Type keyword(s) to search

Kim Richards: No Escape from Witch Mountain

• Start Topic

Is there any evidence that Kathy hasn't ever helped Kim financially or otherwise?

Is there any evidence that she has? 

The bottom line for me is that if Kim had all the support she needed through Kathy or someone else, she wouldn't be complaining about Kyle.  I also think Kim is a bottomless pit when it comes to need of support.  Kim just likes to 'blame' everyone else for everything that is wrong in her life in order to justify that she is blameless or responsible for how her life is. 

• Love 7

I think it is implied with her constant moving and Kyle's comments about Mauricio having to support her like a second wife.  Even this season Kyle touched on Kim's excesses with buying five pairs of a pair of shoes is she likes them instead of one.  Kim did not always make wise choices financially and now she is having to adjust to her present financial situation.  It is not to say that she doesn't get help from Monty but the woman like many RH before her needs a second source of income.

Kim is certainly needy, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if both Kyle and Kathy have helped her out in the past. But this notion of Kyle - and Kyle alone (not Kathy, not the exes) - as Kim's "bank," is ridiculous and unfounded. In just this past episode, when Yolanda told Kyle that it's her job to take care of Kim, she was incredulous and said she didn't want the job. Kyle and Mauricio seem like they're very kind and generous to Kim, and Kyle in particular gets duped by her, but other than that, I think people just assume things about their financial pasts due to what they see on the show - Kyle is in a happy and stable marriage with a successful husband, and Kim's life is a mess. But I bet if Kathy was also in the cast, people's assumptions would be different.

• Love 3

Kim is certainly needy, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if both Kyle and Kathy have helped her out in the past. But this notion of Kyle - and Kyle alone (not Kathy, not the exes) - as Kim's "bank," is ridiculous and unfounded. In just this past episode, when Yolanda told Kyle that it's her job to take care of Kim, she was incredulous and said she didn't want the job. Kyle and Mauricio seem like they're very kind and generous to Kim, and Kyle in particular gets duped by her, but other than that, I think people just assume things about their financial pasts due to what they see on the show - Kyle is in a happy and stable marriage with a successful husband, and Kim's life is a mess. But I bet if Kathy was also in the cast, people's assumptions would be different.

I think once Kim got regular employment her need for outside contributions probably diminished.  I am pretty certain last season Kim rolled up in a Bentley when she went shopping right before the Palm Springs trip. 

I look at this way. . . say Kim signs her contract in June and gets 75% of what she will be paid for the season.  The next check comes in February after she films the Reunion.  This past year with a wedding and 5/7/9 day hospital stay, boob job Kim may come up short and need a little help from Kyle or Kathy.   It may not be living expenses it may be for extras.  I do know that Kim is very generous, especially to her children, so when she has money she may get carried away. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 4

Kim ignoring Kyles texts, if thats true, is another example of what a horrid person she is. Her child is in trouble. Its been clear that Kylle loves Kim's kids and vice versa. A decent mother, a decent person would be encouraging that love. She should be making it clear to Chad that his aunt is calling texting and very concerned. But like everything else I have no doubt Kim is making this all about HER. What a vile piece of human garbage is Kim Richards.

Preach.

• Love 5

I think once Kim got regular employment her need for outside contributions probably diminished.  I am pretty certain last season Kim rolled up in a Bentley went she went shopping right before the Palm Springs trip. 

I look at this way. . . say Kim signs her contract in June and gets 75% of what she will be paid for the season.  The next check comes in February after she films the Reunion.  This past year with a wedding and 5/7/9 day hospital stay, boob job Kim may come up short and need a little help from Kyle or Kim.   It may not be living expenses it may be for extras.  I do know that Kim is very generous, especially to her children, so when she has money she may get carried away.

She sounds fiscally irresponsible. Not a surprise.

• Love 4

Is there any evidence that she has?

The bottom line for me is that if Kim had all the support she needed through Kathy or someone else, she wouldn't be complaining about Kyle. I also think Kim is a bottomless pit when it comes to need of support. Kim just likes to 'blame' everyone else for everything that is wrong in her life in order to justify that she is blameless or responsible for how her life is.

I agree with you that Kim is a bottomless pit when it comes to needing support.

Truth isn't part of Kim's vocabulary so we'll never know if Kathy has helped her out or not but she seems to praise Kathy all the time. I can't help but wonder why she would praise someone who hasn't helped her and give someone who has such a hard time............probably because she's just a mean, vindictive, self-centered individual as well as a substance abuser.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 5

I don't think that Kyle and Mauricio are Kim's bank but I do think Kim does fall back on both Kyle and Kathy when bill collectors are knocking at the door.  And I also think that Kim thinks it's their obligation to 'help' her out.  Can I back that up with facts?  No.  It's just a feeling I get from Kim's poor me attitude.  It's another way, in Kim's eyes, of 'supporting' her.

