Type keyword(s) to search

Cast in Other Roles

Sara2009

During press for The Wiz, Amber apparently said she's coming to Broadway and the announcement is supposed to come soon.

Maybe that musical she did a couple of years ago , cotton club parade is transferring to Broadway or she has a stint in the colour purple revival that recently began previews? Exciting for Amber though, what ever it is.

Maybe that musical she did a couple of years ago , cotton club parade is transferring to Broadway or she has a stint in the colour purple revival that recently began previews? Exciting for Amber though, what ever it is.

I saw that she mentioned The Color Purple in one interview of show she really liked so maybe a hint.

Probably it will be a nice replacement gig for a few months.

Edited by tom87

Cotton Club Parade already transferred under the name After Midnight in 2013. I think The Color Purple might be more likely, possibly to replace Danielle Brooks as Sofia?

In one of the Larry King promo clips Chris said he plays Edina's hairdresser slash social media consultant in the AbFab movie. The slash part is potentially hilarious, I'm hoping he's as outrageous as Bubble or Patsy's fashion mag editorial coterie. 

Edited by fakeempress

Cotton Club Parade already transferred under the name After Midnight in 2013. I think The Color Purple might be more likely, possibly to replace Danielle Brooks as Sofia?

Sofia would be a good role for her. Fingers crossed for that or something better not even hinted yet. 

I just had to come in here and say how proud I am of Amber!!!! She had her moment to shine and she really took it and ran! I'm actually proud of her like I know her or something ! LOL! After her song she got so much love on Twitter. Her part wasn't that big, but when she was on screen she really shined. Actually the whole production was awesome. After that whole Sound of Music and Peter Pan debacle I was very skeptical and nervous, but dang it if they didn't pull it off! If I sound like I'm gushing, I freely admit I am. As a woman of color any time I can see us represented in a positive light on TV I am happy. I remember having the cassette tape (yup I'm old) of the original Broadway recording and singing my little heart like i was Stephanie Mills (I was in fact NOT Stephanie Mills. LOL!) I'm so glad a whole new generation have now been introduced to this classic. And once again, way to go Amber!!!!

• Love 9
I just had to come in here and say how proud I am of Amber!!!! She had her moment to shine and she really took it and ran! I'm actually proud of her like I know her or something !

I feel the Exact.Same.Way! It was such a marvelous production and Amber was just spectacular.  I just wish Addaperle would have popped up more often.  Seeing her at the beginning and in the end was not enough.  <sigh>  I've really missed seeing Amber on my TV screen every week.  She needs another show!

• Love 1

She really was. I hope this opens some more doors for her. She should be a bigger star than she is.

I was iffy on her acting, but once she started singing it was pure bliss. Whatever she does next, I hope she sings. Her voice is magic.

http://www.multichannel.com/prfeed/original-movie-my-one-christmas-wish-sets-ratings-highs-2015-and-ranks-2-all-time-among-movie-premieres/395722

Amber's Christmas movie with UpTV received that network's highest ratings of 2015 (and 2nd highest all-time).  I really enjoyed it.  Of course, I always loved TV movies of the week.  I really wish the major networks would invest in them again. 

You can see the movie here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F0ZMMtKzl0

Matthews final day on Finding Neverland is on January 24th!

For his first major starring broadway role as lead He should be pleased with how the show is doing financially, it made over a million dollars over thanksgiving and over the slow winter months so far has been hovering between 700 -900k per week  aside from halloween which should be healthy for a musical that size. 

I am sure that he will want a break afterwards but I am looking forward to seeing what he does next. 

If "Finding Neverland " doesn't recoup its investment by the time he leaves, it should be pretty close to it.

Matt Morrison I suspect will be fielding multiple offers for other Broadway shows if he chooses to plunge into another stage production.

Can Matt's next Broadway role( whenever it comes) PLEASE have traditional Broadway songs? Those are the ones that really hit that sweet spot in his voice, though I still really liked him on the FN songs.

Also it's the golden globe nominations day tomorrow. Gold derby predictions mentions Melissa in the lead actress in a drama category for Supergirl. Honestly a couple of years ago the idea of that would have seemed crazy lol. It's amazing how well she's done post Glee! The leads of Scream Queens are there too but Leas category is too packed since ALL supporting actresses are lumped together.

(edited)

Also it's the golden globe nominations day tomorrow. Gold derby predictions mentions Melissa in the lead actress in a drama category for Supergirl. Honestly a couple of years ago the idea of that would have seemed crazy lol. It's amazing how well she's done post Glee! The leads of Scream Queens are there too but Leas category is too packed since ALL supporting actresses are lumped together.

It's day after tomorrow for the U.S. just to clarify a little more.

I don't think '" Scream Queens" has a chance for much. Lea has gotten good notices, but the show as a whole has been

panned.

Edited by Sara2009

Jamie Lee Curtis was nominated for Comedy lead. She is an industry heavy weight in a role that riffs on her popular horror movie catalog so dispite scream queens  mixed at best reviews she obviously still appealed to the voters. 

I Would be suprised if younger was his favourite TV show, isn't that targeted largely at women?

Or it is just a pr type of thing to say.

I thought the Good wife was mostly targeted to women so  :)

‘Glee’ Alum to Star in NBC Comedy Pilot ‘Imaginary Friend’

Alex Newell, most known for his role on “Glee,” has landed the title role in NBC’s pilot “Imaginary Friend,” Variety has learned exclusively

Playing the imaginary friend, Newell will co-star opposite Megan Neuringer (“Kroll Show”). The single-camera comedy follows an intelligent yet unmotivated woman, played by Neuringer, who discovers a special and unexpected way of dealing with her mediocre life.

Written by Kassia Miller, “Imaginary Friend” was one of the winners of the NBC Playground comedy initiative. Originally from Virginia, Miller is a New York City writer and actor.

Universal Television will produce with Sean Hayes’ Hazy Mills Productions, which is based at the studio. The “Will & Grace” alum with serve as an exec producer, along with his producing partner Todd Milliner. Paul Briganti will direct the pilot.

After becoming a runner-up on “The Glee Project, “Newell starred on Fox’s “Glee” as fan-favorite transgender student Wade “Unique” Adams. He is repped by CESD, Industry Entertainment and Hansen, Jacobson, Teller, Hoberman, Newman, Warren, Richman, Rush & Kaller.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/imaginary-friend-nbc-cast-alex-newell-1201659807/

• Love 1

Yeah Amber's the only on I'm surprised by in one sense in that I thought she would've released something.

But I get why no-one is being touch, if Lea's album wasn't a huge success then it doesn't bode well for the supporting cast. And as much as I like some of them I don't see anyone providing something that isn't already out there.

Well , in all fairness you never know how an album will standout until it gets released, and it's not like all successful artists are fresh and original these days. Some of the Glee artists with the right producers and packaging (IMO especially Amber and Alex) could churn out a commercially successful product in some musical genre, but yea, first you have to get it out there.

I think it's also ( though not the only thing)a little of that Glee's decline proved to have a negative burden/ baggage cred for the performers as far as being perceived as horribly auto- tuned joke, well maybe not so much Amber, but still...