Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

ETA: quaintirene, I tried to look up that info myself but it appears I need publishing credentials to log in?

Yeah you have to subscribe and it costs a ton. But always nice to point out the truth lurking behind all those Wifely lies. There's only 1 Ho'Wife book left in my opinion. And that would be Tre's prison memoir. Which I think will sell pretty well...

• Love 3

So no room exists for someone to be, oh, more than thing? It's either/or? 

Sure-- but you're the one who said "What if she wants to be that/Mrs Roper?" and I was responding to that question -- I think she longs to be All Girlish Things Wild and Untamed, but ends up being an older woman wearing pigtails while sitting precariously on handlebars, yammering on about blowies, wifely duties, dick size and threesomes.

And imo, Sonja is not a Mrs Roper, but Patsy from Ab Fab -- ready to  mount (and likely already has) anything -- a priest, a post box, a vibrating chair, a dog's muzzle,  random kiddy rides, a toaster oven, one of the other housewives -- in hopes it will get her off.

Didn't zany Mrs. Roper once don a bear suit to scare Jack?

Damn you, ryebread -- I will now spend way too long on you tube, looking at old clips!

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4

And imo, Sonja is not a Mrs Roper, but Patsy from Ab Fab -- ready to  mount (and likely already has) anything -- a priest, a post box, a vibrating chair, a dog's muzzle,  random kiddy rides, a toaster oven, one of the other housewives -- in hopes it will get her off.

This is exactly how I envision Sonja's life, LMAO. I'd dig the imagery a whole lot more if I didn't also believe that she is powerfully mentally ill. Powerfully so.

I tend to believe Luann ain't so far from living a similar lifestyle, except the Countess appears to be perfectly in charge of her faculties. Luann knows to try to hold on to her reputation, such that it is. Sonja blithely strolls through life, sucking, straddling, and riding randoms, and then honestly wonders why she can't seem to make a a real relationship stick.

It will never occur to Sonja that even an 80 year old retired banker/businessman looking for Wife #5 would consider her too much of an embarrassment to wife up. Before her antics were shown to millions, I think she may have had a chance at one last ride on Diddy's yacht in the company of the right wealthy older gentleman.

After her time on the show is over, I doubt Sonja will even get a ride on Andy Cohen's boat.

• Love 3

Sure-- but you're the one who said "What if she wants to be that/Mrs Roper?" and I was responding to that question -- I think she longs to be All Girlish Things Wild and Untamed, but ends up being an older woman wearing pigtails while sitting precariously on handlebars, yammering on about blowies, wifely duties, dick size and threesomes.

Damn you, ryebread -- I will now spend way too long on you tube, looking at old clips!

Not exactly. What I actually did was initially point out that it's fine to be more than one thing (using other journalists as examples), and your response was about not wanting her to play Mrs. Roper. Asking so what if she wanted to do that wasn't erasing my original point, which I still maintain--Carole can be more than one thing because she's a multifaceted human being. 

• Love 2

Unsure if the Clooney time line was ever clarified - I recall there being ambiguity vis-a-vis whether or not the relationship occurred pre-stardom or post, etc. I just caught the final minutes of the season 5 reunion replay and she specified that she dated him around the time "her book came out" and that he was one of the first people to whom she "showed pages." So 2004/2005.

• Love 1

I"m not a Carole fan as y'all know.  But she isn't robbing the cradle even though she may have robbed LuAnne's niece.  He's cute.  And I imagine there is a fairly large (i.e. huuuuuge) component of getting on tv and maybe parlaying that into a job at a restaurant or whatever going on there to make it worth his while to play the toy-boy part for a few weeks.  If they are having a good time that's fine with me.  That having been said, if Carole was a serious journalist, she basically stopped being one when she came on this show.  So I'm not gonna buy anything she is selling in that department.  It's not like she's doing a big undercover piece for Vanity Fair on the iniquities of Reality TV.  She's there for the money and the notoriety and to shill her product like all the other Ho'Wives.

Oh, and the figures on the Widow's Guide:  6517 since February 2014.  And they aren't putting the paperback out until October of this year.  That means almost 2 years after they pubbed the hardcover.  Which tells me they were extremely disappointed in the sales and wanted to give the public one more season of the show to get some h/cs sold before the reprint hits.  Sadly, that plan didn't work.  She's been selling 10 books this week and 15 books the next week and so on.  There has been no uptick on this season at all.

God I love BookScan!  

