Type keyword(s) to search

Clock Tower Theater: Fanfic, Fan Music Videos and Art

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Bahahah.  Wow I need a nap. Just read your post, Googled Others TV show and couldn't find a character named Chase ?

That reminds me of a fic I just abandoned it was a Bratva / arranged Marriage AU.

Spoiler

in it Oliver decides that since Felicity wants a business only marriage he's going to accept Helena Bertinelli (a gift froom her father to make peace) as his mistress. The last chapter has him having sex with Helena, which was bad enough but, idiot Oliver discusses taking Helena as his mistress with Diggle and Moira who both warm him to talk to Felicity about it first. Instead he's like oh we talked she wants to keep our marriage as business only so it's cool. 

Yeah, for me there's no going back from that. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

You summoned my darlings?

School Days

I've got the dreaded Aussie winter lurgy so I take no real responsibility for this rubbish I churn out! 

The William shade is hysterical:

Whilst William had enjoyed colouring in with crayons and playing with toy figurines at age ten, by the time her fourth birthday rolled around, Mia was reading complex non fiction books about trees, mammals and marine life. She showed a keen interest in biology and would often attempt to conduct experiments at home with the science kits that everyone bought for her.

So is Oliver wanting to take some slates off the room so he can spy on the preschool and Diggle's reaction and play dates.  You're right about the prescription for too intense parenting -- a second child.

What is a winter lurgy?

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The William shade is hysterical:

That part made me chuckle a little, and then it got me thinking about how I'd kind of like to see a fic where Oliver is getting to know William his diagnosed as mentally delayed/learning disabled son. 

• Love 1

@statsgirl so glad you liked it! I figure if I'm going to have to acknowledge the little dumbass in non AU fics, I may as well take a swipe at him.

The winter lurgy is the series of colds (and sometimes flu) that spreads around Sydney during winter. The kidlet brought it home. He had a runny nose for two days and is now as right as rain. His daddy and I are dying! 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Bahahah.  Wow I need a nap. Just read your post, Googled Others TV show and couldn't find a character named Chase ?

That reminds me of a fic I just abandoned it was a Bratva / arranged Marriage AU.

Hide contents

in it Oliver decides that since Felicity wants a business only marriage he's going to accept Helena Bertinelli (a gift froom her father to make peace) as his mistress. The last chapter has him having sex with Helena, which was bad enough but, idiot Oliver discusses taking Helena as his mistress with Diggle and Moira who both warm him to talk to Felicity about it first. Instead he's like oh we talked she wants to keep our marriage as business only so it's cool. 

Yeah, for me there's no going back from that. 

Lol. For some reason the tag Felicity/Others made me think of Lovecraft or something, and then there was the tag saying the author hoped it was creepy. So I expected something very different than I got. I was reading along waiting for maybe some subtle wrongness from the boyfriend or surprise tentacles or something; I don't know. Then I got almost to the end and realized what was going on, and it was really upsetting. I've only seen a few of them, but I just really hate fics that pair Chase with anyone, especially Oliver or Felicity. Adrian Chase pushes all my buttons, and any pairing with him makes me intensely uncomfortable. 

20 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

You summoned my darlings?

School Days

I've got the dreaded Aussie winter lurgy so I take no real responsibility for this rubbish I churn out! 

Well that was too fun!  Thank you so much for taking the bait.  :D  

Hope you feel better soon!

18 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

@statsgirl so glad you liked it! I figure if I'm going to have to acknowledge the little dumbass in non AU fics, I may as well take a swipe at him.

The winter lurgy is the series of colds (and sometimes flu) that spreads around Sydney during winter. The kidlet brought it home. He had a runny nose for two days and is now as right as rain. His daddy and I are dying! 

Around here, we just call it cold and flu season. Far less interesting sounding.  :)

Has anyone checked out a fic called Fefe's Serendipity? I'm confused because on the one hand I know that Fefe is a name used by Felicity haters, on the other it's tagged Oliver/Felicity and the summary doesn't indicate that it will be anti-Felicity. I'm getting the feeling that someone is trolling, only I don't know if it's a Felicity fan trolling haters, or a hater trolling fans.

(edited)
1 hour ago, bijoux said:

Has anyone checked out a fic called Fefe's Serendipity? I'm confused because on the one hand I know that Fefe is a name used by Felicity haters, on the other it's tagged Oliver/Felicity and the summary doesn't indicate that it will be anti-Felicity. I'm getting the feeling that someone is trolling, only I don't know if it's a Felicity fan trolling haters, or a hater trolling fans.

Read it just now.  I don't think they are trolling but it's not what I'd call recommended reading.  It's just an odd, not terribly in character little story.  

