Type keyword(s) to search

The Starling City Times: News and Media about Arrow

Grammaeryn
  • Start Topic

It's frustrating to me. Caitlin has never, nor ever will be a serious option on the show for Barry. But she always gets lumped into (and yes I'm off topic, I know)

I don't watch Flash, but didn't they kiss on the show?

And just playing devil's advocate, but I'm pretty sure that in season 1, the most prevalent opinion was that Felicity would never ever be a serious option for Oliver.

• Love 7

Caitlin and Barry had a few good moments but I didn't think any of them had romantic undertones. I guess enough people ship them thus why Caitlin gets included on these lists.

Also, does Felicity know all that much about Iris and Barry's relationship other than the fact that Iris is someone Barry used to pine after? EBR mentioned that Felicity hears that Patty's great. Are we to believe Barry has been gushing about Patty to Felicity?

• Love 2
I don't watch Flash, but didn't they kiss on the show?

No, it was a guy who can take the likeness of any individual. He morphed into Barry and forced a kiss on her. There could be a case for sexual assault actually. 

Oliver acknowledged Felicity's feelings, reciprocated them in s2. 

On Flash, Caitlin had the bare minimum of romantic feelings for Barry during s1. In s2...so far nada.

The show tried to get people to ship Barry/Caitlin with the shapeshifter kiss, and they were very cute at karaoke night.

Their shippers were people who couldn't see any romantic chemistry between Barry and Iris (tons of sibling chemistry though) nd were looking for alternatives.  I suppose many have gone to Barry/Patty now.

• Love 2

I don't watch a lot of The Flash but it sounds like a lot of ship baiting. 

Makes me so glad AK left Arrow. I don't think it's a coincidence that Oliver's cavalcade of women stopped after AK went to work on Flash.

Also, the title is so click-baity. Glad that EBR knew better than to put herself into the middle of a 'ship war.

• Love 8

I believe that Laura Hurley is - at the very least - shadowing this board. She may even be posting here. I swear she echoes too many of my favorite posters observations for it to be a coincidence!!!

I think a lot of people shadow us here. Hello there! :)

I also believe with @aychihuahua that a lot of people who post here are very asute, observant & intelligent, therefore it would make sense that there might be some overlap.

• Love 3

I think a lot of people shadow us here. Hello there! :)

I also believe with @aychihuahua that a lot of people who post here are very asute, observant & intelligent, therefore it would make sense that there might be some overlap.

Let's be honest, this is an awesome board and not only for the IMO witty, observant people offering their opinions and insights but a diligent contingent that works hard and goes out of their way to track down all that is happening out there for us to know about this show.  Collectively, we never miss a thing and frequently figure out what's coming before anyone else.  Why wouldn't people want to soak up the wisdom?

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 13
Their shippers were people who couldn't see any romantic chemistry between Barry and Iris (tons of sibling chemistry though) nd were looking for alternatives

Oh there's another reason. 

Which is stupid because she didn't actually pick anyone. I'm sorry but some of Iris's fans try to go at it with anyone who doesn't see it like them. They are making me not like Iris just like how some KC fans make me dislike Laurel.

I really was trying to avoid this..but Emily did compliment/speak more of the latter two and was inconsistent in her non pick. She doesn't know Iris super well. Fine..but she has spent a enough time on different occasions to judge her character. Even if that wasn't true...she thinks Felicity would be gung ho for Patty and Barry. Ok. then wouldn't the same be true for Iris? 

Emily imo should have said that Felicity would support Barry's choice no matter who it was. 

Oh there's another reason. 

I really was trying to avoid this..but Emily did compliment/speak more of the latter two and was inconsistent in her non pick. She doesn't know Iris super well. Fine..but she has spent a enough time on different occasions to judge her character. Even if that wasn't true...she thinks Felicity would be gung ho for Patty and Barry. Ok. then wouldn't the same be true for Iris? 

Emily imo should have said that Felicity would support Barry's choice no matter who it was. 