I didn't read Carole's book but after watching her date Nick I did not see anything that would be of any interest.  I think this plotline is fairly well worn out and perhaps Carole anger and displeasure with the old realm this season is she is not really able to launch.  Granted she did get a boatload of money for the book and I do believe whoever won that bidding war is probably now unemployed.  I really can't see her churning out a third book with brighter results.  I always thought her book would have done better with a title reflecting a young widow's journey.  Co-writing cookbooks hmmm I hear Teresa Giudice is looking for a new co-writer.

• Love 2

thumb_BFA_10060_1212552.jpg

Nicole Nadeau and Adam Kenworthy at the FRANKxDKNY After Party on September, 07 2014

The photo is from this online article:

http://allaboutthetea.com/2015/05/07/carole-radziwill-and-countess-luanns-nieceadam-connection-blown-wide-open/

Adam was enjoying 'relationships' with Carole and Nicole at the same time. There are pictures of him and Nicole at a NYC street festival in August, pictures he took at Noel's birthday party at Lu's new place in late September, he also posted a nude of Nicole on his Twitter in November (it's still there if you're so inclined.) and of course they took the group trip together to Nicaragua. 

And he and Carole hooked up for the first time, when?  Lucky thing Carole is A-okay with open relationships.  Even if he and Nic are just friends, how mature of all parties concerned.

Mazel, Adam. Get it! as people so often say about Carole.  You had a swell set up at Lu's in the Hamptons.  A great place to hang at Carole's in the city.  Maybe Sonja can hook you up in Gstaad..

• Love 6

Adam was enjoying 'relationships' with Carole and Nicole at the same time. There are pictures of him and Nicole at a NYC street festival in August, pictures he took at Noel's birthday party at Lu's new place in late September, he also posted a nude of Nicole on his Twitter in November (it's still there if you're so inclined.) and of course they took the group trip together to Nicaragua. 

And he and Carole hooked up for the first time, when?  Lucky thing Carole is A-okay with open relationships.  Even if he and Nic are just friends, how mature of all parties concerned.

Mazel, Adam. Get it! as people so often say about Carole.  You had a swell set up at Lu's in the Hamptons.  A great place to hang at Carole's in the city.  Maybe Sonja can hook you up in Gstaad..

If it is true that Adam was hitting both Carole and Nicole AFTER Adam started dating Carole, then she was not upset with Carole also being with him as she is the 1 that told LuAnn about Adam/Carole first!  Which makes LuAnn's indignation all the more questionable! LOL 

• Love 1

Carole was pretty arrogant at the finale party throwing the one year line out there regarding Adam and Nicole.  This is why you don't get involved with friends or family of friends.  It is not as simple as he is a single guy and I am a single girl.  The jokes Carole made about Harry having dated Sonja 20 years ago and Luann after her divorce and prior to Jacques look mild compared to this situation.  I will say this Adam doesn't seem to be as convincing as the evidence mounts.

Adam is not Luann's family. Nor her friend.

If that was in response to me I believe I said friends of family. Adam was involved with her niece and I would say he was friendly enough with Luann to land a chef's position and be filmed for the show.

Twitter? Do you mean Instagram? Adam just got on Twitter this spring. However, 41 weeks ago, he posted this pic to his IG. The picture has this caption and first repsonse from Adam:

Caption: "LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE BRIGHT @nicolenadeau Today I finally had a look at the shutter count on my 7D. It has taken around 28,000 pictures in 3 years. Must say it's prob one of the best investments I have ever made. Originally I bought the camera to take photos and videos of snowboarding and surfing. Over the years my passion for photography has brought me to a strong appreciation of portraits. This image is from a series of slow shutter portraits I did last year. #photography #portraits #nyc #bw #artist #nicolenadeau #canon #7d"

His response to the pic he posted: "I did a collaboration with artist Nicole Nadeau this is one of the images from the series #letyourlightshinebright"

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 3

Carole has talked about going to Oregon to spend time with her sister in law and writing What Remains, her sister in law was also writing a book. LuAnn is desperate.

"I went back to Oregon to spend time with my sister-in-law, and also to get back to work. This time was much different. I stayed in a quaint old hotel on a tree-lined main street in wine country. Vineyards cloak the rolling hills, it’s absurdly picturesque. I crushed grapes in cashmere, I drank pinot noir by the pool. (Well, sometimes. I mostly drank Diet Coke.) I had dinners at a French bistro owned by a woman I grew up with in Suffern, small world. And I worked on my novel while my sister-in-law worked on hers (still untitled!) She’s a writer, too. We made up wayward villains and shady heroes together. We wrote on the rooftop of the hotel some days, where they made us the best guacamole. We came up with a gruesome murder mystery starring all the characters of this eccentric little town – Murder on Third Street." http://www.caroleradziwill.com/bio/my-story

• Love 2

Carole has talked about going to Oregon to spend time with her sister in law and writing What Remains, her sister in law was also writing a book. LuAnn is desperate.