Spoiler

Oliver calls her babe a lot and it turns out Felicity has been hiding from him the whole time that she's some world famous fantasy writer, oh and in their summer of love she took him to a convention where he "met" the fake writer and afterwards then they dressed up as furries and got it on.   **And for clarification, when I say "they" I only mean Felicity and Oliver.  Not the fake writer as well.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Read it just now.  I don't think they are trolling but it's not what I'd call recommended reading.  It's just an odd, not terribly in character little story.  

Hide contents

Oliver calls her babe a lot and it turns out Felicity has been hiding from him the whole time that she's some world famous fantasy writer, oh and in their summer of love she took him to a convention where he "met" the fake writer and afterwards then they dressed up as furries and got it on.  

Okay, now I'm morbidly curious, but I'm afraid if I read it I'll get stuck in a state of permanent bewildered confusion. 

Have you been reading The First 48?  It's an AU, styled after a TV show of the same name that tracks the first 48 hours after a murder.  I don't read a ton of AU, but I really like this one.  Oliver & Dig are detectives, Felicity is an analyst, and there are appearances by other characters (the murder is ADA Laurel Lance, one of the cops is Ray Palmer, another tech is Cooper, Lyla heads up the police force, etc.)  The fic appears to be complete, but she's releasing them over time.  Does ease my mind that I'm not reading another fic that will be abandoned.  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Kymmi said:

Have you been reading The First 48?  It's an AU, styled after a TV show of the same name that tracks the first 48 hours after a murder.  I don't read a ton of AU, but I really like this one.  Oliver & Dig are detectives, Felicity is an analyst, and there are appearances by other characters (the murder is ADA Laurel Lance, one of the cops is Ray Palmer, another tech is Cooper, Lyla heads up the police force, etc.)  The fic appears to be complete, but she's releasing them over time.  Does ease my mind that I'm not reading another fic that will be abandoned.  

Yeah, Morrigan2575 recommended it a little while back, and I just started to catch up on it and totally second the rec. It's fun and I want to see where it goes and how it'll be explained how everything is going down. Even though, 

Spoiler

Cooper's the mole, right? Unless a swerve happens and it's Ray or something, but then again I didn't catch up all the way yet.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, way2interested said:

Yeah, Morrigan2575 recommended it a little while back, and I just started to catch up on it and totally second the rec. It's fun and I want to see where it goes and how it'll be explained how everything is going down. Even though, 

Hide contents

Cooper's the mole, right? Unless a swerve happens and it's Ray or something, but then again I didn't catch up all the way yet.

I made that exact comment 2 chapters back 

26 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I made that exact comment 2 chapters back 

Ha, twins! At this point though it feels obvious and there's still more than half the story left so I have the feeling like there's going to be a twist or something.

I saw this last month and saved it and after seeing the above pictures I had to put this out here. Someone suggested on twitter that if men were sexualized like women this would be their superhero costume.

Attachment-1.png.892ef8fdebb66697d2aa0ac3b73b18ab.png

• Love 5
1 minute ago, BunsenBurner said:

I saw this last month and saved it and after seeing the above pictures I had to put this out here. Someone suggested on twitter that if men were sexualized like women this would be their superhero costume.

I have no problem with that. LOL

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, BunsenBurner said:

Meh. That outfit shows practically nothing of his arms and abs, and I find legs to be one of the most unattractive parts on most men. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I've no complaints about the legs, but yeah, need a bit more arm and ab candy.  :D  And the pose is all wrong.  He needs to be twisted around so we see his pretty face, his perfectly sculpted abs AND a butt you could bounce a quarter off of.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

I've no complaints about the legs, but yeah, need a bit more arm and ab candy.  :D  And the pose is all wrong.  He needs to be twisted around so we see his pretty face, his perfectly sculpted abs AND a butt you could bounce a quarter off of.  

It also needs to be leather..too easy wearing a material that is comfortable, lol

• Love 2

Anyone vetted through the pile of hiatus fics to recommend something?

I keep reading descriptions but nothing appeals to me. Hoping you guys have read and can recommend a few. They don't need to be brilliant. I will settle for okayish/decent.

2 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Anyone vetted through the pile of hiatus fics to recommend something?

I keep reading descriptions but nothing appeals to me. Hoping you guys have read and can recommend a few. They don't need to be brilliant. I will settle for okayish/decent.

I've been fairly disappointed with them myself. I can't think of any off hand that stick out as good. 

• Love 1

If you're willing to settle for decent:

Sophie1973 has started The Mirror in the Attic, in which Felicity Smoak, an employee of Queen Consolidated, inherits a house from the old recluse Oliver Queen who she has never met, with a note saying "Please come back."  Sophie1973 writes very fluffy stories but they're generally decent.  I may be biased towards this one though, it's giving me feels of  "Tom's Midnight Garden", a book I read when I was about ten but still love.