• Love 4

Yea, I think Kim feels her sisters "owe" her because her acting gigs likely supported them growing up. She's even alluded to it several times, ie. after her 5,7,9-day hospital stay, when she seemed to be thanking Kyle, and said she's always been there for her (privately, of course...publicly she calls her unsupportive), and then added: "and I've always been there for you." She just couldn't help herself.

• Love 2

Or maybe Kim suspects that ROL is Kyle's go to "drop gossip" place, and she doesn't want to give her any more information to drop.  Or she just doesn't WANT to deal with Kyle after all the horrible news she's had in the last week or two, Monty getting the news his remission is over, and there is nothing more they can do, and now her child, probably Chad, once again in a psych ward.

I think Kyle is awful, and makes everything about herself just as much as Kim does.  They are toxic together, so not wanting Kyle around might be one of the sanest things Kim has done.

• Love 1

I'm not sure which thread, but I know we've already been through this exact topic! Kyle never said they were a package deal. Somebody might have interpreted that from something Kyle said, but then it's the misinterpretation that spread, not Kyle's actual words. Secondly, Kathy Hilton and her family have lived in Beverly Hills all her life. Yes, she's a social climber and raised three kids, but so did Kyle (and still does). I don't know what it is about Kathy's life that precludes her from helping Kim out financially, esp. since they're much closer than Kim and Kyle. But I also don't understand why either sister had to help her out. Is there any evidence, or even gossip, that Kim was in financial straits?

Yes, she has but I do not think it was in reference to their Bravo contract but more about their bond as sisters, as I stated, I think some took it the wrong way when she said it. Kathy is often gone, traveling, even when her kids were babies so she is not around all that much. Kim, herself, said she was like a second wife to Mauricio and IMO, she was referring to finances, help around the house getting things done/fixed, things along those lines. Kathy is in an even better position to help Kim but I never got the impression she has done for Kim like Kim says Kyle has. This is the first season that Kim has said she prefers Kathy over Kyle and she parroted exactly what Brandi said to her, word for word. I get the impression that Brandi has pushed Kim away from Kyle and toward Kathy more for her, Brandi's, benefit than Kims.

Is there any evidence that Kathy hasn't ever helped Kim financially or otherwise?

Kim never spoke much about Kathy helping her until Brandi spoon fed her that Kathy is the better sister. Until then, it has always been Kyle helping her according to Kim. Remember Kimberly's graduation last season. Kathy was to help plan the party and it was to be at Kathy's house but Kathy went to England to view Royal China Patterns, at Buckingham Palace, with other tourists and left Kim high and dry. That is why she, Kim, had to change the time of the party. 

I agree with you that Kim is a bottomless pit when it comes to needing support.

Truth isn't part of Kim's vocabulary so we'll never know if Kathy has helped her out or not but she seems to praise Kathy all the time. I can't help but wonder why she would praise someone who hasn't helped her and give someone who has such a hard time............probably because she's just a mean, vindictive, self-centered individual as well as a substance abuser.

I believe that Kim takes pleasure in hurting Kyle, something she has done since childhood. I can totally see her saying that Kathy is the better sister for the sole purpose of hurting Kyle and for no other reason. IMO, Kim is that vindictive and selfish.

Or maybe Kim suspects that ROL is Kyle's go to "drop gossip" place, and she doesn't want to give her any more information to drop.  Or she just doesn't WANT to deal with Kyle after all the horrible news she's had in the last week or two, Monty getting the news his remission is over, and there is nothing more they can do, and now her child, probably Chad, once again in a psych ward.

I think Kyle is awful, and makes everything about herself just as much as Kim does.  They are toxic together, so not wanting Kyle around might be one of the sanest things Kim has done.

She needs to be more concerned with her BF Brandi feeding stories to ROL and other tabloids, not Kyle. It is Brandi that buys that garbage to find dirt on the other women and their families, she is the one that calls them when she goes out drinking/partying. I have not seen that from any of the other HWs, including Kyle.

• Love 5

Or, ROL heard that one of Kim's children has been hospitalized and it's an easy jump, given what's been out there in the media about their current relationship, to say that Kim isn't replying to Kyle's texts.  I don't think Kyle has gone to ROL at all.  There has been nothing out there to back up any claim that Kyle doesn't genuinely care about her nieces and nephews.  It's all hogwash to me.