"I went back to Oregon to spend time with my sister-in-law, and also to get back to work. This time was much different. I stayed in a quaint old hotel on a tree-lined main street in wine country. Vineyards cloak the rolling hills, it’s absurdly picturesque. I crushed grapes in cashmere, I drank pinot noir by the pool. (Well, sometimes. I mostly drank Diet Coke.) I had dinners at a French bistro owned by a woman I grew up with in Suffern, small world. And I worked on my novel while my sister-in-law worked on hers (still untitled!) She’s a writer, too. We made up wayward villains and shady heroes together. We wrote on the rooftop of the hotel some days, where they made us the best guacamole. We came up with a gruesome murder mystery starring all the characters of this eccentric little town – Murder on Third Street." http://www.caroleradziwill.com/bio/my-story

I am not doubting Luann heard that about Carole-I just think the sister-in-law getting a divorce might have more to do with the sudden revelation.  Interesting she is being hired by Kelly Bensimon.  I wonder if Carole made the referral or if this exSIL is actively recruiting RH and ex RH as clients.

You say desperate and I think maybe after being beaten down for how she feels about Adam dating Carole and how she feels about Carole and Heather entering her bedroom she is just striking back.  I hate it when they blow all these friendships up because the show can't continue without an overhaul.

From a few pics on Adam's Instagram page it looks as if Adam may have moved in with Carole! She seems to downplay their relationship, but I think she has really fallen for the dude. Luanne probably realizes this, and is salty about it- not just because Adam and Nicole didn't work out, but because Lu hasn't found someone to love!

• Love 1

Was thrifting yesterday and found myself with a paperback copy of What Remains in my hands.

Carole was apparently comfortable enough with the John and Carolyn friendship that she not only put a cameo of them on the cover but also referenced their friendships.

Kind of telling, I think. Doubt it was publisher-driven.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 1

Carole's sister-in-law divorced Carole's brother years ago. This isn't a sudden thing or a recent development. I found this out from a quick Google search: "Long Commutes Can Drive Couples Apart." The story is from May 2011, where the writer says that Anthony (Carole's brother) and Teresa (Carole's sister-in-law) were divorced. Despite the divorce, the two women are still close with each other (Carole has a niece and a nephew from that union). 

But it's cute how All About the Real Housewives is trying to play the same fast and loose game that LuAnn tries to play. 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 7

If that was in response to me I believe I said friends of family. Adam was involved with her niece and I would say he was friendly enough with Luann to land a chef's position and be filmed for the show.

I'm really trying to understand this... "Friendly" is decidedly not the same as friends.

Certainly you could say the two exes, Adam and Nicole, (by multiple accounts) were friends in addition to having dated. You could also say Luann and Carole were friends. But Nicole and Carole were never friends. And Adam and Luann were never friends, and this by their own accounts.

So you're saying people aren't supposed to date the friends of their friends' relatives? So that would be... friendsoffriendsfamily code?

• Love 3

Twitter? Do you mean Instagram?

Yes, thank you.  Instagram. 

Carole was apparently comfortable enough with the John and Carolyn friendship that she not only put a cameo of them on the cover but also referenced their friendships.

Kind of telling, I think. Doubt it was publisher-driven.

A question for our boardmates in the publishing biz:  this copy has a different cover than the one I read years ago.  Why would the cover change and now include pics of the Radziwills and Kennedys? Just to sell more copies?

Also, in 2003 a writer/photographer named Sally Mann had a book published and titled it, "What Remains". It was later adapted into a film.

Four years later, along comes Radziwill and also titles her book, "What Remains". 

So "What Gives"?  Is that uncommon in your field - that a writer uses the title of an already published work?

0427a5297fe2f9fa8c340b8e06f9da0f.jpg     what-remains-memoir-fate-friendship-love  51X-Yv%2BZy6L._SY445_.jpg

It is very common to have titles duplicated, and more! And cover art changes frequently. It almost always changes from the hardcover to the paperback.

Beyond that I know nothing about what drove this publisher's decision-making process.

At the end of the day it almost has to have something to do with sales.

• Love 2

The recycling of titles was actually mentioned when Ramona's book was under discussion. I think the newer cover of What Remains is far more striking and evocative, as well as less cluttered. I wonder how many prospective buyers would even to recognize JFK Jr or his wife any more.