I'm sorry, but who cares about Felicity's opinion on who Barry should date? It was dumb, click-bait question. Oh look! It riled up fans, so, congrats, ET! Too bad your mentions are now filled with hate, EBR.

• Love 11

I'm sorry, but who cares about Felicity's opinion on who Barry should date? It was dumb, click-bait question. Oh look! It riled up fans, so, congrats, ET! Too bad your mentions are now filled with hate, EBR.

Lol how dare EBR not say something 100% correct regarding fictional characters! Of course she deserves hate for her callous remarks about said fictional characters when it was probably just worded wrong instead of how EBR actually feels about said characters. Honestly it was just one question... It made me raise my eyebrows because some of what she said about Iris was incorrect. But it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. 

Iris fans have a lot more to worry about than what EBR says or thinks about Iris... Like worry about Iris actually getting a storyline or any semblance of importance on the show. I like Iris, she has potential, it's a shame the writers don't really care about Iris to even try with her character. Candice Patton deserves better. But hating an actress because she didn't say much about a character is a bit too much. 

• Love 8

Lol how dare EBR not say something 100% correct regarding fictional characters! Of course she deserves hate for her callous remarks about said fictional characters when it was probably just worded wrong instead of how EBR actually feels about said characters. Honestly it was just one question... It made me raise my eyebrows because some of what she said about Iris was incorrect. But it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. 

Iris fans have a lot more to worry about than what EBR says or thinks about Iris... Like worry about Iris actually getting a storyline or any semblance of importance on the show. I like Iris, she has potential, it's a shame the writers don't really care about Iris to even try with her character. Candice Patton deserves better. But hating an actress because she didn't say much about a character is a bit too much. 

Seriously, from the way EBR stumbled through the answer trying to be fair to everyone, I got the impression she doesn't watch Flash and doesn't know what's going on. She was just going by what she remembers Felicity should know. 

• Love 9

*SIgh* The entire clip - transcriped.

Question: "Who do you think Felicity would be rooting for Barry to be with?"

Answer: I don't know. I guess Caitlyn has a little bit of baggage right now. But she's good friends with Caitlyn so I think that would be good. She doesn't know Iris like very well - like they've been on a couple... But Caitlyn and her are phone friends so I would think that. I um, I think she would probably like Patty if she were to cross paths with her. I hear she is an amaz.. um.. Felicity hears that she's great. So I feel like that is something that would make her want to be friends with Patty in that context."

She's not "GUNG HO" about any answer. If you can read approving one ship over another in that answer more power to you but in TEXT she does not pick. She bent over backwards NOT picking.

Edited by Orion
  • Love 24

Seriously, can't watch video cuz of work....but honestly who really cares? Barry isn't on her show. How does she even know the characters? This is partially why I don't enjoy shared universes & crossovers. We're supposed to believe these characters care about each other. When in all honesty, the characters are on different shows and have different writers when they do visit each other. So yes some stuff will get lost in translation & transcription.

So unless EBR watches the Flash, how does she have opinion on who BA should date? And then its EBRs opinion. EBR is not FS, so how is she supposed to know what FS thinks about something as random about BAs love life. FSs love life, probably. Arrow's characters love lives, maybe. But a guy her character has interacted with for only a few hrs at most is just ridiculous. YAY for click baiting. :(

Edited by kismet
  • Love 5

Given that the question was who would Felicity think Barry should be with, why should EBR be getting any backlash? Her answers make a lot of sense for Felicity.

Her knowledge of Iris has always been in the context of the girl that Barry is hung up on who is in love with some other dude. (Iris even tried to set Barry and Felicity up hence the first double date) And said dude died saving Barry.  Awkward.  Then if Caitlin expressed interest in Barry and both of them are her buds, yeah, Felicity would be all for that.  Still, neither Iris and Caitlin are in the picture, but then there is this Patty person that loves the weird stuff that Barry faces, has a lot in common with him and here's the kicker, has a massive thing for Barry (and Barry likes her back) yeah, Felicity would be supportive. 

