, please. (P.S. Felicity’s ring finger is clearly bare four months from now, see below)
  • Love 1

Even shelfing the "small conflict" and "baseless doubt" where are these several instances? I'm afraid to go check what the other four reasons are. Malcolm not getting enough TLC?

• Love 2