I also wonder if Carole had any hint that Luann might be dragging Carole's sister-in-law into thus. Another reason for the total war state that now seems to exist.

• Love 3

The recycling of titles was actually mentioned when Ramona's book was under discussion. I think the newer cover of What Remains is far more striking and evocative, as well as less cluttered. I wonder how many prospective buyers would even to recognize JFK Jr or his wife any more.

I also wonder if Carole had any hint that Luann might be dragging Carole's sister-in-law into thus. Another reason for the total war state that now seems to exist.

I had to take a really really close look to determine that it was indeed John and Carolyn. Enough so that I wondered, Why bother?

Wow. LuAnn is not only digging in her heels, she's taking up residency with this issue!

• Love 2

Carole had to know. I posted months ago when it was revealed that Aviva and Lu were suddenly friendly that the GW deal was about to be revived. If I could smell that outside of Detroit, I have little doubt that Carole could. That was back in early May, right around the time Carole started pushing back on Lu hard on Twitter. More than likely Lu wasn't quiet about her detective work. I hope it gets included in the footage. Lu should be exposed for trying to bring Carole down in such a manner. Even if they leave it on the cutting room floor, I would find it hard to imagine Carole moving on from it. She will always know what Lu is capable of. One thing that Heather said in an interview about that same time was that Lu had done something so disgusting that it would be impossible to ever let her have her heart again. I believe this is what she was referring to.

• Love 2

Devil's advocate, what if she did use a gw?  IF she did, she should be exposed! The dynamics of a lot of relationships were changed, last season, because of that.  Andy says that Aviva was fired because the fans didn't like her.  Of course they didn't.  If anyone ever breathed a word of Carole having some help with WR, all hell broke loose. I know that there were other things to dislike about Aviva besides trying to expose Carole but from what I saw, the ball really started rolling because of what she said about Carole.

In all seriousness, if you're a fan and it turns out she lied, then what?

If Luann and Aviva and Kelly concocted this story, do you think Andy would allow Lu to bring it up at the reunion?  Even though Carole is a friend?

• Love 2

It is very common to have titles duplicated, and more! And cover art changes frequently. It almost always changes from the hardcover to the paperback.

Beyond that I know nothing about what drove this publisher's decision-making process.

At the end of the day it almost has to have something to do with sales.

I can totally see the original cover having JFK Jr. on it, anything with the Kennedys sells.  Maybe now the publisher thought that with Carole being on RH, her name would be a seller.

• Love 1

Devil's advocate, what if she did use a gw? IF she did, she should be exposed! The dynamics of a lot of relationships were changed, last season, because of that. Andy says that Aviva was fired because the fans didn't like her. Of course they didn't. If anyone ever breathed a word of Carole having some help with WR, all hell broke loose. I know that there were other things to dislike about Aviva besides trying to expose Carole but from what I saw, the ball really started rolling because of what she said about Carole.

If Luann and Aviva and Kelly concocted this story, do you think Andy would allow Lu to bring it up at the reunion? Even though Carole is a friend?

If Andy would *allow* LuAnn to bring it up at the reunion? I don't think Andy has any control over what comes out of LuAnn's mouth. I believe there was an accusation made, I'm interested to see if it makes it to air.

If Teresa DiFalco states she was Carole's gw, I will believe her...otherwise, it looks to me like desperate women making wild assumptions and trying to 'take Carole down'.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 8
tu

Devil's advocate, what if she did use a gw?  IF she did, she should be exposed! The dynamics of a lot of relationships were changed, last season, because of that.  Andy says that Aviva was fired because the fans didn't like her.  Of course they didn't.  If anyone ever breathed a word of Carole having some help with WR, all hell broke loose. I know that there were other things to dislike about Aviva besides trying to expose Carole but from what I saw, the ball really started rolling because of what she said about Carole.

If Luann and Aviva and Kelly concocted this story, do you think Andy would allow Lu to bring it up at the reunion?  Even though Carole is a friend?

IMO, after all the press about her, Carole, using a GW, if she did use 1, we would have read reports confirming that fact and naming the GW. If it turns out she lied about it, then it does change my perception of her but in all honesty, outside the GW coming forward and admitting they wrote the book, I am unwilling to believe Aviva, LuAnn or Kelly (if in fact Kelly is part of this, we don't know for a fact that she is).

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 4

If Andy would *allow* LuAnn to bring it up at the reunion? I don't think Andy has any control over what comes out of LuAnn's mouth. I believe there was an accusation made, I'm interested to see if it makes it to air.

