Type keyword(s) to search

Clock Tower Theater: Fanfic, Fan Music Videos and Art

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, bijoux said:

I'm like 80% through the first chapter and I don't know if I can finish. I'm sort of spooked by the ubercompetent Laurel. It's like it's someone else. It's well written, son't get me wrong, but I don't get some things at all. And I say this as someone who isn't against improving Laurel in fics. This is just too much, with the 10th comment on how Laurel is a more competent vigilante than Oliver.

Lmaoooooooo it left me unsettled as well but she doesn't have too big of a part in it! 

9 minutes ago, RandomMe said:

and now I'm cackling internally about how bad it would be. The idea of Oliver's musical Sad Panda face -- or better yet, rage-singing! -- for an hour should not amuse me as much as it does.

Not sure where to continue this, but I guess fan works is as good as any thread. Now I'm thinking of songs that I could imagine Oliver singing in a musical episode. They're all depressing, of course.

- Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen
- Mad World
- Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers: Because of all the emphasis on 

Spoiler

Oliver loves the City!!

these lyrics in particular:

It's hard to believe
That I'm all alone
At least I have her love
The city she loves me
Lonely as I am
Together we cry

• Love 7

- All By Myself
- Why Does It Always Rain On Me? [bonus if it's mashed up with Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head]
- anything by The Smiths [Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now ---> Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me]
- Owner of a Lonely Heart
- ending his solo musical on Queen's Somebody to Love 

The episode is titled #foreveralone

• Love 10
1 hour ago, wonderwall said:

Lol

This is the best thing ever.

I now want one of these for everything that got smashed in the city in season 4 - like a train, traffic lights, that huge underground dome which got built with no-one knowing anything about it - no, really. How the hell did that happen? Invisible construction?

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, arjumand said:

This is the best thing ever.

I now want one of these for everything that got smashed in the city in season 4 - like a train, traffic lights, that huge underground dome which got built with no-one knowing anything about it - no, really. How the hell did that happen? Invisible construction?

Magic. Duh. ;-)

• Love 3
3 hours ago, bettername2come said:

There.

Are you happy now, TrueMyth?

OMG, that's AMAZING!  Do you have a Tumblr so I can properly promote this wonderfulness? Found you!

Edited by TrueMyth
On 8/13/2016 at 7:58 PM, calliope1975 said:

Sarcastic Fina is deleting several of her WIP fics TODAY. Here's the list. 

http://sarcasticfina.tumblr.com/post/148910393472

Thanks for the heads up; I really liked the Robin Hood AU

I wonder why she chose to delete "rebellious crowns and jade hearts" and "this is just the beginning (i’m going to love you for a lifetime)". I think they hold up well as extended one-shots. They're certainly less WIP than all her other unfinished fics (which, despite her claims, I highly doubt she'll ever return to)

I saw this the other day and have just finished reading the latest FiCoN update. It's currently over 330,000 words. Longer than any single Harry Potter or LotR title. Just wow.

I have to admit, I was reading it with serious trepidation due to added character death warnings which the authors draw special attention to in the authors' note. It was eye opening though, as I went through the list of all the people I was willing to lose in order to save others. I came to the conclusion that aside from Oliver, Felicity and Ellie, who the authors said were safe, my breaking points were Dig and Lyla. I was honestly ready to throw everybody else to Slade. In the end, it was 

Spoiler

him. Which was something I felt the whole thing was building up to when it didn't meander, so I didn't need special warning personally.

The good news is, it seems like the fic is drawing to a close. Now wait until I'm proven wrong.

7 minutes ago, bijoux said:

The good news is, it seems like the fic is drawing to a close. Now wait until I'm proven wrong.

Someone mentioned a couple of weeks ago that the authors said it would be about 40-42 chapters (can't remember the exact number, but over 40), so I don't think it's drawing to a close. Would love to be wrong, though!

So...is the baby that Felicity's carrying going to wind up being the blonde speedster that was fighting Zoom with Barry when Zoom tried to get Ellie in the kitchen like 150k words ago? And whatever Malcolm injected Felicity with is going to be the cause? I thought maybe Ellie was going to be a speedster since there's so much commentary on how quick/fast she is, but now I'm not so sure. 

Edited by apinknightmare

Nah, I'm 99% certain that Ellie is the speedster. This latest chapter even had Oliver sensing she would be the one to leave a bigger mark than him when it comes to honoring Robert's memory or something like that. Plus, the new kid is the result of Ellie's time travel, the speedster was present before the changes that happened because of it. On the off chance it's not her, I don't think it's her sibling. According to some tweets 

Spoiler

this baby will be a brunette girl.

Also, 34 out of 40-42 chapters sounds like time to start to wrap things up. It's time to deal with Zoom. Even if I would have preferred for them to focus on Slade more and have Barry and/or the other speedster to show up after he was dealt with to take Ellie back to her time. Cue the teary farewells and see you soon, Ellie-bug, and I would have been pretty set. But that's not the path they chose, so Zoom needs to be dealt with. As does, unfortunately IMO, Thea. I really don't give much crap for her here. If she could just spend the next few chapters in a medically induced coma as they flush the mirakuru out of her system, and then wake up to apologize, that would be super in my book.

Edited by bijoux
27 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I saw this the other day and have just finished reading the latest FiCoN update. It's currently over 330,000 words. Longer than any single Harry Potter or LotR title. Just wow.

330,000 words? FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING, END IT. OMG. Haha, I'm sorry but wow.

I hope it ends soon, for your sake. I'll cross my fingers for you. ;P

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Plus, the new kid is the result of Ellie's time travel, the speedster was present before the changes that happened because of it. On the off chance it's not her, I don't think it's her sibling. According to some tweets 

Well, I figured that might not matter because time travel doesn't make sense regardless. I mean...is Barry going to take Ellie back to her time and back to a timeline where she has a much older sister she doesn't remember? 

