Type keyword(s) to search

The Starling City Times: News and Media about Arrow

Grammaeryn
  • Start Topic

As a very casual viewer of the Flash, I'm totally perplexed why EBR was ever asked about Barry's relationships with anyone not named Felicity or Oliver. She's not a regular or even semi-regular on the Flash, so I'm not sure why viewers of either the Flash or Arrow would care what EBR/Felicity thinks about potential Barry ships.  /scratches head....looks confused.

If only EBR would have brought out some snark and answered 'The only ship Felicity is thinking about is her with Oliver on ARROW. A-R-R-O-W...ARRROW.  Felicity's best friends are on ARROW. Ask me about ARROW.  Actually, I think Felicity does wonder about Barry and Oliver..."

I'm probably just a bitter Arrow-girl that is tired of the Flash and Ray pimping at the expense of Oliver and ARROW.

She actually did bring Oliver and Felicity into the conversation.

I can understand why she would be asked about the Flash Ships. It's a connected universe and Felicity and Barry are established buddies. EBR plays one half of the most talked about CW couple and she is the leading lady of Flarrow (IMO). I get why they would ask her.

I agree with most of DR's theories except for his reason for LL staying alive. The show never really gave a damn about Lance's feelings until they needed him to become the antagonist again in season 3.

Edited by lemotomato

I agree with most of DR's theories except for his reason for LL staying alive. The show never really gave a damn about Lance's feelings until they needed him to become the antagonist again in season 3.

I agree but that made me laugh though. The only reason he could think of was 'Aww, poor Lance.' LMAO. Sorry! 

What I love is most of his answers are stuff we've discussed here.

It can't be Felicity, Oliver wouldn't be able to function if it was Felicity.

Can't be Lance, Oliver doesn't care that much about Lance.

Can't be Diggle, they wouldn't break up the bromance. Diggle is too important to Oliver.

Can't be Thea, she's the only family he has left.

He came up with a unique reason for Laurel. I don't think anyone here ruled Laurel out just because it would destroy Lance. Ironically I swore that they wouldn't kill Sara in S2 because that would be too cruel to Lance.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 6

I agree but that made me laugh though. The only reason he could think of was 'Aww, poor Lance.' LMAO. Sorry! 

I had to re-read to catch that...you're right, the stuff about Laurel coming into her own as BC/being an important person in Oliver's life was the writer, not DR. 

All of this thoughts had to do with the characters relationships with other characters. He can't see Felicity dead because of her relationship with Oliver. Thea because that is Olivers only living family and Lance because he doesn't think there would be that much emotion.

I had to re-read to catch that...you're right, the stuff about Laurel coming into her own as BC/being an important person in Oliver's life was the writer, not DR. 

The writer tends to be pro-Laurel, doesn't really care about Felicity, and doesn't like Olicity. It sometimes comes out in her writing. 

• Love 2

The writer tends to be pro-Laurel, doesn't really care about Felicity, and doesn't like Olicity. It sometimes comes out in her writing. 

She's also notorious for reporting incorrectly and guessing things but printing them as facts. She's pretty terrible. 

Even as she brought it up, she had to qualify that relationship-- "With Laurel finally coming into her own as the Black Canary, an important figure in Ollie’s life in the comics". Pretty much come across as admitting LL has no connection to Oliver on the show. (Oh look, an "Ollie" reference!)

• Love 12

She's also notorious for reporting incorrectly and guessing things but printing them as facts. She's pretty terrible. 

She's the worst. I remember how she "reported" that Ray hired Felicity to be his EA in early season 3. One of the few times I felt sorry for MG having to deal with fan backlash.

She's the worst. I remember how she "reported" that Ray hired Felicity to be his EA in early season 3. One of the few times I felt sorry for MG having to deal with fan backlash.

That was good but, nothing beats her pre-S2 article claiming

Oliver and Felicity fans may get super excited by the new Arrow promo!

Even though Laurel (Katie Cassidy) and Oliver (Stephen Amell) are clearly getting hot and heavy in Season 2, it seems like Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) is Oliver's new damsel in distress — and that's awesome. Could there be a chance for the twosome? Check out an exclusive sneak peek at the new Arrow promo below

The promo she talked about was Thea and Roy making out in Verdant... LOL

http://www.tvguide.com/news/arrow-season2-video-1071523/

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 20

To be clear, this article is talking about the fictional tv characters (not the actors)...