• Love 3

Yes, she has but I do not think it was in reference to their Bravo contract but more about their bond as sisters, as I stated, I think some took it the wrong way when she said it. Kathy is often gone, traveling, even when her kids were babies so she is not around all that much. Kim, herself, said she was like a second wife to Mauricio and IMO, she was referring to finances, help around the house getting things done/fixed, things along those lines. Kathy is in an even better position to help Kim but I never got the impression she has done for Kim like Kim says Kyle has. This is the first season that Kim has said she prefers Kathy over Kyle and she parroted exactly what Brandi said to her, word for word. I get the impression that Brandi has pushed Kim away from Kyle and toward Kathy more for her, Brandi's, benefit than Kims.

The original post was about the Bravo contract stipulation, so that's what I called a myth. As for their bond as sisters - I don't see it. I sometimes see glimpses of closeness, but it's more like a roller coaster, and I think it's pretty clear Kim feels closer to Kathy than to Kyle off the show. Lastly, the notion of Kim acting as a 2nd wife to Mauricio and helping around the house is laughable. First of all, why does he need a 2nd wife? Secondly, Kim's middle name is Irresponsible. Followed by alcoholic. She can't even take care of her own house, her own kids, her own dog, her own set of utensils for her bowls of chicken salad, let alone someone else's house. This is Kim we're talking about!

• Love 1

The original post was about the Bravo contract stipulation, so that's what I called a myth. As for their bond as sisters - I don't see it. I sometimes see glimpses of closeness, but it's more like a roller coaster, and I think it's pretty clear Kim feels closer to Kathy than to Kyle off the show. Lastly, the notion of Kim acting as a 2nd wife to Mauricio and helping around the house is laughable. First of all, why does he need a 2nd wife? Secondly, Kim's middle name is Irresponsible. Followed by alcoholic. She can't even take care of her own house, her own kids, her own dog, her own set of utensils for her bowls of chicken salad, let alone someone else's house. This is Kim we're talking about!

LOL, Kim did not help Mauricio, he helped her! LOL Sorry that I didn't make that clearer! Yes, her middle name is "Irresponsible" and someone has been looking after her that does not travel like Kathy does, until this past year, when this season was filmed, that would have been Kyle/Mauricio. With the exception of when she had "bulldog" Ken in her life, she has relied heavily on Mauricio/Kyle to help her (aka/take care of her) and her kids (when they were visiting her), make sure thing got done, bills paid, things fixed, things along those lines. I would not be surprised to find out that it was Mauricio that helped Kim find her present rental.

IMO, both Kyle and Kathy need to let Kim fail or succeed on her own and stop protecting/saving her from the consequences of her actions. All this has done, again IMO, is helped to keep Kim stunted in her own personal growth/maturity, she has no reason to learn from her mistakes if everyone bails her out of the hell she creates in her life.  JMO

• Love 5

The original post was about the Bravo contract stipulation, so that's what I called a myth. As for their bond as sisters - I don't see it.

Ok you don't have to agree but you don't have to dwell on it.  It was just my opinion it was nothing concrete.

Or maybe Kim suspects that ROL is Kyle's go to "drop gossip" place, and she doesn't want to give her any more information to drop. Or she just doesn't WANT to deal with Kyle after all the horrible news she's had in the last week or two, Monty getting the news his remission is over, and there is nothing more they can do, and now her child, probably Chad, once again in a psych ward.

I think Kyle is awful, and makes everything about herself just as much as Kim does. They are toxic together, so not wanting Kyle around might be one of the sanest things Kim has done.

Except in this case it isn't about Kim. But in usual Kim fashion, as stated by your post above, Kim makes it all about her. Never mind her son who for all we know has a very close relationship with his aunt, but thanks to mommy drunkard he can't see or speak to her.

• Love 5

During Season 3, Faye Resnick made this comment that she felt Lisa got Brandi wound up and then Brandi essentially went HAM on whoever Lisa had issues with at the time.  Season 3 was a turning point for Brandi because she went from part time to full time and she decided to set up the outing of Adrienne's surrogacy.  I always felt there was a certain amount of truth to Faye's comment.  Once Brandi went totally off the rails in Season 4, Lisa decided to distance herself and paid a huge price for choosing sanity over Brandi.