It does make sense that it would be Ellie. I just couldn't figure out if she was exhibiting speedster qualities (hence the comments on her speed) already, or if something particle accelerator-like happened to her in her time, or if there was an outside reason for someone having superhuman speed - which is why I figured it might be the new baby. But yeah, Oliver's speech about her goodness and light does indicate it's her. 

Also, 34 out of 40-42 chapters sounds like time to start to wrap things up.

Yeah, true. It's just probably another 100k+ words, which is a full-sized novel or two, so it's difficult for me to think of that as a wind-down, haha. 

• Love 1

You know, I sort of grew to appreciate FiCoN for what it is. It's not perfect, but then almost none of my fics are getting updated. The one that did sort of left me uncomfortable and wondering if I was just unaware of some problems in previous chapters.

I even read a one shot set at an AU point of S3 - Oliver and Felicity spent the night together, but before Oliver went to save Malcolm from NP. It started as a head scratcher for me, because I just couldn't figure out when it was supposed to take place, but then it escalated. To the point where I believe Oliver told Felicity, I'm not doing this so you could sleep with other men, this being Oliver throwing himself at the pyre or whatever. This attitude was just gross.

Oh, I read that one-shot. O/F had already slept together which threw me for a moment because the fic wasn't a follow up from their night spent together so the info was just dropped in there. I think the author was going for a jealous exes type trope but that doesn't really fit O/F tbh.

But I hear ya on there not being many fics to read lately. 

Edited by Angel12d

Well, if you feel like you're going to miss FiCoN, in the comments section they have replied to readers saying that they have sequels planned.  I t hink they did a poll a few days ago about which kid, Ellie, Nate or

Spoiler

Julianna, who is Felicity's current baby bump

they most want to hear about.

1 hour ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

There might be some new fics coming if SmoaknArrow actually does a flash fic challenge. She put up a poll the other day asking if people would be interested and if so, how often. Writeup can be found here.

i'll just be happy if she ever finish up the fics she started last yet but never finished... #foreverwaiting..

• Love 1

Me, too, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm actually fine where Sins "ended." Emotionally, Oliver & Felicity were at a good place even if the mystery hadn't been solved. As for Love Business, since it's basically a "Sabrina" AU, I just sort of finished it in my head :P

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Oh i tried to read that fic and couldn't get passed the first 2 paragraphs

I don't blame you. I don't remember everything but I do know my eyebrows kept inching up as I was reading and then, honestly, skimming it.

I'm not really sure you should thank me as I don't recommend the fic. I remembered it was a weird fic day for me because I also came across a confusing summary scrolling through AO3 that day.

Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak are happily married and after a long night they wake up happy together. 2 months later Felicity finds out that she is pregnant but is too worried to tell her husband because his son William, who he had with someone else didn't want to know about his dad after he found that Oliver hurt his mom so Felicity leaves without saying goodbye but will Oliver find out the truth about his new born baby and will she come home or will Oliver have no one?

I mean, I don't get the logic there at all.

In other news, did His Girl Wednesday end on a cliffhanger after eleventy chapters? That never sounded like something that was in my wheelhouse, but I came across a summary of its sequel, in which apparently 

Spoiler

Oliver has been lost at sea for three years after a cruise on the gambit.

• Love 2

Lol yeah I know you don't recommend it, but I'm in the mood for awful sometimes, so thanks for giving me the link anyway :)

That summary is weird o.O

Is the sequel for His Girl Wednesday already in the works?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, looptab said:

It's being posted already. That's how I know about it in the first place. I saw the summary on  AO3 and a note saying it was a sequel the bottom.

5 hours ago, bijoux said:

Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak are happily married and after a long night they wake up happy together. 2 months later Felicity finds out that she is pregnant but is too worried to tell her husband because his son William, who he had with someone else didn't want to know about his dad after he found that Oliver hurt his mom so Felicity leaves without saying goodbye but will Oliver find out the truth about his new born baby and will she come home or will Oliver have no one?

WHAT?

I use that kind of summary to remind me to NEVER EVER read that fic. There's an absolutely hilarious one which I'm dying to beg the writer to fix, but I restrain myself, 'cos the fic itself is even worse.

1 hour ago, looptab said:

Lol yeah I know you don't recommend it, but I'm in the mood for awful sometimes, so thanks for giving me the link anyway :)

That summary is weird o.O

I think the issue is that she's written COMPLETE in the summary, but hasn't marked it as complete - so it still shows up as a WIP in listings. I mean, 52 chapters and there's a sequel? Whoa. I'm getting tired just thinking about it.

Edited by arjumand

I actually didn't read His Girl Wednesday, I have major issues with fics that have Felicity as an EA, especially of they're AU or set after S2. However, i actually started reading the sequel and it's pretty good so far.

There is one AU with Felicity as Oliver's EA that i like. It's also a Bratva fic that has Oliver as CEO of QC and a Bratva Captain  (which always kill me in fic). However, i like it because the whole premise is that Felicity is undercover as his EA for Argus. On the Edge of the Devil's Backbone

I avoided reading On The Edge even though I like her other fic because I don't like Bratva fic because most of the have the Bratva written as a pussy cat mob to keep Oliver from being an awful person.   The author of this fic agrees and has Oliver doing bad things while thinking that what he has become is so awful, he can never go back.  So so far, it's being true to the Bratva being the criminal organization that it is.

To answer your concerns about Felicity as Oliver's EA,

Spoiler

she's really her IT self and has taken this undercover role for ARGUS as a way of finally being able to stop working for them.  We don't know yet but I assume she's forced to work for them like Cooper faked his death and worked for the government.

I recommend at least trying the fic.