From Arrow To The O.C - 21 TV Couples We Wish Were Together IRL

By Heather Snowden ⋅ Posted on November 25th, 2015 at 10:25am

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3653580?lt_source=external,manual

Pretty decent list... although the only one I would disagree with is Bill & Sookie, that was all the actors real life chemistry. On the show, the characters were not right for each other at all. I think they loved each other, but it never would have worked even if you remove the Vampire component.

• Love 2

Yay! Finally someone is joining me on my little Barry and Linda ship!  I thought that was going to be even lonelier than my I LOVE ALL THE MOTORCYCLE STUNTS AND THE MOTORCYCLE JOUSTING LAST SEASON WAS ONE OF THE BEST THINGS EVER rock, which often seems like more of a pebble or a just a grain of sand. At least on this board.

FTR - I'm part of the Motorcycling Stunt ship, pass me a paddle!

The Barry/Linda - Meh gonna stay landside on that one. I like Linda, but I like her friends with BA not as lovers.... Does anyone else wonder if BA is perhaps too much of a minuteman, that perhaps that explains some of this?

You know better.  Do not talk about each other.  Do not talk about fans.

Stay on topic.  Be civil.

Some posts have been removed.

This is your last warning.  Next time not only will posts disappear without warning, but warnings will be handed out.

Now here's a cat dressed as a turkey.

g2Ksz7L.jpg

• Love 5

I'm more surprised at their wording... Felicity a distraction to Oliver? That made me scoff considering Felicity is the reason Oliver stayed back in Star City and the reason Oliver even suited up again. How is she a distraction when she keeps him focused on the mission and not make reckless mistakes like working with Darhk and taking down HIVE from within? 

How stupid. 

• Love 12

Relationships = soap opera and blah blah blah. The fact that Oliver and Felicity being together this season has only played out in the background and not affected the main plot in 5 out of 7 episodes doesn't mean anything, apparently.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 10

Maybe he just wanted to see what the numbers would actually be. It's the same sample set that is likely voting in both questions, so maybe he can settle his own personal idea of what the percentages would breakdown as...

Also Clickbait :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That Matt guy doesn't really like Felicity so it's not surprising. Plus it gets people talking which is all they want.

Editing to say I didn't like how she's supposedly a distraction though. Apparently only women can be distractions. EYE ROLL.

Edited by Guest

Click bait.  He's really reaching for it if the worst he can say about her is that she's a distraction.

Laurel is currently 31% pro, 69% tagalong.  It's easy to forget that she does have a fanbase.

Percentage mean nothing when you don't have the hard numbers of how many people voted!

• Love 1

TV Line has actually provided some pretty good Olicity scoops and interviews featuring Emily, Stephen, David, etc. And Vlada Gelman and Michael Ausiello have been nothing but gushing when it comes to Felicity and Olicity. It's just Matt Mitovich really who seems to resent that Laurel (and/or Katie Cassidy) didn't take off as a character and tries to frame Felicity in a not-so-flattering light, throwing some subtle and not-so-subtle shade here and there and becoming really defensive when called out on it. 

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 12

I think he hates the feuds that break out in the comments section.  He's the one spoiling most of the Arrow stuff and reviewing the episodes with the EPs so he has to read all that.

He's pretty fed up with the hate on the Castle articles too, but what are you going to do?  Most people hate this season.

He's got Laurel there too:

Valued, impassioned team member  32.26

Recklessly in-training tagalong  67.74.

Neither Felicity nor Laurel is close, unlike Gabby (Chicago Fire) or Amelia (GA) who really are polarizing..

• Love 1

Matt used to strike me as pretty pro-Felicity/Olicity, back in early season two. But I think he also likes Laurel/KC, and I think he hasn't been as happy with the fandom since that time he got into it in the comments over the pics of Laurel using Oliver's bow.

I do think he gets frustrated with the more aggressive fandoms. I remember he really got upset with the Bring Back Cote section of the NCIS fandom for one of the stunts they pulled.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2

I think he's part of a breed of entertainment journos who resents fandom A LOT. He's not the only one, there are a bunch of them covering not just tv, even. But until a few years ago, they used to be the only ones bridging the gap between creatives and fandom. They had some power over fandom because they had complete control over how and when to release information.

...And then came social media and erased the gap between fandom and creatives. And then the entertainment industry realized fandom could help them with a whole lot of advertising. And then fandom became the world's most annoying detective collective. Which made the guys who were known for having all the "scoops" way less relevant.