I believe Brandi is using Kim much in the same way.  I think Brandi gets Kim wound up over some of these ladies and essentially Kim does Brandi's bidding or compliments some of the more strategic attacks on these women.  I also believe that Brandi is upset that people such as LvP, Kyle and allegedly Eileen make far more money than she does and since Brandi feels she is the star.  It is not by coincidence that both Brandi and Kim are broken records about the claim all the other women do is talk about them.  To me, that is trade speak for give me a bigger check.  I think Brandi has learned to use the massive ego that is Kim's to buttress her wars against the other women.  There was really no reason for Kim to be angry and filled with that level of rage at Eileen-ever.  It is Brandi that decided she had to have a huge issue with the new star, to stay relevant and so she threw wine.  There was Kim right behind her with the Talking Head saying at least Brandi apologized. 

Brandi played off she and Kim's mutual jealousy of these women and now Kim can't fathom that Brandi was using Kim and her weak sobriety for a storyline and to pull down a bigger paycheck.

• Love 7

I'm not sure which thread, but I know we've already been through this exact topic! Kyle never said they were a package deal. Somebody might have interpreted that from something Kyle said, but then it's the misinterpretation that spread, not Kyle's actual words. Secondly, Kathy Hilton and her family have lived in Beverly Hills all her life. Yes, she's a social climber and raised three kids, but so did Kyle (and still does). I don't know what it is about Kathy's life that precludes her from helping Kim out financially, esp. since they're much closer than Kim and Kyle. But I also don't understand why either sister had to help her out. Is there any evidence, or even gossip, that Kim was in financial straits?

This story is like an urban myth, it just will not die. I hate to be redundant but My theroy is that this story continues to have legs because it really does make sense. Any other housewife on any other franchise would have been canned by now so it makes sense that Kyle must have stipulated that they are a package deal. It makes sense but it's still not true.

• Love 3

This story is like an urban myth, it just will not die. I hate to be redundant but My theroy is that this story continues to have legs because it really does make sense. Any other housewife on any other franchise would have been canned by now so it makes sense that Kyle must have stipulated that they are a package deal. It makes sense but it's still not true.

Your theory is very valid because they have the same agent. So yes it has become an urban legend. I think one of the things Kim has going for her are the "fans" from her childhood years.  They seem to be very vocal with Bravo.  I cannot find any other way for her to get to keep her job.  That is really not something Bravo had to deal with prior to the Richard sisters and RHOBH-real live SAG carrying actors add Camille and Lisa to the list. 

• Love 1

How is Kim's child being in the hospital and her dear friend of many decades, who is dying in her house, and the father of two of her children NOT, at least partly about her?

Forget the damn show for a minute.  For example, one of my dear friend's dad is dying and one of her children has some issues I won't get into here.  Of course I worry and care about THEM, but I also care about her, because all of that IS also about her.  When one of our friends or a family member dies, or our children is in trouble, it IS about us as well.

I can't see how the toxic Kyle would be any help for Kim.  Just as Kyle needs to step away from Kim for her own peace of mind, I think Kim needs to step completely away from Kyle as well.  Kim may have more issues with addiction and or mental health as well, but both of those women are nasty, self-centered bitches who constantly fight, and are mean as hell to each other.  That's the last thing Kim needs right now.

Kyle's avoided Kim for months, and according to Brandi, for months BEFORE the show.  That's fine that Kyle will only deal with Kim while filming now, but with all her bitching and martyrdom about supposedly always having to "take care" of Kim, and how very, very, VERY hard that is for Saint Kyle?  Kim decides to try and deal with this on her own or with family/friends who are not Kyle, so she's wrong again?

Edited by Umbelina

Kyle's avoided Kim for months, and according to Brandi, for months BEFORE the show.  That's fine that Kyle will only deal with Kim while filming now, but with all her bitching and martyrdom about supposedly always having to "take care" of Kim, and how very, very, VERY hard that is for Saint Kyle?  Kim decides to try and deal with this on her own or with family/friends who are not Kyle, so she's wrong again?

I don't remember Brandi ever saying that Kyle had "avoided" Kim for months before they filmed this season. When was that? 

I agree that it is fine if Kim wants to deal with whatever is going on with her child on her own (or I am assuming with the assistance of his father), assuming she is capable of that. I don't think anyone is saying that she should let Kyle come in and take over.  While we don't know if there is any truth to what ROL is reporting, I think it is just jarring that she wouldn't be responding to a text from Kyle asking about her nephew. It doesn't mean that they have to reconcile. It doesn't mean they have to be close or all up in each other's business. But it seems like it would be good for Chad to know that he had people out there rooting for him and checking to see how he was doing. If Kim doesn't allow this, then she is making it all about herself. All about her hurt. It reminds me of the deal with Kingsley. Kim being worried that he would be taken away from her. Trying to get him back because she cannot stand to be without him. Yes, her pain is important and her feelings matter. But at some point you have to be able to put your own feelings aside and think about someone other than yourself.  This seems to be something that is very hard for Kim to do. 