Anything But Ordinary by Hellbrat (Ringred19), an Arrow/Buffy crossover in which Felicity suddenly discovers she's becoming a slayer.  It's okayish.  I like the premise and it's enjoyable enough to read but it's chapter 9 and I'm still waiting for things to really pick up.  Felicity trying to hide her new abilities when Diggle tries to train her is fun.

Thatmasquedgirl has added two more chapters to her Monsters In The Mirror series.  I like her writing but I just couldn't get into the multi-chapter fic she's currently writing for personal reasons, an AU based on The A Team, so I was happy to see a new chapter in a old fic.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Anything But Ordinary by Hellbrat (Ringred19), an Arrow/Buffy crossover in which Felicity suddenly discovers she's becoming a slayer.  It's okayish.  I like the premise and it's enjoyable enough to read but it's chapter 9 and I'm still waiting for things to really pick up.  Felicity trying to hide her new abilities when Diggle tries to train her is fun.

Have Oliver and Dig still not found out that she's a slayer? I wanted to like that one because I usually like crossovers, but I checked out when I saw that she was hiding being a slayer from Oliver and Dig. It seems like unnecessary drama to me. 

(edited)

I think soulmates fics was one of the weeks of the Olicity Hiatus challenge Olivarry Week.  (A ship I just don't get.)

Have Oliver and Dig still not found out that she's a slayer? I wanted to like that one because I usually like crossovers, but I checked out when I saw that she was hiding being a slayer from Oliver and Dig. It seems like unnecessary drama to me. 

Yeah, they still don't know although they're suspicious now.  She wants to master her new powers before coming clean.

It's a good idea and parts of it work well (Laurel is her worst self but it's realistic) but it moves very slowly.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1
(edited)

I highly recommend Thursday. I'm also reading The Predator and A soul lost at sea (I think that's the title?; though I'm starting to lose interest a bit in that one).

But it's been a fairly average hiatus, which is probably the result of an average season. Hopefully a return to Olicity will see a return in creative energy for fic writers.

Edited by LeighAn
1 hour ago, LeighAn said:

I highly recommend Thursday. I'm also treading The Predator and A soul lost at sea (I think that's the title?; though I'm starting to lose interest a bit in that one).

I've been burned by the Thursday author before. There was an early 20th century AU that I thought started really promising, but then turned sour quickly.

I like the Thursday writer. I've enjoyed some of her other fics. Not the Run to Water one cuz I skimmed that and Ray was evil in it. 

How were you burnt @bijoux?

I feel like all the writers I like stopped writing during season 5. Only a handful remain and there's not much to read between them.

*Sits and pines hoping somewhereelse and quiverbunny will write something new*

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I like the Thursday writer. I've enjoyed some of her other fics. Not the Run to Water one cuz I skimmed that and Ray was evil in it. 

How were you burnt @bijoux?

It was Run to the Water and I thought the opening chapter (or chapters?) were really strong and engaging, but then the story jumped to Oliver and Felicity being grown up and the characterization was, let's say not the best all around, with Ray and Laurel being particularly ludicrus. And I don't know if the writing went down hill or if I just noticed the clunkiness more since the story was bothering me all around. I don't remember whether I even got to Ray being evil, but he was such a lame putz while I was reading. And it could have been done well, translating his nerdiness to an earlier time period, but it was simply exhausting to put it mildly.

I also think I had issues with how the characters fit the time period, but I can't be sure anymore. Overall, I started with, ooooh, this has real potential, and very quickly landed on, what the hell am I reading?

• Love 3
8 hours ago, bijoux said:

It was Run to the Water and I thought the opening chapter (or chapters?) were really strong and engaging, but then the story jumped to Oliver and Felicity being grown up and the characterization was, let's say not the best all around, with Ray and Laurel being particularly ludicrus. And I don't know if the writing went down hill or if I just noticed the clunkiness more since the story was bothering me all around. I don't remember whether I even got to Ray being evil, but he was such a lame putz while I was reading. And it could have been done well, translating his nerdiness to an earlier time period, but it was simply exhausting to put it mildly.

I also think I had issues with how the characters fit the time period, but I can't be sure anymore. Overall, I started with, ooooh, this has real potential, and very quickly landed on, what the hell am I reading?

I totally had the same reaction Run to the Water, @bijoux.  I can't remember the point at which I completely dropped out, but I thought it had a sharp decline in plot, characterization, and . . . maturity(?).  That last one is hard to explain, but I had the impression that the Felicity and Oliver started behaving like idiots (and not the fun kind!), and the narrative took a nosedive, too.

I try not to bash stories/authors too much, as I know that publishing is an act of bravery.  Hopefully in the future, that author will focus on recapturing what she did well in the first few chapters.

• Love 3
(edited)

Don't read either of them unless you want to feel like crying for a while!

There are a handful of fics that should come with a "THIS FIC WILL MESS YOU UP" warning. Stangers Again, Felicity's Ghost, and and one by sarcastic fina whose title I can't remember right now.

Edited by lemotomato