I mean, it's gotta sting, I get it. But not really fandom's fault that the gates were opened. Age of the geek, baby.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 9

Matt used to strike me as pretty pro-Felicity/Olicity, back in early season two. But I think he also likes Laurel/KC, and I think he hasn't been as happy with the fandom since that time he got into it in the comments over the pics of Laurel using Oliver's bow.

I do think he gets frustrated with the more aggressive fandoms. I remember he really got upset with the Bring Back Cote section of the NCIS fandom for one of the stunts they pulled.

You could be right but I just think of him as an unimaginative "because comic" stooge based on his Smallville days.  He still likes to stir up and mock the Chloe/Chlois fandom, and brought it up in a tweet just the other day. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

Also from TVLine - SA is first in the photo gallery (you can also vote for or against beard)...

Movember Check-In: Judging Beards From Arrow, Walking Dead and More
By Andy Swift / November 27 2015, 9:24 AM PST

http://tvline.com/2015/11/27/movember-2015-walking-dead-rick-beard-photos/
http://tvline.com/gallery/movember-2015-photos-beards-tv-arrow-teen-wolf/#!1/movember-stephen-amell/

Edited by tv echo

Two new articles from WhatCulture...

Arrow Season 4: Things That Need To Happen Before The Mid-Season Break
James Hunt  28 Nov 2015
http://whatculture.com/tv/arrow-season-4-things-that-need-to-happen-before-the-mid-season-break.php

Aside from the tone, this season has done a lot of other things really well. It’s established Thea as a proper member of Team Arrow, gave us some OG action, brought Diggle back to the fore, and thankfully has restored Felicity to being the awesome character of Season 1 and 2, instead of simply being the love interest of last year. As she pointed out, she always was badass...  Best of all, though, has been the addition of Neal McDonough as Damien Darhk....

Arrow Season 4: 10 More DC Characters We’d Love To Appear
Connor Briggs-Morris  27 Nov 2015 
http://whatculture.com/tv/arrow-season-4-10-more-dc-characters-wed-love-to-appear.php

Arrow has always had it tough when it comes to using DC characters. Despite the vast DC Comics Universe, many of its notable characters have been made off-limits to the show. Whether because of the fledging DCEU or other shows like Supergirl and Gotham, even lesser characters like Blue Beetle and Booster Gold seem to be unavailable. As such, it’s becoming harder for Arrow to find quality characters to adapt....

Edited by tv echo

Pajiba gives Arrow a B+ grade so far this season (also grades Flash a B, AoS an A, Gotham an F, and Supergirl an Incomplete)...

Which Superhero Show Is at the Head of the Class?
By Craig Wack | TV Reviews | November 27, 2015
http://www.pajiba.com/tv_reviews/which-superhero-show-is-at-the-head-of-the-class.php

Arrow, fourth season The CW
Overview
: After a grim third season, Arrow has spent much of the time undoing the mistakes of that year. Sara is no longer dead. The Olicity ship is sailing along nicely. Oliver is trying to save Star City in ways that don’t always involve shooting arrows in something (or someone). Being a hero is still serious stuff thanks to Neal McDonough’s turn as this year’s heavy, Damian Dhark, but that sense of optimism and family has returned. It’s been dragged down setting up January’s Legends of Tomorrow.

Final exams: The Flash/Arrow crossover next week and showing us who exactly is in that grave they showed in the tag of the season premiere.

Grade: B-plus
Edited by tv echo

Pajiba gives Arrow a B+ grade so far this season (also grades Flash a B, AoS an A, Gotham an F, and Supergirl an Incomplete)...

I seriously don't get the hate for Gotham.  This season has been astounding. 

Nice though that Arrow is getting good grades. 

Another convert...

14 'Arrow' Season 4 Olicity Interactions That Were Too Much To Handle
CAITLYN CALLEGARI  13 hours ago
http://www.bustle.com/articles/126468-14-arrow-season-4-olicity-interactions-that-were-too-much-to-handle

After hearing endlessly about all of this “Olicity" nonsense on the interwebs, I decided to do an early summer marathon watch of Arrow. A week and a half and three seasons later (I'm nothing if not thorough), I quickly realized that concerning Olicity, nothing was nonsense. In fact, Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak’s relationship was pretty much the most sensical thing about the show.  Since then, I’ve been straight cruising on a steady sea of Arrow Season 4 Olicity perfection....
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 10