I meant if he'll allow it to air.  And will he allow it to air without substantial proof?  Or won't he care? I don't think he has much of a problem throwing his friends under the bus - with or without reason.  Except Bethenny.  She appears untouchable right now.

• Love 1

I must have missed something! What's the latest re Carole and the ghostwriter? Luann has proof? It has something to do with Kelly Bensimon??

If it comes to pass that Kelly "Satchels of Gold" Bensimon gets outed as the ghostwriter I am going to bleed internally due to laughing.

Al Sharpton!  Al Sharpton!

• Love 6

I must have missed something! What's the latest re Carole and the ghostwriter? Luann has proof? It has something to do with Kelly Bensimon??

Kelly is writing a novel with Teresa DiFalco, who is Carole's former sister in law and current good friend. Obviously, this means Teresa DiFalco also wrote Carole's book! I mean, duh.

• Love 5

I can totally see the original cover having JFK Jr. on it, anything with the Kennedys sells.  Maybe now the publisher thought that with Carole being on RH, her name would be a seller.

That's what seems kind of odd. The hardcover had the more minimalist art and the paperback (usually published app. a year post hardcover) is the one with the, what I am calling, cameos/pix. And they're quite small and not particularly clear. Odd. Because, if you're gonna use the Kennedys maybe make them more easily recognized?

Wish I had bought the book! I knew I wouldn't read it but it could have been mined for other info.

• Love 1

Carole's sister-in-law divorced Carole's brother years ago. This isn't a sudden thing or a recent development. I found this out from a quick Google search: "Long Commutes Can Drive Couples Apart." The story is from May 2011, where the writer says that Anthony (Carole's brother) and Teresa (Carole's sister-in-law) were divorced. Despite the divorce, the two women are still close with each other (Carole has a niece and a nephew from that union). 

But it's cute how All About the Real Housewives is trying to play the same fast and loose game that LuAnn tries to play. 

After watching this week's installment of the Reunion I am not convinced Carole really has a good read on people.  She keeps claiming Luann was okay with everything when Luann seems to disagree, I still maintain Luann knows how she feels more so than Carole.

At this point after Carole accused Luann of using a ghost writer for tweeting if it really any surprise the ghost writing allegations have surfaced again?  To me the only difference is last year they were novel, this year it seems there is more than one source that refutes Carole's account. 

I don't really care about if Carole uses ghostwriters I will say she is very generous with praise for those who helped her write.  At times she kind of shoots herself in the foot with the praise of others' input, assistance and guidance.  Sadly Carole did not have a third book out in time for this year's cycle and probably not next season.  Maybe she should have put her efforts into getting a book out on time than screwing around with Adam.  After the dismal sales of her last book it would seem she needs to get busy.  It doesn't sound as if she has any six figure bonuses coming her way. 

Whatever happened to Carole's sitcom-the one she would have to be living part time in LA to help produce?  Is it on the fall schedule?

Edited by zoeysmom

I meant if he'll allow it to air.  And will he allow it to air without substantial proof?  Or won't he care? I don't think he has much of a problem throwing his friends under the bus - with or without reason.  Except Bethenny.  She appears untouchable right now.

He allowed the GW allegations last year, ALllllll season long and at the reunion as well, so I don't think Andy would cut it just because he is friends with Carole. I DO think he would cut it had it been Bethenny though! LOL

After watching this week's installment of the Reunion I am not convinced Carole really has a good read on people.  She keeps claiming Luann was okay with everything when Luann seems to disagree, I still maintain Luann knows how she feels more so than Carole.

At this point after Carole accused Luann of using a ghost writer for tweeting if it really any surprise the ghost writing allegations have surfaced again?  To me the only difference is last year they were novel, this year it seems there is more than one source that refutes Carole's account. 

I don't really care about if Carole uses ghostwriters I will say she is very generous with praise for those who helped her write.  At times she kind of shoots herself in the foot with the praise of others' input, assistance and guidance.  Sadly Carole did not have a third book out in time for this year's cycle and probably not next season.  Maybe she should have put her efforts into getting a book out on time than screwing around with Adam.  After the dismal sales of her last book it would seem she needs to get busy.  It doesn't sound as if she has any six figure bonuses coming her way. 

Whatever happened to Carole's sitcom-the one she would have to be living part time in LA to help produce?  Is it on the fall schedule?