It's not like Felicity would be pushing a candidate on Barry.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 8

Because Emily unintentionally slighted Iris/Candice. 

Iris: Doesn't know her well 

Caitlin: They're great friends/talk on the phone.

Patty: Felicity hears she's amazing and great.

One of those things is not like the other. 

I give credit that Emily kinda flipped the question into who Felicity is friendly with...but that's where the slight comes in. 

Like I mentioned she could have said that Felicity would have supported Barry's decision whatever it may be. 

Or how all 3 women were great in their own way and Barry would be lucky to have them.

I don't want to get too..personal and speculating on actors but there's definitely a divide between the Flash actresses which may have carried over. 

But she's good friends with Caitlyn so I think that would be good.

Actually..that sounds a bit hesitant and unsure..but it's a pick. 

Edited by wingster55

The thing that answer told me was EBR knows Caitlyn and Felicity talk as per episode 3. I'm thinking someone mentions Patty in the crossover, hence I hear she's amazing comment. And unfortunately there's probably not even a mention of Iris, which is a shame because I enjoyed the small Iris/Felicity interaction in the flash episodes last season which if the writers wanted and were creative they could have built into at least a Facebook friendship.

I think EBR gave an answer very true to Felicity's mindset. Felicity knows Barry has been pining for Iris since forever, but, just like she went and tried to move on with Ray when Oliver put an end to things, it's not hard to believe that she would advice Barry do the same thing. Plus, from EBR's interviews she seems to give answers with the characters' wellbeing in mind. I don't see this one being very different from when she was advocating for Ray and how good he could be for Felicity. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Love 1

*SIgh* The entire clip - transcriped.

Question: "Who do you think Felicity would be rooting for Barry to be with?"

Answer: I don't know. I guess Caitlyn has a little bit of baggage right now. But she's good friends with Caitlyn so I think that would be good. She doesn't know Iris like very well - like they've been on a couple... But Caitlyn and her are phone friends so I would think that. I um, I think she would probably like Patty if she were to cross paths with her. I hear she is an amaz.. um.. Felicity hears that she's great. So I feel like that is something that would make her want to be friends with Patty in that context."

She's not "GUNG HO" about any answer. If you can read approving one ship over another in that answer more power to you but in TEXT she does not pick. She bent over backwards NOT picking.

She didn't pick a ship or even state anything about Barry. Her answer was about Felicity. Felicity knows Iris but not well. Felicity is friends with Caitlin and Felicity hears that Patty is awesome and would like to be friends with her. She never once mentioned who Felicity think Barry should be with. So why are people upset with Emily other than the same old bullshit?
  • Love 16

Does anyone know if there is going to be a part three? I thought she was also talking about Barry and Felicity friendship and the crossovers.

I don't see anything wrong with her answer. Mostly I just see a lot of tripping over words to address every character. I don't think she even knows what is going on in The Flash.

• Love 1
She didn't pick a ship or even state anything about Barry.

Yes she did. "That'd be great". The "that" is Caitlin and Barry.

Plus..nothing about how Iris is great like Patty is? I

It's ok to say that EBR isn't perfect or doesn't always say the best thing. 

Well, EBR was probably as diplomatic as she could be with her answer. It's true she might not know Iris as well as she knows Caitlin, although she has been out with Iris a couple of times and she always greets her warmly. But she mentioned everyone and that's probably as fair as she could be.

Saying that, EBR would also pick Ray over Oliver so I wouldn't exactly trust her opinion on the whole Caitlin thing. LOL. Sorry! It's just I don't understand the Snowbarry thing at all and I actually think DP is a pretty bad actress so she comes across as really one-note to me. I just don't see it. But I understood she was answering from Felicity's POV so… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Not sure why her opinion matters anyway given that The Flash fandom rips her apart whenever they get the chance.

Edited by Guest

I didn't see the "That'd be great" as Barry and Caitlyn are The Ship. I thought it was more along the lines of "Felicity is friends with Caitlyn so that's be great." Everything was framed by Felicity's POV. I don't think EBR cares.