• Love 5

You are assuming Chad wants Kyle in his life right now.  If he does, he can pick up the phone and call her.

After what she did to his mother this season, and on other seasons?  Maybe he doesn't.

Either way, Kim cutting Kyle out of her life right now, or rather, going along with Kyle cutting herself out of Kim's life?  That sounds healthy to me.  They are a toxic mess together.  The last thing Kim needs right now is Kyle swooping in on her broomstick, only to complain and gloat about how hard it was for HER on a future season or in yet another interview.

• Love 1

How is Kim's child being in the hospital and her dear friend of many decades, who is dying in her house, and the father of two of her children NOT, at least partly about her?

Forget the damn show for a minute.  For example, one of my dear friend's dad is dying and one of her children has some issues I won't get into here.  Of course I worry and care about THEM, but I also care about her, because all of that IS also about her.  When one of our friends or a family member dies, or our children is in trouble, it IS about us as well.

I can't see how the toxic Kyle would be any help for Kim.  Just as Kyle needs to step away from Kim for her own peace of mind, I think Kim needs to step completely away from Kyle as well.  Kim may have more issues with addiction and or mental health as well, but both of those women are nasty, self-centered bitches who constantly fight, and are mean as hell to each other.  That's the last thing Kim needs right now.

Kim's ex-husband and her son's mental illness are definitely about her.  She has opted not to discuss or confirm the issues with her son on air and we have seen as much as we are going to see of the ex-husband.  It is a visual medium and Kim talking about her stress or Monty not being there just doesn't work for the show.  It certainly goes a long ways in explaining her absence or quitting the show.  The same goes for the withholding content of the 2 am phone call with Brandi-it does not make for good TV.  For probably 99% of the viewers that is all  that matters.

The only reason Kyle has had to address supporting/being there for Kim is because Brandi brought it up.  Kim decided to run with the story not Kyle.

You call Kyle toxic-no one else has on the show.  Kyle does not have the ability to commit to Kim 24/7.  It may be a failing but she has been honest about-far more so than Kim that vacillates, depending on the audience, over Kyle's level of support.  No one has said Kyle avoided Kim, being in Spain or Lake Tahoe or Arizona is not avoiding Kim it is living life.  They were fine-Kyle was on vacation for the month of July and virtue of being half a world away unavailable to plan a wedding.  At this point Kim's present day situation is being mixed with what happened six months ago so I do not find it fair to weigh what level of assistance someone would have offered under today's circumstances.  If Kyle is on vacation the month of July she is unavailable to Kim for a couple of hours of escape.  Why would Kim or especially Brandi even raise the issue?

If Kim presently doesn't want Kyle around then she can't later say-"you weren't there for me".  There is also such a thing as taking support at the level it is offered.  If I offer to bring a casserole to my neighbor who has family in town for his wife's funeral, I should not be slighted if my offer does not included a sit down meal for 12 of Prime Rib and cleaning the house.  I am bringing what I feel comfortable with contributing.  Kyle has every right not to support Kim's positions regarding the other women if she doesn't agree just as Kim has chosen Brandi over Kyle. What Kim doesn't get to do is beat Kyle over the head about her lack of support if the relationship between Brandi and Kim goes south. 

• Love 7

Monty and Kim have 1 child together, he was her first husband. There is no reason to believe that Monty is living fulltime at Kim's during these last few weeks/months he has left, he has not been so far. He is also close to his other ex and it is this ex he has 2 daughter with. Kim has been seen/photo'd out at Kathy's house for a large party since Monty made his announcement and Chad was admitted to a private psych unit. Not that I begrudge her some down time from all the chaos in her life but a large party?  

I don't think it is right to keep Kyle in the dark about how Chad is doing, that is the move of a spiteful bitch, not a concerned mother IMO. And we do not know that Kyle "avoided" Kim at all, Kim has never said that on the show. The only one that says anything like that is Brandi and she has an agenda, a mean, nasty agenda of her own to destroy whatever relationship the sisters have. I would not believe Brandi even if her tongue came notarized at this point, her hatred of Kyle leads her every move, thought and word IMO. Kim has made it clear that Kyle has been there for her but not as much as she wants and that is very different from what Brandi says.

You are assuming Chad wants Kyle in his life right now.  If he does, he can pick up the phone and call her.

After what she did to his mother this season, and on other seasons?  Maybe he doesn't.

Either way, Kim cutting Kyle out of her life right now, or rather, going along with Kyle cutting herself out of Kim's life?  That sounds healthy to me.  They are a toxic mess together.  The last thing Kim needs right now is Kyle swooping in on her broomstick, only to complain and gloat about how hard it was for HER on a future season or in yet another interview.