If LuAnn was really upset with Carole/Adam dating then she did a poor job telling Carole during filming and she did a great job of hiding her feelings on camera and deserves an Oscar for her acting ability! LOL

There are only 2 people that have publicly claimed Carole used a GW, 1. Aviva who claimed BW was the GW last season and 2. LuAnn who is about to claim her ex SIL, with whom Carole is close too, was the GW. We have NOT heard 1 word from Kelly accusing Carole, whom she doesn't know at all, of doing/using anyone for anything.

With as big of a deals as it was last year, I am sure we would have read reputable reports/articles of who the GW was by this time had she used 1 and that has NOT happened at all.

• Love 3

I believe she used her SiL as a GW because it makes zero sense for her to write a "prolific", critically acclaimed memoir and then do jack squat for years. When she started the show she was doing a fluff piece on the Kardashians for a fashion magazine. If she were such a great writer and hard hitting journalist, at the very least she would be writing pieces for The New Yorker, Atlantic Monthly or even Huffington Post. And then, of course, her novel flopped.

• Love 2

There are a lot of writers who only wrote one good book. Harper Lee comes to mind--I don't believe that "new" book is new or anything she meant to be published. I think Ralph Ellison only finished one novel. Same for the guy who wrote The Leopard. And memoir and light fiction are very different genres, it's not so surprising that a journalist could craft a good nonfiction story but fail at romcoms. (I haven't read her novel.) As for freelance journalism, you take the gigs you can. It does puzzle me a bit that she hasn't gone back to journalism, but there may be more producers than jobs these days.

• Love 5

If she were such a great writer and hard hitting journalist, at the very least she would be writing pieces for The New Yorker, Atlantic Monthly or even Huffington Post. And then, of course, her novel flopped.

That always makes me wonder. As far as I can tell, she's written nothing. I don't really count transcribing her lunchtime interviews with celebrities for Glamour magazine as writing. But that appears to have been a paycheck for a while. No shame.

Wirewrap, you are correct in that only 2 of the HWs have accused Carole of a GW. But there are a couple people here on this board who are in NYC publishing who've heard it before the HWS put it out there. Also, Bethenny said on her show that "people around here" believed it to be true. The way she said it indicated that the people she was talking about were her staff.

Maybe there's something, maybe there's nothing. But I think Stephen King said

• Love 4

There are a lot of writers who only wrote one good book. Harper Lee comes to mind--I don't believe that "new" book is new or anything she meant to be published. I think Ralph Ellison only finished one novel. Same for the guy who wrote The Leopard. And memoir and light fiction are very different genres, it's not so surprising that a journalist could craft a good nonfiction story but fail at romcoms. (I haven't read her novel.) As for freelance journalism, you take the gigs you can. It does puzzle me a bit that she hasn't gone back to journalism, but there may be more producers than jobs these days.

It doesn't make sense that someone who wrote a nonfiction book hadn't written anything substantial in years and was reduced to fluff pieces. As I said before, if she were that great of a writer with her background in journalism, she would have much better assignments than the Kardashians. Also, she seemed pretty content with it which tells me that she doesn't take writing all that seriously. I mean, she couldn't even get features in NYT or anything? Whiffs of a ghost writer helping her with a pseudo celeb memoir.

• Love 3

I believe she used her SiL as a GW because it makes zero sense for her to write a "prolific", critically acclaimed memoir and then do jack squat for years. When she started the show she was doing a fluff piece on the Kardashians for a fashion magazine. If she were such a great writer and hard hitting journalist, at the very least she would be writing pieces for The New Yorker, Atlantic Monthly or even Huffington Post. And then, of course, her novel flopped.

Carole, herself, said that she stepped away from her old life completely after Anthony died. It is very possible that writing her 1st book was all she could do/handle and then she distanced herself from the award winning writer that she was prior to his death. If you compare the last book she wrote and the types of articles she has done in the last few years to her work before Anthony's death, there is a world of difference IMO. She seems to want to write more "fluff" pieces now, I think returning to her old writing style, her old way of life or anything that relates to her life before and with Anthony is too frightening and emotional for her. Death and Grief affect everyone differently and I think Carole doesn't want to deal with anything that is too serious, be it a relationship, a job, her writing or even her lifestyle.  JMO though

• Love 3

I'm really trying to understand this... "Friendly" is decidedly not the same as friends.

Certainly you could say the two exes, Adam and Nicole, (by multiple accounts) were friends in addition to having dated. You could also say Luann and Carole were friends. But Nicole and Carole were never friends. And Adam and Luann were never friends, and this by their own accounts.

So you're saying people aren't supposed to date the friends of their friends' relatives? So that would be... friendsoffriendsfamily code?