She wasn't going to win this one anyway. Poor timing with Flash. They ask her opinion on Barry's love life and she is featured in the episode stills (including a super friendly hug with Barry), but none of the Flash ladies are.

• Love 5

Hey Arrow, Stop Pretending To Kill People Off
BY LAURA HURLEY  1 HOUR AGO
http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Hey-Arrow-Stop-Pretending-Kill-People-Off-101467.html

The problem is that Arrow has served up so many impermanent deaths that some moments that should be "Holy shit!" are instead just drinking game material. Take a sip if a character who obviously isn't going to stay dead is dealt a mortal blow. Take a shot if a character comes back from the dead. Chug if Sara Lance dies.
  • Love 2

I'm super mad both the reporter and EBR left Linda Park out! She's obviously the greatest contender for America's Next Grabber of Barry's teen penis.

Well he sure told Linda his secret a lot quicker than he told Iris. However Linda is supposed to be with Iris' brother Wally. 

Well, EBR was probably as diplomatic as she could be with her answer.

Except she wasn't. That's where the issue is. The most diplomatic would have been how all woman are great and Barry would be lucky to be with any of them. 

And yes EBR's opinion isn't relevant, and yes Iris fans have bigger things to worry about...but don't all fans have more important things to worry about than what happens on a tv show? Doesn't mean we can't discuss it or raise objections. 

It's just I don't understand the Snowbarry thing at all and I actually think DP is a pretty bad actress so she comes across as really one-note to me. I just don't see it. But I understood she was answering from Felicity's POV so… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Not sure why her opinion matters anyway given that The Flash fandom rips her apart whenever they get the chance.

I agree re DP.  I think she's the worst regular on The Flash, now that RA is gone.  The other actors are too good for their shows/their parts, but she's not good enough for her part.

I'm super mad both the reporter and EBR left Linda Park out! She's obviously the greatest contender for America's Next Grabber of Barry's teen penis.

What has Linda Park ever done to you?!?

EBR would also pick Ray over Oliver so

If I have ever side eye'd an EBR interview it was this.

I don't really have an issue with Snowbarry or WestAllen. The couples I have no problems with, the show is spoilt for choice.

My issue is how poorly the Barry-Iris friendship is being handled ie it's not.

• Love 1

Meh, I can't see it but that's no surprise. Especially since just about everything she says gets over analyzed to death trying to find something wrong with it.

I am sorry but nobody pits female characters against each other like she does. But apparently she loves all the women she works with so much. But cant help the jabs at them.

• Love 2

More joke tweets from Laura Hurley (no spoilers, just speculation)...

Laura Hurley ‏@lah9891  16h16 hours ago
JD: "Why haven't you proposed?"
OQ: "DD is after me. I want her to be my wife, not my widow."
JD: "Well, this got dark."
#laurawritesarrow
TQ: "Why haven't you proposed?"
OQ: "Why haven't YOU?"
TQ: "Do you want me to do it?"
OQ: "That's not-"
TQ: "I'll do it."
#laurawritesarrow
LL: "Why haven't you proposed?"
OQ: "I'm not sure Felicity--"
LL: "Who?"
#laurawritesarrow
Donna: "Why haven't you proposed?"
OQ: "Why do you ask?"
Donna: "Definitely not because I sabotaged her birth control!"
#laurawritesarrow
BA: "Why haven't you proposed?"
OQ: "Time isn't right."
BA: "But I need to catch the bouquet!"
OQ: "Why is this my life?"
#laurawritesarrow
FS:"Why haven't you proposed?"
OQ: "I did. You said yes. Then you bumped your head & forgot."
FS:"..."
OQ:"No take backs."
#laurawritesarrow
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

I'll take issue with something EBR says when she says something to take issue with.

KC's interviews leave me perplexed. Pushing Oliver and Laurel after the EPs clearly shifted gears, campaigning for the LI until she loses it then deciding the LI is the lesser role, giving a more detailed answer on her costume then she does anything else, etc..Yeah. I got problems with some of her interviews.

• Love 9