No one knows what access Chad has to phones right now. He may not be able to phone anyone so to assume he does not want his Aunt Kyle around it reaching IMO. I can't see how he or any of Kim's children can blame Kyle for Kim's behavior on the show, Kim took drugs not prescribed for her, Kyle did not force them down her throat and Kim was as high as a kite because of her actions, no one else's.

• Love 8

My post was responding to the posts saying that Kim was making it "all about HER."  Also that Kim is horrible to not call Kyle.

Because?  Yeah.  No.  I feel it's one of the first smart things Kim has done.  Cut Kyle out of her life entirely and she might have a chance to heal. 

Also, I don't want to hear Kyle bitch about it, or cry talk, or make it all, once again, all about Kyle. 

This is serious stuff, and Kim has a right to cope with it in the way that is best for her, best for Chad, and best for Monty.  Also, Monty has continually posted nothing but love, admiration, and gratitude for Kim taking him in on his instagram. 

I think Kyle is a horrid bitch who used her sister's serious issues for story, for camera time, and to get sympathy/admiration, and finally, after all these years, be liked on this show.  I find that despicable.  Obviously YMMV, and does.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 1

That's funny because it doesn't make any sense to me. In fact, it kinda makes me think I'm watching a different program! I see sisters who have some pretty deep-seeded issues of jealousy and competitiveness, not to mention ego. Bravo's casting angle was definitely all about sisters, and even better, born and bred Beverly Hills gals (or at least LA), and former child stars. If Kyle was approached first and suggested Kim, thinking it would benefit her both financially and emotionally, I can believe that (although she must have been weary of Kim's alcoholism from the jump). But I also believe she would have taken the job irrespective of Kim getting an offer. And vice versa.

Even more so, from Kyle's perspective, I don't see the appeal of having your sister berate you season after season on national TV, continually called out for being unsupportive and not a "real" sister. From Kim's side, I'm sure she cringes every time Kyle talks about her "issues" in her TH's. Without the other on the show, they each would be free of a storyline that is emotionally difficult and often humiliating. And this line bears repeating - when Yolanda told Kyle it was her "job" to take care of Kim, she said she didn't want it! If that isn't proof she doesn't want to be her sister's keeper, I don't know what is.

So who is benefiting here? Not Kyle, not Kim, but Bravo. I agree with you that Kim would have probably been let go if she wasn't a Richards sister, but she remains not because of any stipulation on Kyle's part, but rather because of the drama their storyline brings to the show. And has since season one. That's the name of the game, right? Bravo always puts the show's interest first, not those of the HW's individually.

• Love 4

My post was responding to the posts saying that Kim was making it "all about HER." Also that Kim is horrible to not call Kyle.

Because? Yeah. No. I feel it's one of the first smart things Kim has done. Cut Kyle out of her life entirely and she might have a chance to heal.

Also, I don't want to hear Kyle bitch about it, or cry talk, or make it all, once again, all about Kyle.

This is serious stuff, and Kim has a right to cope with it in the way that is best for her, best for Chad, and best for Monty. Also, Monty has continually posted nothing but love, admiration, and gratitude for Kim taking him in on his instagram.

I think Kyle is a horrid bitch who used her sister's serious issues for story, for camera time, and to get sympathy/admiration, and finally, after all these years, be liked on this show. I find that despicable. Obviously YMMV, and does.

No, actually that would be Kim using Kim's issues as a storyline all these years. If her sobriety and her kids were so important to her she would have forgotten about this show after making a fool of herself in S1. Instead she came back again and again so we could watch her ride around high as a kite in limos and crawling around hotel rooms looking for drugs. Kim doesn’t give a shit about her kids and how embarrassing her actions are to them, ever. So Kyle can cry all she wants if Kim decides that now, during her sons serious illness that she's going to cut Kyle out for her own good. It's not about her right now. But that's not something our Kimmy is able to understand. Edited by hottesthw
  • Love 12

What did Kyle do to her this season? I think I must have missed something. 

• Love 7

I was about to say the same, what did Kyle do to Kim?

Last time I checked Kim and Kim only was the one who decided it was a good idea to get a painkiller pill that was not prescribed to her just before going to a filmed event. Kim is the one who acted like a loon at that party and even though Kyle tried to protect her and cover her mike, Kim was not having it. Everything that has happened this season is as a result of Kim's decisions

Kim is the only one who made the stupid decision to trust Brandi and call her at 2:00 a.m. and made her her best friend, Brandi is the one who has blasted every secret from Kim for everybody to know, Brandi told Yolanda, Brandi told Jennifer,Brandi told LisaR. Brandi was the self proffesed brest friend so that gave her credibility about her claims that Kim had felt off the wagon. How is that Kyle's fault? Kyle tried to warn Kim about this.