I would say with Adam befriending Luann's son, having a relationship with her niece, who she seems close to, that a little caution might be in order.  Carole was friends with Luann, she met a former lover of Luann's family member at Luann's house who was cooking for Luann and her family.  There is no code other than common sense.  Obviously Carole thought it was an issue because she expressed it on the air a couple of times.

• Love 3

He allowed the GW allegations last year, ALllllll season long and at the reunion as well, so I don't think Andy would cut it just because he is friends with Carole. I DO think he would cut it had it been Bethenny though! LOL

Thank you.  You answered the question I asked in the First Looks thread.

Since the ghost writer allegations came up "all season long and at the reunion"  last season I understand it being a topic of discussion.  However, unless I missed it that did not happen this season.  Isn't it pretty standard for the reunion to focus on what happened during the recent season?

Thank you.  You answered the question I asked in the First Looks thread.

Since the ghost writer allegations came up "all season long and at the reunion"  last season I understand it being a topic of discussion.  However, unless I missed it that did not happen this season.  Isn't it pretty standard for the reunion to focus on what happened during the recent season?

You are correct, no one talked about this season at all. IMO, if LuAnn does this, she is trying to really hurt/destroy Carole, possibly in hopes she quits the show.

I don't think Andy cares if they rehash stuff as long as it doesn't break that darn 4th wall of his/production. If he allows this to air on the reunion, I am sure that Carole will make mince meat of LuAnn, this may be why she is said to have lunged at Carole during the reunion, and it may jeopardize LuAnn's return to the show next season. LuAnn just might be cutting her own throat this reunion, only time will tell.

• Love 1

You are correct, no one talked about this season at all. IMO, if LuAnn does this, she is trying to really hurt/destroy Carole, possibly in hopes she quits the show.

I don't think Andy cares if they rehash stuff as long as it doesn't break that darn 4th wall of his/production. If he allows this to air on the reunion, I am sure that Carole will make mince meat of LuAnn, this may be why she is said to have lunged at Carole during the reunion, and it may jeopardize LuAnn's return to the show next season. LuAnn just might be cutting her own throat this reunion, only time will tell.

Thank you.

LuAnn is not stupid but she seems to lack the temperament and stamina to go head to head with Carole and maintain her "cool."   I was impressed with the way Carole handled herself at the reunion.  

• Love 2

I think you are on to something.  I recall reading an interview last season where Andy basically told his friend Carole to "suck it up" when the whole Bookgate mess came out last year and she had complained.  Perhaps Luann made an assumption that she could revive Bookgate with her new information and not only re-open the hornet's nest and secure her place in the cast.   She could not only continue her personal tirade against Carole and also discredit her professionally.  I agree she just might have cut her own throat.

In Season 1,  I remember Luann leaving her kids home to go to some club with her niece so it's not surprising that LuAnn is upset about the Adam situation - but I'm not sure I am convinced that Carole broke up a committed relationship - and it didn't seem that Adam considered it a committed relationship if he ended up calling Carole for a date. .  While I applaud Luann for her defense of her niece's feelings, if she is exaggerating, she does her niece a disservice.   I share the opinion of others that Luann made the Carole/Adam relationship her storyline for most of the season.

My sister is a book editor.  She has edited (which in some cases means restructured) authors words and thoughts - and some have been large efforts.  That doesn't mean she's a ghostwriter.  No doubt Carole wanted her SIL's input into her first book and she acknowledged that in her book.   I wonder if Carole has come to the realization that maybe she needed that  input for her other two books.

• Love 3

My sister is a book editor.  She has edited (which in some cases means restructured) authors words and thoughts - and some have been large efforts.  That doesn't mean she's a ghostwriter.  No doubt Carole wanted her SIL's input into her first book and she acknowledged that in her book.   I wonder if Carole has come to the realization that maybe she needed that  input for her other two books.

While book editors do, in fact, help restructure books, her SiL is an actual ghostwriter and if she did that much work on Carole's book, then Carole had a ghostwriter. A ghostwriter can write most of the book but many times it is helping the author refashion prose, elaborate ideas, etc. it isn't like somebody is accusing Carole of plagiarizing or making stuff up in the memoir. I straight up don't think she wrote it herself based on her subsequent career. Also, "stepping away from that life" doesn't preclude sticking to fluff pieces like interviews with the Kardashians. That definitely makes no sense. (You didn't say this but wirewrap did)
  • Love 3

I think you are on to something.  I recall reading an interview last season where Andy basically told his friend Carole to "suck it up" when the whole Bookgate mess came out last year and she had complained.  Perhaps Luann made an assumption that she could revive Bookgate with her new information and not only re-open the hornet's nest and secure her place in the cast.   She could not only continue her personal tirade against Carole and also discredit her professionally.  I agree she just might have cut her own throat.

In Season 1,  I remember Luann leaving her kids home to go to some club with her niece so it's not surprising that LuAnn is upset about the Adam situation - but I'm not sure I am convinced that Carole broke up a committed relationship - and it didn't seem that Adam considered it a committed relationship if he ended up calling Carole for a date. .  While I applaud Luann for her defense of her niece's feelings, if she is exaggerating, she does her niece a disservice.   I share the opinion of others that Luann made the Carole/Adam relationship her storyline for most of the season.

LuAnn admitted that Nicole (her niece) and Adam had broken a "while a go" before Carole even met him and only LuAnn claims they were still sleeping together. The trip she used as proof they were still somewhat together was a trip that included quite a few other people (I believe someone here posted that there were over 20 people, all going together) with all of them going to an organic farm in (I believe) Nicaragua. That is not some romantic getaway IMO, nor does it imply they were still a "couple". I do think LuAnn was upset that Nicole was the 1 to tell her about Carole/Adam because she believes that Carole should have done that herself right away. I also believe that LuAnn would have been fine if Carole had just had sex with Adam and not a relationship with him. In fact, she kind of said that when she told Carole that you sleep with 20somethings "but you don't introduce them to your kids" at the Finale. IMO, this is LuAnn's storyline this season because she had nothing else to offer the producers outside 1 episode with her clothing line.

• Love 1

While book editors do, in fact, help restructure books, her SiL is an actual ghostwriter and if she did that much work on Carole's book, then Carole had a ghostwriter. A ghostwriter can write most of the book but many times it is helping the author refashion prose, elaborate ideas, etc. it isn't like somebody is accusing Carole of plagiarizing or making stuff up in the memoir. I straight up don't think she wrote it herself based on her subsequent career. Also, "stepping away from that life" doesn't preclude sticking to fluff pieces like interviews with the Kardashians. That definitely makes no sense. (You didn't say this but wirewrap did)

How many authors do you know that write both nonfiction and fiction and do well in both? Carole's life before her husbands death is so fundamentally different than her life after his death. Maybe had she only lost him, she would have faired better after some time but also losing her best friend and biggest supporters that helped her through Anthony's illness and impending death seems was to much for her to recover who/what she was before the 3 died. Carole was an award winning journalist before all this happened, she wrote serious reports/articles about current events, not fluff pieces. She now only seems to do these fluff pieces and want a bohemian, free style of life, which is opposite of her life before and during her marriage to Anthony.

Having her SIL read through her first book while she wrote it does NOT mean the SIL made any major changes, wrote the book for Carole or acted as a GW in any fashion for Carole. I find it suspect that LuAnn reconnected with Aviva and all of a sudden there are rumors that the GW was her SIL and not BW as Aviva stated as fact. It is called throwing mud at someone and hoping that it sticks!

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 5

My Yahoo homepage has a "Trending Now" section.  One of the names listed was Carole Radziwell.  Since this is such a hot topic here on PTV I had to click on it.  It took me to the Inquisitr site that had two pieces about the Carol/LuAnne disagreement.

The first one merely recaps the story and confirms that Carole clearly had the most support on Twitter which I already knew.

Twitter Backs Carole

The second one was news to me and I wonder if we'll hear more about it during the Reunion.  It claims that the Countess tried to hook up with a friend of Heather's who coink-i-dink-ily just happened to have dated Nicole.  If that's true, LuAnn has some explaining to do..

LuAnn and Heather's Friend

It's a real slippery slope.   It will always be a debate topic.  I can only offer that if Carole's SIL isn't claiming author credit for What Remains, then Luann should keep her mouth shut. 

She told Dorinda that she essentially cut her ties with ABC after her husband's death and was in the process of re-establishing them.   I'm going out on a limb here and presuming that she had enough money to basically do whatever she wanted to do career-wise.  Once her memoir was published, the print mags probably offered her enough money for the fluff assignments to pay her bills - and to give her name recognition.   I don't see her as a particularly motivated person.

My take on Carole's persona post-Anthony is one of too cool member of the boho-intelligentsia that has the subtle whiff  of (either/or) money or pedigree.   Like Bethenny, she's moved from the Greek chorus role to the snarky/snide role and it's not attractive at times.

• Love 3