Kim is the one who has refused to apologize for her behavior even after her BFF told her that she was acting completely out of it, even after Kyle told her how her behavior was so embarrasing. I am convinced that if Kim would had apologized to Eileen and LisaR immediately after her hospital stay and explained about the "pill" they would have been inclined to believe her and leave the isssue alone. Instead she became more and more confrontational and aggresive.

Kim is the one who has acted like a complete lunatic so how is this Kyle's fault. How is Kyle's fault that Kim relapsed on national television where any viewer could see it as plain as day? I guess in Kim's addicted mind it is Kyle's fault because she didn't pretend that everything was okay, because she didn't demanded that the footage would not be shown . Kyle should have just smiled when her sister was calling her stupid and she should have never asked her in the bathroom what was wrong with her?

So I am baffled that some viewers find the most ridiculous excuses for Kim and her addictions while at the same time try to pin this on anybody that dared to talk about it as if we (viewers) are blind and couldn't noticed that Kim had relapsed.  Matter of fact the only one who has not say out loud that Kim has relapsed is Kyle, she has just refused to talk about it, she has made clear that she won't talk about it, she has advised Kim to talk about it to others (LisaR) in private and face to face as to not give the issue any more air time, so how is this Kyle's fault?

Maybe Kyle was at Kim's house and pushed the pill down her throat?  I am sure that in the lethany of ridiculous excuses that one will come up soon enough.

• Love 19

Because?  Yeah.  No.  I feel it's one of the first smart things Kim has done.  Cut Kyle out of her life entirely and she might have a chance to heal. 

I'm trying to understand this.  Is Kim working on herself and her addictions and is trying to heal and it's Kyle who is preventing her from succeeding?  By being on the show with Kim or in general?  How so? 

• Love 8

I am surprised nobody has claimed yet that Kyle was at Kim's house and shoved that pill down her throat so Kyle could have a story line for the season.

After all is never Kim's fault, EVER!!

• Love 10

I'm trying to understand this. Is Kim working on herself and her addictions and is trying to heal and it's Kyle who is preventing her from succeeding? By being on the show with Kim or in general? How so?

Kim will be back under Kyle soon as those season 6 negotiations starts again. She might not be talking to her "evil sister" now but Kim wants her big fat Bravo paycheck and the person that could put in a good word for her is Kyle, she knows that. Then when she gets paid she'll be back abusing Kyle on camera and saying shes never been there for her. Wash, wince and repeat yet again. Thats why I hope Kyle doesn't stick her neck out for her ungrateful sister during contract time. Let her ass finally hit rock bottom since she wants to isolate and make herself into a victim over things she created on and off cameras from addiction to her dog.

• Love 8

Kim will be back under Kyle soon as those season 6 negotiations starts again. She might not be talking to her "evil sister" now but Kim wants her big fat Bravo paycheck and the person that could put in a good word for her is Kyle, she knows that.

Kyle, to whom she's not on speaking terms with, is going to put in a good word for her? The person she called unsupportive and not a "real" sister? The person who's daughter was viciously bitten by her dog, who she wants returned? That makes no sense to me. Kyle's enabling is deeply rooted, but I think she's reached the end of her rope. I don't think she'll go so far as to insist Kim be fired, but she won't be going to bat for her. That ship has sailed.

• Love 7

So it's okay if Kyle cuts Kim off but not okay if Kim cuts her out?

It would be great if Kim cut Kyle out. It would be much much healthier for Kyle. But she'd only ever do it in whatever way she could to make Kyle feel guilty about it. That's just how she is built. 

• Love 10

It would be great if Kim cut Kyle out. It would be much much healthier for Kyle. But she'd only ever do it in whatever way she could to make Kyle feel guilty about it. That's just how she is built. 

You are right IMO. Kim will only cut Kyle off because she knows it will hurt (emotionally) Kyle more than it will hurt her. She is cutting her nose off to spite her face and doing Kyle a favor at the same time. Twisted logic, that's Kim!

• Love 5

Kim cutting off Kyle is more vindictive IMO.  With the ROL gossip that Kim doesn't update Kyle on Chad is quite shady and f'ed up.  It's one thing when they have their problems as sisters but to not let Kyle know whats happening with her nephew's health is sinister and once more Kim trying to use the guilt trip strategy on Kyle to feel sorry for distancing herself away since the dog incident.  She knows Kyle loves her children why punish the children that's not right.  Could Kyle get her updates from Kim's other daughters and Kathy even, yes, but it's  best to hear it from the horse's mouth mainly since it's Kim we're talking about.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 8

I would not believe Brandi even if her tongue came notarized at this point.

There are not enough 'likes' on the Internet to show how much I agree with this statement.

• Love 7

So Kim doesn't call Kyle and that makes her a bitch.  If she had called Kyle, how many would be saying "There she goes again, expecting Kyle to HELP her!"

Kim has a skewed notion of what "help" is.  Asking for help when your child is unwell is certainly reasonable.  Asking for help in supporting your addiction and keeping it secret is not.  It's called enabling.  Not the same thing.

• Love 12

So Kim doesn't call Kyle and that makes her a bitch.  If she had called Kyle, how many would be saying "There she goes again, expecting Kyle to HELP her!"

Updating your sister on your sons health issues is not asking Kyle for anything nor is it asking Kim to acknowledge anything between her and Kyle either but not letting your sister know when she has inquired/showed concern, is hideously cruel and very vindictive. IMO

• Love 6

My post was responding to the posts saying that Kim was making it "all about HER."  Also that Kim is horrible to not call Kyle.

This is serious stuff, and Kim has a right to cope with it in the way that is best for her, best for Chad, and best for Monty.  Also, Monty has continually posted nothing but love, admiration, and gratitude for Kim taking him in on his instagram. 

I think Kyle is a horrid bitch who used her sister's serious issues for story, for camera time, and to get sympathy/admiration, and finally, after all these years, be liked on this show.  I find that despicable.  Obviously YMMV, and does.

Out of curiosity I am wondering when Kyle used Kim's serious issues for story time?  Kyle has never used Monty or her nephew.  Kyle does not bring up Kim's sobriety and in fact Kim went nuts on her for not mentioning it.  Kim cannot keep having these medication mishaps act like a fool or deranged person and then try and blame Kyle.  I think the only real issues-show wise-the sisters have between them is Brandi.  I find it sad because I think this is one season, had Kim kept Brandi at bay, she would have had a good season with new friends.

• Love 4

Kyle may not have DIRECTLY SAID anything about Kim's sobriety, she had her good long time buddy Lipsa to do that.  Every. Single. Episode. since Eileen's party.  Multiple times, while accepting sympathy from Lipsa, from Eileen, and from Lisa, and crying about how hard it all is to her.   Also, I'm not only talking about this season, I'm talking about the limo, the endless screaming through most seasons, and their toxic personalities and relationship.

Just because Kim is bad?  That does not, in any way, make Kyle "good."

Edited by thewhiteowl
Mod edit
  • Love 1

So it's okay if Kyle cuts Kim off but not okay if Kim cuts her out?

Albeit small I think the difference is advocating or staying out of it versus cutting out of her life.  I always get the impression that Kim is pretty draconian about her relationship with Kyle.  According to Andy in a recent interview, they don't make any decisions until the season airs and then they start to put together the new season.  Kim and Kyle have plenty of time to iron things out.

I always sound like Debbie Downer but with the BH ladies they use agents to do their bidding, always have always will.  My source on that is once again Andrew Cohen.  So unless Kyle's agent fires Kim or Kyle she is not going to be making any demands that one or other leave to retain the other on the cast.

Well zero if you were to count me.

First off we are relying on a RadarOnLine story and no one from the family has confirmed the kid has been hospitalized.  As far as Kim ignoring Kyle's texts or phone calls again no confirmation.

I would not have a problem with Kyle receiving the news secondhand.  Maybe the kid doesn't want his current status shared.  Maybe he doesn't even want mom to know.  I don't know how HIPPA works with mental health patients-Higgins can you help me out again? 

• Love 4

If anyone involved in his treatment leaked this, it is violation. It only applies to The institution, treatment team, insurance or

pharmacy. His family or friends aren't bound by HIPAA.

We all think it is better for Kyle and Kim to distance themselves from each other so I don't think it really matters who choses to

do it.

I doubt ROL also.

• Love 4

If anyone involved in his treatment leaked this, it is violation. It only applies to The institution, treatment team, insurance or

pharmacy. His family or friends aren't bound by HIPAA.

We all think it is better for Kyle and Kim to distance themselves from each other so I don't think it really matters who choses to

do it.

I doubt ROL also.

I didn't phrase my question properly.  Can an adult be admitted to a psychiatric facility and ask that no one in his family have access to condition or prognosis?  Say he wanted to tell his dad but did not docs talking to his mom?  I am curious because of state of mind if some of those confidentiality guarantees drop off.